Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 176 to 200 of 200

Thread: Holidays

  1. #176

    Join Date
    20-09-18
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,790
    vCash
    1115
    Only another week until the big guy can tell work to get stuffed. Im going to New Zealand!

    Road trip round the north island. Will keep the lads updated with some photos and video (avid photography me ) if the dickheads have WiFi over there

    Hopefully i survive

  2. #177
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    24,266
    vCash
    6846
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    A month ago we went to Iceland. Stunning place.

    Tomorrow we are in the New Forest, a nice little hotel called The Pig, for 4 days.

    Derbyshire next Saturday for 3 days.

    Scotland in July for a weekend.

    Scotland again a week later, then onto Shetland, the Orkneys and Fair Isle before a couple of nights at a nice hotel near Inverness.

    A week in the Lake District at the end of August.

    Sicily in October for a week.

    Norway I think over Christmas. Just finalising this one.

    Love a holiday me!

    Retirement suits you

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    Only another week until the big guy can tell work to get stuffed. Im going to New Zealand!

    Road trip round the north island. Will keep the lads updated with some photos and video (avid photography me ) if the dickheads have WiFi over there

    Hopefully i survive

    Great place - I did both Islands in a quick 'ol 3 weeks trip - need to back for longer!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:


  4. #178
    Craig Forrest's Avatar
    Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    4,616
    vCash
    3847
    That was an awesome weekend in Philly with temps of +20 and sunny weather both Saturday and Sunday.... now I'm home where it's zero and raining.... yay....

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:


  6. #179
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,625
    vCash
    1182
    I'm going to Amsterdam next week, and as we have a fair few Dutch peoples on the forum, thought I'd ask this here rather than engage with the weirdos on TripAdvisor: can I drink a beer in the street?

    That question probably accentuates the stereotype of the lairy Brit abroad, but I don't mean sitting on a bench, being anti-social and throwing bottles in the canal - I'm talking about grabbing a beer from the shop to enhance the wander around a nice city Berlin, for example, was perfect for 'walking-round beers'.

    I did attempt to Google it, but TripAdvisor advice was from 2009 and a few news articles focused on specific areas where you can't drink e.g. Red Light District, so I don't know if it's a city-wide thing!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  7. #180
    Tournaments Won: 5

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,606
    vCash
    3792
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    I'm going to Amsterdam next week, and as we have a fair few Dutch peoples on the forum, thought I'd ask this here rather than engage with the weirdos on TripAdvisor: can I drink a beer in the street?

    That question probably accentuates the stereotype of the lairy Brit abroad, but I don't mean sitting on a bench, being anti-social and throwing bottles in the canal - I'm talking about grabbing a beer from the shop to enhance the wander around a nice city Berlin, for example, was perfect for 'walking-round beers'.

    I did attempt to Google it, but TripAdvisor advice was from 2009 and a few news articles focused on specific areas where you can't drink e.g. Red Light District, so I don't know if it's a city-wide thing!
    Every city in Holland has their own rules which governs if alcohol may be consumed and where.

    In Amsterdam there are some zones where it's forbidden to drink and carry alcohol with you in public spaces. You can find those zones here: https://data.amsterdam.nl/data/?modu...a=true&zoom=10.

    You can't drink alcohol or carry it with you in the purple zones. This doesn't include pubs and terraces from restaurants obviously, just the public space
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:


  9. #181
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,625
    vCash
    1182
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Every city in Holland has their own rules which governs if alcohol may be consumed and where.

    In Amsterdam there are some zones where it's forbidden to drink and carry alcohol with you in public spaces. You can find those zones here: https://data.amsterdam.nl/data/?modu...a=true&zoom=10.

    You can't drink alcohol or carry it with you in the purple zones. This doesn't include pubs and terraces from restaurants obviously, just the public space
    That's great, thanks seems to be dotted about quite a bit, will have to have my wits about me! Makes sense though, seems to be the most touristy parts. I could just play it safe and walk around Vondelpark all day

    I've been before, but with my girlfriend, who wasn't really in the market for walking-round beers!

    Going with mates this time, just checked where our accommodation is and it's in Utrecht (the province, not the city thankfully) - can tell I haven't been involved with organising this
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  10. #182
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    24,266
    vCash
    6846
    Off to Lithuania for a few days next month!

  11. #183
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,625
    vCash
    1182
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Off to Lithuania for a few days next month!
    Nice, nearly went a few years ago cos flights were cheap. Think when I was looking into it the cost of living in Vilnius was cheap as chips!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  12. #184
    Tournaments Won: 10

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    28,241
    vCash
    0
    Keep your wallet secure as you walk around, never forget going to Amsterdam and a bloke tried to grab my mates wallet as we walked by the canal.

  13. #185
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,625
    vCash
    1182
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Keep your wallet secure as you walk around, never forget going to Amsterdam and a bloke tried to grab my mates wallet as we walked by the canal.
    Probably the case with most tourist cities tbh - my mate got robbed in a Barcelona and someone even tried to rob me in Liverpool once! But yeah, I’m pretty cautious!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  14. #186
    Tournaments Won: 13

    Join Date
    17-05-12
    Posts
    3,725
    vCash
    18217
    Why would anyone want to wander around with a beer in their hand?

    Barcelona was the worst place I've been for pickpockets. A few swarthy types tried to rob a few of us a while ago, surrounded the ladies in the group whilst "offering" tourist help. A quick jab in the ribs to one of them followed by a kick in the nuts for another got rid of them. The Police didn't seem to care either way.

  15. #187
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,625
    vCash
    1182
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Why would anyone want to wander around with a beer in their hand?
    Because it'll be about €4 cheaper than sitting in a bar!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  16. #188
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,625
    vCash
    1182
    Two days back in work and I've had to book another holiday

    Off to Reus (near Tarragona, about an hour-and-a-half train ride down the coast from Barcelona) next month, looking forward to it, can speak a decent amount of Spanish but only ever been to Benidorm on the mainland also been to Fuerteventura and Tenerife.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  17. #189
    Dermotron's Avatar
    Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    Tournaments Won: 11

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,324
    vCash
    390000
    Day trip to PortAventura

  18. #190
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,625
    vCash
    1182
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Day trip to PortAventura
    Wasn’t looking at that cos we probably will go to Salou one day, but €55 a head? What is it, just a theme park?!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  19. #191
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    24,266
    vCash
    6846
    Just finished a long weekend in Bluestone (West Wales)

    Think it's better for older kids (mine are 4 and 2) but brillaint fair play - weather was dry and sunny in the main, lots to do and a beautiful setting

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:


  21. #192
    ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    8,134
    vCash
    435000
    Had two and a bit weeks in rural Brittany over the summer.
    Beautiful there.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:


  23. #193
    Craig Forrest's Avatar
    Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    4,616
    vCash
    3847
    Sadly, my on-again, off-again trip to Europe is being postponed..... Have to save up for the wedding at the end of August next year

  24. #194
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    24,266
    vCash
    6846
    yours?!

  25. #195
    Craig Forrest's Avatar
    Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    4,616
    vCash
    3847
    Yes sir. Proposed on the 28th... and surprisingly, she said yes

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:


  27. #196

    Join Date
    09-09-18
    Posts
    78
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Yes sir. Proposed on the 28th... and surprisingly, she said yes
    congratulations...….ill commiserate with you later!!!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to upthehammers For This Useful Post:


  29. #197
    Tournaments Won: 4

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,625
    vCash
    1182
    Congrats, man!!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  30. #198
    Tournaments Won: 10

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    28,241
    vCash
    0

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:


  32. #199
    Tournaments Won: 13

    Join Date
    17-05-12
    Posts
    3,725
    vCash
    18217
    What's his name?

  33. #200
    Craig Forrest's Avatar
    Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    4,616
    vCash
    3847
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    What's his name?
    Noel Draper

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •