Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: cm0102.exe stopped working - AUG 1st

  1. #26
    Join Date
    23-03-17
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    500
    So, my game opened through Olly, and then it went one day further than usual but then it minimised itself and froze.
    Am I to assume that it has corrupted beyond repair?

    I did check the Club World Championship to see if that had played through the previous season (as I read that sometimes that can cause a problem if it doesn't get past the semi finals) but all was as it should be there.

    Edit: Am adding a screenshot of Olly when I open my exe through it. Apologies if I do this wrong as I've never uploaded a file before!

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/0eop9n

    Copied
    Last edited by tysonlucybuffy; 06-07-17 at 08:09 PM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    7600
    It probably is corrupted beyond repair. If you can upload the .sav file I'll take a look at it.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Join Date
    23-03-17
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    500

  5. #29
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    7600
    The problem relates to the Average Points in the Argentine Primera B Nacional. The game will crash immediately if you try to click on them, and it crashes on August 3rd as that's when the Argentine leagues are reset for a new season. It's an error that was present in .68, maybe in other previous official patches too.

    I tried a lazy fix to it (literally just bypassing the error with no consideration for what else is being skipped) and it seems to work for now. The Argentine leagues reset without issue and I holidayed until the following August where they also reset properly. So you should get another season out of your save at least, but beyond that I've no idea. Let me know which numbered exe you're using from the 2.21.1+ v3 thread and I'll upload an edited version of it.

    To anyone else running into this problem in the future, the change I made is:
    Code:
    00409D7E  JLE SHORT 00409D9E --> JMP SHORT 00409D9E

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Join Date
    23-03-17
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    500
    Saturn, that is so kind of you to try to fix my save! I shall load it up later and let you know how it goes.
    I think the exe I used was 13 but I will double check when I am by my laptop.

    I really appreciate your effort. Thank you!

    Ben

    Edit: Yes, the exe I used is number 13.
    Last edited by tysonlucybuffy; 08-07-17 at 07:49 PM.

  8. #31
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    7600
    New .exe

    Hopefully it'll hold together for more than the one season I tested.

    I really appreciate your effort.
    Thanks. Likewise, I appreciated the fact that you tried to solve this on your own, giving a thorough description of what you tried and what settings you had used.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Join Date
    23-03-17
    Posts
    10
    vCash
    500
    I have played on with my save for a few months now - No problems at all.

    Cheers, Saturn! You won't believe how happy I am that I can carry on with my game

  11. #33
    Join Date
    31-07-17
    Posts
    3
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    The problem relates to the Average Points in the Argentine Primera B Nacional. The game will crash immediately if you try to click on them, and it crashes on August 3rd as that's when the Argentine leagues are reset for a new season. It's an error that was present in .68, maybe in other previous official patches too.

    I tried a lazy fix to it (literally just bypassing the error with no consideration for what else is being skipped) and it seems to work for now. The Argentine leagues reset without issue and I holidayed until the following August where they also reset properly. So you should get another season out of your save at least, but beyond that I've no idea. Let me know which numbered exe you're using from the 2.21.1+ v3 thread and I'll upload an edited version of it.

    To anyone else running into this problem in the future, the change I made is:
    Code:
    00409D7E  JLE SHORT 00409D9E --> JMP SHORT 00409D9E
    Hi,

    I have been trying to get to open the .sav file with note but it opens up with gibberish font.

    I'm facing the same issue and would appreciate any advise on how I can make the change for the coding

    Thanks

  12. #34
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    7600
    Open the cm0102.exe with Olly.

  13. #35
    Join Date
    07-01-18
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    The problem relates to the Average Points in the Argentine Primera B Nacional. The game will crash immediately if you try to click on them, and it crashes on August 3rd as that's when the Argentine leagues are reset for a new season. It's an error that was present in .68, maybe in other previous official patches too.

    I tried a lazy fix to it (literally just bypassing the error with no consideration for what else is being skipped) and it seems to work for now. The Argentine leagues reset without issue and I holidayed until the following August where they also reset properly. So you should get another season out of your save at least, but beyond that I've no idea. Let me know which numbered exe you're using from the 2.21.1+ v3 thread and I'll upload an edited version of it.

    To anyone else running into this problem in the future, the change I made is:
    Code:
    00409D7E  JLE SHORT 00409D9E --> JMP SHORT 00409D9E
    Hi guys!

    I have exactly the same problem as described above, and then identified and subsequently fixed by Saturn. I am desperate to salvage my saved game...

    The question for the house please is, how do I perform the prescribed fix - '00409D7E JLE SHORT 00409D9E --> JMP SHORT 00409D9E' ?

    I am limited on computing ability, but I have managed to isolate the .sav file. And using Notepad++, have been able to open it up. Having used the search funtion, I am unable to find any match to any of the above coding. Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

    Many thanks in advance! And please.

  14. #36
    Join Date
    07-01-18
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    500
    Oh perhaps I should add that I have no mods or patches installed (never have). I have however changed Mike Duff to become Northern Irish (true story). And added second nationalities to Hersi (Ethiopian), Bubb (Grenada), Kanoute (Mali) and Samba (Gambian) to reflect real life, and that I think it is sad how Africa (and rest of world) tends to end up being a bit sparse on quality as the game starts regenerating players.

  15. #37
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    7600
    Quote Originally Posted by kimball View Post
    Hi guys!

    I have exactly the same problem as described above, and then identified and subsequently fixed by Saturn. I am desperate to salvage my saved game...

    The question for the house please is, how do I perform the prescribed fix - '00409D7E JLE SHORT 00409D9E --> JMP SHORT 00409D9E' ?

    I am limited on computing ability, but I have managed to isolate the .sav file. And using Notepad++, have been able to open it up. Having used the search funtion, I am unable to find any match to any of the above coding. Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

    Many thanks in advance! And please.
    Use Olly. Open Olly, press F3 and navigate to the cm0102.exe file and open it. Once it has loaded press CTRL+G and enter 00409D7E. Double click on the line JLE SHORT 00409D9E and enter JMP SHORT 00409D9E, then click Assemble. Now right click anywhere in Olly and scroll down to Copy to executable --> All modifications and Copy all. Right click on the new window that pops up and click Save file, overwriting the existing cm0102.exe file.

  16. #38
    Join Date
    07-01-18
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Use Olly. Open Olly, press F3 and navigate to the cm0102.exe file and open it. Once it has loaded press CTRL+G and enter 00409D7E. Double click on the line JLE SHORT 00409D9E and enter JMP SHORT 00409D9E, then click Assemble. Now right click anywhere in Olly and scroll down to Copy to executable --> All modifications and Copy all. Right click on the new window that pops up and click Save file, overwriting the existing cm0102.exe file.
    Thanks a lot bud for getting back to me on this, and writing the above response! I followed all the guidance, and did get it to save in the end which was satisfying. Unfortunately now, when I go to to advance to the next day - the game freezes and says 'processing' at the bottom. I also tried to copy in the file that you posted for the chap with the problem initially, and this didn't work either. The only last thing I can wonder, is the relevance of when you asked if he was using the '13 exec'?

  17. #39
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    7600
    If you want you can upload your cm0102.exe somewhere and I'll take a look at it. The fix I offered above is a bit of a clumsy solution so it's far from a guarantee to work.

    The exe #13 relates to this thread, but it isn't really important here as the issue exists in both that patch and the 3.9.68 patch you're playing on.

  18. #40
    Join Date
    07-01-18
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    If you want you can upload your cm0102.exe somewhere and I'll take a look at it. The fix I offered above is a bit of a clumsy solution so it's far from a guarantee to work.

    The exe #13 relates to this thread, but it isn't really important here as the issue exists in both that patch and the 3.9.68 patch you're playing on.
    Mate, thank-you so much for trying. Regardless of outcome, I would appreciate you having a look so much please. The file is uploaded on the following link!

    http://www.filefactory.com/file/xs8rd3kh9l7/cm0102.exe

  19. #41
    Join Date
    18-03-14
    Posts
    747
    vCash
    7600
    Oh, you're playing with the 3.9.60 exe. Everything I know about the game (where things are in the code) is based on the 3.9.68 exe, so I won't be able to help further, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •