vCash

Basketball

A thread for if you're into this kind of thing

vCash
    i think i am the only one on here actually watching NBA

vCash
    I'm not watching so much at the moment, but I try to stay up-to-date

vCash
    Being trying to get back into it but there's a lack of flair in the few games I've watched. I haven't been big in it since the Bulls were the best and Stockton and Malone were tearing it up.

Watched the whole lot of the Cleveland Vs Charlotte game the other night (Charlotte were so much more appealing as the Hornets) and it was gripping stuff in the 4th quarter - a big 'will they, won't they' effort from Charlotte only to get level with seconds to go and give away 2 free throws. Nearly scored from downtown with a last second punt for the win. Its a shame cos after the Bulls and the Jazz I used to follow the Hornets a bit too.

vCash
    Cleveland - Charlotte is one of the worst possible games to watch. I know the game in itself was tight with OT but the 2 teams are so bad, it's not funny. Both teams have lost quite a bit of support.

You should prolly watch the Clippers, they are filling up the highlight reel regularily.

vCash
    Noticed that, 1/3 full 20k stadium doesn't bode well.

vCash
    I'll get watching some of this now Sky Sports have got some live action starting with the London game soon

vCash
    NBA changed for the worse, but it's still good.
    What's always bugged me is the fact regular season is way too long for purely commercial reasons, while in every other aspect it's a negative thing. 20-30 games out of those 82 are usually completely useless. Every season there are controversial moves like recently when Popovich rested his star players (they didn't even travel with the team) in one of those meaningless games...

The real NBA starts in playoffs.

vCash
    I got the league pass 3rd year running and watching every night so it's good that there are many games. but yes, 82 as a whole is unnecessary. 60 or so would be enough. play your division opponents 4 times = 20 games, your conference opponents twice 20 games and the other conference teams once so 15 games. that'd be 55 games in a season for each team which is more than enough.

Edit: Game to watch tonite is Boston - NY at 0:30 GMT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    I got the league pass 3rd year running and watching every night so it's good that there are many games. but yes, 82 as a whole is unnecessary. 60 or so would be enough. play your division opponents 4 times = 20 games, your conference opponents twice 20 games and the other conference teams once so 15 games. that'd be 55 games in a season for each team which is more than enough.

Damn, you're a big watcher.

vCash
    Rondo suspended for the game tonight. Almost no chance for the Celtics now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    What a great game that was. Good old-fashioned physical Basketball. Celtics-Knicks rivalry is class.

vCash

316'sRegen Unattached
    NBA was live on bbc 5 live tonight

vCash
    Now the Superbowl is over, America will shift focus over to the NBA.

What happened lately? A lot.

In the West the Lakers were terrible but improved the last few games. Nevertheless, they are still 3.5 games behind 8th spot. Looked worse a week or 2 ago. San Antonio still first ahead of OKC and LA Clippers. Those 3 are gonna end up winning their divisions as well most likely and therefore stay in the top 4.
    There is quite a battle for 4th with Memphis, Golden State and Denver all within a game. Unlikely that Memphis will stay there though since they just traded one of their best players in Rudy Gay away in fear of the punitive salary tax. So yeah, all in all, not a lot of news apart from the Lakers momentarily imploding. Which I like

In the East my favourite team just lost my favourite player. Boston's Point Guard Rajon Rondo; leading the league in assists, All-Star starter and walking triple-double machine, tore his ACL and is out for the season. This basically puts all of Boston's championship hopes to an end. To add to that misery, promising rookie and big man Jared Sullinger just had back surgery as well and is also out for the season. So yeah, the Celtic's are between a rock and a hard place by now. Talks about blowing up the team (meaning trading Pierce and / or Garnett) are ongoing. Funnily enough, without Rondo they are right now on a 3-game winning streak. And they didn't just beat any 3 teams, 2 of them were Miami and the Clippers, both title favourites.
    Anyway, Miami still first but NY Knicks only half a game behind. 3rd are the Bulls who only sit 2.5 games behind 1st. This is even more impressive considering they have been without franchise player Derrick Rose all season who is bound to come back. Definately need to be considered for the title. After that there are the freshly-moved Brooklyn Nets, Indiana, Atlanta and the only real surprise in the East, Milwaukee. Boston currently occupies the 8th spot in a rather weak Eastern Conference.

Interesting games this week are Lakers at Brooklyn on Tuesday night, Houston - Miami and Golden State - OKC on Wednesday night (the former should be a very fast-paced game) and a need-to-be-watched game between bitter rivals Lakers and Boston on Thursday night.

vCash
    Anyone watching the playoffs?

vCash
    Yup. Some good matchups .

Wizards who took out Bulls in 1st Round was predictable, but now... Looks like Indiana is getting back on right track. Leading 3-1 vs Wizards, can see them wraping it up next game and securing Conference Finals place where they will meet Miami Heat. Can't see it the other way.

As for 2nd Conference... Well, Spurs vs Clippers is what I bet on in final. Hopefully... It won't be San Antonio vs Heat in Championship Final as that would be repeat from last year (I know many predicted same Final as last year before regular season started, but come on ).

GO GO GO LOB CITY!

vCash
    Well, I love LA Clippers and what CP3/Griffin/DeAndre do for the team. However, there is JUST one thing which ruins the image of this club recently... It's their fucked in the head CHAIRMAN called Donald Sterling.

He is racist. His first outburst was recorded by cleaning lady, but now, he did the same in TV show...

He took his words on Earvin "Magic" Johnson, saying that he has AIDS (true) and that he shouldn't be a role model for children (indirectly). WHAT THE FUCK MAN?! O_O

Hope this scumbag sells LAC. I really do. White trash.

vCash
    He will be forced to sell.

vCash
    That's how NBA works. Even if he is private investor. I guess most other team chairmen want him out of league too.

Btw crazy shit happens in NCAA (College Basketball)... Because even if it earns massive money, players are paid tenners and some, don't have money to buy food .

Knowing that only few chosen ones make it to the draft, it's not something to take lightly for NBA Association. They must do something about the above soon.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/85...ness-this-year

Crazy...

vCash
    Anyone watched last night game?! It was a MASSACRE of Heat through and through!

Gregg made sure last year mistake won't happen again. Spurs leading 3-1 in Championship battle now and only miracle can save Heat. Bye, bye to your three peat (so Chicago Bulls will remain as last team to do that ).

vCash
    the MLS has had a better average attendance than the NBA since 2011

this is kind of being kept a secret in this country though haha

I really don't pay much attention to either league but from what I hear the MLS is on the rise...maybe there will be some big signings after the World Cup

the NBA has been on the decline for a while (i did tune in to watch Lebron get his first NBA title)....I'm a big fan of the way Kevin Durant plays.

vCash
    And who cares about that? Of course you will get higher attendence @soccer games. The biggest NBA arena holds 23.000 fans (Chicago Bulls - United Center).

I will however, watch NBA when I have time to do it as, even without supporting ANY team, you can have massive entertainment. Thus I will say, amazing performance from big 3 from Spurs. LeFlop James couldn't do jack shit. Isolated. Wade and Bosh didn't shine either. Congrats to Tim, Tony and Manu for lifting the Championship (which should have been theirs last year too, but miracle named Allen saved Heat ).

4-1 in the series, Spurs 104 Heat 87 in game 5 (final).

vCash

vCash

Paul George gets terrible injury training with USA team . At least 6 to 9 months break for him. Indiana Pacers lost a big asset to their play style .

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast