Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: American Football

vCash
    The lad that came 2nd in ours was saying fun. Didn't ovrrthink anything like everyone else

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Will give my 2 cents worth on Cowboys game tomorrow my time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    Will give my 2 cents worth on Cowboys game tomorrow my time
    I only lasted 'til half time, was fairly satisfied that Rams were going to win by that point, even though Cowboys gave it a good go to start with.

vCash
    The poor Cowboys. They dominated in the passing game - defensively and offensively - but the drastic difference in the running game proved too much. Keeping Elliot to less than 50 yards, and having both of they're RBs total over 100 yards each, and ultimately they couldn't contain CJ Anderson. I felt they kept a good lid on Gurley, but Anderson just tore them up. I said in my pregame commentary on my radio show that the Cowboys were going to struggle in the rushing game all over, and I was right. I said Dallas would be better at the passing game - and I was right.

End of the day, Dallas has one of if not the youngest team in the comp (maybe the Jets are younger?) and they'll come out firing again next season. Dak was playing some of the best football of his career after Amari came in, Beasley is the next big thing now and they're defence is still solid. The next draft will be massive for Dallas, securing a good defensive lineman and a hot prospect RB could turn them into a championship winning side.

As for the Superbowl now, I feel it's out of the Chief's grasp this year. They just didn't look good enough against the Colts in my opinion. It's going to be the Rams or the Saints this year, whoever wins this matchup wins it all in my opinion. The Pats and the Chiefs have the offense, yes, but they're defence just lacks. And if the Saint's D hinders them, then the Rams have it.

Overall, it should be an exciting final this year, the Ram's pass defence wasn't exactly top quality against Prescott so it's going to be intriguing. But if CJ Anderson keeps this up, hell, there isn't anything the Rams can't do.

vCash
    I'd disagree on the Chiefs performance, it's been one of the few performances they have put together that's been complete i.e. the attack wasn't bailing out the defence. Luck had only been allowed 12 yards in the first half and it wasn't until the 3rd quarter that the Colts managed a 1st down. It was also a clever performance, they isolated Nelson and made all the plays on the opposite side of the defence. It was the type of performance they will need for the Patriots. At least for the Chiefs this time, if Reid implodes Mahomes has the talent to pull it out of the fire.

The Saints drag themselves over the line again, that's last 5 games they've been sluggish. The most worrying thing for them is they are now as one dimensional as the Falcons. Instead of Ryan to Jones it's Brees to Thomas and no matter how good the combo is it's pretty easy defend after awhile. The Saints defence might not get much praise but for all the attacking flair of weeks 1-11, it's the defence that's still got them in the hunt. I can see now why Bryant was brought it. And Brandon Marshall. Thomas is doing his part but Ginn is getting plenty of targets and doing little. Most games Kamara has been #1 or #2 Rushing & #2 Receiving.

I think the Rams will now play with the shackles off as they aren't expected to beat the Saints and a team with no pressure is dangerous. Which is why I think it will be a Rams Vs Pats SB which I really don't want to see, Belicheck would take McVay to the cleaners

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Members who have read this thread: 25