Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: American Football

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Christ, can't wait for next season already
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Tevin Coleman signs with us, we've not spent much on him thankfully. Dee Ford however is expensive, hopefully be worth it.

Bills and Ravens having good free agency. Bills is decent in so far its improving the lverally squad rather than one position. Everyone else signing 1 decent player + 2 with serious question marks

vCash
    Isn't it great that we all go for shit teams?

Still up for a fantasy draft?

vCash
    Gronkowski has retired

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The AAF gone bust already. They are playing one last round of games and then ceasing with 2 regular season games and the play-offs to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    The AAF gone bust already. They are playing one last round of games and then ceasing with 2 regular season games and the play-offs to go
    Christ. Was thinking about it yesterday actually and was meant to check how it was getting on!

vCash
    Schedules out today, got tickets for Giants @ Redskins on the weekend of my 30th birthday

Now just gotta work out how to get there

9. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Draft is on at 01:00 GMT this Friday night (Saturday morning)

vCash
    Draft is on at 01:00 GMT this Friday night (Saturday morning)
    You sure? When I looked the other day for 0102Bet event I found Thursday night in America, 01:00 Friday for us...

vCash
    Looks like i misread it

vCash
    If Cardinals pick Bosa or anyone other than Murray, SF will end up with some serious draft and trade action before they even make a pick. We seem to have done well on both O-line and D-line in the off-season, now it's about getting some targets for Jimmy G other than Kittle. All the wide receivers and running backs have potential but you couldn't rely any of them in the red zone. Breida gets great yards out the field but you couldn't pick who would be the RB when it's 1st and goal from the 5 yrd line.

Trade Murray to the Cardinals for David Johnson

vCash
    I want DK Metcalf at the Jets

vCash
    Will anyone be staying up to watch the draft live?

I only have in the last couple of years and really got into it.

Iíve been a Bears fan since 85/86 when I first saw what non English Ďfootballersí looked like when that amazing team who had thrashed the Patriots in the Super Bowl came over to the U.K.

A couple of years ago Iíd been googling mock drafts for months before April and had gone all in on us hopefully drafting Mitchell Trubisky, I didnít realise how exciting the madness of how it unfolded and the general razzmatazz would be!

vCash
    I certainly watched a bit last year, mustíve been on earlier than this year cos I wouldnít have been up that late for it. First couple of rounds are a big song-and-dance, calms down a bit after that. Luckily, else it wouldnít finish before the season started.

vCash
    Absolutely, the 1st round grabs all the headlines on the 1st night but arguably the later rounds where teams have their eyes on an unearthed gem are so important. I wouldnít have the patience to do the scouting, Iíd pick a couple of superstars then want the season to start.

vCash
    Won't stay up for it as they have made a mistake with the whole Oscars style night for the draft. So many players don't even go to it. The waiting by the phone with families and the likes had more of a real feel to it plus there are plenty of brilliant and comedy moments from them (they are all pre my time as an NFL fan mind you).

You are right about the later rounds. Rounds 2 and 3 are the interesting ones as it's where the really great scouts excel (Patriots in particular). Very very rarely will someone take a TE in the 1st round but its a really important position and it'll be interesting to see who gets picked up early in rounds 2 and 3 as some teams are really lacking there.

There's an odd feel to this draft as the 1st 12 picks don't really need a QB (personally I think the Cardinals do as Rosen will want to have come on an awful lot based on last season. Giants need to protect a QB before getting a new one). Some might want one of course and others might go for leverage in future rounds e.g. the Skins and Dolphins may well be losing some more talent to plug the QB gaps they have if their guy goes early (also see earlier comment as to how the 49ers might play using the #2 pick). Plenty will take one that they don't need. Some will go the grooming route like Mahomes. Not that that works out a lot either e.g. Paxton Lynch

This draft feels like it lacks superstars but we'll only really know when they take to the field e.g. Baker over Barkley looked insane last year. But the Browns are in a far better spot than if they took the best player over the best player they needed.

It'll be interesting all the same, the trades to move up and down to get a player are great to analyze. The lesser, weaker teams always seem to fuck up in this regard though lol

vCash
    Thereís a couple of quality tight ends coming out of college this year, theyíve been likened to Travis Kelce and Zach Ertz so high praise. There is a Rob Gronkowski shaped hole in the NFL now when you put together his ability, his Patriots career, his post season numbers for a TE, his personality and the fact he only played 9 seasons in the league.

I agree about the position, itís such a hybrid of skill sets you need, when you get good tight ends they are so important. With the Patriots in particular itís going to be fascinating to see whether theyíve already scouted someone who theyíve decided on or if the the top couple of TEís look like going early will they be tempted to trade up? I canít wait! Imagine an NFL champ man and scouting a youngster to replace your recently retired superstar.

Thatís the double edged sword when a team/franchise has been so successful, eventually replacing them.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Thereís a couple of quality tight ends coming out of college this year, theyíve been likened to Travis Kelce and Zach Ertz so high praise. There is a Rob Gronkowski shaped hole in the NFL now when you put together his ability, his Patriots career, his post season numbers for a TE, his personality and the fact he only played 9 seasons in the league.

I agree about the position, itís such a hybrid of skill sets you need, when you get good tight ends they are so important. With the Patriots in particular itís going to be fascinating to see whether theyíve already scouted someone who theyíve decided on or if the the top couple of TEís look like going early will they be tempted to trade up? I canít wait! Imagine an NFL champ man and scouting a youngster to replace your recently retired superstar.

Thatís the double edged sword when a team/franchise has been so successful, eventually replacing them.
    I love a good tight end (not just being silly...) - playing fantasy has actually given me a really good appreciation for them, the great ones are SO much better than the merely good ones. Also so interesting to see how teams utilise them when you become more than a casual observer.

Got a Giants jersey for Christmas with Engram 88 on it, hoping he steps up to the top tier eventually, drafted him in the first round two years back, has already proven heís more than just a big wide receiver (in fact, his catching has let him down a few times).

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Patriots have 10 draft picks, would 4 of them land Kelce or Ertz?

Just a shame it starts so late here, would love to watch the first rounds

vCash
    Iím off work so as long as I donít succumb to sleep Iíll be watching tonightís 1st round at least. 00:30 until 5am I might struggle with though as the snooker is then back on at 10 lol

Iíve read a few interesting rumours online regarding who could possibly trade up and itís not set in stone that Kyler Murray is going number 1 to the Cardinals, if they pass on him and put some faith in Rosen he could slip a bit. Rosen might also possibly be traded, Iíve heard both the Giants and the Redskins could be involved unless they both take the available projected 1st round QBís available (if Murray does go 1st).

Thatís the beauty of the uncertainty, you could have plans for the entire draft then you have to have several contingency plans when one pick to the next could set off a chain reaction.

vCash
    There's already rumours of the Raiders trading up to get Murray with Carr going to the Giants. That would be sensational stuff. The Giants surely need to put some faith in Eli and get him an O-Line and work on their defense first.

Can't wait to get up tomorrow

vCash
    There's already rumours of the Raiders trading up to get Murray with Carr going to the Giants. That would be sensational stuff. The Giants surely need to put some faith in Eli and get him an O-Line and work on their defense first.

I always wake up at daft times and check baseball/basketball scores so Iíll have to comprehend draft stuff at 03:00 this time

vCash

That wouldnít surprise me at all with Jon Gruden, I donít think he likes Carr much! I think Daniel Jones goes to the Giants at either 6 or 17 as apparently the Mannings have endorsed him. I swear Eli will still be the starting QB there for who knows how many more years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    That wouldnít surprise me at all with Jon Gruden, I donít think he likes Carr much! I think Daniel Jones goes to the Giants at either 6 or 17 as apparently the Mannings have endorsed him. I swear Eli will still be the starting QB there for who knows how many more years
    Well, you were right, Jones at 6! Everything Iíve read so far very underwhelming, so I guess youíre also right that Eli will continue. I guess he might get dropped when weíre 0-9 and Jones comes in to guide us to 2-14.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great call on Jones

DK Metcalf not picked up yet. Could be a lot of action for the Cardinals #1 round 2 pick.

Dunno why I didn't think Murray was a superstar, 1st round pick in NFL and NBL drafts amazing.

We got Bosa, great potential if he stays healthy. Might be awhile before anti Kaep tweets are forgotten/forgiven.

Giants and Steelers with nice picks, Raiders getting Jacobs at 24 looks a great pick up

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 17