Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: American Football

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    How many games will Rosen get before being benched? His tradeability gone way down with Skins getting Haskins. Dolphins not picking a QB seems mad but maybe it's a poor QB year. Or there's a guy lurking at pick 199 round 6

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    How many games will Rosen get before being benched? His tradeability gone way down with Skins getting Haskins. Dolphins not picking a QB seems mad but maybe it's a poor QB year. Or there's a guy lurking at pick 199 round 6
    Dolphins already traded away all their trade chips, I donít think theyíre too bothered about winning for a while. Theyíll just hope Fitzpatrick can somehow do something a few times.

vCash
    Well, no real great surprises from round 1, only the Raiders picking Clelin Ferrell at 4, Iíd not heard of him or looked at the other defensive ends with Bosa and Quinnen Williams going as expected in the top 3.

The Giants must have really liked Jones but surely he would have still been available at 17? Redskins were always going to get Haskins so I can only think another team threatened to pick Jones leaving a defensive player available they really wanted.

The 2 tight ends I referred to who both came out of Iowa, Hockenson to the Lions and interestingly the Broncos and Steelers traded #10 and #20 and Noah Fant fell to the Broncos. Irving Smith Jr. is still available along with Metcalf obviously and another couple of good receivers so Iím surprised with the Patriots pick at #32. Drew Lock is still there who may have gone to the Broncos but we shall see what transpires from round 2 onwards!

vCash
    First thing I read about NíKeal Harry was that heíd partially fill the Gronk gap - heís the big receiver who can battle downfield for them. Hell, Iím not about to start doubting the Patriotsí recruitment!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    First thing I read about NíKeal Harry was that heíd partially fill the Gronk gap - heís the big receiver who can battle downfield for them. Hell, Iím not about to start doubting the Patriotsí recruitment!
    Aha, they know what theyíre doing more than anybody obviously. Another beauty of the draft, players who get less attention turning out to be pro bowlers etc. Be interesting to see where Metcalf lands, physically he looks the real deal but only runs straight routes??

vCash
    The Patriots are that good at drafting / trading that with their 10 picks they could be set for another 5-6 years at the top on this draft alone. They are so crafty at knowing who others want and then drafting them with the intention of trading immediately or a season later. It's a juggernaut.

The similarities between Belicheck and Fergie are amazing - getting the absolute best out of a player and very rarely have a player improve or even reach the levels he did before leaving.

vCash
    I agree, I wonder if Belichek will stay longer than Brady? Bradyís body will stop him before Belichiks brain does likewise.

I thought I was watching a draft exclusively for tackles and cornerbacks to start last night! Some good team needs taken care of across the league. I like the look of Drew Lock, I think Joe Flacco is perfect to learn under for a year then let the kid take over. Broncos could have their next franchise QB for 10-15 years.

Happy with the RB we drafted to replace Jordan Howard, still annoyed we did any business at all with the Eagles after what they did to us in the playoffs.

vCash
    Rounds 2 and 3 far better than round 1

Drew Lock and Will Grier look like great year 2 prospects Gardner Minshew wil be a quality late pick up for whoever goes in for him. Metcalf finally went, thought he was going to Round 4 at one stage!

Cardinals have traded Rosen to the Dolphins, Kyle's Murray pro career ruined already imo. Oklahoma had hardly any competition this year whilst he has amazing arm talent he has no experience of pressure. Look at Rosen behind that O-line last year, Murray is gonna have to get used to getting hit. It's not like Baker coming in behind an O-line with massive potential. That said the play calls can't be worse than last year for Murray as they were for Rosen.

We've done well so far I think. Deepo Samuel looks more RB than WR, he's very much in the Hill style though. Really looking forward to seeing Jalen Hurd in action. Looks like we finally have another red zone target. The big negative is the injury proneness across the squad isn't improving. Hurd aside, all our last 20 picks and trades have injury issues (Jimmy G did pick it up with us mind).

At least rounds 4-7 are on at a sensible time here

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hakeem Butler still available . . . It would be a bit mental to take a 3rd WR but that's 3 red zone targets. We need some work in the secondary though

vCash
    Iíve caught up now as I must have been zzz on and off, completely forgot about Metcalf. Could be a bust or someone like Julio Jones, lots of catches in traffic but low on TDís.

Looks like your receiving corps then will be productive this season, letís just hope Jimmy G doesnít break down again it was a pleasure to watch him go 5 and 0 as a starter. Whenís he due back to full fitness?

The Cardinals is a strange one or maybe not, if youíre Rosen you must be peeved but add that to questions about his attitude anyway, wonder how much thatís played into getting Murray and being confident to ditch him? He could be a good fit for the Dolphins and they did well to hold firm on what 2nd round pick they thought Rosen was worth. Murray might be worn out from so much scrambling after a few weeks!

For the first time Iíll be watching all 3 nights of the draft, letís see if night 3 has as many trades as last night!
    Last edited by Kevin; 27-04-19 at 01:49 PM.

vCash
    I hope so, Garappolo done his knee from needing to run cos he had no targets. As far as I know he was kind of ready about a month after the season ended e.g. he'd have made a Super bowl just about. Not kept tabs since though.

A lot of analysts rate Rosen but I don't trust analysts at all. They are still from a 2 party nation so there's always an agenda behind their reasoning, honesty is hard to find. He'd be a good system QB if he can quicken up his throw selection, not sure the NFL gives much time to that anymore. There aren't many chances like Case Keenum got at the Vikings floating about. He'll basically need to on fire in his 1st 5 games or face life as an NFL journeyman QB. Steve Smith Sr gave him a fair bit of stick for unliking the Cardinals social media accounts after Murray signed but from what's happened since he knew about the Dolphins move

I'd take a Julio Jones all day long it's just have offence coaching that they can't get him scores in the end zone. If they have 50 plays for the end zone 48 of them start or end with "Matt to Julio". Teams have been able to triple up on him with no fear of anyone free being picked out. Which is definitely a coaching issue since Ridley is such a good player let alone a prospect.

vCash
    As a Giants fan for the past 45 years I can tell you we are not happy with the Jones pick especially with Josh Allen falling in our laps. Jones better ball out next year because after learning what the Dolphins gave up for Rosen just makes it worse

vCash
    If it makes you feel any better Jones looks very Bradyesque in how he plays and style. Not flashy at all but definitely going to be keep the ball and keep drives ticking over. I dont think he'll be used next season. Also think you could have got him in Round 2

We've drafted a punter in the 4th We needed one and he's meant to be the business but it's still a punter in the 4th round

vCash
    The Pats drafted a punter in the 5th so looks the right call if he's as good as he's meant to be.

Gardner Minshew gone to the Jags in the 6th

We've gotten another TE so I'm guessing one from Celek or Lucas will be used as trade material. I think there will be a decent clear out to plug the secondary gaps along with using the massive cap space available. As I mentioned earlier, on paper it's an excellent squad, its just so brittle that some players just need to be moved on. Jet McKinnon been pretty much injured since he joined for instance

vCash
    Got tickets to Bucs-Panthers at Spurs' new stadium today... not necessarily on purpose - my mate suggested it and apparently cos I didn't say no, that meant yes (he needs to watch out with that).
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    Lots of the scambling from the QBs in that game

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Members who have read this thread: 20