Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: American Football

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Eli benched for Daniel Jones. He's gonna get killed behind that O-Line

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Wow, surprised they pulled the trigger this early, itís not as if the first two performances were unimaginable before the season started. Not trading for a more experienced QB in the off-season must mean they really rate Jones...
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    NFL is going to go into freefall at this rate for not banning AB after his Raiders theatrics / Pats tap up:

Jalen Ramsey (Jags) requests to be traded
    Jamal Adams (Jets) request incoming

Almost every decent player at a weaker team will be at this soon. It'll destroy what's so good about it, the sliver of hope every team can improve via the draft and have a chance of winning.

vCash
    Iím sure theyíll wait a little bit too long and then throw down some over-the-top rule too late

Minkah Fitzpatrick left Dolphins today. The headline might look like continuing the tank, but seems like it was player-forced (though who can blame him?)

vCash
    It'll go like EPL. Other clubs without that cash sole purpose will be to develop the players for the ones with cash.

If I'm not mistaken, it's the everyone has a chance aspect is the reason for it's growth in popularity. Along with the RedZone of course.

vCash
    Daniel Jones looks alright

vCash
    He does. As does Kyle Allen and Gardner Minshew. Baker on the other hand is having a serious 2nd season slump.

The Giants were bloody lucky to win! A great game to watch though.

The 9ers tried their best to beat themselves, 3 ints and 2 fumble turnovers. The first team in 47 games with 4 or more turnovers to win the game.

vCash
    Everything turned on it's head again this week

Bucs destroy the Rams
    Browns destroy the Ravens
    Raiders destroy the Colts
    Saints defence brutalises the Cowboys
    Chiefs defence brutalises the Vikings
    Big win for 0-3 Steelers
    Surprise loss for 3-0 Packers
    And fuck the Bills for not beating the Patriots

vCash
    Yup, fortunately still alive in the NFL version of Last Man Standing, nearly went Rams or Colts but in the end was just a gobshite and picked Chargers cos they were playing Dolphins.

Didn't see that Browns performance coming, I had Ravens D for the week and got -6

My fantasy team coming together, though - Melvin Gordon back earlier than expected and I traded Daniel Jones to a QB-desperate team to get Hunter Henry (injured for a couple more weeks). I'm 1-3 but it'll be fine once Henry is back

Giants winning is fun, I could get used to it! Vikings and Patriots next two games, though, will be a bit tougher than Redskins. Win against the Bucs looking more impressive after they pumped the Rams!

vCash
    My wide receivers combined for a total of 0.7, OBJ with 2.0 (17 of those yards coming off the 2nd last player) and Mecole Hardman with -1.3 Dropped the Cowboys defence (12) for the Colts (3) and left Robert Woods on the bench for 16.4 - I lost my match by 12. Watson had his worst game of the season for good measure. Oh, and Zane Gonzalez missed his 1st and 2nd kicks of the year for another 8pts gone :

Oh well, I'm predicted to win by 11 this week

Good to see the Giants competitive. The first 2 weeks looked like a massive gap from the best and worst. It's all tightening up nicely.

vCash
    Well, you were right about the 49ers putting the Browns in their place! Haven't seen highlights yet but the box score makes pretty ugly viewing for Baker & co. Beckham seems to basically be a utility player for them but somehow still under-utilised (two receptions, two carries and a throw last night).

Looks like Garoppolo didn't have to do too much though, with almost 250 rushing yards from Breida, Coleman and Mostert.

vCash
    All short passes. Browns O-Line actually done well on the pass rush.

Mayfield refused to do the pre-match handshake. What a free way to fire up the home team. Richard Sherman's hand no less. He intercepted of his 1st few throws too

A sober Johnny Manziel

vCash
    Tried to trade OBJ & Robert Woods for INJURED players yesterday and still couldn't offload them

I'm in 5 fantasy leagues. The main one is the one above.

This is the one I am 5-0 in

QB - Wilson (Prescott)
    RB - Elliott (Murray)
    RB - Chubb
    WR - Watkins (Chark)
    WR - Lockett (Cooks)
    TE - Kittle (Waller)
    W/R - Gurley (McLaurin)
    DEF - Patriots

vCash
    I've been trying to get OBJ, offered Edelman last week before he put up 17 and offered Will Fuller this week after he put up 39.7 (I know the guy was right to reject both, but he keeps bitching about OBJ, so worth a try!)

Sheesh, five leagues?! I was in to a couple of years ago and had to leave one cos I was getting annoyed supporting too many players

Strong starters in that 5-0 team, but a couple of injuries might hurt! I'm 2-3 but very confident going forward, happy with my team now

QB Wilson
    RB Gurley
    RB Henry
    WR Edelman
    WR Boyd/Fuller
    TE Everett (until Hunter Henry is fit)
    RB/WR Melvin Gordon
    D Ravens this week, missed out on Cowboys but had Eagles (35 points!!!) last week

Going to Panthers @ Bucs this Sunday at Spurs' new stadium. I already had Panthers' kicker, Joey Slye, so have added Shaquil Barrett from Bucs as my defensive flex player, will keep me interested!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My main one is this (3 players with 40+ last week )

QB - Watson (Allen)
    RB - McCaffrey (Breida)
    RB - Jones
    WR - OBJ (Gallup)
    WR - Woods (Brown - Bills)
    TE - Dissly (Hockenson)
    W/R - Ekeler
    DEF - 49ers

Going to trade out Hockenson. Might get Hillman fro NYG but not sure he'd start. McCafferey has a tough game and was beat up the last day but will still be good for 20pts you'd imagine.

Going to try trade Ekeler, Woods and OBJ for Bell and Anderson in Week 7 - the Jets have a great run in

Tried to trade those 3 for Carson & Adams this week, might have aimed too high or at least a week too late.

vCash
    Guessing it's a PPR league with those kind of points! I had Breida (and Fuller) on my bench but won fairly easily in the end, so got away with it

Seems to be fewer reliable TEs than recent years, so you might get a good deal for Hockenson from somebody in need.

I've picked Hilliman up, but no intention of playing him, he should play but I can't see him doing well enough to start ahead of your other guys, especially if/when we fall behind early against Patriots. Basically just picked him up so that my opponent can't, he's struggling for RBs this week ha.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    No it's standard

Jones had 4 TD's, 107 yards rushing and 88 yards receiving
    Watson had 5 TD's, 426 yards passing and 47 yards rushing
    McCaffrey had 3 TD's, 176 yards rushing and 61 yards receiving

Nice tactic. My opponent picked up Tevin Coleman. I kind of needed him as a 4th RB. There's nothing available but I might get Peterson who will be dynamite against the Dolphins. Then drop him for someone else against Dolphins the following week

vCash
    Oh yeah, forgot about Aaron Jones, was thinking Ronald Jones for the Bucs

I've been running a 'Survivor' (Last Man Standing for NFL) and it's been a bit shit cos of the Dolphins!

vCash
    Everyone picking the same teams each week? If they don't beat the Skins they'll go 0-16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Everyone picking the same teams each week? If they don't beat the Skins they'll go 0-16
    Yeah mostly, except for those that didn't want to waste Patriots on them. A few went out last week with Chiefs so I'm down to the final three!

Dolphins are playing some pretty crap teams (still got two games against the Jets and one against Bengals) so would't be surprised if they win a game or two.

vCash
    Bengals for sure. I think the Jets really need Darnold back. He's Andy Dalton 2.0 but their backups are bloody awful.

vCash
    Got offered TY Hilton for OBJ, Hilton is on a bye week but OBJ wouldn't be started anyhow. Hmmm . . .

vCash
    I've been chasing OBJ simply because I have a hunch that he'll come good. If I were you I'd keep him stashed unless you think you need Hilton. TY certainly capable of the odd monster week.

vCash
    Hilton was a tier 1 WR with Andrew Luck, Tier 2 with Brissett. OBJ is all potential no substance at the minute. At the moment all my WR's are all tier 4-5 in terms of performance. (except Gallup but he's just back from IR)

Had the same issue last year. I did pick up OBJ in Round 2 Pick 9. Seemed a bargain. I'd be 5-0 with an 1 from Lockett, Boyd, Cooper, Allen, Evans. Or just keep Fitzgerald a bit longer. Bit dodge a bullet not taking Thelin over OBJ. He doesn't even have trade value even after last weeks performance.

Woods in the 4th round

Think I'll counter offer Woods for Hilton

vCash
    Trade Deadline Day was fucking awful, 1 trade

Members who have read this thread: 17