Thread: Stars from Other Sports in CM

Stars from Other Sports in CM

Tom Wandell and Nicklas Bergfors (both born 1987) is two of the youngest players on CM0102 (original database) playing for Nykvarn IF in Swedish Lower league.

In real life both of them have played NHL hockey and are now playing in the russian KHL.

Is there any other players on CM0102 that made it in another sport than football? or are celbrities outside the sportworld?
    Last edited by Craig Forrest; 19-02-15 at 09:04 PM. Reason: edited out the word "ice" because as a Canadian, it offends me :)

Recently retired boxer Curtis Woodhouse would have been in the game.

Nice one

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

Freddy Adu - Nightclub Promoter

OK ok. Not true according to the man himself but still funny.

Few gaa lads in the odb, although that's an amateur sport so I dunno if it counts. Jason Sherlock won an all Ireland with dublin in 1995. Gary Connaughton with Athlone in the odb won a leinster with westmeath in 2004. I'm sure there's more but can't think of them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    Few gaa lads in the odb, although that's an amateur sport so I dunno if it counts. Jason Sherlock won an all Ireland with dublin in 1995. Gary Connaughton with Athlone in the odb won a leinster with westmeath in 2004. I'm sure there's more but can't think of them at the moment.
    David Bentley? http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...maglen-rangers

Ya seen that, in fairness he was taking frees though . Aaron Kernan a gaa player is training with Sunderland for that documentary, might be worth a watch.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

I wonder will it be like when Graham Geraghty went on trial at Arsenal, he was a different level in terms of fitness to the pros. Nothing like 20 laps of a hurling pitch to get you fit. And that's only the warm up

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    Eric Bradley and PJ Banville played for Wexford and Waterford United.

Eoin Bradley is playing with Derry and Glenavon this year

Shane Supple is another one, played with ipswich for a while before quitting soccer to return home to play gaelic.

Didnít a championship side (I donít remember which) sign a one direction singer (or something like that) last season? Anyone knows if he was on any update or in fm?

That was Doncaster Rovers (my home team). Don't know if he was in an update (he is in FM15 though, however they are in League 1 in that game).

In the 1980 CM0102 update Ian Botham was a centre half for Scunthorpe

The Goalie played cricket for Scotland too!