Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Good Players - Original Game

vCash
    Bubb - what a great looking player fingers crossed he joins!

vCash
    I think this guy has been mentioned as someone who's regen is good, but for the first season Sergey Gerasimets is amazing. He'll sign for anyone - got him for Leigh RMI and Welshpool before - is a good coach as well and can play at any level. He did well for me behind the front two for Everton and at Division One level regularly gets me 30+ goals per season.

The only issue is that he'll always retire at the end of the season, but for a short-term solution he's outstanding.

vCash

Free players

Hi, guys.

I personally play CM 01-02 in its “original” form. By original, I mean squads/teams. Personally I just can’t play it with updated squads: there is something nostalgic about playing as Liverpool with God, aka Gerrard, as a 20 YO.

Anyhow.

When it comes to signing players, I usually have a very strict “cheap/free” players policy. Even when I managed Madrid for instance, I’d try to go for the bargains (usually from Sweden and the FSU).

I’ve put together a list of the best available free players at the beginning of the game. Later on, I may make a thread about the bargains, hoping that I am not aware of all of them, so you guys can chime in with a few extra ones.

* : I’ve personally signed this player and can attest to his (good) performances.

GK
    - Ljubo Kovacevic*, Serbia. His stats are amazing for a 23-YO nobody with less than a year’s pro experience (in Greence) under his belt.
    - Uwe Gospodarek*, Germany. Once signed him to my Osnabruck team (chose them because American Joe Enochs played there).
    - Bernard Lama, France
    - René Higuita, Colombia
    - Adam Matysek, Poland
    - Di Palma (forget 1st name), Italy

RB:
    Are there any decent out-of-contract RBs in the game when you start? Please advise.

CB:
    - Taribo West, Nigeria. I have never signed him because I either start with a pretty solid team OR the team that I start with has little to no money (or zero incentive) for him to join but am aware he’s a CM legend.
    - Frank Amankwah, Ghana
    - Marinko Galic, Slovenia
    - Nelson Akwari, USA
    - Paulao, Brazil
    - Des Walker, England. Never signed him but know from reading that he’s a solid performer, specially for smaller/lower-league clubs.
    - Arley Dinas, Colombia
    - Javier Margas, Chile

LB:
    - Agostinho*, Portugal. Solid player, great set-piece taker. Some of his stats are a bit deceiving but he’ll get the job done.
    - Jersson González*, Colombia
    - Robert Jarni*, Croatia

DM:
    - César Sampaio*, Brazil
    - Klas Inghesson*, Sweden
    - Billy McKinlay*, Scotland
    - Hugo González*, Argentina
    - Thomas Lebih (sp?), Cameroon

AM:
    - Jesper Blomqvist*, Sweden
    - Igor Shalimov*, Russia
    - Walter Picó*, Argentina
    - Walter Paz, Argentina
    - Kelwin Sebwe*, Liberia
    - Leslek Pisz* (sp?), Poland

Attacker:
    - Joao Paiva*, Portugal. Used him on that same Osnabruck team and he was unreal.
    - Ronald Zaimi, Albania
    - Kiko, Spain
    - Jairo Castillo, Colombia
    - Paulo Nunes*, Brazil
    - Adrián Guillermo*, Argentina
    - Enrique Estebaranz, Spain
    - Davor Suker*, Croatia
    - Tomislav Erceg*, Croatia
    - Kaba Diawara, France
    - Marco Negri, Italy
    - Víctor Bonilla, Colombia. Once I fought for the title with Tálleres in Argentina and this guy was my go-to attacker: scored nearly one goal per game.
    - Igor Kolyvanov, Russia.

If there are any FREE players that you want to add, please feel free. These are the ones I can remember and have come across for the most part.

Regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonznj For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Have any of you guys ever signed Antchouet? Lower-league bargain from Portugal. Also, what about Mourad Meghni and Cleiton from Bologna? Both always get amazing scouting reports.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonznj For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yeah I've signed Antchouet a fair bit. Kind of limited once you step up to top divisions in the better leagues but very good for Norway, Scotland, Denmark type leagues

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonznj View Post
    Hi, guys.

I personally play CM 01-02 in its “original” form. By original, I mean squads/teams. Personally I just can’t play it with updated squads: there is something nostalgic about playing as Liverpool with God, aka Gerrard, as a 20 YO.
    You have your names mixed up, I believe. God is Robbie Fowler.
    Also, you're missing Martins as a top class FC who's free at the start of the game. Hard to sign him to anywhere that doen's have Italian or English as language, though

vCash
    Andrew "Fimbo" Mukasa , dont know if he's in the ODB but he's in Luessenhoff's db . pure gem of a striker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonznj View Post
    Hi, guys.

Anyhow.

When it comes to signing players, I usually have a very strict “cheap/free” players policy. Even when I managed Madrid for instance, I’d try to go for the bargains (usually from Sweden and the FSU).

I’ve put together a list of the best available free players at the beginning of the game. Later on, I may make a thread about the bargains, hoping that I am not aware of all of them, so you guys can chime in with a few extra ones.

* : I’ve personally signed this player and can attest to his (good) performances.

GK
    - Ljubo Kovacevic*, Serbia. His stats are amazing for a 23-YO nobody with less than a year’s pro experience (in Greence) under his belt.
    - Uwe Gospodarek*, Germany. Once signed him to my Osnabruck team (chose them because American Joe Enochs played there).
    - Bernard Lama, France
    - René Higuita, Colombia
    - Adam Matysek, Poland
    - Di Palma (forget 1st name), Italy

RB:
    Are there any decent out-of-contract RBs in the game when you start? Please advise.

CB:
    - Taribo West, Nigeria. I have never signed him because I either start with a pretty solid team OR the team that I start with has little to no money (or zero incentive) for him to join but am aware he’s a CM legend.
    - Frank Amankwah, Ghana
    - Marinko Galic, Slovenia
    - Nelson Akwari, USA
    - Paulao, Brazil
    - Des Walker, England. Never signed him but know from reading that he’s a solid performer, specially for smaller/lower-league clubs.
    - Arley Dinas, Colombia
    - Javier Margas, Chile

LB:
    - Agostinho*, Portugal. Solid player, great set-piece taker. Some of his stats are a bit deceiving but he’ll get the job done.
    - Jersson González*, Colombia
    - Robert Jarni*, Croatia

DM:
    - César Sampaio*, Brazil
    - Klas Inghesson*, Sweden
    - Billy McKinlay*, Scotland
    - Hugo González*, Argentina
    - Thomas Lebih (sp?), Cameroon

AM:
    - Jesper Blomqvist*, Sweden
    - Igor Shalimov*, Russia
    - Walter Picó*, Argentina
    - Walter Paz, Argentina
    - Kelwin Sebwe*, Liberia
    - Leslek Pisz* (sp?), Poland

Attacker:
    - Joao Paiva*, Portugal. Used him on that same Osnabruck team and he was unreal.
    - Ronald Zaimi, Albania
    - Kiko, Spain
    - Jairo Castillo, Colombia
    - Paulo Nunes*, Brazil
    - Adrián Guillermo*, Argentina
    - Enrique Estebaranz, Spain
    - Davor Suker*, Croatia
    - Tomislav Erceg*, Croatia
    - Kaba Diawara, France
    - Marco Negri, Italy
    - Víctor Bonilla, Colombia. Once I fought for the title with Tálleres in Argentina and this guy was my go-to attacker: scored nearly one goal per game.
    - Igor Kolyvanov, Russia.

If there are any FREE players that you want to add, please feel free. These are the ones I can remember and have come across for the most part.

Regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guardiola?

and even if it is not good, playing with the database on maximum, there is one Cristiano Ronaldo always free... sometimes he ends up being nice for a lower league team.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to troza For This Useful Post:

vCash
    There was that 1 player I always bought called Bruno Ferras das Nevez from Gremio. He was the best playe I've had on the game. but only when you'd scout him after about 1,5 season. After 6 seasons the guy's matchrating has only been under an 8 3x, scoring around 50-60 goals and assisted around 20-30 average per season for me.... Gremio will ask a ridiculous price of something like 50 million while he's worth only about 5-7 million.

Also some other really good players:

Ruslan Nigmatullin
    Fausto Rossini
    Javier Portillo

vCash
    If he only showed up after 1.5 seasons it's likely he was Romario's regen

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910