Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendlies

There is some form of international scheduled friendly?

I love being technical in national teams, but not how to create an international friendly, can you? There are some programs that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Alecuervo22 View Post
    I love being technical in national teams, but not how to create an international friendly, can you? There are some programs that help?
    No. The game decides for you and you are stuck with what it gives. It always appears to be the same 3 teams over and over again, so under the covers I suspect there is some sort of group created. Definately one of the flaws that makes playing internationals a bit dull.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Quote Originally Posted by Alecuervo22 View Post
    Unless you're familiar with Ollydb program, I'm afraid you have to let this one go dude. annoying, I know.

I too hate this aspect of the game, as do most people on here. I'm currently Managing Spain, and if I had 1 for every time I've had to play Germany in a friendly since I took over the national team.... I'd have 11!!! Completely unrealistic, I have no idea why they didn't develop that better, even by 2001!

I dont mind international friendlies, but at least give me some variety!

In the offsets thread, if you keep trawling through the pages, they discuss what the offsets are for you being able to Cancel an International friendly, but NOT Arranging them, and again, you would have to learn how to use Ollydb (a program that allows you to edit the game through the exe. it is very different to a pre-game editor)

I don't recommend this, but just letting you know there is at least, some option for you to explore

Otherwise, accept that this particular part of the game SUCKS!!!

thanks for your reply

Friendlies

No no, don't worry I'm not after tips about making it. I've always been interested in friendlies and the cups in the CM games and if they make you any real money? For years I just cancelled all friendlies at the beginning of a game, then for years I thought that they might make money for little clubs so I'd set up as many friendly cups and one off matches in the time allotted between seasons (yes, it did sometimes wreck your players a bit LOL) and then for the last few years I've reverted to just binning them all. Is there a reason to have the friendlies? other than to check out any new signings or players that might be getting that 1 year closer to pension age?

As for the cups (FA, league, and 10p paint pot northwest pub edition) when you get a draw at say Manc or some other top team, does it net you a big slice or not really?

You do get a big cut of the attendances in cup matches if you're away at a team like Man Utd or similar sized stadiums.

Not too sure about friendlies. I used to cancel them but these days, I accept any invitations that come my way.

home friendlies you get to keep all the gate receipts.
    away friendlies you get f all.
    cup games revenues are shared.

If you are in need of the cash, you can often schedule a friendly during international breaks to make some cash

If you want to see how much, look at the finances/income before and after the game.

I'n going to go back to doing this, you could snag some big name team too iirc

You probably won't get a big team for a friendly, but there is no harm in asking

I've cancelled every friendly for about the last 12 years. Just a hindrance i find.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis MacLeod View Post
    I've cancelled every friendly for about the last 12 years. Just a hindrance i find.
    I agree. But it can make cash if you need it

I like to play between 2 and 4 preseason friendlies. I know they are worthless, but they add realism to me (you can call me a romantic if you want )

Romantic? I used to set up the cups just so I could name them!

So I would call you Moreromanticthancliff

I'm also TERRIBLE for abusing the nickname option. A player irks me in real life? BOOM! A player irks me in the game? BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    I like to play between 2 and 4 preseason friendlies. I know they are worthless, but they add realism to me (you can call me a romantic if you want )
    Same here - I play first team twice, then reserves/backups and last game the youngsters

And I always play away friendlies to smaller local teams as I like to think it helps them with cash

I always like to think friendlies are good for getting rid of the "in need of match practice" plague that some of your players get so I tend to play a full pre-season and just fast forward through the games without really trying - fitness is the aim of the game.

About the match practice and Tir warnings? What makes them appear? Sometimes you start a season full strength and ready to go yet other season (with the same build up) half your players are dead and have less match practice than a amputee badger

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Not too sure about friendlies. I used to cancel them but these days, I accept any invitations that come my way.
    do the same mostly. i find that one you've won the CL, you keep playing in the FIFA club cup thing and so pre-season friendlies are almost impossible.

International friendlies dissappeared.

Hi there!

I'm the coach of Polish national team.
    More or less ten years ago Polish football association stopped arranging international friendlies, and that's the question; have you ever experienced such an odd thing?

I wish every country would stop arranging them as they are pointless

If you play a home friendly against one of your clubs "rival teams" then you'll get a full house and thus full share of the cash - always a nice way to boost the coffers, especially in the lower leagues

I also only use friendlies to get the players fit and ready.

I find the games help get my players back to 100% fitness before the season starts, too. But might be imagining that!

I do obviously get big teams to turn up - might as well fill half the ground, eh?

Yeh, coincidentally, i have started playing 4/5 friendlies at home to low league teams, banging in 6/7 goals, getting some crown income and raising player form/morale

I've had this before - very annoying. Anyone else seen this or fixed it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast