Thread: Champman0102.co.uk Update Team

vCash

Champman0102.co.uk Update Team

Below is a list of all the current list of the Champman0102.co.uk Update Team and what nations each member covers.

Also included are the nations we have no-one to cover. Please read the next post it learn how to join or help out.

What we do:
    Ever since Mark started this forum nearly a decade ago and some members continued the work of the original one man update team, Helvete, the forum has updated the CM0102 database. The current update team continues this work trying to keep the data up to date as best we can with the manpower we have on hand to do so.

There are limitations of course (explained here and we always have to put workarounds in the database e.g. 2 teams are missing from Italy Serie A and France Ligue 1 every year as that how the game was back in 2001/02, and that's the game we still update, no matter what patches are available or what they change.

We have guidelines for everything from CA (Current Ability) to Club Reputations to Wages to keep the data consistent and to generate some similar results when compared with current leagues around the world at a given time. If everyone done their own thing there would be no sense of realism at all and while a lot in CM0102 doesn't have any realism, as an Update Team we like to see results that somewhat mimic happens around the global (results, best players, transfers etc.)

We don't use any tools other than cm0102ed.exe that comes with a basic installation of the game (patch v3.9.68 always) and cmdbsort.exe. Otherwise the risk of corrupt data increases too much and given that it's just a hobby for the members of the team, losing work is not fun after spending a couple of hours making changes.

Different member levels:

DIRECTOR -

- What does a director do?

He is charged with making the main decisions regarding substantial database changes. Also update the live database and giving new members guidance on how to edit the database.

COACH

- What does a Coach do?

He scouts and/or updates the info in the database (a Coach is basically both a Scout and a Coach).

- How?

He gets the basic version of the game (v3.9.68 with no other patch applied), downloads the latest updated database (if no one else is updating at that moment) from the coach who was updating before him.
    Then he makes his changes with the official editor of the game, saves and re-uploads the database for the next Coach who wants it (further and more accurate instructions will be supplied when joining the team).

SCOUT

- What does a scout do?

He looks for information on the internet about his area of expertise, mainly free players, using the best football sites (the choice of the site depends on the nation/s he's covering), and eventually a coach updates this info into the database.

- How?

He goes to the site (for example http://uk.soccerway.com/) and through the searching function he looks for the players he needs, then posts his findings in the related thread inside the update headquarter. Scouts can also use regularly updated Save Games and exports of the database in text form to aid their roles.

Current Roster

Directors

Dermotron - Ireland, Spain
    Baz - England, Wales
    ClayDatsuara - Portugal

Coaches (Updaters)

And1 - Sweden, Norway, Finland
    bruebous - Brazil
    CMCZ - Netherlands
    Cmken01 - Belgium
    Dagi7 - Norway
    DaveTheRave86 - Scotland
    Dumbmaster- Italy
    Hoboken16 - USA
    Javier - Argentina
    luisito - France
    mkskozienice - Poland
    Ratio - General
    Rxx- Portugal
    takaros7 - Greece
    tim17smith - Australia
    zozoa - Honorary

Scouts
    TBC

Playable Nations without a Coach (Updater)
    Denmark
    Northern Ireland
    Germany
    Japan
    South Korea
    Scotland
    Croatia
    Last edited by Dermotron; 01-06-17 at 05:20 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    For anyone wanting to the join the team there are 2 simple ways of joining:

1. Approach of the Update Team Board Members - found here under 'Director'. Just send a PM to any or all of the members listed as Director

2. Consistently provide data changes that need to be made in the database, either in the form of feedback on the previous database or new transfers and changes that needing to be included for the next database. The full Scouting forum is found here
    Last edited by Dermotron; 28-06-15 at 04:08 PM.

vCash
    So where do we find out information? Many football dedicated sites even though all have their pluses and negatives

Main Sites:

www.transfermarkt.com

www.soccerway.com

www.football-lineups.com

www.national-football-teams.com
    Last edited by Dermotron; 28-06-15 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Hello!... IŽm brazilian and I know a lot of people who plays your update, including me. And IŽd like to congratulate you for the job.

The reason IŽm contact you is that I want to offer my help to update brazilianŽs second division teams. We have a lot of fans of this clubs that would really enjoy to play with the actual players, inluding myself of course..haha

So, can I help?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiago For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'll send you a pm later with some details when I'm on a PC

vCash
    Hi, I'm an official african football researcher for Football Manager game from 2 years.
    I updated a lot of african countries and I would to become an official CM 01/02 scout for Africa..
    Let me know

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lukafanzer For This Useful Post: