Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boxing

vCash
    Dunno why, but I'm really fascinated by this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ORh_ab3HRw

vCash
    what a fucking Loon....Deontay Wilder spanked him though!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK22F4DGAL8

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Looking forward to the Kell Brook fight V GGG this weekend.

Does he stand any chance though?
    Moving up two weight divisions.
    Khan did that V Canelo and looked good for 6 rounds, using his speed and movement but then got caught and it was goodnight.

I think Brook is naturally heavier than Khan and so the step up won't be as big a change, but he is facing the Best pound for pound fighter.
    If he can make it to the end of the fight, he has done immense.
    Come on Brook. But I can't see it!

Thoughts?

vCash
    Heavier than GGG as well isn't he

Is a helluva ask though by the sounds of it - as it's a different division he keeps his other "belt" doesn't he if her were to lose?

vCash
    Yeah his Welterweight belt isn't on the line.

He looks good for the weight but like Kahn against Alvarez, I can only see it one way.

Should finally lead to Kahn v Brook though, probably at 154, as I think after this fight it'll be hard for Brook to get back to 147.

vCash
    If Brook can go up nearly a stone and beat Triple G, he's the best boxer in the world. I know the Ring like Roman Gonzalez and Sergey Kovalev, Boxrec favour Canelo, I think the AP favour GGG but how could Brook not be number 1 if he wins?

vCash
    Good point, hard to say he's not if he can go up two divisions and beat someone like GGG.

Even for his inactivity the last few years, I still reckon Ward is P4P best, but he needs the Kovalev fight soon.

vCash
    Isn't it coming in November? I can't think of anybody with a claim to clear out a division like Andre Ward had at super middleweight. I haven't seen his LHW fights. Is he genuine at the weight?

vCash
    GGG to win between rounds 7 and final bell 6/4.. And over 7.5 rounds is EVS.

Only one winner in my eyes. GGG should win this via knockout in one of the latter rounds which is why money is going on those bets above.

vCash
    Not a bad bet, I fancy it to end around then too.

Not seen much of Ward at LH, saw his fight against Paul Smith, but as expected that weren't much of a contest even with his inactivity. Can't see the weight being an issue for him though.

vCash
    BREAKING NEWS: Heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, who pulled out of an Oct. 29 rematch with Wladimir Klitschko last week due to what his promoter termed as Fury being "medically unfit," was notified that he failed a VADA-conducted test for cocaine in a random urine sample collected on Sept. 22, multiple sources with knowledge of the test results told ESPN.com. The results of VADA's testing for performance enhancing drugs are not yet complete, but the positive cocaine test likely will result in Fury being stripped of his world title belts.

vCash

vCash
    They both good as knocked each out in the 5th and 6th rounds, hardy badgers

vCash
    Very entertaining fight. Wlad will be kicking himself that he didn't kill off AJ in the 6th when he should have. I reckon we'll see a rematch as there's no way Fury will be ready in 4/5 months for a fight with AJ.

I would love to see AJ vs Wilder though. I think Wilder would have too much power for AJ, but it would be class to see someone with awesome power too taking it to Wilder.

vCash
    I was there A group of us have pretty much followed AJ's fights over the last few years and pledged to get tickets once the announcement was made after the Molina fight.

Had a cracker of a day out. There's always a worry that a fight will end early but not this one, two warriors in the ring that went toe to toe. Atmosphere was amazing and it was brilliant to tick off a live boxing fight like that off the bucket list.

Seems like it could be Fury next imo - Then Wlad may go for the rematch.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think Wilder will be probably a couple of fights time. Bum fight, Klitschko II/Parker, Fury then Wilder as a Super/Century fight. Then a rematch of that fight of course. Dillian Whyte probably more deserving of a fight than Fury. Under rated fighter

vCash
    What kind of shape is Fury in these days? Seemed like he went off the rails a bit for a while there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    What kind of shape is Fury in these days? Seemed like he went off the rails a bit for a while there.
    So ages off for me. He looks in better shape that a few months back but is probably still 3/4 stone over fighting weight.

vCash

vCash
    Didn't see the Pacquiao Vs. Horn fight but was the judging as bad a made out? The numbers from the fight don't look (Pacquiao miles ahead) good yet one judge had it 117-111

vCash
    Missed it too - Was tempted to stay up but not at 4am
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Going to watch it tonight, but the compubox numbers are a joke, it's just one guy judging what's a hit and what's not, apparently they had Manny throwing 20 more punches in the first round but that was nowhere near the case.

117-111 was a ridiculous score, but it was a close fight apparently and quite a few boxers had Horn winning it, the US commentary was very one sided in favour of Pacquiao, the UK one apparently more even.

vCash
    Didn't see it but sounded mad

I wathed the UK Fight night with Conor Been looking impressive and then a good tear up for the "headline" fight

Joshua Buatsi (AJ's his manager!) also looked pretty compact as well for first pro fight

vCash
    Anyone watching the Mayweather V McGregor fight this weekend?

Predictions?

I know it is a freak show.
    But I will be watching.

I cant decide if Mayweather will stop him early.
    Or be boring and do him on points.

I'll go for a 6th round Stoppage win for Mayweather.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to wato20 For This Useful Post:

AJ

vCash
    For what it's worth...

Mayweather to box rings around him - that's a given.

He hasn't stopped anyone for ages (Hatton?) so wouldn't be surprised to see it go to 12. More likely the referee intervenes circa round 8/9.

Will be listening to Mike Costello calling it. The man's a master.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 24