Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Boxing

vCash
    Yeah, the Whyte/Chisora fight was decent. 11th round KO for Whyte when it could go either way!

vCash
    Professional discliplined performance from AJ

vCash
    Shit fight for any non boxing enthusiasts. By which i mean, a defensive masterclass from Joshua, but we all want to see some heavy blows and drama. Glad i didn't fork out 25 for it! managed to watch it on a decent stream.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Yeah. You would be livid if you shelled out for that. Result aside.

Can't believe Ruiz didn't adapt his approach to ask more questions of AJ if I'm honest. But Joshua played it perfectly. Use extra reach to jab, jab jab and them just back off out of Ruiz's range.

Such an easy tactic. They've all done it to success in the past, Klitschko, Lennox, everyone. Will need to change his game back again for either Fury or Wilder who I'd imagine he will HAVE to face next, regardless of whether he wants to or not.

vCash
    agreed it was like 2 heavyweights playing thumb wars, seen better fights in the kebab shop, and the sheikhs were made up with it

PPV has ruined boxing, that was more like Poo Per View

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    To be fair, Joshua had to play it that way in this one. Ruiz is a proper brawler. Not a boxer per se but someone who wants to have a full on scrap. Doesn't mind having a few landed on him coz he knows he'll land some big ones too. AJ couldn't get involved in that.

vCash
    Very smart from AJ - did the right thing - if he lost that his career would be in a very different place

Don't think he can be bothered with a trilogy but f he does same again he's win easily

Can see Ruiz is talented when up close - fecking stay away from that

Bizarre to hear him say he didn't prepare properly though - must be weird when he's prob lived it up well after beating AJ before

vCash
    I actually enjoyed the fight. There was the tension of whether AJ would let his ego get the better of his plan (remember this is what he'd planned in fight #1). Then Ruiz would step in and clobber him.

Putting Ruiz down in round 1 of the first fight probably ruined AJ's game plan, but a lad getting up from that basically unhurt must fuck with your head a fair bit.

I'd really love to see him fight and beat Wilder in Vegas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Yeah. You would be livid if you shelled out for that. Result aside.

Can't believe Ruiz didn't adapt his approach to ask more questions of AJ if I'm honest. But Joshua played it perfectly. Use extra reach to jab, jab jab and them just back off out of Ruiz's range.

Such an easy tactic. They've all done it to success in the past, Klitschko, Lennox, everyone. Will need to change his game back again for either Fury or Wilder who I'd imagine he will HAVE to face next, regardless of whether he wants to or not.
    I don't think he'll be fighting either of those. It'll be Pulev or Usyk depending on which boxing organisation demand their belt to be fought for first.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Very smart from AJ - did the right thing - if he lost that his career would be in a very different place

Don't think he can be bothered with a trilogy but f he does same again he's win easily

Can see Ruiz is talented when up close - fecking stay away from that

Bizarre to hear him say he didn't prepare properly though - must be weird when he's prob lived it up well after beating AJ before
    Definitely let it go once he won the belt. Should have been training properly to defend the belt at all costs. Couldn't believe the flab he still had on him.

I can see there being a third fight to close this chapter down but not right away. If there is, Ruiz does need to step up his game and lay off the hot dogs.

vCash
    I think it'll be Pulev, fair play if he takes on Usyk next and maybe a good time facing Usyk with him being new to the division but he's a very good boxer and after coming back with the win over Ruiz I think he won't face him next.

It'll be Fury v Wilder 2 at the end of February, so I expect AJ to have another fight before (hopefully) fighting the winner of that come the summer.

vCash
    Whyte needs to be given a good fight - I like him and never gets a fair crack at anyone

Even he said he was in awful shape for latest fight and still came throught it

Bet AJ so wasssssssssssss tempted to go toe to toe with Ruiz in last 10 seconds when he was goading him on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I think it'll be Pulev, fair play if he takes on Usyk next and maybe a good time facing Usyk with him being new to the division but he's a very good boxer and after coming back with the win over Ruiz I think he won't face him next.

It'll be Fury v Wilder 2 at the end of February, so I expect AJ to have another fight before (hopefully) fighting the winner of that come the summer.
    With all the slimming down AJ did for the Ruiz fight, I'd hate to see him go up against Fury atm... He seems to be lacking the sheer power to take him down.

He'll probably go up against Ruiz a final time in spring/ early summer.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Members who have read this thread: 1