Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Cheeky kent!
    I meant that yourself and bob played those teams...

vCash
    Well April was certainly busy for us with a total of five games in the space of four weeks.

Our first game was against a CPU-managed Arsenal and we were on course to three points until we conceded in the 87th minute to Arsenal's second shot of the game. Six days later and it was time for the Manchester Derby. Schurrle opened the scoring in the 25th minute but the it was back level after we gave away a penalty. David Silva then put United ahead in the second half but their lead only lasted a minute before Schurrle leveled the score. A fairly even game really and probably a fair result. CPU-managed Crystal Palace were our next opponents and another brace from Schurrle saw us walk away with three points. This win was followed up by the 5-0 demolition of CPU-managed Sunderland; Schurrle scored two more to take his tally to six goals in three games with Volland (twice) and Rode also registering goals. Our final game of the month was against Norwich and a man of the match performance from Schurrle (who scored one of the goals) saw us through to a 2-0 win.

All in all an excellent month really; I do wish we had won that game against Arsenal though as it would have given us some breathing room going in to the last two games. We sit in 5th place ahead of Hull but could slip down to 6th if Hull win both of their games in hand. On the other hand we could go as high as 2nd if results go our way (which I can't see happening) but a top six finish is guaranteed and I am more than happy with that!

vCash
    Top-Sechs ist gut!

vCash
    So...in April for the Toffees, apologies if its a big long winded...

Spoiler!

vCash
    All to Play For?

The season may well be winding down for most of our Dream Team League managers but they all still have something to play for in some way. Before the usual format of revealing the result, we'll take a quick look at where each manager could end up by the end of the month.

The title is now out of reach for ajvonkrondor but with Fodster tied on the same amount of points as Tottenham in 2nd place, ajvonkrondor will be looking to secure a Champions League spot with Redknapp69 and Jesus both being four points behind as well. Even trunky in 6th can also catch up to Spurs if they were to win their final four games.

Premiership
    H - Norwich - 3:1
    A - Aston Villa - 2:0

It was a job well done for ajvonkrondor who confirmed his status as runners up with two wins in the last two games. Norwich were brushed aside with ease before ajvonkrondor will take satisfaction in being able to beat Erkifino at Villa Park. It is true that Aston Villa were reduced to 10 men just after half-time but Spurs were already leading by then through the departing Zlatan Ibrahimovic and it was he who scored a 39th goal of the season to confirm the win.

BobMem has the chance to add to his first piece of silverware for West Ham as he takes on Hull in the FA Cup Final, just three days after the pair will meet in the Premiership. Mathematically, West Ham can still reach 4th place but it is not likely to happen. The best that BobMem can possibly aim for to improve on his current 8th place is 6th.

Premiership
    H - Leicester - 4:0
    A - Hull - 0:0
    A - Crystal Palace - 0:1

FA Cup
    N - Hull - 3:0

After Leicester were easily beaten at home, it was clear to see that neither manager was giving anything away in the league match up before the FA Cup Final. On the grand stage though, it was all West Ham as BobMem emerged as the FA Cup winner thanks to Stefan Kiessling reaching 30 goals for the season with a brace which was added to by Wissam Ben Yedder. Sadly, a red card for Allan McGregor allowed Crystal Palace to win at Selhurst Park which actually saw West Ham drop into 9th place. But after securing a domestic cup double, I doubt the Hammers supporters will care!

It's certainly been a disappointing season for Dermotron with Southampton currently 12th. Even with two games left, it isn't likely that the Saints will be able to progress any higher given that they lie 6 points behind both Janis89 and Liam who have games in hand.

Premiership
    A - Liverpool - 1:0
    H - Man City - 4:2

Simple and effective victories over vinjwoods and Jesus was just what Dermotron needed to end a below par season on a high note. Enzo Perez, Juan Mata and Seydou Doumbia all showed their worth in a big win over Man City to give supporters hope next year. Despite the wins, Southampton stayed exactly where they were in the league to finish off in 12th place.

ebfatz has defied all expectations so far this season to be in the top half of the league. Norwich have a game in hand on some of their rivals and could potentially end up clinching a Champions League spot but they'd need all results to go their way. Their best bet is to try and consolidate 7th place and hope to sneak into the UEFA Cup for next season.

Premiership
    A - Tottenham - 1:3
    A - Aston Villa - 4:1
    H - Swansea - 1:3

Despite being in competition for a UEFA Cup spot, ebfatz chose to put his feet up somewhat this month. That's seen his Norwich side lose to both ajvonkrondor and Redknapp69 in games which a defeat could be seen as harsh. Sandwiched between that was a fantastic win against the champions away from home where the Canaries were as clinical as they'd ever been. It is results that matter though and those two defeats contributed to a drop from 7th place into 10th. At least it is still the highest that Norwich have ever finished!

The Premiership title is a foregone conclusion now for Erkifino who has now set his sights on the Champions League. He will have to navigate Redknapp69 at home first to set up a potential Final clash against either Real Madrid or FC Bayern.

Premiership
    A - Man City - 0:2
    H - Derby - 5:0
    H - Norwich - 1:4
    H - Crystal Palace - 2:0
    H - Tottenham - 0:2

Champions League
    H - Swansea - 1:0
    N - FC Bayern - 1:1 (3:2 on penalties)

After the title was already secured, it was clear to see that the big guns were being saved for Europe as Aston Villa lost against Jesus, ebfatz and ajvonkrondor with key players missing in all those games. Still, Erkifino had done the job and finished some 10 points ahead of ajvonkrondor in second place. It was Europe where the focus took place and Redknapp69 was beaten by a single goal as Arjen Robben proved to be the difference with a first half strike. On to Copenhagen where FC Bayern awaited, Erkifino took an lead through Wayne Rooney but Eden Hazard found an equaliser in the second half that forced the game into extra-time. There, with 2 minutes left on the clock, Philipp Lahm was sent off before penalties arrived. Juanfran missed their first spot kick but after Robben and Andres Iniesta converted, Thiago Heleno was guilty of a miss which allowed the Germans back into it. Fortunately for Erkifino, Joaquin and Javi Martinez missed their own kicks with Yaya Toure's penalty winning Aston Villa the Champions League and a trble for Erkifino after also winning the Charity Shield at the start of the season!

Fodster's superb season continues with Everton being 3rd. He now has two games left to stay level with ajvonkrondor and earn a Champions League spot for next year but will be hoping that teams below him lose their games in hand to do so.

Premiership
    A - Hull - 2:1
    H - Newcastle - 1:0

After trunky had led early on, Fodster was given a helping hands shortly afterwards with a red card to a Hull player to allow Everton to record a vital win and followed it up with victory over Mark to confirm 3rd place. Nobody had quite expected Everton to do so well this year and they'll now have Champions League action to look forwards to!

It seems like a long time ago since Janis89 dominated the Dream Team League. Man Utd fans have certainly not come to expect to see their team 10th in the table although they could yet finish 6th at the most. They do still have a chance of silverware though and will be hoping to sign off with victory against Leverkusen in the UEFA Cup Final.

Premiership
    A - Middlesbrough - 2:0
    H - Chelsea - 3:1
    H - Hull - 1:0

UEFA Cup
    N - Leverkusen - 2:2 (3:4 on penalties)

Three massive wins in the league gave Janis89 maximum points in the Premiership which actually saw Man Utd go from 10th to finish off 6th after all. That gave Man Utd a lot of confidence for the UEFA Cup Final in Warsawza but a red card to Oscar Wendt left them with a huge task on their hands. In fact, there were quite a few big name players missing in the squad and that made it even the more surprising when Jese gave Janis89 a lead before Leverkusen equalised. Still, they didn't give up and Stefan Radu restored the lead only for Leverkusen to equalise again with just five minutes left on the clock. The game went all the way to penalties and again, Janis89 had a lot to do after Younes Belhanda missed the first penalty. Bastian Schweinsteiger did miss too which gave them hope as Jese, Radu and Angelo Ogbonna converted next. But Luan, starting up front, stepped up for the last spot kick and missed which handed the trophy to the Germans.

Although they don't possess any games in hand, it's still entirely possible for one-time Dream Team League champions Man City to secure a Champions League spot. Much will depend on the form of others around Jesus to do so though.

Premiership
    H - Aston Villa - 2:0
    A - Southampton - 2:4

A fine win at home against the champions gave Jesus hope of snatching a Champions League spot after all. But Dermotron stormed into a 3:0 lead and after pulling it back to 3:2, Man City lost 4:2 in the end to finish 5th in the league. As it happens, if they'd beaten Southampton, they wouldn't have reached 4th place anyway.

Liam has enjoyed an impressive return to the job at Chelsea but that has not stopped rumours that he is on his way out of Stamford Bridge at the end of the month. Liam has plenty of games in hand on others around him so there's an opportunity to sign off in style as Chelsea could still go up as far as 4th if all goes their way.

Premiership
    H - Crystal Palace - 2:1
    A - Man Utd - 1:3
    H - Hull - 3:1
    A - Sunderland - 1:1

It's a mixed bag to end the month for Liam as he picks up 7 points from a possible 12 which could well have been 9 if he hadn't been held to a draw by 10 men Sunderland. Still, finishing 8th isn't a bad season at all for Liam who now appears to be on his way out despite the decent season.

It's been a quiet and unspectacular season for Mark at Newcastle who are 9th in the league. Two more wins could see them go up to 6th but it is highly unlikely. Whether or not Newcastle could qualify for Europe next year remains to be seen.

Premiership
    A - Derby - 2:0
    A - Everton - 0:1

The enigma of Newcastle continues after beating Derby but a failure to beat Everton sees them finish outside the 10 ten after signing off in 11th place.

There's just one game left of the season in the Championship for pyromyst which is a must-win. Doing so will secure automatic promotion for Fulham to the Premiership. Failure to do so, coupled with at least a point for Stoke, will see Fulham play in the play-offs instead where they'd face either Cardiff, West Brom, Nottm Forest, Millwall or QPR.

Championship
    H - Bolton - 1:0

It was a nervy finish for pyromyst as a Jelle Vossen goal bang on the hour mark earned Fulham a 1:0 win over Bolton which therefore saw Fulham instantly promoted back to the Premiership! As well as Craig Forrest's old team going up with pyromyst, we'll also see Zakkery's old West Brom squad back in the Premiershpi as well after they won the playof

As ever, Swansea are looking to end the season on a high and have a chance of silverware but have to overcome the newly crowned title winners away from home in the Semi Final of the Champions League, which could set up a meeting with either Real Madrid or FC Bayern. Possessing a game in hand on both ajvonkrondor and Fodster, Redknapp69 still has the chance to catch up to either 2nd or 3rd while also trying to pull away from Jesus on goal difference.

Premiership
    H - Sunderland - 3:1
    A - Arsenal - 3:0
    A - Norwich - 3:1

Champions League
    A - Aston Villa - 0:1

It was a difficult end to the season for Redknapp69 as Erkifino narrowly defeated Swansea in the Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg at Villa Park where Lucas was sent off with 3 minutes remaining. Swansea could only turn their focus now on achieving a Champions League spot and they did just that with wins over Sunderland, Arsenal and ebfatz's Norwich but they actually stay in 4th place.

There's a lot of games to play for trunky in the league yet as they could still be named as runners up in the league. The Tigers will have their eye on glory in the FA Cup though as they are due to meet BobMem's West Ham in the Final.

Premiership
    H - Everton - 1:2
    H - West Ham - 0:0
    A - Chelsea - 1:3
    A - Man Utd - 0:1

FA Cup
    N - West Ham - 0:3

Having coped admirably with injuries for the majority of the season, it looks as though the recent spate of players needing treatment has had a knock-on effect on performances on the pitch as Hull completed the season having gone 7 games without a victory. Sadly, that includes a defeat at the hands of BobMem in the FA Cup Final where Hull didn't turn up on the day to leave trunky unable to add to the League Cup that was won a couple of years ago. It sees trunky drop to 7th place so there is hope of European Football next season.

It's been a tough season indeed for vinjwoods who has been the lowest ranked Dream Team League manager for practically all season. It would be a mini-victory of sorts of Liverpool could win their final two games to overtake Arsenal into 14th place which is the highest that Liverpool have been all year.

Premiership
    H - Southampton - 0:1
    A - Derby - 1:2

Perhaps Liverpool were always destined to finish in 15th place as they failed to beat even Derby in the last two games of the season. It's actually seen vinjwoods get the chop by his chairman after the season came to an end but as ever, the Dream Team League committee will intervene to re-instate vinjwoods to the role.

vCash
    Congratulations on the CL Erk. Impressive run you got

Well done in the cup Bob

Massively disappointing in the Uefa cup final by us. Was certain I`d batter Leverkusen. Fielding the reserves probably didn`t help....

But very happy to get a good run in the league and secure a spot in the Uefa cup next season. Got another shot at taking the trophy.

Can`t wait to see the save\stats. Already started to reshape my squad for the season to come.

Great work Mark!

vCash
    YYEEEAAAAHHHH!!

Cup double, have some of that!

Congratulations to Erk, who's managed to win more trophies than me this season

Unlucky Janis, to lose on penalties is gutting.

Thanks for another great season Mark

Right then, haggles anyone...

vCash
    Decent end to the season. Hindsight makes me think I should have stuck out the original plan after a slow start and kept plugging away. Hoping to get a set team bedded in early next season, no fannying about.

Unluckly Janis and well done Erk. Dominant season!

And of course, cheers for running this Mark

vCash
    GGEEETTTTTT IIINNNNNN!!!!!!
    Generally, I see the CL as a pain to compete in. Extra fixtures. Tired legs. Added chances of injuries. But considering I won it WWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHEEEEYYYYY!!!!
    Unlucky Redders, season end seems to take it's toll on the Swans...
    Congrats Bob, never doubted you could do it! Unlucky trunky, I was sure ye could do it.
    AJ and Redders set for CL next season. Fodster, kudos. Never doubted ye for a minute!!
    As for Europa? Who made it? Trunky and? Well done anyway.

Unlucky Janis. Sickening defeat... been there... I think...

Welcome back pyro! WBA joining us too

Really hope you get to strengthen your squad Vin.

Haggles?

vCash
    Haggles!!!!!!

vCash
    Fucking hell...all that work for nothing!

Oh well...well played Bob, 7th is a result for me, onwards and upwards. Cheers Mark for the effort again, this is great fun despite the lose!

Just checked the save...a man sent off in each of the league games and the 'b' team picked for the cup final!! Got to love the ass man.

Ayala, Inoha, Jean, Mendes and Van der Vaart all picked ahead of established stars who were fit? The man is clearly mad!!
    Last edited by trunky; 29-07-15 at 05:11 PM.

vCash
    Considering the assman's penchant for picking weaker teams in the domestic cups does this mean I've got the deepest squad?!
    My first XI might be shite but I've the best second string in the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    Considering the assman's penchant for picking weaker teams in the domestic cups does this mean I've got the deepest squad?!
    My first XI might be shite but I've the best second string in the league
    I think he picked your main squad mate judging from the match...even the subs on my side were reserves!

vCash
    What an end to another fantastic season. First of all, massive thanks to Mark for providing a fun, engaging and smooth experience for us all to enjoy. What I'm enjoying the most is the commitment and banter between us all, we have a really good core of players.

So two games to finish the season and a 2-0 win over Erk's Villa was sweet with Schurrle getting a goal as well as Sidney Sam. Moving Schurrle up front was such a good move for me this season, he was desperately wasted in midfield. It's a shame we couldn't follow it up against The Saints but it didn't matter anyway with us already having secured 5th and not being able to get to 4th.

Massive congratulations to both Erk and Bob! Commiserations to Janis who should have taken that UEFA cup really! Next year GerMan City have a shot at winning it and I'm hoping we have better cup runs because, fuck me, this year we have been abysmal.

Shout out to Dennis Aogo who averaged a whopping 8.11 over 37 games whilst providing 19 assists and I would also like to thank Erk for being ever so kind at the start of the season and allowing me to have him in my squad. André Schurrle finished as top scorer with 18 goals and Volland came second with 15 goals.

All in all a fantastic season for us really. Our first season with our new philosophy and squad and it paid off massively. At times we looked like the same force that won us the title a couple seasons ago. Really excited for next season anyway! Let the haggles commence!

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Well Done all those who won stuff or got promoted back to the big time.
    Be interesting to see how close I was in the games I lost and where I would have got to if I had turned those into wins.

Still, top half is nosebleed territory for The Canaries so it's all good.

vCash
    Well done to all for another great DTL Season!

Massive kudos to Mark for running

Top 4 pulled away from 5th in the end and looking at it - places 2-4 just drew too many which was the difference for Erk (although to be fair Erk's foot was off pedal in last month)

Very please to guarantee CL footie for South Wales's first premier league club

Had a good run in league at end of season as well to confirm that and give us confidence for next year

The semi final with Erk in CL was tighter than a ducks arse - just 1 goal winning it over 2 legs

Suarez and Alexis Sanchez both with 5's in 2nd leg and Lucas with a 4 and a red card

Great to see Pyro back in the big time!

Great treble Erk and helluva CL Final!

Unlucky Janis on the final

Now to the bit everyone loves......................auctions and HAGGGLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

vCash

I was just checking Villa's crest info

Bright star
    The vital addition of a white star may be a small change but its significance is huge – that star glows brightly in recognition of the finest hour in the club’s 133-year history.
    No matter how young, the most essential part of any Villa supporter’s education is to be aware the club won the European Cup by beating Bayern Munich in Rotterdam on 26th May, 1982.
    Bayern Munich eh?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011