Thread: Guide: How to prepare a "Tapanified" database

Guide: How to prepare a "Tapanified" database

This guide is intended for anyone who wishes to make their database compatible with v3.xx of my patches.

You need:
    - The latest tapanified database that best matches yours. This is needed since it is bundled with the cmdbtapanify program that is used to convert a non-tapanified database to a tapanified one. If your update team has a tapanified database released, those league files can reduce the effort you have to go through.
    - The history project (optional), with the latest player and competition histories.
    - A text editor, notepad will do

Procedure:
    1. Adjust previous league positions for the following leagues:
    - Italy Serie A, B, C1
    - German Bundesliga (only top 6 needs to be correct).
    These are needed by various cups, who seed teams by their last position. Make sure that only one team has each position, and all positions are given to some team.

Ideally the update team has made this for you. In reality, they haven't

2. Apply the history project. After this you cannot use the official editor on the database, since it will remove all histories after 2001.

Save a copy of this database (all .dat files + euro.cfg + player_setup.cfg + weather.cfg ), in case you need to revert to this step.

3. Apply cmdbtapanify. This is a bit more complicated process. Do it like this:
    3a. Edit (with notepad or whatever) tapanify.cfg, and set the year to the recommended start year.
    3b. Run the tapanifier. It will complain about a lot of leagues not having the right number of teams.
    3c. Edit the corresponding league files, so if Serie A lacks a team - you add two lines to Italy.league .
    The first line is the name of the club (full name preferred, but short name will do if it is unique). The second line is the name of the league where the club should be. In this example the name of the league is Serie A.
    3d. Go through all leagues and adjust the league files. In practice the following procedure is recommended:
    - Select a league, say serie A
    - Use the official editor and filter clubs by belonging to Serie A
    - Compare the list in the editor with the one in real world
    - Edit all changes to the league file (cut and paste the club names from the editor to the file -- that guarantees correct spelling).
    3e. Once it no longer complains about leagues, fix any other problems it notifies about, like mispelled teams in euro.cfg

4. Once cmdbtapanify succeeds, save the database and start a game (using patched exe). Select all leagues. The game should be created without incidents.

5. Preferrably, holiday at least a season to see everything proceeds ok. This is best done as an overnight task, since it might take some time. Check that the competitions are running (and have not stopped).

6. Common problems:
    - game hangs while creating. This can be a problem with euro.cfg, for instance Yugoslavia/Serbia renaming not performed in euro.cfg.
    - error dialogs, like "fin_first.cpp" etc. Those give a clue about a league not in order (the tapanifier does not necessarily check all leagues!)
    - in case of league errors you can use the official editor to see what the problems are, and adjust the league files thereafter. Use the backupped copy of the database, and re-tapanify it.

Don't forget to bundle your database with the cmdbtapanify tool and your league files, so the next version of your database will be easier to prepare!

Good luck!

//Tapani

Is there any chance this could be released already done? with the March update on?

It is being worked on by Patinoz. It takes a while to prepare it and test it for errors. This is why some teams have dropped the idea of Tapanified DB altogether .

Plus not to disappoint you, but harder AI tactics won't make the game harder for you if you know WHEN and WHY Tapani prepared them (for the clueless ones: the harder AI tactics were made in the era when centralized tactics were performing a bit OTT. The aim of Harder AI tactics was to stop the explot of centralized tactics. If you used decentralized tactics from the start harder AI tactics used in later versions of the patch didn't make the game harder as such, but produced more draws in the process [you hardly lose games as Dekke showed in his story]).

Just wanted to point that out, so people don't have strange ideas.

unitedvcity2 Unattached
    hi there have followed all instructions and having the error por_cup..ccp74 how do i fix this? its not a history problem either.

coen Unattached
    Is there any way, this could be... easier..? I really don't understand what I'm supposed to do, to Tapanify CM 01-02 and I really would like to install the tapani patch 3.12 including Zazoa Addon. It would make my day If you can find an easy way to tell me how to do it or where I can find some kind of download where the tapanified database is already in or anything...

It really is as tricky as this, if this is all the master Tapani can come up with I'd say that there is no easier way! However, in sure pat will correct me if I am wrong but I think he was working on one to release with the next update release!

I tried this way myself as has many others and there is an awful lot of work

Have u tried the 2.19 patch?

i tried tapanifying november sim and barring an error in portugal, everything was fine and the game was running perfectly. so if i am able to do it, everybody is

not working on tapanifying the new update yet but gonna start eventually in the next 2 months.

coen Unattached
    Yes, I'm now playing with the March Update and the 2.19 patch, but I really wanted the 3.12 patch, because the Zozoa Addon is included in that one, so the leagues are adjusted and Villarreal has a real 'B team'.. But on the other hand, I've read 3.12 does not work in combination with the March Update

Quote Originally Posted by coen View Post
    Yes, I'm now playing with the March Update and the 2.19 patch, but I really wanted the 3.12 patch, because the Zozoa Addon is included in that one, so the leagues are adjusted and Villarreal has a real 'B team'.. But on the other hand, I've read 3.12 does not work in combination with the March Update
    I've tapanified the march odb it works fine except you have to start in 2010

coen Unattached
    You might be able, but I'm not.. I'm already glad I know how the editor works haha. Within 3 months there is a tapani patch 3... including an update?

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

The 3.12 is really a patched database, unlike the 2.19 (or other 2.xx patches) which can be applied to any database that has the Official 3.9.68 patch applied.

So yes, the March Data wont work by just applying the 3.12 patch (.exe, whatever), a 3.12 database needs to be created using the above steps and the March Data (or any other DB)

Hi,
    I converted the latest update (September 2012) to tapani 3.12.
    I turned on the year 2012 and the first season pops up an error: v3.9.68TZ wc_oceania_league .. cpp 1055.
    Can someone help me with this?
    I would love to play the latest update, version 3.12 Tapani.
    I would like to update to the latest version 3.12 tapani insert for downloading.
    Thank you in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by marcinho1990 View Post
    Hi,
    I converted the latest update (September 2012) to tapani 3.12.
    I turned on the year 2012 and the first season pops up an error: v3.9.68TZ wc_oceania_league .. cpp 1055.
    Can someone help me with this?
    I would love to play the latest update, version 3.12 Tapani.
    I would like to update to the latest version 3.12 tapani insert for downloading.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Sorry Marcinho you can't start the game in the 2012.. you can do it only in the 2010...
    how do you tapanified september update?

Has anyone actually managed to convert the September 2012 update to tapani 3.12? Ive been trying for hours now and have got no where!

316'sRegen Unattached
    2 of the guys have posted here reporting successful tapanification.

Are you going to share your data to be verified and added to the downloads section?

I miss the 3.12 patch

The Tapanified version is out.

Enjoy.

316'sRegen Unattached
    FUCKING. LEGEND.

member of the year in December I know who to nominate

Cracked the 2012 problem as well ( i thought the mayans had put that one in there )
    So does this mean future updates will be cool to play in their corresponding year from now on or does a patch have to be coded each release?
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 27-10-12 at 07:39 AM.

I'm trying tapanifying the March Update, but I have a problem:

Currently the Italian Serie C1/A & B has 17 and 16 teams respectively, but tapanified is 18.
    It's possible I change this?

You would have to find a way to change the cm0102.exe file to only have 17 and 16 teams in the divisions. It's probably easier to add additional teams to the current divisions, even if it's not 100% accurate.