Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Regens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OttoBisk View Post
    Hi there.

Does anyone know how regens name are generated? Im playing a belgian league game and regens are mostly flemish speaking names. Years after years, managing a french speaking belgian team, the squad looks very unrealistic regarding player names. Is it possible to control this? (the way thed regens are named)

Thanks in advance
    I would like lots of fresh potential regen names added if possible, the more variable combinations the better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OttoBisk View Post
    Hi there.

Does anyone know how regens name are generated? Im playing a belgian league game and regens are mostly flemish speaking names. Years after years, managing a french speaking belgian team, the squad looks very unrealistic regarding player names. Is it possible to control this? (the way thed regens are named)

Thanks in advance
    If you look in the editor you can see that each first and last name has a country and a count for that country, which I assume is the number of instances of that name in the starting DB.

I have always assumed that the regens are named randomly based on names which exist in the DB for their nation, with a weighting towards the more favourable ones. The names are also including staff, which I guess is why quite a lot of players regen with names which sound old fashioned.

You can always nickname your players to give thm names which sound more like what you want.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    If you look in the editor you can see that each first and last name has a country and a count for that country, which I assume is the number of instances of that name in the starting DB.

I have always assumed that the regens are named randomly based on names which exist in the DB for their nation, with a weighting towards the more favourable ones. The names are also including staff, which I guess is why quite a lot of players regen with names which sound old fashioned.

You can always nickname your players to give thm names which sound more like what you want.
    You are right, I guess I should just give/change newgens nicknames ingame if they sound old fashioned

vCash
    Hi guys!

I want some help. I don't know if it's possible, but let it go:

The best player of my team retired suddenly. He is retiring just at 32 years old... Could have any way to stop? Or make he not retiring in some editor? I don't want regen but that he still until the end, not at 32... thanks!

vCash

Pace,Acceleration,Jumping,Workrate and Determination.

Does anyone know why Pace,Acceleration,Jumping,Workrate and Determination almost always are verry low on almost every regen player?
    Does anyone know how i can maybe make players faster through training or maybe play them in different positions?

vCash
    Are you using a patch of some sort? I seem to remember the patch wizards have tweaked this code, not sure if they improved it or caused it!

Physical attributes can be trained through 'fitness' training. Be aware of pushing them too hard; their condition will drop.

vCash
    I believe the lack of pace, workrate, determination in regens was an inherent flaw in the original, but was fixed by Tapani in his patch.

But looking at earlier posts about creating lots of older random players with -1/-2 PA seems like a good idea especially if the latest data updates could do with a bump in number of players for certain nationalities.

vCash

Regens doubt

Hello guys. I know that regens are previous players who had retired and are regenerated automatically. My question is, there are generated players that aren't regenerated? I mean, new players that aren't based on a former player? I had this question on my mind as if the regens are only made from previous players, the balance of power for the National Teams will never change as there will never be good players in the NTs that didn't have them before.

Thanks in advance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucasjeha View Post
    Hello guys. I know that regens are previous players who had retired and are regenerated automatically. My question is, there are generated players that aren't regenerated? I mean, new players that aren't based on a former player? I had this question on my mind as if the regens are only made from previous players, the balance of power for the National Teams will never change as there will never be good players in the NTs that didn't have them before.

Thanks in advance!
    In my opinion there are also players generated "from nothing". I think this because I noticed that at times there are good players in certain areas rather than others, for example in my current rescue, I now find a lot of strong players of Turkish origin, while a few years ago (years of the game) I found many strong players of origin Belgian, so I think some players are created without regen.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to baw For This Useful Post:

vCash

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by baw View Post
    In my opinion there are also players generated "from nothing". I think this because I noticed that at times there are good players in certain areas rather than others, for example in my current rescue, I now find a lot of strong players of Turkish origin, while a few years ago (years of the game) I found many strong players of origin Belgian, so I think some players are created without regen.
    As far as I know all regens come from previous players who retired. But baw raised an iteresting point. What happens, though, is that some players gain a second nationallity as Turkish or Belgiunm or whatever during the game, and then they can regen with their second nationallity instead of the first one. Other thing that happens is that some old players with many international caps have a -2 PA in editor, so they can produce regens with good PA (this is to give some random in the first generation of regens).

And also, there is a bit of randomness in the nationallity and position of regens. Sometimes, very rare, they are regenerated in different nation and position than their "father".

So , in the end, the balance of national teams remain more or less constant, but there is some variation that happens sometimes
    Last edited by MadScientist; 10-07-19 at 06:03 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baw View Post
    Thanks! I'll try to keep on track on the regens more closely from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    As far as I know all regens come from previous players who retired. But baw raised an iteresting point. What happens, though, is that some players gain a second nationallity as Turkish or Belgiunm or whatever during the game, and then they can regen with their second nationallity instead of the first one. Other thing that happens is that some old players with many international caps have a -2 PA in editor, so they can produce regens with good PA (this is to give some random in the first generation of regens).

And also, there is a bit of randomness in the nationallity and position of regens. Sometimes, very rare, they are regenerated in different nation and position than their "father".

So , in the end, the balance of national teams remain more or less constant, but there is some variation that happens sometimes
    Thanks for the info. So far all the regens I kept a watch for in the Graeme Editor were regenerated in the same nationality and position of their father, hope it changes a bit soon. By the way, is there any way to create new players for low quality NTs after the game has started?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucasjeha For This Useful Post:

vCash
    By the way, is there any way to create new players for low quality NTs after the game has started?
    The only way i remember now is what someone did with San Marino, i think he became manager of all San Marino clubs with human managers, then he signed many cheap high PA players to those clubs, they gained san marino second nationality after some years and played for san marino national, then those players retired and then san marino had lots of new players (regens) with big PA.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The only way i remember now is what someone did with San Marino, i think he became manager of all San Marino clubs with human managers, then he signed many cheap high PA players to those clubs, they gained san marino second nationality after some years and played for san marino national, then those players retired and then san marino had lots of new players (regens) with big PA.
    How do I manage teams from leagues that aren't in the game? I did use the Dirty Editor to manage Zambia, but it only allows NTs and not clubs.

vCash
    How do I manage teams from leagues that aren't in the game? I did use the Dirty Editor to manage Zambia, but it only allows NTs and not clubs.
    "Manage any team" checkbox of this tool https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

Also included in tapani/saturn patches

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    "Manage any team" checkbox of this tool https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

Also included in tapani/saturn patches
    Thanks a lot!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucasjeha For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678