Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Regens

Mohsin is offline Hot Prospect for the Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OttoBisk View Post
    Hi there.

Does anyone know how regens name are generated? Im playing a belgian league game and regens are mostly flemish speaking names. Years after years, managing a french speaking belgian team, the squad looks very unrealistic regarding player names. Is it possible to control this? (the way thed regens are named)

Thanks in advance
    I would like lots of fresh potential regen names added if possible, the more variable combinations the better

vCash
    Hi there.

Does anyone know how regens name are generated? Im playing a belgian league game and regens are mostly flemish speaking names. Years after years, managing a french speaking belgian team, the squad looks very unrealistic regarding player names. Is it possible to control this? (the way thed regens are named)

Thanks in advance
    If you look in the editor you can see that each first and last name has a country and a count for that country, which I assume is the number of instances of that name in the starting DB.

I have always assumed that the regens are named randomly based on names which exist in the DB for their nation, with a weighting towards the more favourable ones. The names are also including staff, which I guess is why quite a lot of players regen with names which sound old fashioned.

You can always nickname your players to give thm names which sound more like what you want.

Mohsin is offline Hot Prospect for the Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    If you look in the editor you can see that each first and last name has a country and a count for that country, which I assume is the number of instances of that name in the starting DB.

I have always assumed that the regens are named randomly based on names which exist in the DB for their nation, with a weighting towards the more favourable ones. The names are also including staff, which I guess is why quite a lot of players regen with names which sound old fashioned.

You can always nickname your players to give thm names which sound more like what you want.
    You are right, I guess I should just give/change newgens nicknames ingame if they sound old fashioned

vCash
    Hi guys!

I want some help. I don't know if it's possible, but let it go:

The best player of my team retired suddenly. He is retiring just at 32 years old... Could have any way to stop? Or make he not retiring in some editor? I don't want regen but that he still until the end, not at 32... thanks!

vCash

Pace,Acceleration,Jumping,Workrate and Determination.

Does anyone know why Pace,Acceleration,Jumping,Workrate and Determination almost always are verry low on almost every regen player?
    Does anyone know how i can maybe make players faster through training or maybe play them in different positions?

vCash
    Are you using a patch of some sort? I seem to remember the patch wizards have tweaked this code, not sure if they improved it or caused it!

Physical attributes can be trained through 'fitness' training. Be aware of pushing them too hard; their condition will drop.

vCash
    I believe the lack of pace, workrate, determination in regens was an inherent flaw in the original, but was fixed by Tapani in his patch.

But looking at earlier posts about creating lots of older random players with -1/-2 PA seems like a good idea especially if the latest data updates could do with a bump in number of players for certain nationalities.

vCash

Regens doubt

Hello guys. I know that regens are previous players who had retired and are regenerated automatically. My question is, there are generated players that aren't regenerated? I mean, new players that aren't based on a former player? I had this question on my mind as if the regens are only made from previous players, the balance of power for the National Teams will never change as there will never be good players in the NTs that didn't have them before.

Thanks in advance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucasjeha View Post
    Hello guys. I know that regens are previous players who had retired and are regenerated automatically. My question is, there are generated players that aren't regenerated? I mean, new players that aren't based on a former player? I had this question on my mind as if the regens are only made from previous players, the balance of power for the National Teams will never change as there will never be good players in the NTs that didn't have them before.

Thanks in advance!
    In my opinion there are also players generated "from nothing". I think this because I noticed that at times there are good players in certain areas rather than others, for example in my current rescue, I now find a lot of strong players of Turkish origin, while a few years ago (years of the game) I found many strong players of origin Belgian, so I think some players are created without regen.

vCash

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by baw View Post
    In my opinion there are also players generated "from nothing". I think this because I noticed that at times there are good players in certain areas rather than others, for example in my current rescue, I now find a lot of strong players of Turkish origin, while a few years ago (years of the game) I found many strong players of origin Belgian, so I think some players are created without regen.
    As far as I know all regens come from previous players who retired. But baw raised an iteresting point. What happens, though, is that some players gain a second nationallity as Turkish or Belgiunm or whatever during the game, and then they can regen with their second nationallity instead of the first one. Other thing that happens is that some old players with many international caps have a -2 PA in editor, so they can produce regens with good PA (this is to give some random in the first generation of regens).

And also, there is a bit of randomness in the nationallity and position of regens. Sometimes, very rare, they are regenerated in different nation and position than their "father".

So , in the end, the balance of national teams remain more or less constant, but there is some variation that happens sometimes
    Last edited by MadScientist; 10-07-19 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baw View Post
    Thanks! I'll try to keep on track on the regens more closely from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    As far as I know all regens come from previous players who retired. But baw raised an iteresting point. What happens, though, is that some players gain a second nationallity as Turkish or Belgiunm or whatever during the game, and then they can regen with their second nationallity instead of the first one. Other thing that happens is that some old players with many international caps have a -2 PA in editor, so they can produce regens with good PA (this is to give some random in the first generation of regens).

And also, there is a bit of randomness in the nationallity and position of regens. Sometimes, very rare, they are regenerated in different nation and position than their "father".

So , in the end, the balance of national teams remain more or less constant, but there is some variation that happens sometimes
    Thanks for the info. So far all the regens I kept a watch for in the Graeme Editor were regenerated in the same nationality and position of their father, hope it changes a bit soon. By the way, is there any way to create new players for low quality NTs after the game has started?

vCash
    By the way, is there any way to create new players for low quality NTs after the game has started?
    The only way i remember now is what someone did with San Marino, i think he became manager of all San Marino clubs with human managers, then he signed many cheap high PA players to those clubs, they gained san marino second nationality after some years and played for san marino national, then those players retired and then san marino had lots of new players (regens) with big PA.

vCash
    The only way i remember now is what someone did with San Marino, i think he became manager of all San Marino clubs with human managers, then he signed many cheap high PA players to those clubs, they gained san marino second nationality after some years and played for san marino national, then those players retired and then san marino had lots of new players (regens) with big PA.
    How do I manage teams from leagues that aren't in the game? I did use the Dirty Editor to manage Zambia, but it only allows NTs and not clubs.

vCash
    How do I manage teams from leagues that aren't in the game? I did use the Dirty Editor to manage Zambia, but it only allows NTs and not clubs.
    "Manage any team" checkbox of this tool https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

Also included in tapani/saturn patches

vCash
    "Manage any team" checkbox of this tool https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

Also included in tapani/saturn patches
    Thanks a lot!!

vCash
    Im playing March 2019 update 5th season in and scout just came back from Croatia with this lad, looks immense for 17 and currently trying to get him anyone any idea whos regen it could be?

**Edit** Modric maybe he's just sprang to mind?

Last edited by upthehammers; 25-07-19 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    maybe rakitik

vCash
    Modric?

vCash
    i would probably say it was one of them 2 either way looks like hes going to be a great player.

vCash
    Hi there.

Thanks in advance
    I'm a bit late to the party in answering this question, but since I was browsing this thread I thought I will share the information for others who want to know.

Names are generated from the list of names in the editor, and there needs to be a minimum number of names for each nation in order for all future regens to have the correct name. Through my testing I have learned that the number of names needs to be around 110 or more for any given country.

When you are many years into the game, you will notice that certain countries have generated strange names (perhaps a Vietnamese player called Phi Thuong Smith). The reason this has happened is that in the editor, Vietnam has 225 first names but only 51 surnames. You would assume the game would just pick any surname from those 51 but it doesn't - rather it will randomly choose another surname because it thinks there aren't enough Vietnamese surnames. First names generate correctly because there are 225 of them (well above the minimum).

There is a certain caveat to this. If a country doesn't have enough names but has a language set, the game will take names from these "languages". For example, any country with language set to Arabic will generate names from Arabic countries. Any country with English set as the main language will generate English names. Certain countries in Africa have French set as their language so you will see in the future the players have French names. A country like Afghanistan doesn't have enough names in the database and the language is set to Persian - in this case the game doesn't know what to do so it pulls random names from elsewhere. So if you look at Afghanistan in your game, you will see this.

If you ultimately want to have countries generating names specific to that country, you need to add players with new names (or edit existing players within the database with the new names) so that each new name you enter has a count of 1. If you simply added a new name in the editor but did not assign it to a player, the count will be 0 and the game will not use this name with regens. So if you want players from Botswana to have names specific to Botswana, you need to add those names in the database otherwise you will see Botswana players with English names because that is the set language in the database.

Any country in the database with over 110-120 players will generally have the right regen names, but only if the count of first and last names totals more than 110-120 - have a look at Vietnam as a good example of this. I basically edited a bunch of Vietnamese player surnames with new surnames so that it has the minimum number of names.

Hope this helps people in future with this issue.

EDIT: As per the example above, the reason Belgians are regenning with French names is that if you look in the database, the most common first names from Belgium (the first names with the most counts) tend to be the French sounding names. However, with surnames the counts are highest with Flemish sounding names. My guess is that you have many Belgian players with a hybrid of French first names and Flemish surnames. You could theoretically (as mentioned above) edit existing French first names and replacing them with Flemish ones, bearing in mind the ones with the most counts will be favoured in future regens. If you have 50 players with Haas as their first name, you will see many more of those in future.

Conclusion:

It is entirely possible to fix the regen name issue with some simple work in the editor. You could theoretically have every country in the world with the correct names as long as you have 110+ unique first & second names for each. Or you could simply choose which countries you want to generate correct names by adding 110+ first/second names. A first/second name will only "count" (and subsequently be used for regens) if it is attached to a player/staff. It must have a count of at least 1 in order to be used. Names with a count of 0 will not generate in the game.
    Last edited by cm182; 08-04-20 at 02:23 AM.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cm182 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice find/work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cm182 View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party in answering this question, but since I was browsing this thread I thought I will share the information for others who want to know.

Names are generated from the list of names in the editor, and there needs to be a minimum number of names for each nation in order for all future regens to have the correct name. Through my testing I have learned that the number of names needs to be around 110 or more for any given country.

When you are many years into the game, you will notice that certain countries have generated strange names (perhaps a Vietnamese player called Phi Thuong Smith). The reason this has happened is that in the editor, Vietnam has 225 first names but only 51 surnames. You would assume the game would just pick any surname from those 51 but it doesn't - rather it will randomly choose another surname because it thinks there aren't enough Vietnamese surnames. First names generate correctly because there are 225 of them (well above the minimum).

There is a certain caveat to this. If a country doesn't have enough names but has a language set, the game will take names from these "languages". For example, any country with language set to Arabic will generate names from Arabic countries. Any country with English set as the main language will generate English names. Certain countries in Africa have French set as their language so you will see in the future the players have French names. A country like Afghanistan doesn't have enough names in the database and the language is set to Persian - in this case the game doesn't know what to do so it pulls random names from elsewhere. So if you look at Afghanistan in your game, you will see this.

If you ultimately want to have countries generating names specific to that country, you need to add players with new names (or edit existing players within the database with the new names) so that each new name you enter has a count of 1. If you simply added a new name in the editor but did not assign it to a player, the count will be 0 and the game will not use this name with regens. So if you want players from Botswana to have names specific to Botswana, you need to add those names in the database otherwise you will see Botswana players with English names because that is the set language in the database.

Any country in the database with over 110-120 players will generally have the right regen names, but only if the count of first and last names totals more than 110-120 - have a look at Vietnam as a good example of this. I basically edited a bunch of Vietnamese player surnames with new surnames so that it has the minimum number of names.

Hope this helps people in future with this issue.

EDIT: As per the example above, the reason Belgians are regenning with French names is that if you look in the database, the most common first names from Belgium (the first names with the most counts) tend to be the French sounding names. However, with surnames the counts are highest with Flemish sounding names. My guess is that you have many Belgian players with a hybrid of French first names and Flemish surnames. You could theoretically (as mentioned above) edit existing French first names and replacing them with Flemish ones, bearing in mind the ones with the most counts will be favoured in future regens. If you have 50 players with Haas as their first name, you will see many more of those in future.

Conclusion:

It is entirely possible to fix the regen name issue with some simple work in the editor. You could theoretically have every country in the world with the correct names as long as you have 110+ unique first & second names for each. Or you could simply choose which countries you want to generate correct names by adding 110+ first/second names. A first/second name will only "count" (and subsequently be used for regens) if it is attached to a player/staff. It must have a count of at least 1 in order to be used. Names with a count of 0 will not generate in the game.
    Totally agree!👍
    Data updaters have to read this valuable post! They need focusing to names,surnames, cities with location sets, wheather config, stadiums, nations&their languages, club attendance, rival clubs and liked/disliked clubs of chairman -director staff. Competition names, player skills etc are secondary. Also they need to check duplicate materials for database hygiene. These are key for who want to play long-term 70-100 years game without crashing.
    In my own database once a time Eden Hazard's regen joined Wasquehal.
    Last edited by scemoka; 08-04-20 at 10:43 AM.

vCash
    very interesting

vCash
    As you can see in my example below, this is Afghanistan in the year 2067. Most of those names I manually entered into the database (by creating new players), to get the first names and second names counts above the minimum.

Not only have the names generated correctly but they have a full squad of regens!

Even "greyed out" players have correct names:

And here is what Afghanistan would look like before any editing:

Those names are specific to Peru for some reason. But you can see how easy (albeit time-consuming) it is to get countries to generate names in the right way. Ultimately it was a bit of laziness on the part of the developers where they didn't pay too much attention to this detail. I suspect at the time this kind of information might have been harder to come by, but these days it's quite easy to find a list of Afghan first and second names (as per my example).

Note that the Afghan players in my database are completely made up for this test... I just created enough players that would regen over time, and gave them names as per names I found online.

Also: You should never use [Edit > New Item > Name] to create new names. Rather, you do this by either creating a player/staff and manually entering the name, or you can edit an existing player's name with a new name not in the database. In both of these cases, it will count 1 as a name, which you can verify in the first and second names tab. If you were to create a new name via [Edit > New Item > Name], and then choose that name in the drop-down menu, I find that this doesn't count the name correctly (apparently a bug in the editor). It will display the count as 0. So it's important to manually enter new names via the staff tab instead.

Example: If you go to [Edit > New Item > Name] and create a first name Xyz, then [Edit > New Item > Staff] and create a player, you can choose Xyz for his first name in the drop-down menu but it will show a count of 0. If you go to [Edit > New Item > Staff] and create a player, and for his first name manually enter Xyz, it will show a count of 1. The first one will not be used for regens of that country, but the second one will.

As an aside, it's worth mentioning that the language set for a country will define where names come from, should you not have enough names in the database.

Example: Here is Yemen with the language set to Arabic (default)

And here is Yemen with the language set to Italian:

Finally, here is Yemen with the language set to English:

Last edited by cm182; 08-04-20 at 11:29 PM.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cm182 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Are there any reasons for where regens appear i.e. in a recent save based on the October 2019 data I got to about 15 seasons in and was snapping up regens whenever I could get them reasonably cheaply but it seemed that certain teams were packed with top class regens e.g. Arsenal had at least 6 worldies, always one team per country...

Also, in 18 (since release) years of playing this game I have never had a useful youth player be promoted to the squad let alone a worldy, is this purely down to chance?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast