Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Shows

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

wasn't that the lamest, blandest series finale you've ever seen? I'm kind glad they put that show out of its misery tbh.... this season would have been so much better if it had only been about Eric & Pam, and Lafayette...

Thought it was a half decent season, definitely the best since season one as it just went back to vamps. When they started with the shifters, witches, werewolves, fairies it just got stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started watching True Blood 1-6 this week. So long since I seen it originally it's all pretty much new (even though I know some of the general stories and outcomes).

Some show.

EDIT: Just seen you guys talking about it, I will be dodging reading about that for awhile

Also got X-Men: The Animated Series, 1-5. Even though it's a cartoon it's still brilliant

Anyone seen the Family Guy-The Simpsons cross-over?

Basically was a FG-episode that was watered-down on it's usual humour with guest stars of the show. Lisa, Meg, Chris, Lois, Marge, Maggie and Brian are kind of cameos within this 'show' cross-over, which really was Homer vs. Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Anyone seen the Family Guy-The Simpsons cross-over?

Basically was a FG-episode that was watered-down on it's usual humour with guest stars of the show. Lisa, Meg, Chris, Lois, Marge, Maggie and Brian are kind of cameos within this 'show' cross-over, which really was Homer vs. Peter.
    Thought it was a bit poo.
    like it tried to hard.

I've just started watching "Black Sails" a pirate type series. Decent so far.

Leftovers is fantastic.

Going to start Gotham tonight

Anybody watched "Under the Dome"?
    its OK like, I've read the book though and its just sod all like it. Book was amazing.

Black Sails was really good, much better than I expected it to be and far superior to the awful Crossbones that NBC vomited out a few months later.
    Under the Dome is terrible... truly, truly, terrible!

The Strain is good. Bit of a slow burner but an interesting take on the vampire drama and well worth a look.

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

I can't watch Under the Dome.... the book is really good..... the show has changed so, so much that I can't bring myself to watch it

Z-Nation

The poor man's "The Walking Dead", but i do love me some zombie killing action so i'm all over this

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

I was going to recommend it too, Goof..... more like a "let's kill all the zombies" show than the serious drama that is the Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by JoeK210185 View Post
    Thought it was a bit poo.
    like it tried to hard.

I've just started watching "Black Sails" a pirate type series. Decent so far.

Leftovers is fantastic.

Going to start Gotham tonight

Anybody watched "Under the Dome"?
    its OK like, I've read the book though and its just sod all like it. Book was amazing.
    I know! Felt the 'establishment' towards the actual plot point was so weak, I would rather listen to a game-video commentated by Info0

Z Nation was bad. It's easily going to fail the Four Episode Test, if it even makes it that far!

I know! Felt the 'establishment' towards the actual plot point was so weak, I would rather listen to a game-video commentated by Info0

Trying to work through the season premieres of the shows my wife and I regularly watch. Big Bang just confirms it's in its zombie years, my wife has a face like "why did I ever watch this" through each episode.

Trying to watch some new shows too. Liked Black-ish, want to like Forever though it bears heavy similarity to New Amsterdam from a few years back. Still got a few to get to. Anybody with recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by faz44 View Post
    Trying to work through the season premieres of the shows my wife and I regularly watch. Big Bang just confirms it's in its zombie years, my wife has a face like "why did I ever watch this" through each episode.

Trying to watch some new shows too. Liked Black-ish, want to like Forever though it bears heavy similarity to New Amsterdam from a few years back. Still got a few to get to. Anybody with recommendations?
    Black humour as in 'South park' BUT MORE EXTREME?

Otherwise, Drawn Together is awesome for that

Black Books, etc. is also good.

Out of fandom, how many people have enjoyed/liked the series of either Community or Rick and Morty?

Dan Harmon, imo, is the best show-runner and creator in the last 14 years.

Yeah, Black-ish is surprisingly good, but unfortunately other than that there isn't much more worth watching just yet. Madam Secretary is very well made if you like that kind of show, personally I'd prefer it without the unnecessary "Government conspiracy" sub-plot. Also, I get your point with Forever, it's their efforts to make him like Sherlock that keep pissing me off, episodes 2 and 3 were definitely better than the pilot but it doesn't look like I'll be continuing with it after the "4 Episode Test". Red Band Society is very good if you can watch a medical drama about sick kids (it's better than it sounds), unfortunately I don't think it will see out it's first season. Other than that I'd recommend Manhattan, Outlander, The Strain and The Knick - depending on your tastes.

Out of fandom, how many people have enjoyed/liked the series of either Community or Rick and Morty?

Dan Harmon, imo, is the best show-runner and creator in the last 14 years.
    Harmon is a genius. Community is one of the best shows ever made, it's a shame NBC didn't treat it with the respect it deserved. At least Sony realize what they've got.

Banshee.

3 episodes in, not the greatest, in fact sometimes I've thought it's B-Grade, but there's something about it, I like it.

Maybe it's the tits and violence??? Very highly rated on IMDB and a few others.

If I was to get analytical and pick holes in the story, I'd hate it. Luckily I've had my brain switched off whilst watching, makes it almost perfect .

The bit in the Black-ish pilot with the African ceremony had me howling. "They don't even like us"

Quote Originally Posted by ozRooster View Post
    Banshee.

3 episodes in, not the greatest, in fact sometimes I've thought it's B-Grade, but there's something about it, I like it.

Maybe it's the tits and violence??? Very highly rated on IMDB and a few others.

If I was to get analytical and pick holes in the story, I'd hate it. Luckily I've had my brain switched off whilst watching, makes it almost perfect .
    Banshee is brilliant. Once you get over the ridiculous premise the show is fantastic, it just gets better and better. This is honestly one of the must see shows of the last two years.

Banshee is brilliant.. Bit of a lame storyline to start with but once it got going I loved it.. The second season just flew by too quick though, so now waiting for season 3 which cant come quick enough

Right now im going through Sons of Anarchy.. Gotta say I love it and its sooooooooooooooo Addictive!

Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Banshee is brilliant.. Bit of a lame storyline to start with but once it got going I loved it.. The second season just flew by too quick though, so now waiting for season 3 which cant come quick enough

Right now im going through Sons of Anarchy.. Gotta say I love it and its sooooooooooooooo Addictive!
    I haven't started Sons of Anarchy, it looks great and it keep getting rave reviews but I just don't have time, it's on my list though.

It's actually the reason why I now give all new shows the "4 Episode Test", between missing out on SoA, The Wire, The Shield and Breaking Bad I just can't run the risk of being that far behind on the next hit show.

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

Sons of anarchy is an awesome show... too bad it's almost done :-(

Justified is the show I really regret not following. I love Elmore Leonard and think Timothy Olyphant acting like a badass is fantastic so it should be right up my alley. If I can get my hands on the first few series then I might be able to catch up before the next (and final) season starts in January.

Justified is the show I really regret not following. I love Elmore Leonard and think Timothy Olyphant acting like a badass is fantastic so it should be right up my alley. If I can get my hands on the first few series then I might be able to catch up before the next (and final) season starts in January.
    That was another one I missed! I bought Seasons 1-4 on DVD last year when Amazon had those lightning deals on, Season 1 was awesome, I'm starting Season 2 next week hopefully.

Anyone got a link to season 5 episode 1 for the walking dead? can't find a stream anywhere atm.