Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Offsets

I am somewhat out of free time JL, but I'll be helping you with Wales and NPL as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Any idea what this line does or what could effect it?

981fb8 X:\cm3\code\match_eng.cpp
    That line by itself doesn't really do anything, however it can be used to find the game code that relates to the match engine (at least I assume what 'match_eng' refers to) - which begins at 0x660430.

The equivalent offset for 01/02 is:
    a15884 E:\dev\CM3\cm3 00-01\cm3\code\match_eng.cpp, with the code starting at 0x6b7f20.

I was looking at the English Conference Fixture offsets and I found something very interesting. After the regular season fixtures are 3 extra dates set out in the same way as Play-off games are for the English First/Second/Third. It got me thinking, is it possible that there is a Promotion Play-off for the English Conference pre-written into the game that could maybe be activated by an offset change or few.

For those interested and/or clever enough to maybe work it out the first offsets for each of the 3 fixtures are:-

0056EAED
    0056EB67
    0056EBFF

Quote Originally Posted by Golly View Post
    I was looking at the English Conference Fixture offsets and I found something very interesting. After the regular season fixtures are 3 extra dates set out in the same way as Play-off games are for the English First/Second/Third. It got me thinking, is it possible that there is a Promotion Play-off for the English Conference pre-written into the game that could maybe be activated by an offset change or few.

For those interested and/or clever enough to maybe work it out the first offsets for each of the 3 fixtures are:-

0056EAED
    0056EB67
    0056EBFF
    Looks like that code is only accessed at 0x56EA67 (JNE SHORT 0056EAD3) - you could try changing the JNE to JMP.

If you're not familiar, JNE is Jump Not Equal (based on the line above "CMP ESI, EBX"), JMP is just jump. CMP is compare - so of the values in ESI and EBX are the same the code continues to 0x56EAD0 and returns, if they not equal the 'play off' section is executed.

NON-TESTED & INCOMPLETE STUFF

0056EAED
    0056EB67
    0056EBFF
    Looks like that code is only accessed at 0x56EA67 (JNE SHORT 0056EAD3) - you could try changing the JNE to JMP.

If you're not familiar, JNE is Jump Not Equal (based on the line above "CMP ESI, EBX"), JMP is just jump. CMP is compare - so of the values in ESI and EBX are the same the code continues to 0x56EAD0 and returns, if they not equal the 'play off' section is executed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an interesting one, or at least interesting to me.

0x60d780 - this is a function that seems to be called when you rename certain clubs so the game can't find them (the 5809 error).

If you replace the instruction at this address with: RETN, NOP NOP, NOP (c3 90 90 90) the game just continues without showing the error - so you can rename any club you like.

Edit: do not rely on this post, it's more complicated that this post makes it look.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking to make a new application to simplify the process of editing player restrictions in various leagues. I'm looking for as many offsets as I can get, I've done some scanning and found the following but if anyone that has any more I'd really appreciate it.

+5
    579c63 (England Match Rules)
    5c1a53 x
    5c1a5a x
    5e02f8 Unknown (3), Germany
    5e02ff Unknown (18) Germany
    5ed048 Unknown (5), Greece
    5ed04f Unknown (4), Greece
    6397f1 Unknown (0), Irish Presidents Cup?
    6d79ed Unknown (0), ?
    6d7adc Unknown (0), ?
    6d7ae6 Unknown (0), ?
    794753 Unknown (3), Norway
    8595a5 Unknown (4), Spain
    8595b9 Unknown (2), Spain
    8595c9 Unknown (4), Spain
    8595d1 Unknown (3), Spain
    90a731 Unknown (0), MLS All Stars

+2
    40aa23 Unknown (4), Argentina
    412dc3 Unknown (6), Australia
    43f2c8 Unknown (2), Brazil
    6670a3 Unknown (3), Japan
    7cd973 Unknown (18), Poland
    7ec978 Unknown (3), Russia
    902203 Unknown (0), Turkey
    90222d Unknown (6), Turkey
    90ba88 Unknown (18), USA

If anyone can confirm what any of the are I'd also appreciate it. The number in brackets is the number of players allowed.
    +5 is for non-eu restriction, +2 wasn't in the tutorial but, as a guess, I'd say it is non-region or non-continent restriction (I've only played in Australia from that list).

I'll see if I can find some more at the weekend.

The equivalent offset in the English Football League divisions are also JNE SHORT... so don't think it's that.

Maybe the values being compared are different though.

You could try setting a breakpoint and looking out for values of ESI and EBX.

To do this, go to: 0x56EA65, right-click, Breakpoint > Toggle (the address should highlight red), then run the application by clicking the little blue triangle (just next to the right of the 'x' in the top left). When the game gets to this instruction it will freeze. The Registers section in Olly will then show you what value is stored in each register.

I had a little experiment earlier with expanding the Conference and Northern Premier to 24 teams each.

Did both by simply finding the offset for Number of Teams in either division and increasing it to 18 (Hex for 24). 2 lines above these offsets is another where the offset is 59 x No of teams. So for Conference I had to change it from 512 (22x59 in hex) to 588 (24x59 in hex). Did nothing with the fixture list- ie left them at 42 rounds scheduled and same dates. Added 2 teams to Conference and 1 to Northern Premier using Explorer and...

Had no problems whatsoever. Both leagues run fine with 24 teams in. On the "Schedule" page of either competition there are only 42 games schedule for Conference and 34 for Northern Premier, but the game inserts the other rounds of fixtures into vacant midweek slots and all games are played.

The FA Cup still pulled 22 Conference teams and 23 Northern Premier teams into the Qualifying Round (so 2 random? Conference sides and 1 random? Northern Premier side misses out). And the FA Trophy also pulls in 22 Conference teams (2 miss out) and 10 other teams (some Northern Premier, some not) into Round 2.

Guessing reducing the Conference below 22 and the Northern Premier below 23 might screw up the FA Cup, although I haven't tried it. Ditto with the FA Trophy if there are less than 22 teams in the Conference.
    Finally got around to checking out what effect reducing Northern Premier to 22 teams has on the FA Cup. And... The FA Cup Qualifying Round draw fails to take place and therefore the competition doesn't start.

Therefore I think it is fair to say that you can increase amount of clubs in English divisions, but reducing them messes up the FA Cup.

Might have a play around with Scotland to see how league sizes effect Scottish Cup(s).

Here's an interesting one, or at least interesting to me.

0x60d780 - this is a function that seems to be called when you rename certain clubs so the game can't find them (the 5809 error).

If you replace the instruction at this address with: RETN, NOP NOP, NOP (c3 90 90 90) the game just continues without showing the error - so you can rename any club you like.

-----

Edit: do not rely on this post, it's more complicated that this post makes it look.

FREE

So that's all the 5809 error is?

Yes, unless there are other causes I'm not familiar with.

Also, I've just realised that in some cases there was a good reason for checking club names - this is how the game creates a link between one club and their B team. So, for example, renaming Barcelona will still cause an error and leave them with no connection to Barcelona B.

--

Edit: it appears this error is a generic 'something is missing' error - so there are a lot more causes, including when a colour can't be found.
    Last edited by JohnLocke; 17-02-13 at 10:20 AM.

I just got the same error 5809 when using the Names Editor changing the Scottish comp names?

I've just checked the code and the above fix should also work on all 3 Scottish cups - it should let you rename them in the data without needing to use the Names Editor.

Quote Originally Posted by vult View Post
    Hi, do anyone knows how to turn off the unprotected contracts without using tapani patch? Maybe changing some offsets? Thanks.
    Better late than never...

Offset: 0x524cd2 (PUSH 7d1), 7d1 converted to decimal is 2001
    Change this to a much later year (which is what Tapani's patch does) to disable the rule change, for example:
    PUSH 77D1 (the year 30673, which is the year Tapani's patch uses).

Disable the splash screen (untested).

0x5ccd3c - change JE 005cd0b3 to JMP 005cd0b3 NOP.

Credit to Tapani - the above is taken from his 2.19 patch.

free

Coloured Attributes (work in progress)

0x87abf1: Change to CALL 09660e8 NOP NOP and all the attributes are black instead of yellow.

Somewhere in there Tapani has instructed the game to use different colours.

Edit:

0x9660e9: MOV EDX, DWORD PTR SS:[ARG.3]
    0x9660ed: MOV CX, WORD PTR DS:[0AEBDEC]

EDX stores the attribute value (1-20)
    CX stores the colour each attribute should be displayed.

I can't get Tapani's modification to work - it must rely on something I don't yet know - however I have figured out it uses the attribute value itself as part of the calculation. For example, the result is something akin to setting the green element of the colour to 255 - (attribute value * 12).

COLOURED ATTRIBUTES (work in progress)

0x87abf1: Change to CALL 09660e8 NOP NOP and all the attributes are black instead of yellow.

Somewhere in there Tapani has instructed the game to use different colours.

Edit:

0x9660e9: MOV EDX, DWORD PTR SS:[ARG.3]
    0x9660ed: MOV CX, WORD PTR DS:[0AEBDEC]

EDX stores the attribute value (1-20)
    CX stores the colour each attribute should be displayed.

I can't get Tapani's modification to work - it must rely on something I don't yet know - however I have figured out it uses the attribute value itself as part of the calculation. For example, the result is something akin to setting the green element of the colour to 255 - (attribute value * 12).

Still working on it...

009291B2 - Offset for the first year the FIFA Club World Cup takes place.

Change it from CMP AX,7D3 to CMP AX,7D1 and the Competition takes place in 2001.

NB 7D3 is hex for 2003 and obviously 7D1 is hex for 2001.

FREE

I know the offset of Intro Header colour. But it seems that heres no one colour -> one element. Theres colour -> different elements. So when i changing red header background to black - Red cards and you have news also becoming black. Any ideas how to attach it to another colour?

Post the offset and I'll have a look.

1e45d9 - it not olly offset, i using HxD, olly seems + 4. It offset of red byte i think.

Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast