Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 778384858687
Results 2,151 to 2,171 of 2171

Thread: Offsets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    As far as I know it's a compromise. The restriction of buying foreign players cannot be removed so it's been extended to it's limit.
    Thank you, but you misunderstood. I know how to change the limit on the number of players. But in patch v6 there is a restriction on the buy of players! With Flex I can put 18 foreigners or remove the limit, but for some unknown reason Saturn made it so that I can't buy more than 10 foreigners. Obviously, this can only be changed in Olly, but I don't know where to do it ((

vCash
    Is there an offset or way to change the maximum 25% of the next selling of a player? Sell on fee?

vCash
    I found the formula that converts the intrinsic value of an attribute into the cosmetic in-game value that is displayed to the user: its in the function in offset 00543540.

This is how the formula would look like in a simplified high level code:

x = ((intrinsic + intrinsic + CA) / 20) + 10
    in_game = (((x * x) / 10) + x) / 3

Example:

Lets say the intrinsic value for Anticipation is -2 and the CA of the player is 150.

So we first calculate the x:
    x = ((-2 -2 + 150) / 20) + 10 >>>>> this results in x = 17.3

So now we calculate the in game value:
    in_game = (((17.3 * 17.3) / 10) + 17.3) / 3 >>>>> this results in in_game = 15.743

Finally, we round the value to nearest integer and we get the 16 which is the cosmetic in-game value that is displayed to the user for Anticipation.

Note: If the resulting value is greater than 20 (or less than 1) then its capped to 20 (and 1).

We can easily patch this formula anyway we want, as it is purelly cosmetic anyway... For example, we can display the intrinsic value of the attribute instead of this cosmetic value, or we can include the decimal points of the value to display, or we can remove the CA factor from the formula (as it prevents doing a reliable comparison between the attributes of players of different CAs), or we can remove the 20 cap (which, in cases like Messi, who have many 20s, some of his 20s are stronger than the others, and if we remove this cap they will show as 21, 23 etc).

Note: I still didn't find the formula which im more interested with: the one which converts the in-editor values into the intrinsic values, it for sure is much more complex and takes much more parameters than just the CA (i can infer it even takes into account the non CA attributes), so im really interested in finding it too.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    One more thought came to my mind: I always have a feeling the AI managers pick their players based on the cosmetic in-game values (which are CA oriented) rather than the intrinsic values, ignoring freak intrinsic players such as Tsigalko. If thats the case, then patching the formula above may also affect how AI managers pick the players. For example, if we patch it to return the intrinsic value (normalized in 1-20 range) rather than the cosmetic value, then the AI may become "smarter" giving less importance to CA and more importance to the real quality of the players.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 13-04-19 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    I'm fairly certain Rating trumps CR and CA in terms of the AI picking a team e.g. the rating per position - hence Rafinha and Mariano Diaz get picked by the AI for Barca and RM more than players on paper are way ahead of them

The only programs that show Rating that I know of are Line-up Viewer and CMScout. Line-up Viewer is particularly evident as you can view clubs via preferred formations by either Rep or Rating. Rating tends to be wildy different (and infuriating) at some clubs vs rep

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm fairly certain Rating trumps CR and CA in terms of the AI picking a team e.g. the rating per position - hence Rafinha and Mariano Diaz get picked by the AI for Barca and RM more than players on paper are way ahead of them

The only programs that show Rating that I know of are Line-up Viewer and CMScout. Line-up Viewer is particularly evident as you can view clubs via preferred formations by either Rep or Rating. Rating tends to be wildy different (and infuriating) at some clubs vs rep
    What do you mean by rating, is it the match ratings average performances ?

vCash
    Look at a save in Lineup Viewer (Downloads > Tools), the choice is to either show the best team by reputation or rating.

It's the players rating for a position e.g. AML - who the AI thinks is best in terms of attributes for that (or any given) position. It's this rating that AI choses a team from what I can see, not current reputation or CA

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's the players rating for a position e.g. AML - who the AI thinks is best in terms of attributes for that (or any given) position.
    Yes, thats exactly what i mean. If the AI calculates those rattings in terms of the cosmetic attributes (like those tools do), instead of the intrinsic attributes, then it means the AI is biased towards higher CA players (because the cosmetic attributes are CA biased due to the CA factor in the formula I posted above), so the AI can't identify good players like tsigalgo because this CA factor in the formula causes the AI to "think" that some of his attributes are weaker than they really are. So, patching the formula I posted above to remove the CA factor from it will probably cause the AI to become smarter as it will calculate those rattings more preciselly.

vCash
    I made experiment to see if the AI managers calculate the ratting (i.e. the quality) of a player in terms of cosmetic or in terms of intrinsic attributes: I changed the formula above, so that all players with CA below 50 show 20 for all their CA-related attributes, and all players with CA above 50 show 1 for all their CA-related attributes. That means I didn't made any change to the intrinsic value of the attributes, only to the cosmetic value of them. Holidayed 5 years.

I was expecting one of these results:
    a) If the AI managers calculate in terms of cosmetic, then they would prefer those guys with 20s in all CA-related atts even if their intrinsics were shitty, so after 5 years big teams would have many of those guys.
    b) Or, if they calculate in terms of intrinsic, then this experiment wouldn't affect the AI in any way as the AI would still prefer a Messi (good intrinsics) with 1s for all his CA-related attributes than a shitty intrinsic player with 20s for all CA-related attributes.

The result I got after the experiment finished was "b)". My conclusion to the experiment is: The AI managers ignore the cosmetic values of the CA-related attributes and use the intrinsic values, for calculating player ratting (quality). I also didn't notice any change in any other parts of the game, so changing the formula above seem to have purelly cosmetic effect to be displayed to the user. However I put a breakpoint in the formula code, and I see sometimes this code gets called during processing (days passing), so there is a chance the game engine is using the cosmetic value of the CA-related attributes for something that isn't cosmetic, but i couldn't identify what exactly it is.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My bet before the experiment was that the result would be "a)", because the AI fails to find good players like Tsigalko and a reason would be the AI using cosmetics values rather than intrinsics. However the result was "b)", so I was wrong, so there must be some other reason why the AI managers don't tend to pick players as tsigalko.

vCash
    Saturn, is there a way (offest) to work with to obtain same traits values in regens? (Normally too low)

vCash
    Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to make this question, but I wanted to know if anyone can help me to modify the fixtures of Libertadores Cup that now goes from February until November.

The same would go for the Brazilian Cup that last from February until November aswell.

Is it possible? Anyone can help me?

vCash
    After a long time,i have played today with Olly.Here you can see code that determing what kind of competition is:

0058B35D C646 42 04 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],4 - nation international competition

fifa confederations cup

0040105A C646 42 04 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],4

african nations cup

0040E8BC C646 42 04 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],4

asian nations

0057A8EF C646 42 04 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],4

euro championship

005E06BC C646 42 04 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],4

gold cup

00798901 C646 42 04 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],4

oceania nations

0092BFAB C646 42 04 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],4

world cup

004C0CA5 C646 42 02 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],2 - club international competition

conmebol championship

004C2FA1 C646 50 02 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+50],2

copa libertadores

0058382A C646 42 02 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],2

champions league

0040AB4D C646 42 02 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],2

asian champions league

00902347 C646 42 02 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],2

uefa cup

0079702B C646 42 02 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],2

oceania club championship

0041D0B7 C646 42 01 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],1 - club domestic competition

belgian cup

005174E5 C646 42 01 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],1

croatian cup

005D8C85 C646 42 01 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],1

german cup

0066A4C5 C646 42 01 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],1

korean cup

00661D95 C646 42 01 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+42],1

japan cup

Leagues were my point of interest,but this code keep increasing by 1 and it is based on alphabetical order in the .exe...
    What i was hoping i could find is some code that can change nationality of the league to be International,by pointing instead of nation 9CF reference to a Region or Continent reference....
    If someone clever can figure that out,it would be very good for creating Super Leagues.

005733D6 C646 50 09 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+50],9

english premier league

007F0BE4 C646 50 18 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+50],18

scottish premier league

0078E0C1 C646 50 24 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+50],24

nir premier league

00552625 C646 50 08 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+50],8

dannish premier league

0041DD99 C646 50 04 MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+50],4

belgian first division

005951C1 C646 50 0A MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+50],0A

finnish premier division

005BB1B4 C646 50 0C MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+50],0C

french first league

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djole2mcloud For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratio View Post
    Saturn, is there a way (offest) to work with to obtain same traits values in regens? (Normally too low)
    Not that I know of, no.

Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post
    After a long time,i have played today with Olly...
    The +50 offsets relate to a competition's suspension ID:
    Spoiler!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    If you could point me towards the offset where I would have to start, then I can start adding them in. Also would have an overview of the offsets for each team.

So with a bit of your guidance I could do the ground work
    First of all, I'd recommend using the Serie B's fixtures (00647321) as that was a 20 team division in 01/02. You'd need to change the ASCII of the Italian teams to match the March update's English teams' short names, so Vicenza would become Cardiff etc.

The easiest way to do this would be in XVI32: open cm0102 in it and CTRL+F Vicenza (make sure Text string is chosen) to see where all the Italian teams' ASCIIs are stored. From here you need to start overwriting the Italian teams with English ones. Select the V in Vicenza and then in the top-left part of XVI32, click Edit and select "Overwrite string". Select "Text string" and type Cardiff, then press the "Text -> Hex" button and select OK.

Note that it is essential that there is a 00 value after the new text has been entered. So it's fine to overwrite Vicenza with Cardiff (both seven letters) but you couldn't use Brighton (its eighth letter would overwrite the 00). Similarly for Pistoiese (nine letters) it would be safe to use an eleven letter team as there would still be a 00 value present after the eleventh letter. With a bit of luck all the English teams will have Italian teams of similar length, if not they would have to be stored elsewhere (easily done).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    First of all, I'd recommend using the Serie B's fixtures (00647321) as that was a 20 team division in 01/02. You'd need to change the ASCII of the Italian teams to match the March update's English teams' short names, so Vicenza would become Cardiff etc.

The easiest way to do this would be in XVI32: open cm0102 in it and CTRL+F Vicenza (make sure Text string is chosen) to see where all the Italian teams' ASCIIs are stored. From here you need to start overwriting the Italian teams with English ones. Select the V in Vicenza and then in the top-left part of XVI32, click Edit and select "Overwrite string". Select "Text string" and type Cardiff, then press the "Text -> Hex" button and select OK.

Note that it is essential that there is a 00 value after the new text has been entered. So it's fine to overwrite Vicenza with Cardiff (both seven letters) but you couldn't use Brighton (its eighth letter would overwrite the 00). Similarly for Pistoiese (nine letters) it would be safe to use an eleven letter team as there would still be a 00 value present after the eleventh letter. With a bit of luck all the English teams will have Italian teams of similar length, if not they would have to be stored elsewhere (easily done).
    So should I open a cm0102.exe from the original ODB 01/02 or the one from your v7 patch?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    It probably doesn't really matter, but go with one of the v7 ones.

vCash
    QUESTION:

Did anyone manage to work out how to turn on play-offs? Specifically, the English Conference has offsets for 3 rounds of play-off fixtures but the play-off aren't turned on. Any solutions?

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golly View Post
    QUESTION:

Did anyone manage to work out how to turn on play-offs? Specifically, the English Conference has offsets for 3 rounds of play-off fixtures but the play-off aren't turned on. Any solutions?
    Maybe I'm dumb..... but can't you turn them on and off in the block of code that deals with number of teams promoted & relegated and subs and subs used during a match?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Maybe I'm dumb..... but can't you turn them on and off in the block of code that deals with number of teams promoted & relegated and subs and subs used during a match?
    No, it makes the league table show the potential play-off teams but unfortunately doesn't trigger the play-offs taking place.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Golly For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golly View Post
    QUESTION:

The Conference doesn't have a lot of code that other divisions with playoffs have.

It's similar to when there were attempts to add relegation places to the Northern Ireland First Division. The relegation offsets and how to point relegated teams to a lower division were known, but it was all futile as the extra relegation code was not there.

There needs to be code that tells the game that:
    1. Relegation/Playoffs are going to occur.
    2. This is how to deal with those relegation/playoffs.

In both cases we have the second part in the code but not the first.

If you look at the code after the Conference's fixtures, you'll see that there's only three functions:
    0056ECB0 (team selection);
    0056EDE0 (league table stuff);
    0056EE80 (comp stat related).

After the English First Division's fixtures on the other hand, there are three extra functions:
    00572BF0 (team selection);
    00572D90 (league table stuff);
    00572E30 (comp_stat related);
    00572FF0 (not sure but it calls the next function);
    00573080 (large function with calls to cup & cup_stage areas of code, which playoffs use);
    00573260 (more comp_stat related).

29. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 778384858687