Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humans

vCash

Humans

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4122068/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"In a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a 'Synth' - a highly-developed robotic servant that's so similar to a real human it's transforming the way we live."

Has anybody else been watching this new series that has started on Channel 4?

I missed the first two episodes (which the missus has now caught up with on 4oD) but have been hooked on to it since.

I'd recommend giving it a watch as I like Sci-Fi shows
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Just found out that all the episodes so far (six) are available on 4oD

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/humans

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think, I'm watching episode one now!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

Deatus Unattached
    great series.
    i wish i had a Synth like Niska :/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deatus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one

She is nice. How wrong was that episode with the husband and Mia though :cringe:
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I havve downloaded the first few, yet to watch! Will do this weekend!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Let me know what you think mate. I'll be catching up (back) with the first 2 that I've yet to see.
    The Alphabet Game #3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Anyone up to date yet? I watched the latest episode last night. Can't believe it's the finale already next week!

Spoiler!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Niska and Mia are hotties.. Season 2 is rumoured and more beyond that. By all accounts its channel 4's biggest hit in quite a few years so no surprise to hear it is likely to get more seasons made.

vCash
    That's good to know. I can't see it finishing for good after just one season as you feel that it's got the potential to go on for quite a while.

Still can't get used to the mum being the same girl from the IT crowd though
    The Alphabet Game #3

Deatus Unattached
    i think this scene was a little bit silly :/

vCash
    Yeah, holding his hand like he was even conscious at all
    The Alphabet Game #3

Deatus Unattached
    season 2
    officially announced

\o/

vCash
    why cant there be a good series of something and leave it at that.. why we constantly now have to have 6 series of every fucking thing i'll never know..

vCash
    6 seasons and movie I think is the general target...

vCash
    Why would you end on 1 series though? 6 episodes is not a lot to get through.

Something like this has the potential to go on much further, I'm certainly looking forwards to it!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    This is back out now for a second series!

Only 2 episodes in but it doesn't feel as good as it was in the first series. Anyone else watching, do you agree?
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Yep totally agree. The intrigue which we had with season 1 has now gone.

Still gonna watch though to see what direction they go in. Although I feel that they have too many sub plots on the go instead of sticking with one or 2 per episode they are trying to cram too much in and it all seems a bit rushed.

316'sRegen Unattached
    I would disagree lads, loved s1 but it was introductory. I reckon the themes being explored in s2 are just as thought provoking so far. Love between people and synths a big one, the kids who imitate synths and the youngest girl in the family is doing it now. The science community catching up to Elser and realising some are conscious, that could end in armageddon! It seems the main theme of the series so far would be "consequences". Enjoying the legality side of it with Niska.

I love the Hester character and her struggle with logic and desired results vs morality or what's right and wrong, she has already learned to lie. Good old Max has his work cut out there.
    It's only 3 eps in and there were new characters to meet etc, story arcs to introduce, i reckon the pace will pick up on Sunday. All eps on All4

IMO this is the best TV show in many years. It's entertaining but thought provoking at the same time, i can't remember being so into a show, looking forward to every episode. Roll on Sunday !
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 19-11-16 at 10:19 AM.

vCash
    Fair enough, 316. It's typical of the start of a new series to spend 2 or 3 episodes covering a few areas before it gets going. Not seen yesterday's episode yet but hopefully it'll pick up as you've predicted!
    The Alphabet Game #3

316'sRegen Unattached
    Getting exciting now!

Don't want to spoil if anyone not seen yesterdays but these are getting better every week. Does anyone know how many eps in S2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    Getting exciting now!

Don't want to spoil if anyone not seen yesterdays but these are getting better every week. Does anyone know how many eps in S2?

Pace has definitely quickened a bit!

And I believe its an 8 episode season

vCash
    Fully caught up now after this week's episode. Definitely getting interesting, you can see that it's building up to something when Trinity got into the restricted access area (thought I was watching the Matrix then...).

Very confused as to what is happening now with the child robots and the seraphs?

Has Mia reset herself to avoid being sold?

I always knew Niska would end up doing a runner
    The Alphabet Game #3

316'sRegen Unattached
    Yeah I thought it would be for commercial reasons, thinking back to the scientist lady's initial disgust at the owner guys' capatilist motives. They answered your question before the first scene though.

I like the road they are taking with the story, the synths are now more and more acting on their newfound human emotions, Ithink the teenage girl with the synth mental issues (that the son asked to help the kid sister) is going to be a big part of the story going forward.

They also seem to be drawing the battle lines between synths and people, with our fave family caught in no mans land. Is the apocolypse imminent?

vCash
    They certainly did! Watched it last night, they got stuck straight into seraph's straight away. It was a little creepy/weird to see that Karen and child robot like that.

Mia seems to have decided to get involved with Leo and Hester who is a nutbag. She's peed off the nice happy robot too.

The youngest sister is doing my nut in

Off topic - Didn't know Niska was in inbetweeners 2
    The Alphabet Game #3

316'sRegen Unattached
    Holy shit guys look at this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38583360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast