Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: CM01/02 running (with new updates) on android tablets/phones

vCash
    I am going to buy an Android tablet simply to play CM 01/02.

Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of spec, as obviously I'll be looking to buy the cheapest possible option?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebugel View Post
    Iv sorted it, deleted exagear and all of its sub folders and re-installed. Bit of a pain every three days but should now only take 10 mins as all relevant files inc cm0102 are saved to SD.
    What need to be deleted? When you say delete exagear and all of its sub folders, how are you doing this? (without losing the cm0102 files).

Is there an alternative to exagear?

vCash
    late to the party here, I cant seem to find exagear anywhere & it seems a common thing with all recent posts. Need an alternative please guys!! any suggestions from the google play store?....... I thought i had found exagear through aptoide but a licensing issue kept stopping it from loading up. Please help!!! desperate to get it onto my tablet!!..........

vCash
    Glenn: And Lucky Patcher or similar couldn't help? Exagear Strategies is really the only way to go. I once got it up and running with Bochs, but it was such a faff compared to Exagear Strategies

vCash
    I had it working with Exagear but now it's unusable as it comes up asking for the licence and there's no way of purchasing a licence anymore.

Does anyone have an alternative way of getting it to work on Android?

I downloaded Lucky Patcher last night but it didn't seem to do anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgmedia View Post
    I had it working with Exagear but now it's unusable as it comes up asking for the licence and there's no way of purchasing a licence anymore.

Does anyone have an alternative way of getting it to work on Android?

I downloaded Lucky Patcher last night but it didn't seem to do anything.
    I feel your pain, i'm in the same boat & its so frustrating!!! im desperate to get it on a tablet!!! With exagear now not use able we need HELP!!!

vCash
    Right, now this is my first time trying to modify an Android app, so bear with me (as Lucky Patcher did not work at all). It ain't easy, first you extract out classes.dex from the .apk, then convert that to a jar, then decompile the jar to java (for easy reading) and to smali bytecode language (for editing and recompiling). Then edit the Smali, recompile, put classes.dex back in the .apk and then re-sign the .apk.

So:
    https://nic.hopto.org/open/exagear/

That has the apk that needs installing and also the obb file.
    The obb file needs to be copied to directory:
    /Android/obb/com.eltechs.es
    ^ you'll probably have to manually create the com.eltechs.es inside the obb directory first. Make sure it's spelt perfectly and is all lower case

After installing the .apk and running Exagear it should say unpacking data. If it says can't find game data or similar it means you haven't copied the .obb file properly.
    (Also put whatever game you are looking to run (i.e. CM0102) in directory /ExaGear in preparation - else you won't be able to do much when you run Exagear for the first time)

This APK does not connect to google play and is in permanent trial mode. The trial is now about a month, rather than 3 days but it also should never expire, even past that month timeline. But let me know if it does.
    If it does expire, look for a file called /Android/data/Y29tLmVsdGVjaHMuZXMuNjl.pm - delete that file and the trial will be reset and you continue for another month.

Hope that helps folk!

EDIT: Now updated the download so it's not in trial mode any more - so should work exactly like the fully "paid for" version.
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 17-08-19 at 01:38 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Excuse my ignorance but this is just for getting round the trial period issues right?

You'll still need to have exagear already?

vCash
    No, those files install Exagear. In fact if you already have it installed (and don't own it) - I'd recommend uninstalling first, then installing this version. The normal trial version would only let you play for 10 minutes too - this version of it does not have that restriction either.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Interesting.
    I, luckily, bought the licence about 4 days before it disappeared from Play Store.

But Kudos Nick, this could be game changing if it can work consistently.

vCash
    So, on https://nic.hopto.org/open/exagear/ theres now com.eltechs.es.nick.apk and com.eltechs.es.test.apk

com.eltechs.es.test.apk is the one I'm experimenting with modifying further. With Exagear Strategies, as well as Exagear RPG, there was not a control methodology which allowed for easy mouse dragging for left and right mouse buttons. With "Cuprum" it would drag ok with the left mouse button, but pressing the button to switch to use the right mouse button would not let you drag. Well with this "test" version here Cuprum now does. So you can use the tactics screen fully (moving the players about and dragging the arrows by selecting right mouse button).

Also, the screen resolutions in the original included 1280x720......well we want 1280x800, so that is modified to have that as an option with this test version too.

(Just to give you an idea of what a b!tch it was to code this dragging for the right mouse button, here's the smali code I had to write. So don't expect too many other changes )
    Code:
    	# v33 is v2 (from v4) above. Move it back to v2
    	move-object/from16 v2, v33

# v12
    	new-instance v50, Lcom/eltechs/axs/GestureStateMachine/GestureState1FingerMoveToMouseDragAndDrop;

# v14 -> v52 and use v14 for now
    	move-object/from16 v52, v14
        new-instance v14, Lcom/eltechs/axs/GuestAppActionAdapters/SimpleDragAndDropAdapter;

# v1 - we can use v1
        new-instance v1, Lcom/eltechs/axs/GuestAppActionAdapters/PressAndHoldMouseClickAdapter;

# v10 is still good to use
    	invoke-virtual {v10}, Lcom/eltechs/axs/GestureStateMachine/GestureContext;->getPointerReporter()Lcom/eltechs/axs/PointerEventReporter;

# v3 doesn't need to be saved
        move-result-object v3

# v4 doesn't need to be saved - this we belive is the button clicked while dragging - changing from 0x1 to 0x3
    	const/4 v4, 0x3

# ok
    	invoke-direct {v1, v3, v4}, Lcom/eltechs/axs/GuestAppActionAdapters/PressAndHoldMouseClickAdapter;-><init>(Lcom/eltechs/axs/PointerEventReporter;I)V

# ok
    	new-instance v3, Lcom/eltechs/es/civ3/GestureMachineConfigurerCiv3$2;

# This should be good - we've already used v3 and v10
    	invoke-direct {v3, v10}, Lcom/eltechs/es/civ3/GestureMachineConfigurerCiv3$2;-><init>(Lcom/eltechs/axs/GestureStateMachine/GestureContext;)V

# old v14 is now v52 from above (as we needed to move it to a v15 or less register)
        invoke-direct {v14, v2, v1, v3}, Lcom/eltechs/axs/GuestAppActionAdapters/SimpleDragAndDropAdapter;-><init>(Lcom/eltechs/axs/GuestAppActionAdapters/MouseMoveAdapter;Lcom/eltechs/axs/GuestAppActionAdapters/MouseClickAdapter;Ljava/lang/Runnable;)V

# v18 and v19 are still the smae

# v12 -> v50
    	move-object/16 v1, v50

# ok
        move-object v4, v2

# ok
        move-object v2, v10

# v30 is v3 from Part 1 - neither v32 or v30 are used, so no need to save them this time
    	# move-object/from16 v32, v30

# ok
    	move-object v3, v14

# just saving v2 again, to v33 (via v4) like Part 1 - no harm in doing it again
        move-object/from16 v33, v4

# v31 was saving v4 from before Part 1 - ok to use again
    	move-object/from16 v14, v31

# v9 pretty much stays untouched through out - so ok
    	move-object v4, v9

# Was using v34 to save v5, but we did that in Part 1 - so v5 not equal to that - so skip
    	# move-object/from16 v34, v5

# v18 is set to 1 from part 1
    	move/from16 v5, v18

# Saves v6 into v35, which we've already done - no need to do again
    	# move-object/from16 v35, v6

# v19 is set to 0 from part 1
    	move/from16 v6, v19

# Punch it :)
        invoke-direct/range {v1 .. v6}, Lcom/eltechs/axs/GestureStateMachine/GestureState1FingerMoveToMouseDragAndDrop;-><init>(Lcom/eltechs/axs/GestureStateMachine/GestureContext;Lcom/eltechs/axs/GuestAppActionAdapters/DragAndDropAdapter;Lcom/eltechs/axs/GestureStateMachine/PointerContext;ZF)V

vCash
    Definitely going to try this tomorrow, will report back!

vCash
    Got this working - Nick, you legend!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678