Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The County Championship

"Bangura-gura, wherever you are, you are, you're always our midfield star, Bangura-gura"

Bangura looks a great signing and Grimes ok. Others are like a fast wood and a jumping stone

Just found this and read the lot! Great idea for a story, although you're in for the long haul!

Looking forward to seeing the 142 fans at the Make Money Cup.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    Four new strikers in seems like a lot though?
    New strikers were needed and there are still a couple of originals to lose so if I can do that I'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    How you getting offered jobs this early?! Got that Saturn fix in place?
    Have got the Saturn fix on. In honesty, I applied for one of them, just to see if anyone wanted me but as they came back, another asked for me as well. Never seen that happen to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What's your plan, btw? Is it to win something first before moving on to another county?
    If a club comes along that can get me to a title quicker then I can jump ship.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the 142 fans at the Make Money Cup.
    Not far off!!

Stories Mod

August 2015

Our pre season tournament and the start of the league season awaits. At least two games to sort the starting XI for the first league game. I may add extra friendlies depending on how they go.

Transfers

Kevin Murray - free transfer

Another youngster, and good for midfield competition. He comes in just a couple of days before the season starts.

Matches and Roundup

Barnes, Grimes, Bangura, and Hopkins made their debuts from the start as we lined up against our guests from St Vincent and Grenadines. Grimes was named as captain. From last year's squad, Miles John, Jan Bakke and Micah Ince continue as my very young midfield but now have the protection of Bangura behind them. Moyo is rewarded with his fine end of last season form to be the starter up front with Hopkins.
    The game started well for us and we saw a lot of ball in the midfield but just could not get it to the front two as they managed just 9 touches of the ball each in the first half. Both were replaced at the break with Balmy and Berry coming on in their places. It felt very weird sending a 15 year old out onto the pitch with men some more than twice his age but I felt he was ready. Eoin Murphy also came on in goal in 3 changes.
    At half time, the attendance was announced.
    307. I knew it was low but I hoped I had just been bad at counting the heads around the pitch. I expected more from our fans.
    In the second half, we quite frankly, played them off the park. Shot after shot after shot. We just couldn't make the breakthrough. Rustiness of pre season yes. We've all been there but some of the chances should have been put away. And I let them know I was not happy. Our legs were saved from a penalty shootout when young Micah Ince popped up at the back post to prod home a winner in the 90th minute to give us the win and a place in the final of our own tournament.
    Solihull 1-0 Camdonia Chelsea

Chelsea Reserves beat FC United 3-1 in front of 464 fans and FC United then beat Camdonia 1-0 in the third place playoff in front of 596 to claim third place before the final.
    The three subs that came on, started the final. All starters in the first game had done well, as had the subs so it looks as though my first XI was coming together.
    It was over as a contest before it barely began.
    Joao Rodriguez scored twice and Charly Musonda got one before Rodriguez got himself sent off.
    The scoreline and knowing there was no way back gave me the allowance to make a raft of subs at half time without fear for the result. Seven came on at the break to get some match practice.
    I personally thought the game was over. The players, however thought otherwise as Andy Hopkins came off the bench to score twice and Ian Barnes tied the game at 3-3 before it went to penalties to decide the inaugural winners of the cup.
    The 262 hardy souls that had showed up were treated to a tense finish.
    Unbelievably, Islam Feruz and Joe Brooks missed for Chelsea and despite Bangura missing one for us, we slotted away our others to win the Make Money Cup.
    Solihull 3-3 Chelsea Reserves (Solihull win 4-2 on penalties)

No-one else wanted to host us in a friendly so we waited the week and a half for the league season to start. We would be starting with Colwyn Bay at home.
    We lined up like this for our first league game of the season.

I was excited. It was the beginnings of my first full season as a manager. I had managed to do enough business over the summer to put my own stamp on the side. Solihull were now mine. Not just a team I inherited from my predessor. At the same time, I was apprehensive. The majority of teams in the division would be a lot tougher than Camdonia. I really wouldn't know where we were until we were about 10 games in.
    If this game was anything to go by, we may be in for a good season. Balmy, John and Hopkins (2), got us off to a great start to the season.
    Solihull 4-2 Colwyn Bay

JJ Melligan came in Bakke in this first away game of the season. A trip to Lowestoft.
    I wanted this to be a sign for what we could do for the season. You often see sides be strong at home but incredibly weak away. I wanted us to show that we could do it on the road as well. As solid as we were at home in the first fixture, we showed some real backbone in this one and again Hopkins and John were present on the scoresheet. This time we managed to keep a clean sheet as well as we recorded back to back victories.
    Lowestoft 0-2 Solihull

As good a start as it could have been. Better than I expected if I am brutally honest. I didn't expect to be walking away from our tournament with the trophy that was for certain.
    I also didn;t expect the performance that we put in to start the season. I was hopeful, don't get me wrong but I expected there to be a bit of bedding in from the new signings. Hopkins especially has hit the ground running. Miles John has started the season well. They all have to be fair. I'm very proud of the start but I'm not getting over confident. It is very early in the marathon of the season.

The finances are not what I expected but maybe it was my maths previously that was off. I assumed the gate receipts would offset the wages. It seems I was quite out on my calculations.
    Income for the month amounted to just £15,491. EExpendture was quite a bit higher at £78,012.
    There was only one home game during the month granted but still quite a way off from break even. We'd need more than 3 home games a month, every month. That leaves the balance going the wrong way and back up to -£185,800.
    Last edited by ebfatz; 08-09-15 at 03:39 PM.

Bloody great start though mate - that Hopkins is gonna BANG them in

Good start for Hopkins indeed, especially against the youngsters of Chelsea!

Nice to see Solihull make an unbeaten start. Let's hope you can keep the form up and it'll draw in the crowds at home to help you make up the wage bill!

Great start in the league, Hopkins could go for big money before the season's out if he carries on like that!

Also, could the Make Money Cup be a less appropriate title?! 262 fans in the final!

It would be brilliant if you continued to have Make Money Cups with every club you manage.

KUTGW!

Getting my Solihull shirt with "Hopkins 10" on the back from the club shop tomorrow, hope my hard-earned cash will go some way towards offsetting the wage bill

Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    It would be brilliant if you continued to have Make Money Cups with every club you manage.
    Love this idea

Stories Mod

September 2015

6 league games this month. So I will get my three home games. Let's see if we can break even.

Transfers

Simon Gilbert - free transfer

Signed after Murray got injured and Melligan suspended. He looks like a decent enough player and will get some games at some point I've no doubt. Part time contract at £190 a week makes the deal even better.

Matches and Roundup

Hopkins was unfit after failing to recover fully from the previous game. First of all I wasn't sure why and I was hoping that he wasn't going to be one of those players that could only play every other game. Then I worked it out. On signing, he had been put in the reserves so he was playing extra games. He'd bagged a few in reserve games but I needed him fit for the league so he was promoted to stop this happening in the future.
    Ian Pulman replaced Hopkins to make his debut.
    Again we played well. Again Miles John scored and Pulman also bagged one in his first game for the club. We couldn't keep our clean sheet this time though as our opponents Hednesford pulled one back but we were comfortable enough in the win.
    Solihull 2-1 Hednesford

A trip to the south coast and Margate followed and we went into it with a lot of confidence. Three wins from three was a great start for us and we were all eager for it to continue.
    Hopkins was fully fit so returned in place of Pulman who could see himself unlucky to be dropped considering he scored on debut.
    It took Hopkins just half an hour to prove I was right to recall him as he swept home to open the scoring. Despite many other chances we could not add to it but the one goal was enough to extend the 100% start.
    Margate 0-1 Solihull

We were back at home for the next one and again against a south coast Kentish side as Dover came to visit. An unchanged side was named and I was more confident of getting a result in this one than I had been in any league game so far this season. Dover had started slowly and were without a win in their four games to date.
    Maybe the players took it for granted too as we were a goal down at half time. Midway through the second, JJ Melligan equalised and as that goal went in, I made a double substitution. Pulman came on for the tiring Hopkins and Ronan Murray for the off form Micah Ince.
    And it was Murray who scored his first career goal three minutes from time to complete the comeback and again add another game to our 100% record. Hyde, who had also been 100% to this point could only draw so we were top of the league and out alone for the very first time.
    Solihull 2-1 Dover

Three days later and it was in fact Hyde that visited the Autotech. This would be a big one and would give me some kind of indication of where we were and what the new players could actually do. We had done well so far but we had not played anyone that were top 5 as it stands. A side that would be pushing for promotion.
    Murray's goal would have earned him a start ahead of Ince who had been poor in the last two games. But he picked up a twisted knee injury before the game so it was Macauley Shillito who came in for his first game of the season instead.
    Hyde were up for it from the off and quickly scored. We came back into it after that and scored an equaliser through full back Ian Barnes. This didn't stop Hyde though and they grabbed two further goals before frustration got the better of Melligan who got sent off for kicking an opponent. And this was all before 42 minutes had passed!
    The sending off seemed to spur my team though as they turned a 3-1 deficit into a 3-3 scoreline as Shillito and Jeremy Balmy took us to half time level.
    The second half had twists and turns just like the first. Hyde scored again to retake the lead. I decided to replace Hopkins up front with Pulman as he looked tired. Pulman lasted a grand total of 4 minutes before having to go off injured. I ended the game with a midfielder filling in as striker and chasing the game but to no avail and we suffered our first defeat of the season.
    Solihull 3-4 Hyde

The news was not good. Melligan received a 1 match ban for his sending off. I knew what was coming though and as expected, a disciplinary panel sat a couple of days later and gave him an extra seven matches. It was bad for Pulman as well as the diagnosis came back that he had torn a groin muscle and would be out for three months.

Micah Ince was recalled into the midfield to replace Melligan and with Pulman out, it meant a chance for another forward. I decided to give a chance on the bench to 15 year old Wayne Berry. Stalybridge were the opponents and we were away from home. We needed to effectively get back on the horse after the disappointment of the Hyde defeat. We had showed some heart in coming back into that game, especially with a man less.
    Lightening struck twice as we had a man sent off in the 42nd minute for the second game in a row. This time it was centre back Aaron Grogan who received his marching orders. It was another deserved one as Grogan lunged in two footed on his opponent. Another player on a lengthy ban to come.
    I decided not to bring on an extra defender and left Grimes to play at the back on his own.
    I was livid at Grogan at half time. There was no need for the tackle and I let him know about it. We were not going to rest back though. I sent them out looking for a goal and we got it 11 minutes from time when Jeremy Balmy scored. We were heartbroken at the end though as they equalised in injury time to salvage a draw and steal two points from us.
    Stalybridge 1-1 Solihull

As it turned out the disciplinary committee must have taken pity on us as Grogan was only banned for a further two games making it three games he would miss. As with Melligan before him, he was fined a weeks wage. Unlike Melligan though who accepted his fine, Grogan was not happy and stated his feelings so to me.
    Emmet Delfouneso was the man to come in at the back for the visit to Torquay United in the only change. I thought about resting Balmy but after his goal, I couldn't drop him.
    Torquay are a pretty big side at this level and we knew we had a test ahead of us.
    In short, we were poor. They scored early on and we never looked like getting back into it. One good point was Wayne Berry got half an hour for a bit of experience but overall it was not a good day at the office.
    Torquay 1-0 Solihull

Great start to the month. A great start and briefly we found ourselves sitting proudly at the top of the table. The number of games caught up with us and we tailed off somewhat. I was happy with the lads though and I told them so at the end of the month. The only downpoints were the loss of players on a regular basis. Melligan, Grogan, Murray, Pulman would all be missing going into October.
    The finances were something that was not good. Three home games made me think that the club may have a chance of making a fair bit of money in the month. Attendances of 680, 650 and 1416 put paid to that as the fans just did not turn out.
    Considering that 2500 turned up for our away game at Torquay, we need to find a way to up the fans turning up at home games.
    We made just £24,714 in the month. This really isn't enough to keep us going. Especially considering that we spent £76,207. Three times as much going out than there was coming in. That's not good in any line of business and this will more than likely continue unless more fans start turning up.

The closing balance at the end of the month was -£244,098. I think its best I focus on the football side instead of the business side.

Free Pie for "Bring your mate to the game" day?

The County Championship

Gilbert look decent enough

Great start with some wins - that Hyde match was a killer though - not just the scoreline but ban (did you appeal?) and Pullman injury

Jeez - another red card - assume tackling is on 'high'?!

Very nicely position in league - couple of bad results towards end of month tho

1416 was quite a jump - suppose that was the Hyde (top of table clash?!)

for a decent team for an away cup tie!

Stories Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Great start with some wins - that Hyde match was a killer though - not just the scoreline but ban (did you appeal?) and Pullman injury

Jeez - another red card - assume tackling is on 'high'?!

1416 was quite a jump - suppose that was the Hyde (top of table clash?!)
    Didn't appeal either one after reading the match reports. If I'm honest, I've never seen such a small ban on 'Welsh League' rules as Grogans so I'm happy with that.

Yep the larger attendance was because we were 1st and 3rd at the time of the game.

Tackling is on hard. The only way my teams know how to play!

Great start to the month, shame about the end. Red cards have cost you some points.

Gutted that you're not getting the numbers into the ground. I'm sure that if you stay around the top and get some consistency going, they'll soon flock in

Can only echo what the others have said. Good start, but the 4-3 loss and the red cards were turning points.

I quite like the attitude that you're losing money so you'll ignore finances and crack on!

Agree with you and the other commenters - success on the pitch should take care of the finances eventually, be it through prize money, larger attendences or promotion...

Stories Mod

October 2015

After last month's 6, we now have a seven league game month. It will be important to try and build on the start we have made and keep us, at the very least, safe in the top half, anything better than that would be a good bonus. If we could stay in and around the promotion spots, I'd be very happy.

Transfers

No one in or out this month as no bids have come in and no one needed to come in at this stage.

Matches and Roundup

First game of the month pitted us against Harrogate who had also started the season well. They had only lost once in 7 and only conceded 5 in that time. I had a decision to make in the forward department as young Wayne Berry had worked his way up to a spot on the bench. He unfortunately suffered a groin strain on the eve of the game so David Moyo returned to the matchday squad. Apart from that, it was an unchanged side which took the field.
    We actually had the better of the first half and had a couple of close penalty appeals turned down before Harrogate took a lead. We had the better of the second half as well and it was all that we deserved when Hopkins levelled things up 15 minutes from time.
    Solihull 1-1 Harrogate

Before our next game, away to Tamworth, I was informed we would need to squeeze another game into the month as the FA QQualifying Round was drawn. It had been said by some observers of the club that we would need a money spinning away tie to boost the finances. Telford Utd away could be as good as we can have hoped for in the round as their ground, New Bucks Head, holds 6,300. Will be an interesting test taking on the side managed by former Premier League footballer Gary Rowett.
    For Tamworth, we were again unchanged. I didn't have that many options to change things up to be brutally honest, but Ian Barnes at right back was especially playing for his position after a number of average displays.
    It was a dull game in truth. Hopkins scored on 70 minutes only for Lateef Elford-Alliyu equalised two minutes from time.
    Tamworth 1-1 Solihull

The two draws had kept us 5th but there was a gap opening up to those above us. We really needed a performance in the next one, which was another midweek game at home to Worcester City.
    Barnes was dropped after another poor performance with Alex Dean coming in. Dean has been looking to leave the club for some time citing he wants to move to a bigger club. He has garnered no interest so him having a run of games might trigger some. Aaron Grogan was back from suspension as well so took his place on the bench.
    It looked like another 1-1 was on the cards as Hopkins scored (again) before having it equalised by Worcester but on this occasion we battled hard for the three points as Micah Ince and them an Al Bangura strike secured the win.
    Solihull 3-1 Worcester

On to Telford and my first ever taste of cup competition as a manager. I had started to get used to standing in a dugout but now knowing that this was knockout football brought butterflies to my stomach. I'd heard all about the magic of the FA Cup but now I was able to feel it for myself.
    JJ Melligan was available as his league ban did not extend to the cup and he came in for Shillito. Shillito and Ian Barnes did make the bench though as I was allowed to name seven substitutes.

I frankly put across the point to the players. The point that a good cup run could increase our confidence, would give us better morale, not to mention could give us vital funds into the bank account with the right draw. The players seemed to take it on board. They went out fired up. I knew we had to be at our best as Telford were from the division above and were flying high up in third. We were underdogs but we had a chance to take a scalp.
    We seemed like we didn't take it. We were two down within 9 minutes. But I've seen the spirit of this team before and they showed it again as they fought for their lives and turned it round to lead 3-2 at half time. Goals coming from the usual suspects of Hopkins, Ince and Balmy.
    We would have won but for an own goal by captain Jamie Grimes but it means a replay and that could mean more money. I had actually contemplated dropping Grimes for the game as his performances had been a little below par. Wish I had now.
    Telford 3-3 Solihull

The news of a replay did not mean it would be another game to play this month as our league clash with Chorley was re-arranged until November. We also knew our reward for winning the replay would be a home tie against Division Three Cheltenham. Before all that though, it was back to league action and a trip to Nuneaton.
    Shillito returned as Melligan continued his suspension. And I made the difficult decision of dropping my captain. He had been poor but dropping your captain is a big step. I hoped it wouldn't backfire on me. Grogan came in, centre back partner Emmet Delfouneso took the armband.
    Jeremy Balmy scored his 5th of the season and it was plain sailing from there. We maybe should have added a few more for goal difference purposes but the three points were most important.
    Nuneaton 0-1 Solihull

Neil Lennon was fired by Bolton so I thought I would through my hat in the ring for fun knowing I had no chance of getting it. I continued to focus my attention on Solihull and in particular the next tie, Bradford PA at home. Jan Bakke for Miles John was the only change. Balmy needed a rest but he had been playing so well, I couldn't drop him. The Bakke move paid dividends straight away as he scored the opener and when Balmy finally ran out of juice, his replaceent David Moyo scored the last goal of the day. Hopkins and Delfouneso scored in between to give us a very convincing win.
    Solihull 4-1 Bradford PA

Bolton went with Graham Rix which left the Notts County job available but I decided not to go for that one. I was fully focused back on the FA Cup and securing a win over Telford. We knew it would be tough again but hopefully we would make a better start than we did against them last time and could build on that. I enforced the fact that we needed to be solid for the first 10 or 15 minutes. I went in unchanged although Hopkins could probably have done with missing it but I couldn't go in without him.

We made it through the first 20 unscathed and actually took the lead through Al Bangura but Telford equalised quickly after. Nothing doing in the second half and that meant extra time. Hopkins had already been subbed off but this would affect fitness of the rest of the team as well. I got the point across in the change round that one goal would win it. To push for it and to get it.
    I was right. Unfortunately, it wasn't us that got it as Telford scored the decisive goal in the 116th minute to send them through and us out of the FA Cup.
    Solihull 1-2 Telford (AET)

The final match of the month saw us take on Barrow away. It was only three days after the cup and extra time. Everyone was knackered. If I could have changed all eleven, I would have.
    In the end, Murphy in goal and Bangura in the defensive midfield position kept their spots. There were nine changes. It was very much a second string but with Barrow currently occupying one of the two relegation spots in the division, I was still confident of getting a positive result.
    After 5 minutes, it was clear that the players that had come in were rusty and were lacking match practice. Passes were going astray, shots were wayward. There was no fluency. And we were made to pay. Barrow scored and honestly we never looked like getting back into it. Add in the fact that recalled captain Jamie Grimes got himself sent off meaning a probable lengthy ban and David Moyo twisting his ankle and facing a month on the sidelines and it really wasn't a good day at the office.
    Barrow 1-0 Solihull

With only the cup replay showing in the loss column, it's been a good month. It was a slow start with a couple of draws but I was really happy we upped our game with a couple of big wins. Things are going relatively well. We are where I hoped we would be on my scale and we are still in and around the promotion places. In fact, winning our game will lift us level with them. Hopkins continues to impress. Micah Ince as well. On the flip side, Grimes has let me down and we wait and see how many games he will miss. Moyo's injury doesn't help us either.

Finances wise, we actually ended up with four home games in the month. Attendances of 751, 767, 1275 and 2137 are improving. Over 2000 in the cup replay was a good tonic. If only we had stayed in.

With this, it meant we made an amount of £71,768. This is a great figure for income and even better it almost offset the expenditure, which came in at £77,305.
    That means a loss of just £5,535 over the course of the month. It doesn't actually improve our position as we are still at -£255,316.

With the cup gone, I think the only chances of getting out of debt this season has already gone.

Decent month, although extra time in the cup really wiped you out for the Barrow game. Horror show from Grimes though!

Very good month in league - shame the last game you were fatigued as hell!

Gutted about the cup - thought you may have sneaked it at home

Gutted you didn't make it in the FA Cup, a good run and some award money would have been a big boost for you. That beating seemed to have an effect on the defeat in the next game. All in all, a decent month though

Stories Mod

November 2015

The dark winter nights are drawing in but we still have a job to do and need to try and keep digging out the results. Just the six league games this month. Four of them at home so money could be good come months end.

Transfers

Jon Goodman, our scout, attracted some attention from Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Swindon, Reading, Walsall, Portsmouth, Coventry and Huddersfield.

Matches and Roundup

The month started with a home game against Gainsborough. Grimes suspension was, up until the day of the game, not extended. Grogan came in for Grimes at the back. The rest of the first team also returned including Melligan who's suspension had finished. Hopkins and Melligan celebrated their returns with a goal each before Miles John got in on the act. Gainsborough pulled two goals back before half time but Jeremy Balmy scored late in the second half to secure the points.
    Solihull 4-2 Gainsborough

Notts County appointed Jimmy Nicholl as their new manager meaning the Luton Town job was up for grabs. This one I did apply for. I was more than enjoying the way my Solihull team were playing but the possible chance to jump two divisions to 3rd in the Third Division might be too good to pass up. They will more likely pass me up but I couldn't not apply.
    The second home game in a row was Leamington. I decided to go in unchanged even though Grimes had got away with just a one match ban. Ashley Buswell got his first of the season and Melligan scored again before Micah Ince grabbed our third seven minutes from time. A comfortable win.
    Solihull 3-0 Leamington

We are playing really well. I have got my team playing in a really exciting attacking manner and the players seem to be enjoying it. Those that are playing anyway. Will need to keep an eye on the ones on the fringes to keep their morale happy. I'm sure I will need them at some point. The FA Trophy Second Round draw took place after the Leamington game and paired us with non league Ashton United. A trip to the South Coast was next on the agenda for us as we travelled to Dover. We'd already beaten them this season so we were confident on doing the double. Miles John and Andy Hopkins gave us a first half lead and although Dover pulled on back, Jeremy Balmy wrapped up the points for our third straight win of the month. If we kept this up, there might be a Manager of the Month award winging my way.
    Dover 1-3 Solihull

Then, the call came.
    It came directly from Nick Owen, the chairman of Luton Town. Formally lead presenter on the original national breakfast television show 'Good Morning Britain' and currently a presenter on Midlands Today, the BBC regional television news programme for the West Midlands.

"I'll cut to the chase." he said.
    "We've been watching your progress with Solihull and are impressed. We've obviously just lost our manager who has moved on. And we have looked at your application for said vacant role.
    We want to offer you that role."

I was shocked. I thought maybe I had a 10% chance of even being considered, even less of being the man they would look to select to be their next manager.
    I was flattered, more than flattered. It showed to me that I was obviously doing something right at Solihull.
    But Luton were what you would call something of a sleeping giant. They won the League Cup in 1988 and have played FA Cup Finals. They have had seasons in the top flight and only missed out on being founder members of the English Premier League by a matter of two points having being relegated at the end of the 1991-92 season.
    They had dropped like a stone after that and had had a period in non league football themselves. Things could have been very different for Luton Town if they had stayed up that season.

I was torn. The Dover win had actually taken my team to the top of the Northern Premier. All be in it by goal difference and tied with three other sides. We did have a game in hand though.
    Luton were 6th in their division. Playoff places. The difference was they were two divisions higher than Solihull were.
    Challenging for promotion to the Conference or to the Second Division.

I'm putting it out there. What should I do? What would you do?

The County Championship

Firstly - great month and fantastic news being top of league and playing well

I guess the decision is 2-fold

Surely you leaving and doing a decent job at Luton will open doors easier for more clubs (bigger with decent transfer kitty) for the whole point of this challenge
    What is Luton squad like and finances? Looks like you could give a real go for promotion

How many clubs in the Luton county and Solihull county - think of that as well?

Would be nice if you to get success at Solihull but even though a great start the finances are poor and if you don't get a trophy then could be hard going forward and will you get such a job offer again?

Do you have any affinity to Solihull?
    I guess this is the main question - if not, jump ship and be bold!
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 22-09-15 at 09:40 AM.

Tough choice. As Redders mentioned, would you need to comeback to Solihull at some stage?

But . . . taking over Luton and winning more accelerates the rate at which your reputation increases, giving you access to more jobs.

For the objective of the story, I'd move

It backfired for me at Chesterfield but I still got promotion and had over a season in the Premiership!

You should definitely move on though so that you'll then have 2 counties ticked off on your list

Mind you, if you're actually staying at each club until you win something then you've really got to stay!

I thought the counties could only be "ticked off" when he won something with a team from that county? So - Solihull county would not be ticked off if he moved?

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast