Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everything there is to know about training - by The Eejit

thom_raindog Unattached
    Well, thank you. THAT was help full

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Wow, just noticed this, seems a little small compared to the old site where we all had various training regimes & downloads available (including the one I use).

Out of interest and seeing as the thread is no longer here, what do people reckon is the best training schedule?

I know some swear by general but i find players don't develop as much as other training schedules and using general over many years makes the players worse on a non patch game imo.
    Read the first post. What I said was that the following schedules affect these attributes .....

Fitness : Acceleration, Agility, Jumping, Pace, Stamina, Strength and Reflexes
    Shooting : Finishing and Long Shots
    Skill : Crossing, Dribbling, Heading, Passing, Set Pieces, Tackling and Technique
    Tactics : Decisions, Marking, Off the Ball, Positioning and Teamwork
    Goalkeeping : Handling

Aggresion, Anticipation, Balance, Bravery, Creativity, Determination, Flare, Influence and Work Rate as well as all the hidden attributes are not affected by any training.

So, for training, look at the player and see what they need to improve on most and give them more of that. So, if you have 2 strikers, one who needs to improve finishing and one who needs to improve heading, put them on different schedules - Shooting intensive and Skill intensive.

There is no magic program that is a one size fits all.

vCash
    It's good that "flare" attribute is not going up

vCash
    another great thread, this forum keeps getting better and better

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunglefish For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    Skill : Crossing, Dribbling, Heading, Passing, Set Pieces, Tackling and Technique

Aggresion, Anticipation, Balance, Bravery, Creativity, Determination, Flare, Influence and Work Rate as well as all the hidden attributes are not affected by any training.

Wish I can memorize this

vCash
    You could create an image with this info on it, then make the game display said image on the training screen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLocke For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ok, I haven't finished reading all the way through your experiments yet, but I have a theory as to why high discipline in a coach might result in more frequent training absentees...

Perhaps, the coach is "more strict" in reporting the incident to the manager? However, with training absentees there is always a problem with condition after the event, so maybe the theory is not sound.

vCash

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    There appears to be no research into whether coaching mentality has any effect on players development. I swear by using fitness minded coaches for my fitness training and technical minded coaches to do my skill training... etc... I cycle my training so that players are usually on general but get moved onto a different regime if they start to lose some attributes.

In all of my current saves I have very few red training attributes. I wish I had the time to see if the mentality had any further effect, but other than that this seems pretty comprehensive.

vCash
    I know I'm new here but a lot of the information you have provided on coaching was explained fully in the CM3 stratergy guide, ie: which stats improve under which training schedule and which stats correspond to each training schedule.

vCash
    isnt the training types different in cm3 tho?

vCash
    I just found this forum and haven't read all the topics yet,so forgive me if there is already a similar with mine collection.
    I play cm0102 for several years and I always have the same problem. Almost all my players get slower. My last example is a striker with 20 accelaration and within one season lowered to 17.
    This happens with almost every single player. What do I do wrong?

vCash
    You playing with a Tapani patch applied? Haven't noticed it happening much without one.

If not,the other thing could be your training facilities have 'Awful' status players get worse.

And having them all on the same regime may not help also. Everything on medium means the same time is going into say defensive improvement (Tactics) as speed improve or maintenance (Fitness).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redknight1983 View Post
    I just found this forum and haven't read all the topics yet,so forgive me if there is already a similar with mine collection.
    I play cm0102 for several years and I always have the same problem. Almost all my players get slower. My last example is a striker with 20 accelaration and within one season lowered to 17.
    This happens with almost every single player. What do I do wrong?
    All of the fitness attributes are difficult and it is impossible to maintain at very high levels. With them - Acceleration, Agility, Jumping, Pace, Stamina, Strength and Reflexes - you need to have them training with Fitness set to intensive even to maintain high values. The problem with that is that the players are then too tired to actually be able to play. It does help if the players are getting a regular game (for everything, regular match time is better than any training), but there is no solution that I know of

vCash
    Thank you guys for helping! I'll try some training advices that found here. I tried to put some players to intensive fitness but as Eejit says they get tired often. Thanks again

vCash
    It has prompted me to think about another test. Training v Match time. I'll have a think about that.

vCash
    What I remember the old book saying was...
    Adaptability = ability to learn foreign languages, no influence on training (and visible stat for staff but hidden for players)
    coaching outfield = boost outfield player stats
    coaching goalkeepers = boosts goalkeepers
    Discipline = boost discipline training
    Tactical knowledge = boost tactical training
    coaching youngsters = boost skill training (which is therefore very misleading)
    motivation/man management/determination = I cant remember if it said anything
    I'm certain it didnt actually go into details of how/how much benefit it gave
    the skills boosted by each training was laid out exactly as you have repeated meaning no change since the first game using the engine, therefore I realised the default attack training did naff all except for finishing and long shots (and penalties?) so I immediately put all outfield players in intensive skills training
    similarly for goalkeepers, the training only boosts one stat, handling (and one-on-ones?) which is why as a default all goalkeepers go into the red in training, so as agility/jumping and most of all POSITIONING is key to a goalkeeper, I put them in intensive fitness training too.
    Defenders for positioning/strength I also put in intensive fitness (positioning/off the ball are in literal terms interchangeable, within the game positioning refers to your DEFENSIVE positioning when not with the ball, off-the-ball is OFFENSIVE positioning when not with the ball)

as I said I chucked the book when I decided to bin the game, as I am now playing the game again I am going to buy another book off ebay, only the actual 01/02 edition and not the first version

also wasnt there a final CM3 engine game CM02/03 that was Xbox only?

vCash
    yeah cm02/03 for the xbox was the last cm3 game. I liked it, was like 01/02 with some fixes and increased media. Was a bit harder as well. Only problem was it forced you to retire and end the game after 20 years.

vCash
    Ive still got the book, stumbled across it a few months ago. Its in pristine condition, available to the highest bidder. Also been signed by To Madeira

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    the thing I remember most about the book is all the annoying quotes from Keegan and Robson

vCash
    recently, i've found that many of my young players (ages 15-16) have been struggling to get 100% conditioning during the first three or four months of the season. the only way i've managed to overcome this is have them doing minimal training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    recently, i've found that many of my young players (ages 15-16) have been struggling to get 100% conditioning during the first three or four months of the season. the only way i've managed to overcome this is have them doing minimal training.
    If I ever have a problem with players not being able to reach 100% fitness, I put all training down to minimal, and fitness training to intense.

vCash
    ok I went and bought the book and it says...

Fitness : Acceleration, Agility, Jumping, Pace, Stamina, Strength and Reflexes +natural fitness
    Shooting : Finishing and Long Shots +penalties
    Skill : Crossing, Dribbling, Heading, Passing, Set Pieces, Tackling and Technique +corners, preferred foot, free kicks -set pieces (this isnt true, as you proved Set Pieces are included)
    Goalkeeping : Handling +one on ones
    Last edited by ilovesanmarino; 13-06-13 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    hello

does the book speak about staff?

thanks

vCash
    yes, but it doesnt offer anything too useful I'm afraid. Research already done here by clever people has revealed a lot of important stuff and while the book says what does what, it in no way gives details of how much which is something I myself would test if I was half as clever as the researchers already. Also I am lazy.

Also the book makes a few slight contradictions which what it says.

Adaptability
    it says this is used by players to learn foreign languages, and here it says it is the same for staff. However elsewhere it says for Assistant Manager (AM) it is also used to TEACH foreign languages to players.

Coaching goalkeepers
    bonus to training goalkeepers, it implies but is not specific that this is players of GK position and not the training routine, meaning this stat will boost all goalkeeper stats, but obviously this depends on training routine, and in effect it would be almost identical anyway

coaching outfield players
    bonus to to coaching SW/D/DM/M/AM/F/S positions ("the greatest single impact on the effectiveness of your training")

Determination
    bonus to coaching + number of players found scouting

judging player ability
    scouts accurately report players with high CA

judging player potential
    scouts accurately report players with high PA

Level of discipline
    bonus to fitness training, bonus to physiotherapy

man management
    bonus to all training and physiotherapy

motivating
    bonus to all training and physiotherapy

physiotherapy
    treating injured players

tactical knowledge
    bonus to tactics training

working with youngsters
    bonus to skills training (+AM only, making young players increase CA to PA)

coaching style/preferred formation/preferred style
    only used by managers

the AM controls the reserves so he acts as a manager, including judging CA/PA to pick players, but thats all rather irrelevant isnt it?

it says nothing about scouts nationality, which I have heard many people use.

what is also odd is that Physios in the game only have adaptability, determination, discipline and skills as variables, all others including man-management are always the same as each other and presumably based on the physios CA, but the book says it is not skills that they use but man-management.
    Last edited by ilovesanmarino; 14-06-13 at 11:53 PM.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast