Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Jesus' Modern ODB Database

vCash

'Jesus' Modern ODB Database

Jesus Database

So after messing around with the excellent insert tool that JohnLocke had written a while ago I went about creating my own personal update. This update is based on the .60 data and features all the original players as well as today's most well known players.

Player Selection Criteria

I used the April 2015 update as my base and filtered out players who were born on or after 1983 (after amending their date of birth) as well as those who have a World Reputation of 90 or more. I then inserted those players in to my database with their attributes from the April 2015 update. All players then had their home, current and world reputations amended as well as their CA (I kept the PA values that the April 2015 had). In addition, I made every player I inserted a free transfer (I may amend this in future but for now I wanted to get the players sorted). In total I have added 559 new players to the database, all of which you will know.

Leagues Covered

- England
    - France
    - Germany
    - Italy
    - Spain
    - Scotland

Swedish League

Unfortunately there's an error with the Swedish league which makes it unplayable (CM0102 crashes when setting up a new game). I don't know how to resolve the error either so for the foreseeable Sweden will be unplayable. If anyone would like to help me please feel free to have a look here

Download

V1.7 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5P...ew?usp=sharing

What Next?

I have yet to start a career game with this but have done some very light testing (I holiday'd to January to see where players ended up). What I need from anyone who decides to give this a whirl is your feedback. I know I will have missed some players out and there may even be duplicated players so your feedback would be invaluable to helping me keep this database fresh.

Credits & Thank You's

- Championship Manager 01/02 update team
    - JohnLocke
    - ArchibaldUK
    - djole2mcloud

Enjoy!

Screenshots

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Jesus; 11-10-15 at 01:27 AM.

vCash
    How to use this database, Jesus
    Tks a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluep View Post
    How to use this database, Jesus
    Tks a lot
    Download the database and drag and drop the contents of the zip file in to your data folder within the Championship Manager 01-02 directory.

vCash
    "Neymar's appearance at the age of 8 is a new Premier League record"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlo View Post
    "Neymar's appearance at the age of 8 is a new Premier League record"
    Shape your own destiny I suppose! I like to think of this database as a way of keeping longevity in your career games. You start with the old legends and see the likes of Batistuta, Vieiri and Shevchenko retire and then the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar burst on go the scene to keep the interest fresh. Alternatively you could hoover up all that young talent and nurture them in to a record-breaking powerhouse.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got a new work laptop so this can be my new game there

vCash
    Great work, just a couple of things I've noticed; Torres is in the db twice, and Fernando Llorente is an MC. Thats just me nitpicking and not criticism, it's incredible work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    Great work, just a couple of things I've noticed; Torres is in the db twice, and Fernando Llorente is an MC. Thats just me nitpicking and not criticism, it's incredible work.
    I shall fix this when I can, this is exactly what I wanted to hear back from people. Keep the comments flowing.

EDIT: Fixed and re-uploaded.
    Last edited by Jesus; 15-08-15 at 02:29 PM.

vCash
    would you have a list of all the players you have added please? i dont want to have to search through the entire list of players looking for all the added ones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunglefish View Post
    would you have a list of all the players you have added please? i dont want to have to search through the entire list of players looking for all the added ones
    Spoiler!

vCash
    You've created a monster

vCash

vCash
    OMG this is amazing, thank you so much! Couple of duplicates for ya...
    Van Persie
    Tevez
    Mascherano
    Huntelaar
    Robben

Can't imagine the amount of time this must of took you.

Thanks again!

vCash
    Yaya Toure and Pablo Zabaleta are in there twice too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyb543 View Post
    OMG this is amazing, thank you so much! Couple of duplicates for ya...
    Van Persie
    Tevez
    Mascherano
    Huntelaar
    Robben

Can't imagine the amount of time this must of took you.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by colml View Post
    Yaya Toure and Pablo Zabaleta are in there twice too
    Thanks for finding these lads, I appreciate. V1.3 now has these corrected.

Does anyone want a particular league or any particular players adding?

vCash
    Can anyone add this to the downloads section?

I tried to do it myself but got stuck when uploading the file... Not sure if it's a permissions issue?

vCash
    Does it not still have an error with Sweden?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Does it not still have an error with Sweden?
    Unfortunately yes. I couldn't resolve it though. I'll update the OP to reflect this until I can fix it but right now I haven't a clue where to start.

vCash
    So I finally got in to a career game after a long time not playing CM0102. I'm playing with one restriction and that is if a bid comes in for my player over his market value then I must accept it. This has led to some heartbreak over the four seasons I've played so far but it has also helped keep my squad fresh and also my interest in the game (especially trying to find someone to replace a star player that has just been poached).

Season One

I started my career game at my favourite team Manchester City and was tasked with getting promotion in the first season. I would be playing the first season with a non-wib/wob 442 that I have developed over time and has brought me success in the past. I didn't waste any time in the transfer market and brought in a number of new players that I felt fitted my system. These transfers helped to fill out a thin squad and we finished the season in first place winning 33 games, drawing 7 and losing 6. We set a new record of 106 points as well as scoring 105 goals.

Season Two

So we had made it to the Premier League and I knew my squad wasn't anywhere near good enough to secure a mid-table spot, the board expected us to battle bravely against relegation but I had bigger expectations. We had amassed quite a war-chest from sales throughout the previous season and I spent £20.5million bringing in twelve players in readiness for our maiden season in the top flight; noteable signings included Nicolas Anelka and Vincent Kompany as well as a number of other players who would help bulk out the squad. We performed much better than I had anticipated and we battled to 6th place which meant European football for the first time next season! We also managed to make it to the League Cup final however we were demolished by a rampant Manchester United side.

Season Three

We were relatively quiet in the transfer window of season three mainly down to the fact that I felt we had a fairly competitive and substantial squad to help us push on and secure another top half finish. Our only missing piece of the puzzle came in the form of a world-class attacking midfielder and when Andrés Iniesta became available I didn't waste any time at all in snapping him up for a bargain £3.5million. Iniesta helped transform the midfield and we finished one better than last time in fifth place. We also had success in the FA cup and beat Newcastle 2-1 in the final. Unfortunately Europe seemed a bit of a step too much and we crashed out in the second round.

Season Four

With two top six finishes under our belts I strengthened some key areas further by bringing in three defenders and two strikers. Our most notable signing this transfer window was the acquisition of Michael Owen from Liverpool for a whopping £30million. I had been conservative the season before with my spending but with Owen interested in a move to Manchester I couldn't pass up the opportunity and he became our most expensive signing in our history (he more than repaid me by scoring 26 goals in a two striker formation ). I also tweaked my tactics for this season and played a more defensive 4141 away from home but this tactic was used less and less towards the back end of the season when we needed results. We began the season strongly with a win over Arsenal in the Charity shield. In the league we occupied the top six spots all season and at one point we even had a brief spell at the top of the table; however the wheels fell off in some games which we should have really won and we finished in 3rd place, seven points being Newcastle in second and eight points behind the champions Manchester United. Despite the unfortunate end to the league we did finish strongly in Europe and we beat Bordeaux 2-0 to give us our first taste of success in Europe.

Manager Stats

League Progress

Players

Current Squad

Last edited by Jesus; 24-08-15 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    Is there any chance you'll be doing the Scottish league? Going to give this a download and play, looks really good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordann View Post
    Is there any chance you'll be doing the Scottish league? Going to give this a download and play, looks really good!
    I certainly can do. I'll do it tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordann View Post
    Version 1.4 is now live and includes Scotland.

vCash
    A bit like Windows 10 - maybe I'll hold on for future updated version

KUTGW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Version 1.4 is now live and includes Scotland.
    Thanks! Can't wait to play this now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    A bit like Windows 10 - maybe I'll hold on for future updated version

KUTGW!
    I am taking requests 😄 I have to cover Holland and Portugal yet but at the moment I'm really enjoying my career game that I started so I haven't had the need to update it and nobody has requested it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast