Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 16

FIFA 16

Around 1 month until FIFA 16 comes out.

Who will be getting the game this year??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTk9Xpg5Lzs

Any new features you guys like the look of?

The only thing about the woman players I`m interested in is how will they be att wise

Hope they improved VP and UT. Seasons was great on 15

1 month to go!

The only reason Id buy it, is if they have scenes of the women players showering after the game!

I'll be keeping an eye out for a bundle to get a PS4 with it! Hope there's some good, affordable deals out there.

I was in the UT Beta and i wasnt overly impressed

Meh. can't even play women vs men. LOL.

Maybe will try demo first as pre-ordered PES 2016 .

Everybody knows you are going to buy it Info0 regardless of the demo.

Dear Coys I am not a fanboy of FIFA. If the demo proves my point that they haven't touched gameplay mechanics, I will not get it. Much better games come out... Even from EA (Live 16), NBA 2k16 is gonna be massive this year and I can see it taking good chunk of my time .

EA Sports should learn from 2K .

Btw Coys tried PES 2016 demo yet? (suggest turning pass assist to OFF and rest of assistance like Auto-Feint, Auto-Slide and other shit to off too ).

Dear Info0 are you just copying from what you posted the last what, 4 years, and just changing the dates?

No. Unless you're only seeing FIFA in front of your face and COD you're not really much of a gamer .

Info you will buy it. We had this same discussion 2 years ago when you promised you wouldn't buy it and then you did. Pes may well be a good game this year but you will still buy Fifa and you know it

And no I haven't tried pes but will give it a go

Save yourself the 3gb of hard drive space. I played 2, 3 matches today but couldnt get into it

Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    Save yourself the 3gb of hard drive space. I played 2, 3 matches today but couldnt get into it
    Is it really that bad?

It's ok, I just don't see a massive difference to FIFA. The gameplay is alright but not better. The player ratings and menu is worse.

Can I ask you lot a question? Let's put this PES vs FIFA thing aside and focus only on FIFA as a game.

I understand that its presentation is phenomenal, but aside from that I don't see what people see in it. The gameplay is pure arcade and there's no two ways about it. Unless you play on full manual (which only a tiny fraction of people do), ping pong passes are extremely easy to pull off, you can literally spam lofted through balls (L1+triangle) over and over again and they connect 90% of the time, often leading to 1-on-1, crosses+headers are pish easy to pull off and the attacker always has the advantage, the entire pace of play is insanely fast, it's all an endless end-to-end battle with no strategy, change of tempo or careful consideration what to do next with the ball.

This is not a dig nor am I a PES fan because God knows it has a laundry list of problems. I'm honestly curious why FIFA is so popular that it destroys PES every year if market figures are to judged by.

Because it is fun. We (I) wanna play a game that is plug and play. Easy and fun. Not a chore. Not a maze of this and that. Just sit down and enjoy if you have an hour or two.

Edit - Not played PES since 05-06

FIFA became amazing for a while, at the same time PES became shit. Although FIFA has dropped back since then, PES has never quite fully recovered, and they've also spent a lot less on marketing. Therefore FIFA gets all the attention.
    Last edited by Elgin_McQueen; 31-08-15 at 04:15 PM.

Blame EA Sports to be honest and locking out licenses. Something which shouldn't be possible for FAIR competition.

Something like that is NOT possible in USA sports (NHL, NBA, NFL) and competition is making better games than EA there (ok, NHL from EA is quite alright ).

PES 2015 started the climb back. PES 2016 is evolution of the formula. Much better, more responsive, AI is superior to FIFA. The presentation is lacking though, so are the licenses, but... PS4 Option Files and PC patches do exists (mind you PES 2015 OFs were NOT possible to make on PS4, but now Sony unlocked the file sharing system).

It's a matter of preference .

Might go for PES this year, didn;t plan to get the last FIFA, but then my bro gave to to me for xmas. Game pisses me off so badly, make your way up the pitch, lose the ball, watch the other team play pyschic pinball between all their players until the ball winds up in your box again, repeat.....

No game stresses me more than FIFA!! Along with their complete ineptitude at doing even the simple stuff like having the stats add up correctly. Let's see, my career player got 2 player of the month awards for this team, then he transferred to another team, got 4 player of the month awards there, so total for the season is... 3???????

I played the PES demo yesterday, and I was impressed with the leap it has made. But the 1 thing I cannot get over on PES is the graphics. Call me what you want, but PES graphics are up there with Fifa 12 (If that to be honest). I play games for numerous reasons and graphics is 1 of them (unless its Minecraft).

Regarding the leap forward, its still behind Fifa 15 for me, although Fifa 15 is not great.

I have already made my mind up and downloaded Fifa 16.

Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    Can I ask you lot a question? Let's put this PES vs FIFA thing aside and focus only on FIFA as a game.

I understand that its presentation is phenomenal, but aside from that I don't see what people see in it. The gameplay is pure arcade and there's no two ways about it. Unless you play on full manual (which only a tiny fraction of people do), ping pong passes are extremely easy to pull off, you can literally spam lofted through balls (L1+triangle) over and over again and they connect 90% of the time, often leading to 1-on-1, crosses+headers are pish easy to pull off and the attacker always has the advantage, the entire pace of play is insanely fast, it's all an endless end-to-end battle with no strategy, change of tempo or careful consideration what to do next with the ball.

This is not a dig nor am I a PES fan because God knows it has a laundry list of problems. I'm honestly curious why FIFA is so popular that it destroys PES every year if market figures are to judged by.
    Good question and Janis answered it perfectly. I don't play the game to adjust fucking sliders first. I want updated squads with real names and a game that is somewhat fun to play. I know that some of the passes you play aren't realistic but who cares.

I don't think I'll ever buy PES but I am on the fence this year regarding FIFA. I found FIFA 15 the worst FIFA in years. Lets see what the demo holds.

If PS4 will allow Option Files then club logos, kits, club names etc. is no problem. Player names are already under FIFPro license, so they are all real. Squad updates are done once a week too in PES since last year. Plus they continue for longer than FIFA .

The "no licenses and real names" part I never really understood since it takes literally 3 clicks and 5 mins of your time to have it all on PES.

The "pick up and play, easy and fun" part I understand completely, though. Cheers for the replies, lads.

The shooting on FIFA 15 was abysmal.

I found the goalkeepers abysmal tbh

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast