Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 2.21 Beta

vCash
    I've had a save running for the past few nights with the .68 db on normal, a 2015 start and all the leagues/sub-leagues selected. It's reached 2039 without a single error which is fantastic, must be a lot of those underappreciated reliablity fixes as usually something will pop up in a vanilla .68 by now.

All of the competitions are running (domestic/continental/international) without a hitch too, bar a couple of the usual suspects. The Asian continental competitions third place playoff games caused their demise, while the FIFA Club World Championship was brought to a halt because of the German Cup interfering with the Semi Final/Final draw dates, resulting in the Final not being drawn properly. It should be easy to reschedule the German Cup fixtures: it's the only real cup competition in an 18 team league, with all ties being one legged with no replays. So there should be plenty of free dates available.

The regens still look great, can't wait to play a long career game with them.

I'm a bit torn with the finances. The market looks spot on with regards to player values, maybe some good but not great players can get their values overinflated due to some good performances in Europe, but I suppose this is true IRL too. I think that wages are a bit too high, although this could be a case of me not being used to paying 2015 levels so I'm still undecided overall on this. I think that finances will need a lot of feedback, and probably a lot of playing before people can even provide feedback. Hopefully the new update will solve that problem.

For the AI, I had a browse around the top leagues and looked at clubs' finances, shown below.
    Spoiler!

So it's mainly only Italy and Spain that have issues, but clubs there always seem to struggle financially. A few 'Okay' there clubs have the tell-tale sign of Awful Facilities that points to previous positions of Bankruptcy. English clubs are rich because of their TV money, German clubs because of their expanded stadiums (a bug?), not sure what the French, Portuguese and Turkish clubs are doing right.

-

I think that 2.21-test2 should make the game much more playable - the Spanish window pretty much prevented any non-EU transfers, both buying and selling, which became very frustrating. I like the idea of tracking reputation to ability - I used to do that manually in CMExplorer whenever changing jobs. Could you disable the AI from checking the PA of potential managers altogether? PA freezes once you become a manager so it's a bit pointless for them to look at a value which will never be attained (well, human managers can now attain it I guess). It could even allow non-players with a high PA to become assistants/coaches/scouts - positions where their PA can be reached. A couple of years later and now with a high CA they can then potentially be chosen as managers again by the AI - but this time they'll be 'ready'.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    German clubs because of their expanded stadiums (a bug?)
    what do you mean? how much expanded?

vCash
    i am promote from youth team , need offer contract please and thanks tapani for the patches great job

vCash
    what about starting in 2015...Yugoslavia is already qualified for the EURO champ...is this a bug?
    checked through editor and Yugoslavia is active (continent-Europe)...tried setting continent to none but still,game at start always picking Yugoslavia for the Euro champ...while Serbia is already active inside the game

I've had a save running for the past few nights with the .68 db on normal, a 2015 start and all the leagues/sub-leagues selected. It's reached 2039 without a single error which is fantastic, must be a lot of those underappreciated reliablity fixes as usually something will pop up in a vanilla .68 by now.

All of the competitions are running (domestic/continental/international) without a hitch too, bar a couple of the usual suspects. The Asian continental competitions third place playoff games caused their demise, while the FIFA Club World Championship was brought to a halt because of the German Cup interfering with the Semi Final/Final draw dates, resulting in the Final not being drawn properly. It should be easy to reschedule the German Cup fixtures: it's the only real cup competition in an 18 team league, with all ties being one legged with no replays. So there should be plenty of free dates available.

I'm a bit torn with the finances. The market looks spot on with regards to player values, maybe some good but not great players can get their values overinflated due to some good performances in Europe, but I suppose this is true IRL too. I think that wages are a bit too high, although this could be a case of me not being used to paying 2015 levels so I'm still undecided overall on this. I think that finances will need a lot of feedback, and probably a lot of playing before people can even provide feedback. Hopefully the new update will solve that problem.

For the AI, I had a browse around the top leagues and looked at clubs' finances, shown below.
    Spoiler!

So it's mainly only Italy and Spain that have issues, but clubs there always seem to struggle financially. A few 'Okay' there clubs have the tell-tale sign of Awful Facilities that points to previous positions of Bankruptcy. English clubs are rich because of their TV money, German clubs because of their expanded stadiums (a bug?), not sure what the French, Portuguese and Turkish clubs are doing right.

-

I think that 2.21-test2 should make the game much more playable - the Spanish window pretty much prevented any non-EU transfers, both buying and selling, which became very frustrating. I like the idea of tracking reputation to ability - I used to do that manually in CMExplorer whenever changing jobs. Could you disable the AI from checking the PA of potential managers altogether? PA freezes once you become a manager so it's a bit pointless for them to look at a value which will never be attained (well, human managers can now attain it I guess). It could even allow non-players with a high PA to become assistants/coaches/scouts - positions where their PA can be reached. A couple of years later and now with a high CA they can then potentially be chosen as managers again by the AI - but this time they'll be 'ready'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    what do you mean? how much expanded?
    Above 100,000 usually, similar to the posts here and here. Maybe 10 clubs had stadiums like those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djole2mcloud View Post
    what about starting in 2015...Yugoslavia is already qualified for the EURO champ...is this a bug?
    checked through editor and Yugoslavia is active (continent-Europe)...tried setting continent to none but still,game at start always picking Yugoslavia for the Euro champ...while Serbia is already active inside the game
    If you keep Yugoslavia in the data the game will play the first Euros with them as normal and potentially select them as hosts for one of the future Euros tournament (2016 if you start in 2001, 2048 I think if you start in 2015). No crashes, but looks outdated having them in the data.

If you remove Yugoslavia from the data you'll also have to change 005F9DAB - MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF51C] to a different country. Otherwise you'll have a 33% chance of a crash in the form of them being selected as the 2016 hosts (starting in 2001), or the 2048 hosts (starting in 2015). If you start in 2015 the 2016 Euros will play fine with them in it, you just can't click on the nation at all (although you can watch their matches - the players are listed as being Serbian).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Great to see another beta released already

Would it be worth introducing foreign restrictions to the next one? I only ask as I'm getting quite a few emails from Turkish members asking about changing these and I'm sure saturn has posted the correct rules somewhere?

vCash
    Above 100,000 usually, similar to the posts here and here. Maybe 10 clubs had stadiums like those.
    did you remember which clubs? the most have a max set so they should not be that big

vCash
    Started an holiday test.

Fresh install of game - 3.68 - October 2015 data and the Test2 2.21 beta Tapani.

Settings: Started in 2015 - Game speed x20 - Idle: Laptop - window 800 x 600 (playing full screen) - Diasbled unprotected contracts - did not enable colloured atributes - did not enable hide non public bids - dit not enable development / banchmark mode.

Playing in English - Euro currency - wages yearly - screen full - background changes on - sound off - database maximum - matches stores 20.000 - save every two weeks - save compressed no - save safely yes - flashing text on - background matches high.

Selected all leagues on foreground, with all lower leagues. Started with Fc Twente in Holland.

Will report back with findings.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rudi-Assauer For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash

Spoiler!

-

This is fantastic feedback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi-Assauer View Post
    Started an holiday test.

Fresh install of game - 3.68 - October 2015 data and the Test2 2.21 beta Tapani.

Settings: Started in 2015 - Game speed x20 - Idle: Laptop - window 800 x 600 (playing full screen) - Diasbled unprotected contracts - did not enable colloured atributes - did not enable hide non public bids - dit not enable development / banchmark mode.

Playing in English - Euro currency - wages yearly - screen full - background changes on - sound off - database maximum - matches stores 20.000 - save every two weeks - save compressed no - save safely yes - flashing text on - background matches high.

Selected all leagues on foreground, with all lower leagues. Started with Fc Twente in Holland.

Will report back with findings.
    First finding:

Asian Cup winners Cup stopped. They fell behind on the schedule, with the semi-finals begin played on 31 may (in this case 2017) and the original schedule was 25 may for the semi final and 27 may for the final and third place playoff. So the final and the third place playoff also got rescheduled because of the reschedule of the semi's. In this case two weeks later on 14th june. The finale was played because it were teams from non playble leagues i guess, China and UAE. But the third place playoff involved a Japanese team, Urawa, Which had a league game on 14th june. Maybe this is why the third place did'nt got played and therefore stopped the Asian Cup winners Cup? If you want more information on this one, just ask Tapani.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rudi-Assauer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Second finding:

The German League Cup is never played.

The draw is always postponed with one day. e.g. If you are at 4 th january. It says the draw will be made on the 5th january. Then on 5th january it says the draw will be made on the 6th january and so on.

The original schedule still says it will be played from 10th july 2015 untill the 17th of July. But i'm currently in 2018.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rudi-Assauer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Second finding:

The German League Cup is never played.

The draw is always postponed with one day. e.g. If you are at 4 th january. It says the draw will be made on the 5th january. Then on 5th january it says the draw will be made on the 6th january and so on.

The original schedule still says it will be played from 10th july 2015 untill the 17th of July. But i'm currently in 2018.

Exactly the same problem in Ireland with the Irish Leinster Senior Cup.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rudi-Assauer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Serbia is alredy in the game so i'll remove yugoslavia and place some other country instead...

If you keep Yugoslavia in the data the game will play the first Euros with them as normal and potentially select them as hosts for one of the future Euros tournament (2016 if you start in 2001, 2048 I think if you start in 2015). No crashes, but looks outdated having them in the data.

If you remove Yugoslavia from the data you'll also have to change 005F9DAB - MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF51C] to a different country. Otherwise you'll have a 33% chance of a crash in the form of them being selected as the 2016 hosts (starting in 2001), or the 2048 hosts (starting in 2015). If you start in 2015 the 2016 Euros will play fine with them in it, you just can't click on the nation at all (although you can watch their matches - the players are listed as being Serbian).

vCash
    Saturn,

thank you for the quality report -- your findings on finances are in line with my gut feeling.
    My own full game (all leagues, including minor ones) also have a problem with World Club Champ and Asian Cup winners Cup.

Mark,

as far as I knew, Turkey had unlimited foreigners with the patch ... something the old Zozoa add-on changed.

Rudi-Assauer,

thank you for some good error reporting as well. As I mentioned to Saturn, my own holiday session with all leagues also
    have problems with World Club Champs, Asian Cup Winners Cup. However your error report made me notice that the
    Irish Leinster Senior Cup is not played for me either. There seems to be some issue there (only 15 of 16 teams eglible?).

However the German League Cup is working ok (I am in year 2058, with a start in 2015).

As far as I remember, one of the German cups require last league positions to be set for the draw to succeed. Not sure though.
    So this might be a database issue (my DB is the 2014 one).

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Restarted a game, with all the same parameters to see about the German League Cup. Above stated problem is there from the beginning.

vCash
    Restarted a game, with all the same parameters to see about the German League Cup. Above stated problem is there from the beginning.
    Try another database? (Middle of hacking some relegations in Japan, so cannot start a new game easily)

vCash
    Well, after your answer Tapani I looked into the editor and saw that Dortmund and Wolsburg had both 2 as their last position. Position 5 wasn't used at all. So I put Dortmund at 5th as last position and started a new game to see if the League Cup was now played.

It's drawn now

I'll also comment in de data october 2015 thread that the last position should be updated, because there were more wrong. e.g. Schalke was in the data 3th and Gladbach 6th but in reality it was the other way around, I don't know if this creates other problems or not? Maybe for teams to get assigned to the european competitions?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Rudi-Assauer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Do you think 1920x1080 res is possible in the near future ?

vCash
    I don't know if this creates other problems or not? Maybe for teams to get assigned to the european competitions?
    no, unless you delete the euro file

maybe for german cup, but i think only italian cup uses last position to draw teams

vCash
    I checked some insecure clubs, I think the problem is that there is still transfer funds although balance is minus, below zero. Club can continue to pay for transfers without any limitations.
    I checked some bankrupt clubs, there is no transfer fund, OK. But, I think the problem is that board still allow to pay very high wages and there is no limit for the player quantity to sign. For example , Como in Seri A, bakrupt. But still can pay weekly 60K USD for several free transfers or its own player's contract extension.

there shall be no transfer funds infact if balance is below zero. So, club can only sign free players.
    Additionally, for the signing for free players and club's own player ( extension of contract), there shall be some limitations for allowed wage if balance is below zero.
    My suggestion for the bankrupt problem of clubs is wage limitation of player signing with a calculation with combination of these parameters: balance, monthly total wage bill, monthly average income.

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    October 15 Data, start in 2015

All Leagues, Max DB - didn't load

All Leagues, Max DB, less Russia - didn't load

All Leagues, Max DB, less Russia, less English Conference - didn't load

All Leagues, Max DB, less Russia, less English Conference, less Holland - didn't load

All Leagues, Max DB, less Russia, less English Conference, less Holland, less France - didn't load

All Leagues, Max DB, less Russia, less English Conference, less Holland, less France, less Japan - didn't load

All Leagues, Max DB, less Russia, less English Conference, less Holland, less France, less Japan, less United States - didn't load

England seems to be the problem on max DB. For some reason Wales is in the nations to choose as a starting league (screen after select league)

Same issue on Normal DB

Same issue on Min DB

Error occurs even without England selected
    Last edited by Dermotron; 19-10-15 at 09:57 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    i had same problem with previous patch...something with england and wales...

vCash
    It's a problem from 2.20.1 patch I think, it doesn't uninstall correctly. Had noticed this when I tested, then uninstalled and used a working version of our live DB and it wouldn't load when selecting Wales. I've just done a clean install and added the 2.21.2 patch and now everything works fine. Sorry, should have posted that before but I think that uninstall issue might go back to 2.19

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Regarding jobs abroad, this one is bit out there. Bourg-Peronnas are semi-pro club, rep 7 playing in French National (rep 6) in game. Hong Myung-Bo has numbers of 125/130/165/125/125. Using player reps as a guide a player with CR125 would never join a club with a rep of 7. Maybe a player with CR90 at a push and if the club was maxed out for cash. It's not a finance thing either as the max wage they can offer is 1600.

Good see managers move about though.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast