Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strikers - One on Ones

Strikers - One on Ones

I was recently looking at some of CM 01/02's most prolific strikers (Maxim Tsigalko, To Madeira etc) on the save game editor and I noticed that they all have a high intrinsic attribute for one on ones. Is this a key attribute for strikers to score a lot of goals? Or is it better to set One on Ones to 1 in the pre-game editor and allow the intrinsic points to be applied on the traditional finishing and off the ball attributes?

I think you have answered your own question really. If you were to ask anyone what the important attributes for a striker in CM0102 are the usual reply would be 'finishing, jumping, off the ball, pace and acceleration" but you have noticed a correlation between the freaks having a high value for one on ones (intrinsically). To answer your question, run two tests - one with 20 for one on ones and one with 1 for one on ones.

Thanks, I will run a quick test and post the results here for anyone who is interested.

Isn't one on ones only for GK's?

Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Isn't one on ones only for GK's?
    Based on what? It would imply it's for both goalkeepers and outfield players but doesn't it seem coincidental that the freaks of the past have a high intrinsic value for one on ones and bag a lot of goals, even with a non-wibwob formation?

I was always under the impression that it was for both. After all if a striker is through with no defenders near him, thats classed as a one on one. Only way would be to test it.

Well there is a reason why One on Ones isn't considered a CA15 attribute for outfield players but it is for goalkeepers

As far as my understanding goes anyway. Happy to be proved wrong.

Therefore you can essentially give any outfield player any rating for One on Ones and it won't effect their CA15 and won't take attributes from other areas. That's probably why the super freaks had high values because it doesn't matter if you put 1, 5, 10, 20 etc as it makes no difference.

Well there is a reason why One on Ones isn't considered a CA15 attribute for outfield players but it is for goalkeepers

As far as my understanding goes anyway. Happy to be proved wrong.

Therefore you can essentially give any outfield player any rating for One on Ones and it won't effect their CA15 and won't take attributes from other areas. That's probably why the super freaks had high values because it doesn't matter if you put 1, 5, 10, 20 etc as it makes no difference.
    What? One on ones is CA related though, that's why it has an intrinsic value. Doesn't matter if it's a goalkeeper or an outfield player, there is still an intrinsic value for it. I've just had a look through the editor though and...

Maxim Tsigalko has a value 0 for one on ones
    Tó Madeira has a value of 15 for one on ones
    Cherno Samba has a value of 15 for one on ones
    Shane Tolley has a value of 15 for ones on ones
    Ruud van Nistelrooy has a value of 0 for one on ones
    Last edited by Jesus; 03-11-15 at 07:17 PM.

Are you sure?

If you look at recent updates by the update team - they give most outfield players a value of 0 for handling, reflexes and one on ones.

If they had an effect on CA of outfield players then surely they would all be set at 1?

If One on Ones did anything for outfield players - then surely they would give a value to those players?

Then take a look at any keeper in the database - they have a set value

Above is Cherno Samba in one of my saves who has a ridiculously good intrinsic value for one on ones.

He also has a good value for Finishing but only average for Movement (Off the Ball). How do To Madeira and Tsigalko compare?

I looked earlier today and Tsigalko, To Madeira, Joao Paiva, Van Nistelrooy all had very high intrinsic values for one on ones. Haven't had time to run a test yet.

I was wondering how Finishing and Movement compare between them all, alongside One on Ones?

Just a first season test.. 20 finishing, 20 off the ball, 20 One on Ones. Rest of attributes were left as random... Will run one now with him having just 1 for One on Ones.

Well he is certainly a prolific scorer! It will be interesting to see if he is as lethal without one on ones. Nice work!

Won't be a reliable test if all other attributes are random tho. Next time you load a game his pace, heading etc could be lower. I know ca brings it up but you get my point.

I would make a player with 20s for all non ca related attributes, then give him 20 off the ball, finishing, one on ones and set the rest of the ca15 attributes at 1.

Won't be a reliable test if all other attributes are random tho. Next time you load a game his pace, heading etc could be lower. I know ca brings it up but you get my point.

I would make a player with 20s for all non ca related attributes, then give him 20 off the ball, finishing, one on ones and set the rest of the ca15 attributes at 1.
    It will be same attributes.. Saved game twice!

Also depends on what formation you're playing remember if you're playing one up top they'll naturally bang more goals in that if they're playing in a 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Also depends on what formation you're playing remember if you're playing one up top they'll naturally bang more goals in that if they're playing in a 2.
    Same formation

Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    Same formation [emoji14]
    So where is test two Toppo!

Did you ever complete test 2 toppo?

Not had chance this week, been on earlys.. Should get it done this week sometime when im off

no need to test,
    this has been tested and answered a long time ago.

1 for one on ones.
    there are two or three atts that can give you a brilliant striker, i would have 1 for one on ones myself, very important how you give him the att's so the ones that he needs are as strong as they can be and that is not done the way you may think.

A finishing of, say, 17 will always be much stronger when surrounded by atts in the vicinity of 10-13, than a 20 will be, surrounded by 16s and 17s.

Same goes for any other att that you want to make strong for a certain position, just make sure you have the right att for that position.

lots of ways to tinker with players to get the best out of them

- - - Updated - - -

you would be amazed at the ways of getting players to perform, not always ca related atts than can have a massive impact either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast