Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 7

Dont even think about it MR..... my boys wont let me down

Dream Team League - Season 7 - May

Season 7 of the Dream Team League will come to an end without two managers involved in May. Everton's Fodster had took them to the height of 7th prior to this month but will his absence cost the Goodison Park side a place in Europe for Season 8? The absence of vinjwoods will be keenly felt at Anfield though as their manager failed to check in for a second time this season, leaving Liverpool in a desperate fight against relegation. Two points adrift from safety with 3 games to go, will Liverpool avoid relegation to the 2nd tier?

It certainly is a big month for Liverpool but there's plenty of action to be concluded elsewhere. pyromyst is tipped for relegation by the pundits and will have a fight on his hands too while peaceboy will be desperate to arrest his season having been top of the league until the final months led to a place in the playoffs. In Europe, three of our managers battle it out for Champions League glory while two also face off against each other in the UEFA Cup Final.

Two of those involved in Europe also participate in the FA Cup and there is also the small matter of who will be crowned victors of the Premiership?

1st May
    Fulham 1:2 Southampton (MoM: Gerard Pique).
    Liverpool 1:4 Norwich (MoM: Jeremy Menez).

The opportunity for vinjwoods to move out of the bottom three is lost after a 4:1 thumping at the hands of ebfatz's Norwich, who was left with 10 men in the last minute of the game after Joe Lewis had been sent off, allowing Liverpool to score from the spot. In the other game, pyromyst suffers a blow as Dermotron has a Breel Embolo winner to thank as Southampton move up to 7th.

2nd May
    Tottenham 4:1 Swansea

AJ was a point behind Redknapp69 in 4th place prior to this game and a 4:1 win with 3 goals scored before Holger Badstuber was sent off for Swansea has helped Tottenham to 3rd place.

4th May
    Aston Villa 0:1 Man Utd
    West Ham 4:1 PSG

Erkifino's hopes of winning the Champions League suffers at home to Janis89 after Martin Odegaard stepped off the bench to score the only goal of the game. In the other fixture, BobMem registers an astounding victory against PSG to put him in a great position for the return leg in France.

Man City 2:0 Tottenham
    Everton 0:1 Newcastle
    Middlesbrough 5:2 Hull
    Norwich 1:1 Ipswich
    Swansea 2:2 Fulham

A chance for AJ to gain ground on the top 2 was missed as Jesus comes out on top with a victory at home to Spurs, moving Man City into 3rd. trunky suffers the biggest defeat of the night at the hands of Middlesbrough after Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off while a point earned against Redknapp69 means that pyromyst needs only 2 points to guarantee safety with 3 games left to play.

7th May
    Arsenal 2:2 Wigan
    Chelsea 2:3 Aston Villa
    Man City 3:0 Sheff Wed
    Newcastle 2:1 Ipswich
    Southampton 1:0 Tottenham
    Swansea 1:0 Man Utd
    West Ham 0:1 Hull

After beating AMC 3:2 at Stamford Brigde, Erkifino's hopes of winning the title were boosted as AJ, Janis89 and BobMem all lost games, seeing Jesus move into 2nd after a win against Sheff Wed while Redknapp69 now occupies 3rd place having defeated Janis89. The defeat for Sheff Wed confirms that they are the 2nd team to be relegated, joining Wigan in the Championship next season.

8th May
    Everton 3:1 Liverpool
    Norwich 0:0 Middlesbrough

Norwich remain 12th after a goalless draw against Middlesbrough but the big result of the day is the game where both managers were AWOL. Liverpool needed a win to give them a chance of staying up going into the final game of the season but the 3:1 defeat means vinjwoods HAS to win their final game of the season and hope that Arsenal lose. Having said that, their goal difference may not keep them up anyway.

Derby 2:2 Cardiff

A draw against Cardiff confirms a 4th place end to the season for peaceboy who only managed to register in 4 wins in their last 18 league games. Their opponents in the playoffs will be West Brom, a team they've already lost 3:1 to this season but also won 2:0 at home.

9th May
    Aston Villa 2:0 Southampton
    Chelsea 0:2 Man Utd
    Crystal Palace 1:3 Fulham

There is just no stopping Erkifino as he looks in pole position to win the league title for a 3rd time after a fine win over Dermotron. The result puts Aston Villa 11 points clear of Janis89 in 2nd place with 4 games left of the season. Elsewhere, pyromyst gets the job done at Selhurst Park to retain their status in the league for another year.

11th May
    Man Utd 1:1 Aston Villa
    PG 3:1 West Ham

If it wasn't for a 76th minute goal by Xherdan Shaqiri, BobMem would have gone crashing out of the Champions League as PSG took a shock 3:0 lead. Fortunately, West Ham are through and will face Janis89 after a 1:1 draw between Man Utd and Aston Villa means that Janis89 is through, meaning that we will have a manager winning the trophy for the first time.

Fulham 1:0 Newcastle
    Hull 2:0 Southampton
    Ipswich 0:0 Man City
    Chelsea 1:1 Sheff Wed

Jesus and AMC will be disappointed to only pick up a point against an unmanaged side but pyromyst looks set to end the season on a high after a win over Mark makes it 3 games unbeaten. trunky's win over Dermotron also leaves him 7th and with a chance of overtaking Dermotron after this result leaves a point gap between the two managers.

16th May
    Everton 0:0 Man Utd
    Newcastle 0:2 Tottenham
    West Ham 2:0 Wigan

Only a point for Janis89 has confirmed that Erkifino has won the title without kicking a ball in the Premiership! It makes a 10 point gap with 3 games left for Janis89. Wins for AJ and BobMem puts them both 4th and 5th as 'the best of the rest' compete for Champions League spots.

West Brom 4:2 Derby

A horror result for peaceboy gives West Brom, a former Dream Team League side once managed by Zakkery, a two-goal lead for the 2nd leg. Two away goals may just give Derby hope at home though.

Aston Villa 1:0 Southampton

The FA Cup Final declares Erkifino as the winner having gone six years without the trophy since the first Dream Team League season. Dermotron will feel hard done by though as the Tom Ince goal was one of just two attempts on target by Aston Villa and Southampton were the better team on the day.

16th May
    Man Utd 2:0 Wigan
    Ipswich 0:2 Aston Villa

Just two days after their FA Cup and title win, Erkifino remains 10 points clear with 3 games to play after victory against Ipswich. Janis89 goes 3 points clear in 2nd place with 2 games left and just 1 point in those games will guarantee 2nd place for Man Utd.

18th May
    Southampton 0:1 Man City

After suffering FA Cup heartache, Dermotron's Southampton squad go through the same thing yet again after Jesus comes out on top in the UEFA Cup Final, becoming only the 2nd manager to do so after Janis89 last season. This time, Southampton weren't quite up to speed as Stefan Kiesling scored the only goal of the game.

Tottenham 1:1 Newcastle
    Man Utd 3:2 Norwich
    Sheff Wed 3:2 West Ham
    Wigan 0:3 Aston Villa

A 7th game in 2 weeks for Erkifino results in another 3 points for Aston Villa in the league and Janis89 also confirms 2nd place after a win over ebfatz. BobMem's hopes of finishing in the top 4 suffer a blow after losing to Sheff Wed while AJ couldn't take advantage of that, drawing 1:1 to Mark's Newcastle.

Derby 1:2 West Brom

It's all over for peaceboy's Derby after an astonishing collapse marks the end of their season. For 22 games, they were top of the league table but completely lost form and a 2:1 defeat means an aggregate scoreline of 6:3 for West Brom.

20th May
    Tottenham 1:1 Aston Villa

AJ secures a point in a hard fought draw to help Spurs move into 3rd place in their final game in hand.

22nd May
    Aston Villa 2:0 Arsenal
    Fulham 3:0 Hull
    Ipswich 2:1 Swansea
    Liverpool 0:1 Newcastle
    Man Utd 0:1 Southampton
    Middlesbrough 3:0 Everton
    Sheff Wed 3:3 Norwich
    Tottenham 2:0 Crystal Palace
    West Ham 4:1 Chelsea
    Wigan 1:1 Man City

With the top two of the table already sewn up, there were 5 teams fighting it out for the final two Champions League spots. Wins for AJ and BobMem ultimately confirm that their teams are into the competition but Jesus, Redknapp69 and Dermotron are the ones to miss out in a disappointing end although the latter did manage a win at Man Utd. At the other end of the scale, pyromyst completes a fine end to the season with a win over trunky but vinjwoods has finally been relegated as Liverpool manager after several seasons of flirting with the drop since taking over.

25th May
    West Ham 0:4 Man Utd

The final game of Season 7 is a Champions League Final match between BobMem and Janis89. Neither manager has won it before which made it all the more interesting but West Ham just didn't turn up on the day as Man Utd saw goals from Paul Pogba, Artem Dzyuba (x2) and a Joao Moutinho own goal hand them the trophy for the first time!

Brilliant epic story Mark!

Thrilled to see Spurs throw away soooo many points in playing catch up, but quite pleased grabbing 3rd.

Grats to Erk, Jesus and Jan for getting their hands on the silverware. Full season review will be forthcoming tonight.

and now, bring forth the guillotine! TIME FOR HAGGLES BITCHEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

arrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Horrific last couple of months for Swans put pay to the CL place we searched for

Pleased to get European footie back to South Wales for next season but far too many injuries/suspensions/SHEDLOADS of bad luck in games were our downfall

brilliant stuff running this Mark - 7 seasons in

Now - the part that everyone enjoys in DTL - HAGGLES!

Superb write-up Marko, fitting for the final month of an epic season!

I didn't carry much hope in the Champions League, as Janis has the mockers on me in cup competitions. Thought we were going to throw away 4th as well, but held on in the end!

Congratulations to all the winners (except Janis ), and let the haggles begin!

Absolutely delighted with the season. Far beyond my expectations

Fantastic display in the league by Villa. Wasn`t even close

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Well Done all the winners.

Great write up Mark.

My season was over a long time ago.
    Interesting that what I considered to be a weakened second string did ok for the last two months of the season!!

Great write up Mark that was an excellent read from start to finish. What a final month that turned out to be. Congratulations to Erk on winning the double and commiserations to Dermo on losing the double. 5th place and the UEFA Cup suits me fine although I did think we were going to sneak a top four finish at one point. Does winning the UEFA Cup put me in to the CL?

Loved that end of season finale Mark. Loved the fact that I beat two top 2 sides and lost to Middlesboro and Fulham!

Can't complain with that. Top scorers, meanest defence. I did say from the outset I wanted the Charity Shield (v Janis) and the League Cup... the latter continues to elude me. Helluva season from the Villans. I thought the loss of Rooney and Boateng would hit me but Lacazette and Kjaer did the trick. Will have a looksee at the save now.

Congrats Janis and Jesus. Commiserations dermo and bob. Unlucky vin & peaceboy...

Thanks for running another season Mark.
    Last edited by Erkifino; 16-03-16 at 06:47 PM.

Brilliant write up Mark.
    Thank you so much for running this yet again. Easily the highlight of my CM week.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011