Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 7

vCash
    I think the hack is like a patch, so if you haven't applied it then it will look like you have a load of FGN players, but Mark has it sorted

vCash
    Ta mate, another quick one, the default tactics have wib wob keepers, I've right clicked on mine to clear it, but one for people and Mark to look out for.

vCash
    Every keeper is wob wob in a non wibwob formation as far as I remember

vCash
    I know mate, I've right clicked on mine to cancel the wib wob, don't know if I was right doing that now though if others haven't.

vCash
    It doesn't matter mate at all!

vCash
    First Team Analysis:

after missing out on all titles so far, yet winning various cups and Champions Leagues, I have set my sights on making a serious title challenge this season. Our superb run at the end of last season gave me hope that we can be consistent, but everything will hinge on our season start. I believe Spurs have thrown away at least three title challenges by losing way too many points in the first couple of months of the comp.

So, I decided to stick with last year's consistent .tct. Not the best, but one that gave us brilliant results over the last three months of last season. Even though the bookies totally rule us out for the title after selling Fellaini (who was a reserve last year), Hulk (?who never performed for us) and Captain Jan, I feel the team is stronger than last season and especially if we manage a decent start in the Premiership we should have a shot at that much coveted first title.

Between the sticks this season is Asmir Begovic. Not a very flashy GK, but one who keeps Thibaut Courtois on the bench in the latest update. He's very consistent and in testing easily outperforms Joe Hart, our former GK, by 0,1/ 0,2 avg.

At the back we'll feature Blind, Savic and Lopez. I guess defensively we'll be under a lot of pressure with the departure of Vertonghen who had a massive season last year. But with putting prodigal son Danny Blind in that passing and running spot, I think we actually improved. Maksimovic/ Savic will cover the right side of defence while Lisandro Lopez retains his spot as sweeper, a role he has been filling for seven seasons and one of the very few consistent faces in the side.

Our midfield also looks quite different this season. New boys Ramires and Reus should give us a decent quality impulse and with the speed and cunning of Ocampos, Rakitic's vision and passing and the strength and resilience of Kenyan powerhouse Wanyama our midfield should be able to do better than last season, when Callejon and Muniain where underperforming and we never settled the "player in the hole" situation.

Upfront we see Lucas Vietto teaming up with Sergio "Bob" Aguero. That adds a lot of pace and agility to the attacking line, where Llorente will have to settle for a role as pinchhitter, even though he did very well last season.

All in all we may be a little short on quality reserves with Maksimovic, Juan Jesus, Daniel Agger, Georgino Wijnaldum, Patricio Rodriguez, Rachid Boudebouz, Sergio Oliveira, Callum Wilson and Fernando llorente probably getting a fair share of games in our busy schedule. A fact that may cost us valuable points, but who knows? They may even surprise me and do decently. Either way, I can't wait for the season to start! First game against our DTL nemesis Man Utd, always a hard but exciting game!

Good luck to all this season, lads. Looking forward to this one!!

vCash
    AMC - Yep, if you don't have a patch applied, the FGN rule will show up for you. It'll also crash if your .exe is set to start in 2001. Tactics will be different through Tapani's changes too.

AJ - Great write up and summary of your squad. Interesting to see you've had Lopez for all 7 seasons. Keeping faith with the same player for so long in this fickle DTL competition is commendable

vCash
    Nice round up AJ. I'll try to get one together myself if there's time over the weekend. Although I haven't even submitted my first line-up yet!

vCash
    Nicely done AJ will try to add my teams faults over the weekend.

vCash
    Inspired by AJ's preview...
    With Rooney and Boateng leaving for a combined fee of 80m plus Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Savic and Cabella. Two first teamers gone and debatable inferior replacements in Kjaer and Benzema coming in. Funnily enough, Boateng has been with Villa since Season 1 and his departure leaves Leno as the longest serving Villan. Villa definitely boast better depth than previous seasons but are definitely have a weaker starting XI.
    Villa did however sell Vidal and Lucas in Season 4, which allowed them to bring in Rooney and Cesc, and saw them lift their first DTL Premier League title. I'm pretty sure the only piece of silverware Villa haven't won is the League Cup...

Leno is the first name on the team sheet with Diego Lopez deputising. Darmian, Juan, Zabaleta and Willems provide ample cover in the fullback positions. Kjaer, Abdennour, Neto and Bartra allow Villa to go with 2 or 3 DCs at the back. A possible midfield from Iniesta, Muller, Khedira, Fabregas, Robben and Januzaj and spoilt upfront with Lacazette, Benzema, Cavani and Soldado.

Being installed as 3rd favourites is about right as I fully expect this season to be the most competitive yet with a lot of teams improving their squads in the window(Newcastle did some super business, City and Hull. Not too mention Godin to the Swans.)Apart from the obvious 'I wanna win everything', I'd be happy with the Charity Shield (versus everyones rival Janis )and League Cup this year. I do believe squad depth will be the key to League Cup... Although, Villa must have the biggest squad in the league... must trim it down next window...

It's unfortunate to lose Liam but like CAFC's Crystal Palace they have inadvertently strengthened the CPU sides

vCash
    Inspired by Erk's preview inspired by AJ's preview...

Last season was our best league finish yet, after a summer where I made real efforts to reduce the size of the squad. 3rd was fantastic, and only Janis denied us a potential UEFA Cup win to boot. We were top scorers in the league, although with the worst defence in the top 6.
    With that in mind I decided to sell my two best strikers and replace my entire back line. After 3 seasons playing the 3-1-3-1-2 formation (3-4-3) I've removed every last full back from my squad so, although I'd love to switch over to 4-1-2-1-2, this season and transfer window was a transition one, where I aimed to strengthen my existing squad, and bring in sufficient full backs and a second top quality MC to make a switch to 4-1-2-1-2 viable as an option.

I was mostly successful. Here's the starting XI and supporting players:
    Joe Hart (apparently 0.1-0.2 worse than Begovic...)
    Miranda, Nacho, Chris Smalling (backed up by last year's starting XI defender Gabriel Paletta, and with a couple of average Fullbacks if 4 at the back needs an airing)
    Javier Mascherano (backed up by last year's starting XI DMC Idrissa Gueye, and now Garry Barry too)
    Luca Modric (backed up by Joao Moutinho)
    Denis Cherychev on the left and Jesus Navas on the right (backed up by Xerdan Shaqiri and youngster Gerson, plus a load of mediocre looking people)
    Rodrigo Palacio in behind the front two (and the only area I feel I failed to address over the summer)
    Graziano Pelle and Diego Costa up top (backed up by one of the top scorers last season, David Villa)

If these boys stay fit I think we can make top 6 again. I'd love to go far in the Champs League, and maybe get one of my cups back too!

vCash
    Inspirational stuff bob!

vCash
    inspired by everyone else's squad reviews.

Mine's shit!!!

vCash
    I'm fickle compared to AJ. My longest serving current first-teamer is Denis Cheryshev, signed in season 3.
    6 of this season's initial starting XI are making their West Ham debut!

I still have Cesar Arzo, signed in the season 1 auctions, but he's never really been first choice. Makes the bench for the start of season 7 though!

vCash
    A quick peek into the world of Hull City.

After a disappointing end to the last season, especially as finishing tenth didn't mean finishing in the "top ten" and Hull City's accountants doing a runner with over 20m of their hard fought not earned cash, manager Trunky decided to get most of his deals in early. But after identifying his targets and failing to get at least one of them, he was forced to look for second hand replacements and to find a formation that would fit them. A deal fell through for Dutch wonderkid Juanfran due to a suspcious back hander that was supposed to be kept secret and although several bids were made Silva, Aguero and Hart they astonishingly decided to stay at their clubs.

Knowing he had to strengthen his back line Jan Vertonghen liked the offer of a house, some monies and all the bonbons he could eat and joined. He was followed by a few midfielders, Parejo, Valero and Muniain. Lamela also decided he'd prefer the east coast and found himself on the bench. A last minute deal saw Dutch wonderkid Bruma replace Bartra, who hadn't kicked a ball in anger, join him on the bench. Still wanting some more strength up front, trunky badgered Aston Villa's ugly manager Erksome for one of his 20 strikers and ended up getting two of them, the head like a 50p Lukaku and the very old Ibrahimovic.

With a few players sent out on loan for various reasons, stocking fillers, help out a club in need, didn't like the smell in the dressing room, Hull's squad was finally cobbled together.

It seems as though the league administrators have installed Hull City as 4th favourites behind 3 other teams. This is, of course, rubbish, as Hull City will, once again, be lucky to break into the top 11.

vCash
    Liverpool cleared the decks early in the window to keep a nice settled squad to aim for the top 17 this year again!! but the gaffers inability to keep anything like a settled team 475 players were then purchased and released into forest late at night with the boss and his rifle following behind - the 24 players still alive by daylight then signed on and became the new 12th favourite team for the title.
    The changes drove the manager to approach the board and announce new aims for the season - now we should be ready to fight for those bottom 3 places and maybe even a place in the MLS cup final if we can get Stevie G to re-sign before October.

Exciting things to come at Anfield this year if only Vin can remain manger for longer than the first week!

Good luck to you all - I am currently writing a book of management tips and methods so I will send you all signed copies as fellow managers and you need only pay me the 44 fee plus P&P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vinjwoods View Post
    Liverpool cleared the decks early in the window to keep a nice settled squad to aim for the top 17 this year again!! but the gaffers inability to keep anything like a settled team 475 players were then purchased and released into forest late at night with the boss and his rifle following behind - the 24 players still alive by daylight then signed on and became the new 12th favourite team for the title.
    The changes drove the manager to approach the board and announce new aims for the season - now we should be ready to fight for those bottom 3 places and maybe even a place in the MLS cup final if we can get Stevie G to re-sign before October.

Exciting things to come at Anfield this year if only Vin can remain manger for longer than the first week!

Good luck to you all - I am currently writing a book of management tips and methods so I will send you all signed copies as fellow managers and you need only pay me the 44 fee plus P&P.
    Haha...nice!

vCash
    And so it falls onto the newbie...

After a roller-coaster of a ride in his first DTL season, peaceboy fell just short of the unthinkable. Alas, these things happen, and we fought to the very last day. Derby said fair-the-well to pretty much half the staff (most going to Kaneman), and rebuilding was top priority. Coming in was Alvarez; who was an assist machine in the previous year as a loan player. Ospina, Asamoah and Luan were my top transfer picks - Asamoah was a particular favourite of mine. After pretty much selling my body to every player for a left back, i got a pretty good one, for a pretty good deal. Abate and Kramer are my top loan intakes (5 in total i think) from what are all in all quite an impressive group.

Questions remain over Barrera - mainly because i still don't know who he is or why i paid trunky 2m for him. Maybe i'll be surprised.

Anyway! Here's to the new season! I hope i see you all in the premiership next year!

vCash
    Southampton 's projected season . . .

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, per te tale sumo, sonet philosophia id per, est nullam inermis explicari ad. Cum id debet salutatus scripserit. An sensibus definitiones pro, nonumy veritus epicuri sea et, adhuc euismod signiferumque ne est. Errem vocent voluptaria eum ei. Euismod praesent ne cum, in vim habemus molestie, vim perpetua inciderint sadipscing te.

Id ius nonumy commune electram, debitis urbanitas id eam, in pertinax imperdiet eum. Per ad putant persius, te has molestiae vulputate. Eum ad duis honestatis, ipsum dignissim ius ex. Simul gloriatur incorrupte ne eam, dicit scribentur disputando sed te, sit te bonorum officiis persecuti. Amet vide errem est at, cu ullum menandri vel.

Autem comprehensam sit et, id pri quot insolens delicata. Ea blandit verterem forensibus his, et ius tale officiis percipit, eos cu alterum civibus. Cu eam tempor iuvaret, mea ex unum erat voluptatum, te minim deseruisse eum. Aeque nihil consequuntur ex nec.

Cum te consul quodsi perpetua. Mel timeam nostrud ei, mel te tollit fierent consectetuer, principes patrioque ex nam. Cum in modo ubique audire, quot novum vis cu. An usu amet solum ceteros. Suas accusam deterruisset sea eu, duo ex quod diam moderatius, pro te possim definitionem. Eirmod theophrastus no vim, pri facer expetenda intellegat id.

Qui meis nulla scripta ei. Usu habemus incorrupte in, detracto accusamus vim te, postea equidem id sed. Per falli clita an. Nec ei quod perpetua, eum libris iracundia moderatius id. Nostro eloquentiam ad eam. Pri hinc definitiones at, ne commodo fierent iracundia quo.

And we finish 9th again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, per te tale sumo, sonet philosophia id per, est nullam inermis explicari ad. Cum id debet salutatus scripserit. An sensibus definitiones pro, nonumy veritus epicuri sea et, adhuc euismod signiferumque ne est. Errem vocent voluptaria eum ei. Euismod praesent ne cum, in vim habemus molestie, vim perpetua inciderint sadipscing te.

Id ius nonumy commune electram, debitis urbanitas id eam, in pertinax imperdiet eum. Per ad putant persius, te has molestiae vulputate. Eum ad duis honestatis, ipsum dignissim ius ex. Simul gloriatur incorrupte ne eam, dicit scribentur disputando sed te, sit te bonorum officiis persecuti. Amet vide errem est at, cu ullum menandri vel.

Autem comprehensam sit et, id pri quot insolens delicata. Ea blandit verterem forensibus his, et ius tale officiis percipit, eos cu alterum civibus. Cu eam tempor iuvaret, mea ex unum erat voluptatum, te minim deseruisse eum. Aeque nihil consequuntur ex nec.

Cum te consul quodsi perpetua. Mel timeam nostrud ei, mel te tollit fierent consectetuer, principes patrioque ex nam. Cum in modo ubique audire, quot novum vis cu. An usu amet solum ceteros. Suas accusam deterruisset sea eu, duo ex quod diam moderatius, pro te possim definitionem. Eirmod theophrastus no vim, pri facer expetenda intellegat id.

Qui meis nulla scripta ei. Usu habemus incorrupte in, detracto accusamus vim te, postea equidem id sed. Per falli clita an. Nec ei quod perpetua, eum libris iracundia moderatius id. Nostro eloquentiam ad eam. Pri hinc definitiones at, ne commodo fierent iracundia quo.

And we finish 9th again
    What in the fuck..

vCash
    Cum te consul? Hope you wipe it off before the next person uses it!

peace

vCash

And we finish 9th again
    Tutti frutti ole ole biscuit barrel.

vCash
    Nostro eloquentiam ad eam. Pri hinc definitiones at, ne commodo fierent iracundia quo.
    You signed who in the transfer window?!?!

vCash
    Some lad Merson will have fun try to pronounce on Soccer Saturday

vCash
    Dream Team League - Season 7 - August

With Dermotron the only manager to have got their season underway already, another 14 managers were desperately looking forwards to seeing how their own season began. One manager doesn't quite seem to be in the same boat though after the newly appointed Leeds manager, Kaneman, failed to submit a team sheet when requested to do so for the first time.

Five days into the month, we witnessed the second leg of the Inter-Toto Cup Semi Final. Armed with a 3:0 advantage from the first leg in France, Dermotron's Southampton were expected wrap up their place in the Final itself with ease at St. Mary's. That wasn't quite the case as they won by only one goal, scored by Breel Embolo, who now has 5 goals in 4 starts. A win is a win though and Dermotron will take on Thun of Switzerland in the Final who are a team without any professional players on the books.

Six days later, the first leg of the Final was to take place at home for Southampton. Thun hadn't strengthened their squad in any way before the game but that didn't matter. Southampton were firm favourites and with Breel Embolo leading the line, they score four goals in a game. All four scored by Embolo himself!

The following day saw the first game of the season take place for West Ham United. Drawn against Sarajevo, BobMem travels to Bosnia-Herzegovina and wins 2:0 in the first leg with goals from Diego Costa on his debut and Victor Andrade.

At long last, the start of a league campaign took place for peaceboy and the missing Kaneman. The latter pays the price for his absence with a 3:2 defeat to Preston with goals from Sergio Mota and Luka Belic. It's better news for Derby though as goals from Luan and Andreas Cornelius confirm a 2:0 win over Rotherham.

All eyes then focused on an intriguing clash between Janis89 and Erkifino in the Charity Shield. Erkifino has won the trophy three times while Janis89 has won it once. Former Aston Villa players Jerome Boateng and Wayne Rooney lined up against Erkifino while Edinson Cavani for Aston Villa played against his old employer. The headlines were taken by Cesc Fabregas who gave Erkifino a 1:0 lead just before half-time. Janis89 was then left crushed by goals from Balazs Dzsudzsak and Marouane Fellaini which means a 3:0 win hands the Charity Shield to Erkifino for a 4th time in 6 years!

There was no time for Janis89 to dwell on the mauling as his Manchester United side were to take on AJ's Tottenham five days later for the European Super Cup in Moscow. As the game kicked off, the first 45 minutes were uninspiring other than a Rooney goal being ruled out. But the game exploded into life in the last 18 minutes as Ayoze Perez came off the bench to put Spurs ahead. Unfortunately for AJ, Stefan Savic was sent off 3 minutes later and Man Utd pushed on to score a last minute equaliser through Koke. Extra time followed without incident as penalties arrived. David Silva got the spot kicks going to score for Man Utd but his team-mates saw their efforts saved by Asmir Begovic. As Sergio Aguero, Daley Blind and Jose Callejon converted for Spurs, Jackson Martinez, Bernardo Silva and Santi Cazorla saw their penalties saved by Begovic to allow AJ the taste of the Super Cup for the very first time!

So much drama already and the Premiership itself hasn't got underway yet! Not to worry, that comes next!

Game of the day saw a seven goal thriller involving Southampton. Eventual winners in a 5:2 scoreline at Middlesbrough, Dermotron saw Embolo score a Premiership hat-trick on his league debut along with goals from Serge Darder and Gerard Deulofeu. Six goals were also witnessed at Wigan as Mark watched Bernard also score a hat-trick along with Jonas and Luiz Adriano as the Latics lost 5:1. Erkifino (own goal, Andres Iniesta, Cavani and Alexandre Lacazette) and Redknapp69 (Robert Lewandowski x3 and Blaise Matuidi) got their seasons off to a perfect start with 4:0 wins over Fodster's Everton and an unmanaged Sheffield Wednesday. Victories are also in order for Hull (Edin Dzeko and Manoel) against Arsenal despite seeing Micah Richards sent off after 14 minutes while Jesus gets a win over AMC thanks to Dennis Aogo and Sebastian Rode despite Chicharito scoring first for Chelsea. West Ham and Norwich share a point as Rodrigo Palacio gave BobMem a lead who then lost Chris Smalling and Joe Hart to red cards in the first half. Danny Welbeck equalised for ebfatz who will be disappointed not to beat 9 men. There was also a red card for vinjwoods as he lost Bruno Martins Indi which led to a poor 1:0 defeat to Crystal Palace while Fulham fought valiantly at Ipswich but lost 3:2 with Jelle Vossen and Fabio Borini on the scoresheet for pyromyst.

Meanwhile, Leeds register their first win as Belic scores again along with Kaka in a 2:0 win over Charlton. peaceboy's Derby though were the better team at Huddersfield but lost 2:1 with Cornelius scoring late on.

Back to action in Europe, Southampton confirmed their presence in the UEFA Cup proper as Thun were beaten 1:0 in Switzerland. A first goal for Ezequiel Lavezzi means Dermotron wins 5:0 on aggregate.

The draw for the UEFA Cup First Round has handed Dermotron a tie against Zeljeznicar. AMC will play Sion. Jesus plays AIK and Mark faces Lahti.

On the same evening, Janis89 gets his Premiership campaign underway with a stunning victory at Fulham. Roberto being sent off after 13 minutes left pyromyst in trouble for Rooney went on to score four times with David Silva and Paul Pogba adding goals of their own to win 6:0.

There was also action in the First Round of the League Cup as Kaneman and peaceboy won to go through to the next round. Derby were impressive in a 4:0 win at Swindon where Ruben Jenssen and Bryan Ruiz scored two goals each. Plymouth were the side beaten by Leeds as Davit Skhirtladze and Kevin-Prince Boateng scored late goals.

The draw for the next round sees the following in action:

Norwich v Wolves
    Liverpool v Blackburn
    Stevenage v Everton
    West Brom v Leeds
    Hull v Nottm Forest
    Fulham v Watford
    Scuthorpe v Swansea

We're back to continental football once more as AJ travels to Saitama to play Fluminense for the honour of being Intecontinental Cup winners. With ex-Dream Team League players in their ranks, it wouldn't be an easy game for Spurs but they take a lead through Daley Blind before Sergio Aguero doubles it. Former Everton player Victor Ibarbo pulls one back through a penalty but Spurs win 2:1 as AJ picks up a second trophy of the season, his first in this competition!

Also featuring are West Ham who record another 2:0 win over Sarajevo thanks to a brace from Diego Costa. A 4:0 aggregate win means BobMem is through to play in the Champions League!

West Ham have been drawn into a group containing FC Bayern, Porto and Steaua. Man Utd will take on CSKA, Dynamo Kiev and Young Boys. Aston Villa face Galatasaray, Roma and Shakhtar Donetsk. Finally, the defending champions Tottenham will play Ajax, Benfica and Leverkusen.

Meanwhile, there is a shock in store on the same evening as Erkifino is defeated by ebfatz in the Premiership! Norwich take a lead through Charlie Austin and hold on for a historic win! Also defeated is AMC as Chelsea lose 4:2 at Arsenal. Chicharito and Evgen Konoplyanaka had helped Chelsea come from 2:0 down but Jasper Cillessen was then sent off that helped Arsenal to win the game. Fodster will have been disappointed to lose his first game of the season but he made amends with a 5:1 win against Wigan. A debut goal for Wilfried Bony got things going before Wesley Sneijder, Arturo Vidal and Falcao (2) completed the rout.

We just about have enough time left in the month to play a final round of league games. In the Championship, Kaneman crashes to a 2:0 loss at Bolton but peaceboy gets a 4:0 win over Nottm Forest. Jenssen scores once more but Siem de Jong, Willy Boly and Christoph Kramer get the other goals for Derby in their local derby.

In the Premiership, Jesus locks horns with Erkifino but loses. Stefan Kiesling gets a first goal in a Man City shirt but two goals from Lacazette gives Aston Villa a win as Per Mertesacker gets sent off against his former club. AMC registers a first win of the season, goals from Danny and Seydou Doumbia giving trunky his first taste of defeat. vinjwoods has another player sent off, this time it's Marc Muniesa, as he loses to Redknapp69 as the Swans win 2:0 thanks to Holger Badstuber and Douglas Costa. Janis89 draws 1:1 to Crystal Palace with Martinez having scored first before the managerless Palace tied it late on. Will Hughes shows his talent to help Fodster to another win, scoring first at Sheff Wed along with Falcao as Everton win 2:1. pyromyst makes it zero wins in three matches as Fernando Llorente steps off the bench to score two goals for AJ. BobMem also pockets his first win as goals from Diego Costa, Denis Cheryshev and Tjaronn Chery secure a 3:2 win over Arsenal who had won their first two games.

On the following Sunday, there's a shock in store for Dermotron as he loses 1:0 to Liam's former squad Ipswich. ebfatz was also on the road, playing Wigan but is denied the perfect chance to pick up another win despite Austin's opener as Fabian Delph is sent off before conceding late on.

Monday Night Football sees yet another shock as Middlesbrough win 2:0 against Newcastle. Roberto Firmino was sent off for Mark as Newcastle then went on to concede twice.

The same evening also sees action in the Championship as Leeds draw 0:0 to Brighton. Two goals from Luan and another from Ricardo Alvarez gives Derby three goals against Stoke but their opponents score three too as the game ends 3:3.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast