Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 7

vCash

Dream Team League - Season 7

Aston Villa (Erkifino)

Erkifino's defence of the league title did not go to plan as Janis89 pipped him to the title by five points. That's seen Erkifino take action in the summer with a whopping spend of 153.9M on new players although he also recouped 168.2M to recover that. Among the new faces were Zlatan Ibrahimovic who surprisingly lasted just days at Villa Park before being moved on to Hull while Wayne Rooney was also surprisingly sold along with Romelu Lukaku, Luciano Vietto, Jerome Boateng and Per Mertesacker which leaves Erkifino with a new look squad. Karim Benzema, Alexandre Lacazette, Edinson Cavani and Thomas Muller are expected to lead the line while new recruits at the back include Simon Kjaer and Stefan Savic.

Thomas Muller is a 67M signing for Aston Villa

Star Men
    Cesc Fabregas
    Arjen Robben
    Andes Iniesta

Prediction
    Premiership: 3rd.
    Champions League: Quarter Final.
    Charity Shield: Winners.
    League Cup: Quarter Final.
    FA Cup: 5th Round.

Chelsea (AMC)

After an impressive 8th place finish last season, we're not sure whether Chelsea can repeat that after a fairly quiet transfer window for AMC who has taken Chelsea on for a second season running for the first time. Without much cash to spare, AMC raised 28.6M through the sale of 13 players including Fabian Delph and Ashley Young without disrupting his first choice side too much. Just 17.9M was spent on new investment for 16 new faces with Oscar de Marcos, Seydou Doumbia, Adriano and Aleksandr Kokorin being the bench of the bunch.

Seydou Doumbia arrives as part of a two player 5M deal from Southampton

Star Men
    Jasper Cillessen
    Nicolas Otamendi
    Hector Herrera

Prediction
    Premiership: 11th.
    UEFA Cup: Winners.
    League Cup: 4th Round.
    FA Cup: 3rd Round.

Derby County (peaceboy)

peaceboy's first full pre-season as manager of Derby has been an interesting watch for all of us as he prepares for life in the Championship following the narrow relegation from the Premiership last season. He's used the loan market to his advantage, bringing in 6 new faces along with the likes of David Ospina and Kwadwo Asamoah who are expected to be key players in the assault for the Championship title this season. After quickly putting together a squad of players last season, we are starting to see peaceboy's stamp on the squad with 16 players being sold and three returning to their parent club on loan although Ricardo Alvarez has now made his move from Man Utd permanent.

Ricardo Alvarez makes his loan spell permanent after impressing Derby manager peaceboy

Star Men
    David Ospina
    Christoph Kramer
    Bryan Ruiz

Prediction
    Championship: 3rd (Playoff Finalists).
    League Cup: Semi Final.

Everton (Fodster)

After a bright start to last season, Everton eventually tailed away to finish 13th so the supporters at Goodison Park will no doubt be expecting plenty of recruitment to improve their fortunes this season. However, the sale of Chris Smalling and Simon Kjaer as key defenders as well as Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Jackson Martinez will have left supporters unconvinced. Just 37.1M was spent on new investment with Fodster hoping that Wilfried Bony and Gabriel will settle in and gel together quickly. The defence does look rather suspect though despite the arrivals of Paulo De Ceglie and Rui Patricio.

Wilfried Bony made the switch from Southampton as Fodster's first signing this season

Star Men
    Petr Cech
    Rui Patricio
    Falcao

Prediction
    Premiership: 8th.
    League Cup: 3rd Round.

Fulham (pyromyst)

Having invested heavily in his squad last season, 15th is a better return for pyromyst at Fulham last season . However, spendings of 13.4M on just 8 players has left fans unconvinced that they'll improve on that which Jesus Corona being the highest spending for a player at 5.3M. Big name players such as Mario Gomez, Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia and Abou Diaby have also left Craven Cottage this pre-season with Fuham's manager relying on new faces Roberto, Vedad Ibisevic and Vicente Iborra to perform.

Jesus Corona is a big investment for pyromyst after being purchased for 5.3M

Star Men
    Roberto
    Jeison Murillo
    Jesus Corona

Prediction
    Premiership: 17th.
    FA Cup: 4th Round.

Hull City (trunky)

After a disappointing 10th place finish last season, Hull fans were left visibly upset at the news of Javier Mascherano, Morgan Schneiderlin, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Pepe Reina and Saido Berahino leaving the club which wasn't the best of starts to pre-season after news of financial trouble saw a move for Juanfran break down. However, trunky has clearly worked hard to improve his squad with some fine signings coming into their place. Jan Vertonghen represents a significant investment at 32.5M from Tottenham and further investment saw Borja Valero, Iker Muniain, Erik Lamela, Romelu Lukaku, Jeffrey Bruma and one Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrive at the club. trunky may have spent 78.9M in total in comparison to raising 67.8M but it'd be fair to say that Hull supporters are now looking forwards to the new season with high levels of expectation.

The signature of Jan Vertonghen is trunky's second biggest deal after Yaya Toure for 35M

Star Men
    Yaya Toure
    Javier Pastore
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Prediction
    Premiership: 4th.

Leeds United (Kaneman)

Ex-Crystal Palace boss Kaneman has been welcomed back to the Dream Team League this season and made a surprising choice not to return to the top flight but to start life in the second tier with Leeds United. It means a fresh start for Kaneman who has had to build a brand new squad and he has done remarkably well to put together a squad of 28 players for just 19.9M. There is some real quality in his side as well having added Brazilian legend Kaka to his squad along with the likes of Gael Clichy, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Tomas Rosicky, Stephane Sessegnon as a group who will no doubt be too good for this level. We'll look forwards to seeing how Leeds get on in their quest to gain promotion at the first attempt.

Kaka has been snapped up by Kaneman to provide craft and experience to his Leeds squad

Star Men
    Gael Clichy
    Kevin-Prince Boateng
    Tomas Rosicky

Prediction
    Championship: 5th (Playoff Semi Final).

Liverpool (vinjwoods)

An impressive surge at the end of last season saw Liverpool finish 12th to leave their supporters looking forwards to what pre-season has to bring. It saw vinjwoods desperate to trim a bulky squad with 21 players departing for 17.0M in total. Typically though, vinjwoods then signed 21 players for a combination of 42.8M. Whether they are big names remains to be seen as Liverpool's supporters debated whether their manager had overspent on fairly average players. The likes of Phil Jagielka and Felipe Melo will no doubt add some stability defensively but it has to be admitted that the rest of the new faces don't particularly stand out, especially the arrival of Mauro Zarate for a whopping 9.0M and Marcelo Mattos for 7.0M.

Phil Jagielka is expected to play a key part in vinjwoods' attempts to improve on 12th place

Star Men
    Phil Jagielka
    Felipe Melo
    Kevin Kampl

Prediction
    Premiership: 7th.

Manchester City (Jesus)

The one-time Premiership champions had a slow start to the season, ultimately finishing 6th but the Manchester City fans will be expecting their squad to hit the ground running this time. Jesus was certainly quiet in the transfer market but spent an almighty 72.3M on bringing three big name German players to the club in the form of Stefan Kiesling, Mario Gotze and Per Mertesacker. All three will no doubt prove to be tremendous additions to the squad with Man City fans delighted to see Jesus finally capture his man in Kiesling. They were certainly left confused though by the arrival of five average players from Hull on loan who are not German!

Stefan Kiesling finally arrives at Man City after a long-running transfer saga comes to an end

Star Men
    Manuel Neuer
    Per Mertesacker
    Mario Gotze

Prediction
    Premiership: 6th.
    UEFA Cup: Finalists.
    FA Cup: Quarter Final.

Manchester United (Janis89)

How does he do it? After winning the league title for the first time in three years, Janis89 threw himself into the transfer market to complete no less than 34 signings. Jerome Boateng and Wayne Rooney at 40M each, both from Aston Villa, were the biggest names to arrive at the club along with Mario Gotze who has since been sold along with Marco Reus, Phil Jagielka, Edinson Cavani, Hulk and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to leave Janis89 practically rebuilding his squad. Sales in total of 173.7M saw Janis89 spent 148.9M in total to leave the club in profit. Whether Janis89's dealings will have disrupted his squad and therefore his attempts to retain the title remains to be seen.

Jerome Boateng is one of 34 signings for Janis89 but easily his biggest one to improve his defence

Star Men
    Thiago Silva
    David Silva
    Wayne Rooney

Prediction
    Premiership: 2nd.
    Champions League: Semi Final.
    World Championship: Semi Final.
    Super Cup: Winners.
    Charity Shield: Finalists.
    League Cup: Finalists.
    FA Cup: Semi Final.

Newcastle United (Mark)

Hoping to build on a 7th place finish and two runner up medals, Mark continued with his Brazilian theme as one of the more inactive managers in the transfer market. Just 16.4M was raised as 15 players were moved on but a whopping 55.9M was spent on 14 new players. The pick of the bunch is easily a 20.0M deal for Hulk who had only just arrived at Man Utd while a further 15.0M was invested in defender Filipe Luis from Swansea. It's clear that Mark has opted to gradually make changes to his squad rather than going all guns blazing.

Hulk arrives at Newcastle as Mark's top transfer target via Tottenham and Man Utd

Star Men
    Luisao
    Hulk
    Jonas

Prediction
    Premiership: 12th.
    UEFA Cup: 4th Round.
    League Cup: Winners.

Norwich City (ebfatz)

Another manager with little activity throughout pre-season, Norwich boss ebfatz kept to his British theme and spent big with 46.1M on 14 players after raising 18.1M through sales. Gareth Barry and Nathan Redmond were two surprising departures but Saido Berahino (the biggest signing of pre-season for 17.5M), Fabian Delph, Ashley Young, Danny Rose and Charlie Austin can be seen as signings who can help Norwich to shake off their tag as a lower half Premiership side.

Saido Berahino costs Norwich a whopping 17.5M from Hull and is expected to lead the line

Star Men
    Jordan Henderson
    Fabian Delph
    Steven Fletcher

Prediction
    Premiership: 19th.

Southampton (Dermotron)

Dermotron has always had a good track record in the transfer market and you suspect that the time has come for his underachieving Southampton squad to finally perform after spending 123.3M during this transfer window. Gone are the likes of Wilfried Bony, Erik Lamela and Victor Wanyama but in come more solid acquisitions in Claudio Marchisio, Morgan Schneiderlin, William Carvalho, James Milner while the likes of Sergi Darder and especially Breel Embolo add a sense of youth and quality for the future to the Saints squad. Indeed, Dermotron put all his eggs in one basket having spent 34.7M on Embolo alone.

18 year old Breel Embolo is by far the biggest gamble in the transfer window having cost 34.7M

Star Men
    Gerard Pique
    Neven Subotic
    Morgan Schneiderlin

Prediction
    Premiership: 5th.
    UEFA Cup: 4th Round.
    FA Cup: Winners.

Swansea City (Redknapp69)

By previous standards, this has been a very quiet transfer market for Swansea City supporters who are used to seeing a few marquee signings come through the door every season. Douglas Costa, Diego Godin and Serge Aurier are certainly well known names but having signed Mario Gotze, Marco Reus, Alexis Sanchez, Robert Lewandowski, Pedro and Luis Suarez in previous years, Swansea fans were left disappointed this year. Some have reasoned that Redknapp69 has done the right though in ensuring that he has quality at the back rather than opting for the best forward players around. That could well be the key to glory!

Swansea have invested heavily in Diego Godin who arrives for 44.7M

Star Men
    Alexis Sanchez
    Luis Suarez
    Robert Lewandowski

Prediction
    Premiership: 1st.

Tottenham Hotspur (AJ)

Winning the League Cup and the Champions League for a second time each ended a run of two years without glory for AJ In the Dream Team League. That takes Tottenham's overall trophy count to five in six seasons which impressive but you'd be surprised to learn that AJ has never won the Premiership title itself despite often being favourites. This year, AJ has only signed 12 players for 85.3M altogether with one already being moved on. The main signing has been Marco Reus from Man Utd for 37.5M which will no doubt improve the Spurs squad as they go to the World Championships. Despite the addition of some other solid faces, the media are not convinced that Tottenham will be able to win the title for the first time, especially after parting with the likes of Hulk, Marouane Fellaini and Jan Vertonghen who were all seen as first team players. We do believe they'll have success in Europe once again though!

Marco Reus rocks up at White Hart Lane in a 37.5M switch from Manchester United

Star Men
    Ivan Rakitic
    Marco Reus
    Sergio Aguero

Prediction
    Premiership: 10th.
    Champions League: Semi Final.
    World Championship: Winners.
    Intercontinental Cup: Winners.
    Super Cup: Finalists.
    League Cup: Semi Final.

West Ham United (BobMem)

Extremely consistent last season in finishing 3rd, West Ham are expected to repeat the feat once more this season despite choosing to part with first team players Raul Albiol, Gabriel, Stefan Kiesling and Rolando. BobMem has worked hard to improve his side man for man and having seen Javier Mascherano, Joao Moutinho, Diego Costa, Miranda and Chris Smalling come through the door amongst other for 145.2M in total, you can see that he has probably achieved that aim.

Diego Costa is a Dream Team League record signing at 56.0M via auction

Star Men
    Joe Hart
    Luka Modric
    Diego Costa

Prediction
    Premiership: 15th.
    Champions League: Phase 2.
    FA Cup: Winners.

vCash
    Great write up mate although 4th might be a step too far for little old Hull!!

vCash
    Some interesting league predictions there Mark with Swansea becoming champions and Spurs finishing 10th.

Psst, Mark, West Ham got Moutinho (that Portuguese fella) not the Brazillian brother of Philippe

vCash
    I think you've put together a nice squad though, some real quality in there now.

I should note that my 'predictions' are not my own opinions. They came from a holiday based save that I ran this morning to test that the new save game worked. My reviews of transfers will undoubtedly differ from the predictions!

vCash
    Predicted 1st - pressure!

No Europe for Swans means a full scale league attack and some good cup runs!

vCash
    Mark – firstly, a massive for DTL – gotta be one of the favourite parts of the site so a credit to ya! Super write up as well going through the transfer dealings!

My thoughts……….

Erk - has some firepower there! Strong looking midfield as well! My nemesis in big games

AMC – I’m interested to see how Kokorin does for you that left the Swans

Peaceboy – couple of great loan signings there (I don’t know why I didn’t offer a load of my players for loan!) – Championship is a heavy tough league but we have confidence in you!

Foddy – some big “outs” there - Big pressure on Gabriel to perform!

Pyro – a stable/safe season seems key for you before pushing forward?

Trunky – “news of financial trouble” - - Some quality signings tho

Kano – cracking adventure for you with Leeds – some experienced heads should make you challenge in the championship

Vinjwoods – going for the "stack 'em up and sell ‘em" tactic? Hope Jags does well for you

Jesus – You may need to change the club crest next year following the recent news IRL. 3 thumping signings – hope Keissling doesn’t have a cruciate injury - What was that Hull deal all about?!

Janis – LOVES doing a deal! - Looks like some brilliant predictions for you but will fixture congestion play a part?

Mark – 2 massive signings (hope Luis does well for you) but have you got the squad strength if any major inuries/suspensions? Word on the street is your asking your Brazilians to play the Hendo 4-5-1 defensive tactic

Ebfatz - Berahino who I usually find average in CM is tearing it up for me in my Portsmouth team. Austin also doing well at Swans – Best of British to you for the season! 

Dermo – very “solid” midfielders there – but will they provide the spark? Maybe you do not need it with the BEAST that is Breel Embolo!

Swans – I have needed to strengthen at the back (so to speak) for some time so am pleased with summer dealings. Devastated with last season and no European action but “we go again” this year

AJ – LOVES a HAGGLE! Crazy predications of Europe vs Domestic?! The questions is – can you get the best out of Reus and find his best position?!

BobMem – I like the cut of the jib with his signings! Would be very surprised if they were far down the table as the prediction!

DTL - BRING IT ON!

vCash
    Agree with Redders, the DTL is my favourite part of the site and I'm really looking forward to season 7, thanks for all the effort and the write-up.

Feeling a little naked going into it without my old talisman Keissling though. If Diego Costa breaks his leg in month 1 then so help me...

The league predictions are interesting, I'm hoping to do significantly better then 15th, although I expect Janis, Erk, AJ, Redders, Dermo and Jesus to finish above me, so maybe sneaking a European place is the best I can hope for!

I really hope pyro and Kaneman are scrapping it out for top spot in the Championship.

Here's to an exciting season boys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Jesus – You may need to change the club crest next year following the recent news IRL. 3 thumping signings – hope Keissling doesn’t have a cruciate injury - What was that Hull deal all about?!
    It's a long season and I had sold a lot of my fringe players so needed some depth in case of a crisis.

Failing that, they can provide moral support, magic sponges and water bottles.

vCash
    What a great write up! I love the DTL. This season does have a couple of peaceboy stamps on it, but i am worried with the 3rd place prediction - though it does mean i have a chance to improve!

Looking forward to getting it underway!

vCash
    Fancy story Markus! Looking sharp as always. 10th is a prediction I can surely beat

I get to play the World Club Cup, imagine that! That thing will look good in our cabinet!

I predict Janis is gonna run away with it and me and Erk will go head to head for 2/3. We'll be joined by Swansea and a coupla others. Maybe Hull, they do have Zlatan now.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    19th!!!

vCash
    Star players don't make top team - I have a well rounded squad (love a sell & purchase) which I will be happy to take upwards to 7th if get formation to fit.

vCash
    I hope the CML dudes don't expect this much quality in my reports

Superb as normal Mark, superb

Yes I have sold some defenders, but look at that attack... I am Kevin Keegan, score more than you concede... you will see!

vCash
    Dream Team League - Season 7 - July

It's a quiet month for the majority of us in July but not for one Southampton manager who has to contend with the Inter-Toto Cup. Such a competition can attract negativity in some parts but not by the Dream Team League. Dermotron knows full well that being one of the winners in the Inter-Toto Cup can lead to qualification in the UEFA Cup and the pundits are already tipping his assembled squad as one of the teams to watch in the tournament.

Southampton join the competition in the Third Round, playing the first leg at home against Lechia Gdansk who hail from Poland. A team without any professional players in their ranks, Southampton handed debuts to several players and breezed to a comfortable 2:0 lead as Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Breel Embolo make it goalscoring debuts with a strike each in the first half. The visitors then lose a man to a second red card just after half-time but despite the extra man, Southampton take the foot off the gas and stroll through the rest of the game, winning 2:0.

Meanwhile, Tottenham Hotspur receive confirmation that they'll face Fluminense in the Intercontinental Cup. AJ will take on the team from Brazil who already had 7 professionals in their ranks who once participated in the Dream Team League. They are Luis Advincula, Antonio Carlos, Mario Bolatti, Juan Quintero, David Henen, Victor Ibarbo and Robinho.

A week later, Dermotron takes his side to Poland for the return leg of the Inter-Toto Cup. There, Lechia Gdansk are once again greeted by a dominating display from the Saints who see another new recruit score his first goal for the club. Sergi Darder finds the net after 15 minutes and Southampton make it 2:0 after the break with Embolo making it two in two. The final result of 4:0 on aggregate sees Dermotron progress into the Semi Final where Montpellier await.

For the two managers in the Championship, they learn of their fate in the League Cup after the draw took place for the First Round of the League Cup. Leeds were the first side out of the hat as Kaneman's newly assembled squad were handed a home tie against Plymouth. For the recently relegated peaceboy, Derby will travel away from home to take on Swindon at The County Ground.

Back to the Inter-Toto Cup, Southampton were made clear favourites against Montpellier who have no players to speak of. A red card was shown once more as the first leg took place in France as the hosts were reduced to 10 men after just 32 minutes. That allowed man of the moment Embolo to score twice before Montpellier were then left with 9 men after another red card with 19 minutes left on the clock. Up popped Neven Subotic with the third goal of the game to give Dermotron a comfortable lead for the return leg at home.

With four goals in three games, the investment that Dermotron made in Breel Embolo looks to be paying off already.

We now look forwards to seeing what August brings for all 16 of our Dream Team League managers as the season gets fully underway!

vCash
    And we're off! Handy few friendly matches for dermo. I'll be following Breel's career, although it'll be different gravy versus the DTL elite. I can only think of the odb dtl where wonderkids were just kids...

vCash
    Wouldn't read too much in to Embolo's performances when he's putting goals away against nobodies.

vCash
    Has he got ebola so no one goes near him

Nice move derm, clever bastard for an Irish man!

vCash
    He gets better with age, like a good port.

vCash
    Just submitted first squad for new season - getting ready now and excited to see if my squad of young talent can do better than last year!! Squeeky bum time till we get goin!!

Good luck lads

vCash
    Thumping start Dermo

Nice cup draws for the Championship boys as well

vCash
    Great start Dermo. Embolo may already have 4 in 3, but when he comes up against my star-studded defence I very much doubt he'll get more than 3!

Nice write-up Mark, I'm really excited about DTL being back! Let the disappointment commence!

vCash
    Does Inter-toto Cup go on the Hall of Fame list?

Not that I want to jinx reaching the UEFA Cup proper!

vCash
    It hasn't previously I don't think.

vCash
    Thank you everyone for all your efforts in getting this thing up and running for season 7

this is one of the main factors i am still here, and a huge debt of gratitude is owed to Mark, Bob, Redders, Erk, etc,who's updates are priceless

I wish i had the time to put towards such things, maybe one day i will.

until then, i will continue to be a part of a brilliant idea that continues to provide a competitive entertaining forum for old gits like me that pretend to know about football .

Thank you

vCash
    Finally got my wifi back since moving house, and downloaded the latest save.

Nice write up Mark, just a quick one and sorry if it's been cleared up elsewhere, but I have FGN players in my squad, aren't we using the EEC hack? Cheers.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast