Thread: Issue with officials and foreign names

vCash

Issue with officials and foreign names

As the thread title suggests, I have noticed an odd issue with CM 00/01 3.89 (vanilla and modified, but not tested with 3.81 or 3.86) where newly generated officials end up with second names from the wrong nation. First names are fine. My testing hasn't been extensive, but there seems to be a pattern to it. What I know for sure is that if I'm playing in England with every other league running in the background, new referees get Brazilian names, so I end up with chaps like John Lima dos Santos and Dave Godoy Gimenez. Similarly, when running only four other background leagues, the names are consistently Belgian, so we get Steve Nilis and Andy Jacquemain. As I have to run through a couple of seasons every time to get new officials generated, this is about the extent of my testing so far. However, it highlights the basic point of what's happening. Has anyone else noticed this behaviour, and is there a solution for it? It's not game killing, but it is very annoying.

vCash
    This happens in 01/02 too! Not sure there is a fix for it.

vCash
    Thanks, Fodster. That's surprisingly reassuring. I was playing a version I'd heavily modified when I first noticed the issue and thought it was something I'd done. So I went back and tried the vanilla game and there it still was. Now I know it's also in 01/02, it's definitely a core programming issue. I curious to see if others have noticed this and been able to fix it at all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Conquest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I am playing EPL wt the latest patch which has all the most up to date (do-able changes) and my last few games refs are:

Alex Koko-Lomell
    Ken Belodovic
    Jason Abdel Rahem
    Frederik Geldhof
    Martin Gubser

vCash
    In my long-test game of the Women's DB I'm getting some of the same things, the refs in the last 10 WSL1 matches are:

Shirley Rocha da Silva
    Maddie Pessall
    Imogen Montanini
    Alex Sato
    Nat Beaumont
    Natalie Walker *
    Stephi Paulino Santos
    Sam Pinto Martins
    Jenny Pereira da Silva
    Ivy Pereira Junior

* means real ref

Keeping in mind I've got only 17 English refs in the DB.

With 200 German refs, these are the refs in the last ten 1. Frauen-Bundesliga matches:

Paula Rhola
    Chiara Melo dos Santos
    Laura-Sophie Klemz *
    Peggy Nestler *
    Selina Foster
    Christine Imhof
    Bibiana Steinhaus *
    Katja Mattig *
    Anja Klimm *
    Maren Thoden *

6/10 here, so rather better than England, but still somewhat surprising considering there's over 10 times more German refs than English...