Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7, 8 & 10 Issues and Queries

frillip Unattached
    I have already copied all of the september files over to the data folder manually.

The game is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\

Does this make any difference? And i installed the latest patch and then used Tapani 2.19 Patch.

vCash
    no, that folder is fine.

the order is 1. install game, 2. install 3.9.68 patch, 3. update with september data, 4. apply tapani 2.19 patch and start in 2010

frillip Unattached
    WORKING!!!

Thank you so much i must of done something in the wrong order!!

mcnamee19 Unattached
    Hi there. I am having some problems saving my 'additional' files in CM 01/02. I have detailed below the steps I have taken, so it may be easy for people to pinpoint where I am going wrong:

1) I have copied a save game from a Windows XP laptop to a Windows 7 laptop. Ths file loads and saves correctly.
    2) I have correctly installed the game, the SI games patch, the March 2012 ODB update, and the 2.19 Tapani Patch.
    3) I have enabled the 'Run Game as Administrator' option on the 'Properties' screen. I have also enabled to relevant compatability mode.

Everything loads and saves fine, except the tactics, training, and scout reports - is this solely because I do not have UAC disabled?

vCash
    The location for the files on XP was this:

C:\Program Files\Championship Manager 01-02\

Whereas on Win7 it's probably looking for

C:\Program Files(x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\

You can load them by deleting the (x86) from the 'Directory' line. It will only affected the save games that you moved across, new games wont require any changes

mcnamee19 Unattached
    Thanks a lot for this - it was the directory path that was the problem (for some reason there was not a file called 'tactics' in the CM folder)

Many Thanks

vCash

it is my laptop and win 7 and september tapanified update...i get this error...any solution?
    thanks

vCash
    Right click on the desktop > Personalize > Display settings > change colors to 16 bit

Also change to windowed mode as a test to see if it works

PiciLecce Unattached
    I downloaded cm01/02,and installed virtual clone drive and extracted to desktop and when i click on the cm01/02 i get error can't open vcd!? i have win 7...what should i do?

vCash
    Now I have tryed everythin of tips that I have found on this thread. Tryed to install with mount cd drive, burn on cd and burn on dvd. All that happends is that it loads a short while before nothing more happends. when I open taskmanager I can see the setup.exe file running and using mem but nothing happends. Kinda frustrating. What should the files I use when I should install be compatible with? Windows 7 or windows 97?

monstru Unattached

windows 7 , 64bits issue - game froze

hello,

i've restarted to play 01/02 after many years.
    i've downloaded the kit, the patch + sept 2012 update.
    installed on an w7 enterprise sp1 (i5/8gb ram) , the game starts, runs smoothly, but i have a very weird issue , if i leave the game for 10-15min and make browsings/work in excel etc (do my job) , the game goes frozen (i cannot bring back the cm window) and i have to kill the process so that i can close and restart.
    anyone encountered with this issue before?

thanks in advance

vCash
    Go to your Data folder and delete (or move) a file called cpuinf32.dll and see does that help.

Sounds like the graphics driver is changing from 16bit color (CM0102) to 32bit or higher but not reverting back, so maybe update your graphics and monitor drivers also.

vCash
    Have a read from here on in the thread also - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...4700#post14700

monstru Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Have a read from here on in the thread also - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...4700#post14700
    i've put the desktop at 16bit, deleted the file, i will start again to see if it helps

vCash
    well i would be pleased if it could run AT ALL, no matter resolution.
    I have tried compatibility changes in setup but nothing will work.
    I'm running on win7 ultimate 64bit machine.

I still have my 32bit pc also win7 ultimate. On that everything worked as a charm.
    Now its sad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGol View Post
    Hi there.

I'm trying to install the game in my laptop but it does not work. My OS system is Win7 64bit, I have disabled UAC, I've disabled antivirus, I tried to install it directly from the CD, running the setup.exe file as administrator, and I've even tried to install it from the iso using daemon tools, but th+e result is always the same: nothing happens, not even an error message, and when I check the task manager there is a "Setup.exe*32" proccess running, but nothing really happens.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Maybe the game is not compatible with a 64bit OS?

I'd appreciate any help, thank you in advance!
    exactly same happening here. donno what to do

vCash
    game crashes for my after 1 season??!!what is a problem??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyewear View Post
    game crashes for my after 1 season??!!what is a problem??
    Are you using the 2012 update patch?
    If yes have you remembered to set the start year to 2010 instead of 2011 or 2012?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGol View Post
    Hi there.

I'm trying to install the game in my laptop but it does not work. My OS system is Win7 64bit, I have disabled UAC, I've disabled antivirus, I tried to install it directly from the CD, running the setup.exe file as administrator, and I've even tried to install it from the iso using daemon tools, but th+e result is always the same: nothing happens, not even an error message, and when I check the task manager there is a "Setup.exe*32" proccess running, but nothing really happens.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Maybe the game is not compatible with a 64bit OS?

I'd appreciate any help, thank you in advance!
    exactly same happening here. donno what to do
    I made it work!!!
    now maybe the following are ABC for some of you, but i post what i did. Maybe it helps others:

Extract the file. You have now an ISO file.
    Run the iso file (or simply double click on the file), it will now be mounted by a free ISO software.
    NOW! DO NOT RUN THE SETUP!
    Instead choose to open folder and show the files.
    In the new window, localize SETUP.exe and mark it by single click.
    Rigth click on setup and choose properties at bottom.
    In the new little window choose compatability tab.
    Mark, run this program in competability mode and choose Windows XP (service pack 2)
    Now the below part is important!!
    Look further below that box and mark also on Admin lev. "run this program as admin"
    Close your browsers.
    Click ok and right click now on setup again and choose "Run as admin" from top and Voila!

If you have problems with other patches or what ever, you need to do the following.
    It worked for me

bazgow Unattached
    mine bombs out with a non descript error on a specific day not far into my second season. Have tried everything to avoid, even starting a new game and it still dies on the same day which is very frustrating after putting in the hours to get that far to test it. I give up now, no help from the forums yet either and now my original post has been binned I think i am runnning the tapified sept 2012 update and am playing as wolves starting in the championship, progressing to the premier league for my second season both times. have tried holiday mode but that didnt work either. it dies when it is 'processing' to go to the next date. using windows 7 64 bit, not in full screen.

vCash
    Start in 2010, no other year is stable, your pc if fine as is the data update but the tapanified database not so good unless u start in 2010

vCash
    25th October? See the Tapani sept 2012 thread

vCash
    Chaps, been playing a few games with the update and all has been well, thought I'd try ODB for a laugh and trip down memory lane but I can't get it to work. Game loads but when I click game settings the screen flashes and then crashes, any ideas?

apg186 Unattached

Windows 8 01/02 Compatability problem

Hello all,

I've recently switched computers to windows 8 and trying to download 0102 again doesn't work anymore. It burns onto the CD/DVD fine but I can't open any of the files at all it just says langlib..cpp389 then game_config..cpp 84. I've tried switching compatabilities to all the vistas/XPs and I get the same error message. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

janah007 Unattached
    windows 7.. must get help!! after 7 seasons with sep2012 update my computer restart itself twice and ran some kind of scan before windows was up to check for bugs or something and when i restored my save game as usual its get stucked about half way there and then the game crushes with some kind of windows problem.. Ill be happy with any idea for why its happend.. my computer was shut down before 3-4 times without this scan and the saved game i had always worked

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast