Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1212

Thread: Windows 7, 8 & 10 Issues and Queries

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Charity Shield/Cup Title
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Do you get an error message or CM not responding message?

vCash

Difficulties playing the most recent October Update version

Hello,

First of all I apologize if I am addressing my issue in the wrong forum/thread.. In the subject is the article dealing with the issue I have, however I wasn't able to find a way to reply there.

I am experiencing the following issues with the latest version of the October update:

( I have changed laptops, and currently I am trying the game on two laptops using on both SSD hard drives.

On both - the game runs very very slowly (which was typical for machines I've used 15 years ago, however very annoying now. On both laptops it takes around 10mins to start the game, and If i choose more leagues - even more. Also between the different days, it takes a long loading time... However I continued playing until I reach - DEC 27. Where everyting ends - loading, hanging...and in order to get out of this..i need to restart the laptop...

I have noticed that on both laptops I have tried. Both are with SSD, and I presume it has something to do with that?

I have of course followed all the installation instructions (I have been playing the game for the last 15+ years...so it's not that I am not familiar with all the small things while installing it...however the only difference I consider is - those SSD hards...previously up to know I was running the game on normal HDD's with no difficulties.

thanks you in advance!

shumi85

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Well you can confirm the problem by installing the game on a HDD to see if it runs just as slow or faster.

I've got all sorts of versions (ODB, latest patch, previous patches) installed on both SSD and HDD, but I don't notice any performance issues tbh.

Maybe your CPU on your laptop's aren't strong enough?

vCash
    Hi All

Thanks to all who put in the hard work on this website, its keeping one of the best games ever alive!

I am trying to install on a new laptop, all fine for the vanilla game but when i try to install the Tapani 2.21.1 patch it wont download due to a 'virus detected', and its almost impossible to turn of Windows defender now since Microsofts constantly constraining Windows 10 updates. Does anyone know any work around for this at all? Obviously i want to mod the game to make it as current as possible

Any help would be much appreciated

vCash
    Well, not right now... I don't have a HDD...however I will start from scratch - deleting and installing all once again...

my laptop shouldn't be the problem...it's i5 vPro, dell latitude - 2,5 GH/z...with 6 ddr 3 RAM....it can't be the problem, since this one is much better than my previous machines....

vCash
    Sorry, ignore the message above, i did the Saturn Patch v4+ download(s) and all seems to be working fine, thanks anyway

vCash
    Same thing....

it takes about 10mins to load 4-5 leagues at the very beggining, when starting a new game....I have run as Admin, Used compatibility mode, as shown in the instructions...dowloaded, mounted etc...as I have always done...installed the 242 patch, and copy-pasted the Oct files into the Date file of the installed game..

that's making the game unplayable...also the Stuck on 27 Dec is always happening ....and then it loads forever ....

any ideas?

Maybe the Win 10 Pro I am using has problem with the game?

The loading is very strange to me, as I used to play on a 3 times slower machine...and even to more slower in the past...and the game was "flying" ...simply now something isn't ok...I can't figure it out...

vCash
    Same issue on Win 10 64bit for me. Never found the reason

vCash
    yep, win 10, 64 here as well...

vCash
    It is a lot quicker using saturns v4 patch though. Read the OP here and download the desired set-up from post #2

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10079

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    It is a lot quicker using saturns v4 patch though. Read the OP here and download the desired set-up from post #2

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10079
    Yes indeed. With the Saturn patch it works fine on my Windows 10 64-bit system as well. In fact, superfast!

vCash
    I confirm what they have written above, I also use Win 10 64 bit and I have no problem with speed

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849