Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 596566676869
Results 1,701 to 1,711 of 1711

Thread: Windows 7, 8 & 10 Issues and Queries

  1. #1701

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,095
    Assume you tried the above? Do you have the CM folder in C drive? (Program Files x86)

    If so, delete that, uninstall game from control panel add/remove programs (if it there)

    Maybe try switching off firewall/security etc and then try to install

  2. #1702

    Join Date
    23-07-14
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Assume you tried the above? Do you have the CM folder in C drive? (Program Files x86)

    If so, delete that, uninstall game from control panel add/remove programs (if it there)

    Maybe try switching off firewall/security etc and then try to install

    all right

    thank yuo very much

  3. #1703

    Join Date
    03-06-12
    Posts
    2
    Tried to play the game today. Downloaded the game, the 3.9.68 update, the March 2020 update, some tactics, all seems fine and the game does work. But my mouse doesn't work very well. It seems to double click automaticly and I can't drag players when injured. So I had to play a match with 9 men, because I can't replace them. I have Windows 10 on my pc.

    Any advice?

  4. #1704

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    Tried to play the game today. Downloaded the game, the 3.9.68 update, the March 2020 update, some tactics, all seems fine and the game does work. But my mouse doesn't work very well. It seems to double click automaticly and I can't drag players when injured. So I had to play a match with 9 men, because I can't replace them. I have Windows 10 on my pc.

    Any advice?
    Should find a solution in here mate - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1207

  5. #1705

    Join Date
    03-06-12
    Posts
    2
    They should edit the 1st post of that thread. The solution is simple, do not play (matches) in windowed mode.

  6. #1706

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    They should edit the 1st post of that thread. The solution is simple, do not play (matches) in windowed mode.
    Not sure that's the total solution as many of us play games in windowed mode

  7. #1707

    Join Date
    30-09-20
    Posts
    2
    Hey everyone - I'm sure this has been asked before but there's so much information to trawl through figured a question might be the easier option. I'm having issues getting this installed. Everything downloaded fine and mounted. However when I click Setup or autorun (including as admin) Windows thinks about it then nothing happens. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home 64-bit on a new laptop. Thanks - hopefully together we can get this sorted.

  8. #1708

    Join Date
    16-09-20
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by bbro View Post
    Hey everyone - I'm sure this has been asked before but there's so much information to trawl through figured a question might be the easier option. I'm having issues getting this installed. Everything downloaded fine and mounted. However when I click Setup or autorun (including as admin) Windows thinks about it then nothing happens. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home 64-bit on a new laptop. Thanks - hopefully together we can get this sorted.
    Hi there, have you tried to run the installer in a WinXP SP3 compatibility mode? Right click the icon, Properties, then Compatibility check Run this program in compatibility mode and from the dropdown select Windows XP SP3. Apply then run the installer as admin again.
    I think you also need to have the patches installed, the order for me was first patch v3.9.65 and then v3.9.68
    You can find those official patches here: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=14
    Last edited by kozel; 30-09-20 at 11:57 PM.

  9. #1709

    Join Date
    30-09-20
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Kozel. Unfortunately that had the same result - a couple of seconds of loading wheel then nothing. The patches don't work without a valid install.

  10. #1710

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    28,095
    Firstly, go to “My Computer” and then find disc drive and double click
    Otherwise go to disc drive, right click and choose “Run”/ “Open” or “Autoplay”
    If neither of them work then close down browsers and any instant messaging services (skype etc) as for some reason this clashes with Autorun

    Then, try this which another member suggested and seems to work well for Windows 8 and 10 as well for setup hanging

    1. Browse to the disk contents by going to the drive letter where the disk is (either ISO or cd-rom).
    2. Right click on SETUP.EXE, go to Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in Windows XP (service pack 2) mode and tick the box ""Run this program as an administrator"".
    3. Double click on setup.exe
    4. If nothing happens, open up the task manager by right clicking on the task bar and choosing Task Manager or press control + shift + escape at the same time.
    5. Go to the Details tab on the task manager and sort by name. You are looking for SETUP.EXE. If there are multiple ones running then kill them all. Click on setup.exe in the list and press the delete key or the end task button to kill the process.
    6. Run setup.exe again as per step 3 - you only want one install process running.
    7. Back in the task manager, Right click on setup.exe and hit the Analyze Wait Chain option. This will tell you what is preventing the install from running. Find that process and kill it.

    In my case it was SetPoint.exe, a logitech program that controls my wireless mouse/keyboard software. As soon as I killed it the install launched.
    "

  11. #1711

    Join Date
    27-10-18
    Posts
    1
    For future people.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRindnZ_i-0

    This fixed my issue for when the instalation (EXE) didnt start.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to UA83 For This Useful Post:


Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 596566676869

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •