Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Challenge 33 - The Cherries On The Top

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    It's more to do with future proofing the challenges. Some people prefer to have a save handed to them rather than downloading the required database, especially if they're trying an older challenge.

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Thats what I said. Right?

vCash
    Season one

I loaded my own game so no problems crashing... Wierd one this, finished 17th but got 47 points! Nearly got relegated. Liverfool won the league with 67 points low total. Now to get rid of the rest of the players and sort out my tactic.

transfers

Table

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trainor83 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Relegated with 42 poor Villa

vCash
    Well done getting through first season

vCash
    Fire sale at Bournemouth, got 5 original players left to sell in a month, looking like i might fail to get rid before start of season 2!!! Would that be a fail? Or as long as i dont play them is that ok? Transfer windows are on so its a bit tough, the board are blocking loads of transfers and releasing players too. The only way i could see round it is to release players then quit then add manager but that is cheating...

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trainor83 View Post
    Fire sale at Bournemouth, got 5 original players left to sell in a month, looking like i might fail to get rid before start of season 2!!! Would that be a fail? Or as long as i dont play them is that ok? Transfer windows are on so its a bit tough, the board are blocking loads of transfers and releasing players too. The only way i could see round it is to release players then quit then add manager but that is cheating...
    It wouldn't be a fail but you wouldn't get any points for season two. You've had a full season to get shut of them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    It wouldn't be a fail but you wouldn't get any points for season two. You've had a full season to get shut of them!
    To be fair Callum Wilson has been injured all season i cant see many people getting shut of him for the start of season 2!

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trainor83 View Post
    To be fair Callum Wilson has been injured all season i cant see many people getting shut of him for the start of season 2!
    ...and there lies part of the challenge which will separate the men from the boys.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great to see a couple of new challenges, best of luck everyone!

vCash
    Just release the players you cannot sell?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Just release the players you cannot sell?
    The board block it, unrealistic transfer fees and to valuable of player. Got 15 days to sell a few players including Callum Wilson before the start of season 2, might have to bite the bullet and run season 2 and earn no points.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to trainor83 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi, doing my first ever challenge here - and enjoying this one very much so far...
    Question ; rules says no bosmans - does that mean no signing of players whose contracts expire with other clubs ? cheers

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisani View Post
    Hi, doing my first ever challenge here - and enjoying this one very much so far...
    Question ; rules says no bosmans - does that mean no signing of players whose contracts expire with other clubs ? cheers
    You're not allowed free players.
    You have to buy all your signings.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Entering final stages of season one. We're in the cup final (gonna be a problem as most of my players are cuptied) and steadily in the top 5. Sold for 37.5, bought for 32.5.

Funny how I got three players (Robles, Powell, Mendes) who had previously been sold a division down and immediatly were unhappy.

How are you guys doing?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I just finished season 1 and had a blast ! Won the FA cup on pens against Southamton but lost my lead in the league on the very last day

Well, too bad there's no points for 1st season...

Sold players for 31M with some more money coming in when the last players get shipped on July1 - and spend 16M on new signings, the best signing being my new keeper...
    The board spend 10M of the profit on new facilities and only expect us to stay clear of relegation but I have other plans

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Very close finish there.
    What formation did you apply?

vCash
    Yea close one for sure...
    I haven't played NWW for years so I just went with the default 4-1-3-2 and all season long I tinkered with the arrows and instructions to find a suitable outlook...

Social Media Team
    vCash
    Seems the old 4132 served you really well. Did you get any good ratings out of your new signings or is there work to be done in the summer?

vCash
    I would put my good start down to some decent transfers - 33 of them in the first year to be exact... the goalie being the best buy
    Lots of dealing to be done still though - spreading the wealth rite

VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    deep into season three. Going quite well, my 442 works perfectly. Lucky for me Leicester went down in season one, so Kante, Mahrez and Vardy are the heart of my succesfull team. Will be winning our second title, won the League Cup, going for a triple with the FA cups. Already bagged the UEFA cup last season, but failed to win the World Club Champs. Made a crapload of screenies, so that will be fine.

Quite like this challenge, chapeau!

vCash
    I'm coming towards end of season 1 and doing badly - but should stay up

Made too many signings really so havn't had a settled team. Hopefully sort that out in summer tho

vCash
    Things are well on the south coast - although it is a bit awkward building a top team in such mediocre facilities... currently I have the scouts from FC Barcelona and Real Madrid running around asking for the cava and tapas but there is none to be found... #badhost

vCash
    First time I've been to these challenges, so went to this one first as it was top of the list, have to say, loving the concept and the rules and regs, very good challenge, might take a stab at this, can I just confirm a couple things, some of which may have already been answered, but would like confirmation

I'm ok using the Tapni 2.21 with the transfer windows?

No WibWobs but any other exceptions on tactics? such as full backs/wingers

I hate the contract protection feature, hence I have it disabled, is this ok?

Has Bournemouth's bank account been altered at all?

I'm actually considering knocking my evening plans on the head to kick this off, but the wife may rip my bollocks off, so guess this will have to wait

Cheers

Mikey

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I assume that there are no centralized/cheat tactics allowed.... so there probably have to be 2 wide players somewhere (DL & DR, ML & MR, etc...)

I think you're fine with everything else but we'll see what the other challenge mods think

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast