Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finding a new job abroad - by Red9

vCash
    the game is flawed.

poor ca (Current Ability), use a savegame editor and raise your ca. At the beginning of a game you're handed a random CA which affect the jobs u can take after your first club, it's pretty god damn stupid but hey - it's the way it works.

vCash
    I checked my CA/PA in my current save - both were 66. However, I've still managed to change jobs quite often, probably because my reputation is almost maxed out due to massive success? My career looks like this:

Blackburn. Won the championship, the premier league, the champions league etc etc ..
    Monaco. Won the french first division, looking good in the champions league, but went to Tottenham.
    Tottenham. Won the premier league, the champions league etc etc ... signed Messi for 20 million, he's a beast!
    Kingstonian. Won conference north.
    Holland. For the first time in my career, I won nothing and was sacked!
    Newcastle. Currently 2nd in the premier league.

English nationality. For what it's worth, I've found it somewhat easier to change jobs as unemployed. When managing Kingstonian, I sent out applications to every club available, some in the premier league and some in the leagues below. No interest what so ever. However, after resigning I applied to ...can't remember, Chelsea? A major club. But anyway, I was offered the job shortly after. Could it be that being in a minor club somewhat lowers your reputation? I went for Holland, though.

vCash

Getting new jobs abroad? Is it possible?

Guys, whats your experience?

I am 10 seasons in on latest ODB update, started in Germany with Wolfsburg and won 1 title and 1 champions league in 4 season. Left to take over at Hull City, go them into Premier League and have won the title 3 times on the trot, but havent cracked Europe yet.

But felt like a new challenge and have applied for jobs at Schalke, Lazio, Inter, Dortmund & Werder Bremen as they have come up and nothing!

I'm rated best in world on stats, so what is the crack?

I want to keep this game going without creating a new manager but cant seem to swap jobs?

Anyone else experience this and any advice.

Ta

vCash

vCash
    Thanks dude

vCash
    Although looking at it Im buggered without editing the game.

Great bit of research though.

Also fab site, I've been playing since this game since 1993 on Amiga - and the game without doubt peaked at 01/02, nothing else since has satisfied the same!:

Im 37 now, full time employed and married with 3 kids but still love a good session whilst sat watching the match!

Keep up the good work

vCash
    Yeah, the manager thing is a bit of nuisance.

Apparently the issue doesn't exist with the .65 patch but the Data Updates wont work on that patch

vCash
    I'm too lazy to go through all the posts, but I was wondering which program do I need to change my CA/PA and what numbers should I set it at.

In my current save, I'm trying to break the "Number of Manager Jobs" from the All-Time Records thread. I'm up to 57 jobs now, but I'm tired of managing lower level teams.

vCash
    If edit your CA/PA with an editor your achievement is just null and void though

CM Explorer will do the job but with any save game editor you risk ruining ur save

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    If edit your CA/PA with an editor your achievement is just null and void though

CM Explorer will do the job but with any save game editor you risk ruining ur save
    Good point! I won't do it until my next save than just to keep in line with the rules. I guess I will have to just live with dominating Serie C1 and C2.

I think I tried to use CM Explorer, but I couldn't find myself in the list of managers.

vCash
    Use Gk Editor

vCash
    <advert>'Deed Poll' in Flex 2 will also do this - plus it lets you edit your nationalities</advert>

aussiefox84 Unattached

getting jobs in other countries

i always find it hard to get jobs in other countries. even after being successful. here is my scenario.

Managed probably the worst welsh premier team Cambrian & Clydach for 5 seasons

* out of the 5 seasons i won the last 3 league titles scoring 100 goals each season.
    * in my 3rd season i beat maccabi haifa in uefa cup then lost to russian side Anzhi Makhachkala on away goals.
    * 5 years i finished 4th, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st in league.
    * won 3 domestic cup comps
    * got the club about 1.5 million pounds in profit

to me that is pretty good? i was looking for jobs in england after season 4 and for 2 season could not get accepted for any england conference or 3rd div team. why?

if it was real life surely a manager with that record would get a crack in england somewhere?

vCash
    It's a known problem with the 3.68 patch which puts some people off playing the game as what's the point if u can't get a job but anyway there is a MASSIVE thread dedicated to it.

You might need to use a save game editor to change your pa to get that elusive job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    I think it's quite obvious that even the AI managers have a difficult time moving abroad. In these tests only one manager was successful in getting a job in a foreign country. That was Jose Mourinho to Villareal and he has almost maximum attributes for reputations and CA/PA - there's a lesson in there for us I think.
    So in the updates have managers CA/PA been increased so it's more likely for them to move abroad?

vCash
    Great read. I'm playing with the .65 update (ODB) and find this part of the game HUGELY frustrating! I've managed Italian side Avellino from the start of the game. Won promotion from the Serie C1/B in the first season. Won promotion from the Serie B two seasons later. Relegated during my first season in the Serie A (but only just) and bounced straight back up as champions of the Serie B. Then finished 10th in the Serie A. Nothing spectacular, but I'm the fifth best manager in Italy now with a 'superb' reputation. Every time a nice Italian job comes along (Napoli, Lazio etc.) someone with a lower reputation gets it. It drives me crazy. It might be because of my nationality (Dutch), but I don't get decent jobs in the Netherlands either

Is the problem (a little bit) less annoying in the .68 version or not? I'm dying to know. Oh yeah, I even get rejected by Second Division clubs in England

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the Devil's Advocate View Post
    Great read. I'm playing with the .65 update (ODB) and find this part of the game HUGELY frustrating! I've managed Italian side Avellino from the start of the game. Won promotion from the Serie C1/B in the first season. Won promotion from the Serie B two seasons later. Relegated during my first season in the Serie A (but only just) and bounced straight back up as champions of the Serie B. Then finished 10th in the Serie A. Nothing spectacular, but I'm the fifth best manager in Italy now with a 'superb' reputation. Every time a nice Italian job comes along (Napoli, Lazio etc.) someone with a lower reputation gets it. It drives me crazy. It might be because of my nationality (Dutch), but I don't get decent jobs in the Netherlands either

Is the problem (a little bit) less annoying in the .68 version or not? I'm dying to know. Oh yeah, I even get rejected by Second Division clubs in England
    Just as bad in 3.68 3.60 I believe it was still possible to get jobs.

vCash
    The game guide says this is deliberate.

However, are they

A. telling the truth to make the game more of a challenge
    B. pretending it was intentional instead of admit a bug
    C. it is intentional that it is harder to get a job abroad, but in practice it is not how they thought of it in theory

vCash
    A really helpful thread! My thanks to the author. You've answered my questions on why i could never get a decent job even though i was successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesanmarino View Post
    The game guide says this is deliberate.

However, are they

A. telling the truth to make the game more of a challenge

B. pretending it was intentional instead of admit a bug
    C. it is intentional that it is harder to get a job abroad, but in practice it is not how they thought of it in theory

I actually think that A is the answer here, have had lots of chats with one of the original makers of this game and i believe that was their aim, lets be honest irl it aint that easy to move abroad willy nilly is it really?

and in champ, you do get AI managers from other countries moving about, it's just a wee bit harder for the actual player of the game.

vCash
    The problem i had wasn't so much the job abroad issue, it was getting a job at another English club. I took Barnet from the Con to the Premier League, my rep was 'Superb' and Palace and Southampton were both relegated from the Premier and i applied for one of those jobs and didn't get them. The Southampton job was given to a lower league manager with a 'Fair' rating.

vCash
    You must have done something wrong in the interview?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BeezerCeltic1967 For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash

getting stuck in the job

guys... i know that this has been discussed and even tested for seasons long in another post... but....
    being successful, winning cups, continuous improvement, playing final in Champions League with Millwall... and then no job offers.. this is kinda annoying..
    is there anything which can be done in the patch, in the code, in editor (instead of changing nationality)? I appreciate your feedback..

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I get offered jobs when a) I am the same nationality of the team that's offering b) when I've amended my CA/PA to a high level (like 180/180) and c) when I've been playing for a long time

That's pretty much it though......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast