View Poll Results: What does Kingsley do next ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carry on until I get sacked

2 20.00%
  • Move to another club (Germany/Holland/Italy)

6 60.00%
  • Do a different story

2 20.00%
  • Something else (please add a comment)

0 0%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [STORY] Life's A Lottery

You need to give Salas a ring

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You need to give Salas a ring
    Oh err missus !
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Life’s A Lottery

Chile ! So much to think about, great players from the past like

Elias Figueroa, Ivan Zamorano or Marcelo Salas

And some current greats like

Arturo Vidal, Alexis Sanchez or Claudio Bravo

I didn't wait for the scouts to get back to me before firing off the bids, not that I was expecting them to be accepted. The scouts were given a list of players to look at, some well known names and current internationals, and others playing for clubs in Chile. Then I picked up the phone to make a call.

Kingsley: Manuel ! Mate ! How's it going ?
    Manuel Pellegrini: Who is this ?

Kingsley: Kingsley. Manager of Carpi FC 1909. I'm not sure that we have met in this one, but we had many head to heads in other parallel universes.
    Manuel: Never heard of you or Crapy. What do you want ?
    Kingsley: Never mind mate. Listen, bad luck on getting the sack from Shity. What are you doing now ?
    Manuel: I've retired
    Kingsley: Put your feet up …. good plan …. Jose is doing a great job a Shity. Top of the league I see
    Manuel: I don't want to talk about that club.
    Kingsley: Fair enough. Must be fun though with Pep at United and Jose at Shity. Do you think that in another parallel universe we might see Jose at United and Pep at Shity ?
    Manuel: I am an engineer, not a philosopher or astro physicist, so I wouldn't know. Why do you call the club Shity ?
    Kingsley: You called us Crapy first ! If you're not doing anything, would you be interested in a job at Carpi
    Manuel: What sort of budget would I have ?
    [b]Kingsley[b]: *** off ! You're not getting my job ! I was interested in what you know about current Chilean players ?
    Manuel: Well, I'd certainly recommend Alexis Sanches at Arsenal, Claudio Bravo at Barcelona, Gary Medel at Roma or Mauro Zarate at Atalanta
    Kingsley: Not sure that I could afford any of them ? What about some hidden gems ?
    Manuel: I wouldn't know. I only had a minimum price for buying players and they had to have bigger reputations than ability.
    Kingsley: In that case, what about using your engineering to build a robot footballer ?

Manuel: Done that, but Peter Crouch mark 1 had significant flaws

Manuel hadn't helped much, so I'd have to wait on the scout reports. In the meantime, Sassuolo were next to try to break the winning run. These derbies have always been very close, with 4 0-0 draws in the 7 games played that included a 1-0 defeat earlier in the season. I was looking to break that trend, so when Davie Selke smashed in a Tibbling through ball in the 5th minute it was looking good. We continued to dominate and created loads of chances, but sadly none would stick. Twice more Selke had the ball in the net, only for the linesman's flag to chalk it off. Typically, when you don't take your chances, you are made to pay and it was Bodi who found space to head in a Crisito cross …... OFFSIDE ! We survived. Late on we had a corner, and during the handbags as the ball came in, Ondoa was judged to have shoved Chalobah. The bizarre decision was to send off their keeper, but NO PENALTY ! With 10 men, they offered nothing more, so the winning run extends to 7 games.

In Turin, a late Dybala equaliser resulted in 2 more dropped points for Roma. 5 points is now their lead !

Next day brought some very unexpected news

No way ! I wonder how much he wants ? Would it be a risk to put my entire £32m transfer kitty into 1 player ? Saddly, we will never know the answer to these questions

Probably for the best, but Selke and Sanchez together would have been an interesting prospect and I might well have been tempted. Even without Sanchez, the media were starting to get interesed. Firstly, our game with Roma was moved to the Saturday lunchtime for live TV coverage, and then, I was slightly misquoted in the press.

What I actually said was that if we kept on winning we would be in with half a chance. I didn't actually think that we would win every game. Stefano liked it, and he took every opportunity to tell people that we were effectively champions elect !

Stefano was also very visible as we unveiled our first new signing. Marko Biskupovic was available on a free transfer, having been released by Kalmar FF after playing 85 times for the Swedish outfit. As a free agent, he could join immediately and not wait or the transfer window to reopen.

I didn't particularly need a central defender, but I'm not going to pass up on a player of Marko's talent for free. He goes straight into the squad, but sadly signed just to late to be registered for Europe. Stefano's role was to show his girlfriend the best that Carpi has to offer in entertainment

Back to league action on the Saturday and a testing trip to Fiorentina. With Roma not playing until the Sunday, it was a chance to close the gap to 2 points and put the pressure on. Sadly it was Carpi who were feeling the pressure. Our usual passing game was wayward and the hosts, with a very attacking 5-3-2 line up, were totally dominant. Rosi gave them a lead and going into first half injury time we hadn't had a shot at goal. That first effort was a Milevsky header and it surprised everyone by finding the back of the net. We were so stunned by our own equaliser that we went to sleep and Kalinic restored the hosts lead right on the whistle. They were given the hairdrier treatment at the interval and straight out the blocks, Artymatas picked up a lose ball and ran half the length of the pitch to level the scores again. For some reason we still couldn't get going. Bell-Baggie came on for Artymatas, then Karaveev and Selin brought fresh legs to a struggling defence. Fiorentina were going for it and we were holding on. A rash tackle from Seb Holmen earned him a second yellow and we had to play 5 minutes + injury time with 10 men. It was a brave decision. Rather than sacrificing an attacker, Chalobah was asked to shore up the defence. The order also went out for all out attack and Fiorentina were rattled. Suddenly we were on top for the first time. Milevsky won a corner, Tibbling crossed and Karavaev headed past a stunned Tatarusunu ! The Carpi bench went mental and Roma had something to think about

Roma however have gone right off the boil. At home to a poor Bologna side who failed to register a shot, Roma failed to score. We were just 3 points off the lead and the odds on us winning had been slashed. That head to head was becoming a massive game now.

Before we could continue with the league action, it was a trip to Amsterdam for the first game in a double header against Ajax. Like Fiorentina, we just never got going. Daley Blind was bossing the game and it was the former United man who gave them a first half lead. With over an hour played, we still trailed and had yet to register a shot. It was time for another brave decision. I pulled off my captain as part of a double substitution. Then this happened …..

Selke added a third so van Beek's late strike was little more than a consolation. Stoke beating Bayern 3-0 puts us firmly in control of the group, but these 3-2 wins are doing nothing for my nerves !

Back to the league an the 4-0 trouncing of Novara was as easy as the scoreline would suggest and it was enough to take us within 1 point of the leaders who again were held to a 0-0 draw by bottom side Palermo. A lead that was at one time 13 points had been almost wiped out.

The return with Ajax was a tense affair, with very few chances. Ajax tried to shut up shop, but Davie Selke had just 1 chance and that was all he needed. The 1-0 win, and Bayerns 3-1 victory against Stoke, puts us within 1 point of progressing and all but ends Ajax interest. Next up is a tricky visit to Munich.

In our final game before the showdown we visit a Frosinone side who we have beaten in our last 4 encounters, while Roma host Empoli. Is the pressure getting to us, many were thinking so as again we failed to turn up. The 0-0 draw ended the winning run at 11, equalling the club record set in my first season. The main talking point was the 13th minute injury to Kevin Lasagna who had been keeping Milevsky out of the starting 11 since the first Ajax game. Nathanial Chalobah picked up a booking and therefore a suspension for the Roma showdown, so that is 2 forced changes.

In Rome, the leaders regained some form with a 2-0 win, but lost captain Kevin Strootman to an injury which will keep him out for the showdown.

The lead is therefore 3 points going into the 6 pointer

Last edited by Kingsley; 23-09-16 at 09:15 AM.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Chile, very nice You could probably buy an all Chilean squad and do quite well. Wouldn't be too expensive either

You'd never think a Roma side would implode in CM! Got to rate your chances of overtaking them now!

Biskupovic sounds decent, and more of a Serbian than a Chilean!

Shame Sanchez wasn't interesting in joining, could maybe have fired you beyond Roma!

Sanchez would have been amazing indeed. Will have to settle for Vidal I guess .

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

Honestly never thought you would get this close.
    Yours for the taking now, depending on the result of the big one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Chile, very nice You could probably buy an all Chilean squad and do quite well. Wouldn't be too expensive either
    I'm starting to find some very decent youngsters. Audax Italianoin particular must have an amazing Academy !

You'd never think a Roma side would implode in CM! Got to rate your chances of overtaking them now!

Biskupovic sounds decent, and more of a Serbian than a Chilean!

Shame Sanchez wasn't interesting in joining, could maybe have fired you beyond Roma!
    Roma imploding. Am I loving it ? You bet ! My formative CM years were based around getting trounced by these guys, so revenge is very, very tasty !

Biskovic has played for Chile, so that will do for me, and as for Sanchez, he is on £77k per week and my maximum is £13k, so it was never on, but I did have to try, and it would have been interesting

Quote Originally Posted by JonasAjax View Post
    Sanchez would have been amazing indeed. Will have to settle for Vidal I guess .
    Vidal is getting on a bit, so I'm not sure that he would be worth it for 1 or 2 years. There are better options, and I think a big(ish) name likely to join

Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Honestly never thought you would get this close.
    Yours for the taking now, depending on the result of the big one!
    In manager speek, "it is just another game, and nothing will be decided one way or the other"

- - - Updated - - -

Life’s A Lottery

There was no important football played in the week between the Frossinone draw and the Roma showdown. As a result, it was the only topic of debate on the back pages of the press, all bar one muppet who thought it important to tell the world that Leonel Messi was a world class talent. No shit Sherlock ! Do those idiots get paid for writing this crap ? How about telling me about some unknown Chilean wonder-kid ?

Much of the focus was on the changes that both managers would be forced into making. For Carpi, Kevin Lasagna had picked up a knock and was definitely out, but would that meen that talismanic captain Artem Milevsky would get his place back alongside Davie Selke ? The pair had not started since Milevsky was taken off during the away win in Amsterdam. The second change would be in the defensive midfield slot where Chalobah had picked up a 1 game suspension. Strasser or Prychenenko would surely be in the frame for recalls. I gave nothing away, concentrating on the training

Over in Rome, Luciano Spalletti also had some problems. Gary Medel was out, while Maxim Gonalons and Kevin Strootman, the last 2 captains, were both considered doubtful. Who would take their defensive midfield position ? Daniele Di Rossi is now 35, or they might go for a teenager.

In terms of the changes, it looked like advantage Carpi. We get our captain back and they lose theirs, but when comparing the players head-to-head, there was no contest. On paper Roma should thrash us. However when you look at the form, we were WWWDD while Roma were LDWWD. Small advantage to Carpi who were still on a 15 game unbeaten run. The press could argue this one either way, and did, frequently.

It was too close to call, but what was agreed was that Roma must not lose. A Carpi win would put us level on points and with the momentum, it was far from certain that Roma could hold us off.

An hour before kickoff, the team sheets were released.

As expected, Milevsky was back, and Prychenenko was given the holding role in midfield. There was one other change in defence where Selin was dropped following a poor game at Frossinone, with Sebastian Holmen taking his place. Roma made 4 changes. Saponara took over from Strootman and young Senegalese Assane Diousse was their holding midfielder. The left of defence was all change as Balasa and Manolas replaced Torosidis and Leandro Castan. The big talking point was the formation. Roma were set up to defend and hit us on the break.

The tension was mounting as the players lined up for the kickoff

Spoiler!

Well, a win would have been ideal but I say focus on the fact you didn't lose and you can keep the pressure on them as they hopefully drop more points.

After such a build up to the Roma game we should have known it would be a drab affair. As Mark said though it could have been worse with a defeat, and there's still plenty of football left to play to make up the few points on Roma.

What an anti-climax! Still all to play for but I have a feeling that your boys might just sneak it.

Life’s A Lottery

The big games just keep on coming. Just 4 days after the so-called show-down with Roma, now called “Il gioco che nulla ha deciso” - "The game that decided nothing”, I'm sitting in a Munich cafe with Stefano working out tactics for the point we need to ensure our progress in the Champions League. Atleast one of us was working on the plan, Stefano seems strangly distracted.

There were no new fitness concerns, but I still made 3 changes. Selke, Hallberg and Holmen had all had poor games against Roma, so Kolokoudias, Koman and Selin were recalled. Chalobah had to make do with a place on the bench.

The defining moment came after just 30 seconds from our kickoff. Milevsky had found a bit of space and took on Alcantara who slid in with both feet off the ground. A straight red card every day of the week.

Brendan Rodgers did what he usually does and dithered for 17 minutes about how to shore up his midfield. He decided to take off his only striker, Lewandowski, and replace him with Arturo Vidal. On the positive, it did allow me the chance for some close up scouting, but on the negative, with a 4-5-0 formation, there was only going to be one outcome, our 3rd 0-0 draw in a row.

Roma-Bayern-Inter. We are playing with the big boys. Not scoring in 3 games is not the best of preparations for taking on Inter. Losing Selke to a training injury on the eve of the game didn't help either. Another way to look at it is 5 consecutive clean sheets for us and Inter had failed to score in 2 of their last 3. The odds were on another dull game. What we got was an injury time winner in a 5 goal thriller. Firmino gave our hosts an early lead, and that was how it stayed until the 72nd minute. Yakovenko making a rare appearance as a sub for Kolokoudias, turned neatly inside the box and fired low past Handanovic. 1-1 atleast broke the run, but with 10 minutes left, Moreno put inter back in the lead. It was a lead that lasted 90 seconds as Bell-Baggie pounced on Handanovic's handling error. 2-2 and Inter upped the pace, going for the winner. Icardi had an effort which was blocked and Demitriou saw his chance to run into the space up the right. The last defener was drawn over, but Koman was up in support. Just the keeper to beat which he does with a cheeky lob. We had rescued the 3 points and were again just 3 behind Roma who had beaten Empoli 4-1 24 hours previously.

Back to Champions League action and the home game with Stoke City. We were guaranteed top place in the group, so I rested all of the key players. Stoke started level on points with Bayern and led the head to head 4-3. The win would see them join us in the quarter finals. It was a game of few chances, most falling to Hakim Abgallah or Abel Hernandez. Both were having bad days at the office, so it pettered out to another 0-0 draw. Bayern beat Ajax 2-0 in Amsterdam, so the Germans joined us in the draw along with Barcelona, Celta Vigo, Feyenoord, Man City, Real Madrid and Roma. I got my worst nightmare …..

Spoiler!

First off we had 2 league games. A 2-0 win at home to Genoa got us back to within 1 point of Roma whe were held 2-2 at Lazio. We followed that up with a 1-0 home win in the Bologna derby while Roma got the same score at Sampdoria.

7 games to play and nothing in it at the top of Serie A

Squeaky bum time indeed.

Trying to get on Mark's good side with a weakened team against Stoke as well, someone is looking for another good couple of draws when it comes to that time again!

Mark's not going to be happy about not letting Stoke win. Prepare for the return of the sweeper system!

Decent draw for the next round, even if they are your bogey team. At least it will be a completely different side to the one in the ODB.

I used to love Celta and Depor on the ODB, I'd always sign Catanha and Djlaminha despite the latter being a moaning bugger at times.

Booooooooooo! Bloody Bayern beating us to the knock out stages

Keeping the pressure up on Roma after that thriller!

Life’s A Lottery

In every life we have some trouble, But when you worry, you make it double, Don't worry, be happy - Bobby McFerrin

I had plenty to worry about as we prepared for the Champions League quarter final in Vigo. My record against Celta is appalling, but that was years ago and this is a very different Celta side and a very different manager in me. Predictably it was a tense affair. There were few clear openings as the game was battled out in midfield. In the end, it came down to the keepers. Victor Goranzon was rock solid, but Oscar Ustari flapped at a Avraam freekick and Milevsky was left with one of the easiest finishes of his career. A 1-0 lead to take to the home game was more than I could have dreamed of.

Before the second leg, there were 3 league games. First up it was Milevsky to the rescue as bottom side Palermo threatened to hold us to a draw. His strike took all 3 points, although it was at a cost of losing Tibbling and Hallberg to injuries at a crucial point in the season. It matched Roma who beat Torino by the same score.

The squad was starting to look a bit thin as we travelled to Juventus for the midweek game. It was all about the first half A rare goal from Kevin Lasagna gave us a deserved lead, which was doubled by Bell-Baggie on the stroke of half time. There was a cheer from the crowd when news broke that Maxime Gonalons had been sent off for Roma at home to Milan, but that was nothing compared to the roar in the second half as young Moroccan, Hachim Mastoor, gave Milan a shock lead. There were no more goals, so Carpi were

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Five games still to play, and perhaps the easiest on paper was the home game with Empoli. It was looking good when Kolokoudias scored in the second minute, but Empoli levelled. Artymatas had us back in front before half time, but again Empoli levelled after the break. We just couldn't put them away. Then, deep into the second half ….

Even better, Roma lost again, this time 1-0 at Sassuolo. 11 wins and 3 draws from the first 14 games had become 5 draws and 4 defeats in the next 16. The collapse had been total and with 4 games to play we were 5 points clear. Unlike last season, this time we are not looking over our shoulder at a chasing pack.

There was no time to dwell on our good fortunes. Up next was that return with Celta. I know we had a lead from the away game, but knowing Celta, I was sure that they were going to turn round and bite us on the bum.

They did, but not as expected. Selke was hacked down in the 6th minute and will be out for 2 weeks at a crucial time. Fortunately I could bring on Milevsky, who ended up being man of the match. Koman put us into the lead with a fluke goal when his overhit pass to Bell-Baggie wormed it's way into the net. I'll take them all. Martinho's chipped pass was converted by kolokoudias to make the tie safe and after Cabral had been sent off, Milevsky finished the game with a solo effort as he waltzed through their defence.

Carpi were in the Champion's League semi finals. Joining them were former winners Feyenoord, 5 times winners Barcelona and 8 time winners (including the last 3) FC Bayern. In a game that is sure to generate a lot of interest …..

Spoiler!

It really couldn't be going much better, even the CL Semi Final draw looks on paper the best you could have got.

Now bring them trophies back to Carpi!

Suddenly it's Crapi's title to lose as Roma have suffered a 1996 Newcastle-esque collapse. Shame about Selke missing at such a crucial stage but with Milevsky in form, you shouldn't miss him too much. Great chance to reach the Champions League final too.

The CM gods have looked favourably upon you here, Eej! Can't believe that

Life’s A Lottery

Suddenly it's Crapi's title to lose - CMAdventurer

Giovanni van Bronckhorst had steadily built a strong side at Feyenoord. They may have lost Tonny Vilhena to Benfica, but he had been picking up the best of the Dutch talent while making the occasional overseas deal to bolster the squad.

He had never gone over budget to land a star, but it was a squad on the brink of ending Ajax domination of the domestic league. Having finnished as runners up for the past 2 years, this time they led by 3 points with 2 games to play. I'm sure that pundits like CMAdventurer would say “I'ts Feyenoord's title to lose”. They had built on a tactic of being strong at the back. The star players were all defenders - Sven van Beek, Douglas and Renato Tapia - and they normally played as a 4-5-1, with Tapia as the holding midfielder and Dekker, Mensah and Beerens looking to break forward to support Michiel Krammer, the lone striker who had scored 36 in 51 games this season. How I wish for that sort of return from any of my boys.

But this story is not about a Dutch team (a rarity on this forum recently !) and we had 2 league games to play before the trip to Rotterdam. The first of them was a tricky looking trip to Napoli, but it was one we made look easy. Martinho made space to convert Avraams low cross and Kolokoudias scored from the spot after Bell-Baggie was hauled down by Zynel. The keeper was lucky to survive with a yellow card. That maintained the 5 point advantage with 3 games to play as Roma beat Fiorentina 1-0.

Atalanta are deep in the relegation mire and were literally fighting for their Serie A lives. It was still a game that we should have won easily, but Carizzo in goal and Esposito in central defence were inspired. It was Vesovic who gave them the early goal and after that, they sat back and defended for their lives. Roma were 2 up at Novara and we were heading for defeat for the first time in 2019. The board went up to show 4 minutes of added time. Holmen hoofed a clearence the length of the pitch, Hallberg got his head infront of Vesovic and the ball looped into the net. 1 point won or 2 points dropped ? Only time will tell, but we have a 3 point lead with 2 to play. Identical to Feyenoord going into the first leg.

Next up Feyenoord. The focus may have been on Barcelona v Bayern, the game that everyone though was the final, but we were determined to be at the party. Our chances were boosted when Davie Selke passed a late fitness test and our line up had a very familiar look. Feyenoord on the other hand pulled a surprise an if anything were more defensive. Verdonk and Tapia are both defensive minded.

It was a surprise then that they went on all out attack. Their 11th minute goal was certainly on the cards, the dangerman, Kramer, heading in Sleegers near post cross. That was though one of the few moments of brilliance in a match dominated by missed chances. 1-0 was probably a fair reflection and certainly gives us a chance going into the second leg. It also ended the club record unbeaten run at 27 games. Barcelona take a 1-0 lead to Munich in the other tie. Still all to play for in both games.

Before the return, we faced Lazio at home. It was our final home game and if we win then anything other than a Roma win at Frosinone would see us crowned champions infront of our own fans. All was going well when Abdulai Bell-Baggie headed in an Avraam cross. It was the left back's 8th assist which puts him at the top of the club stats.

For some reason, maybe it was nerves, but we sat back after that. Lazio were allowed to dictate the play and there was nothing I could do to change that mindset. Karaveev and Milevsky were brought on, but still it looked like Lazio were the home side. There was absolutely no surprise, just stunned silence, when Bacca latched onto Vecino's defense splitting pass and rounded Rinne for the equaliser. Fortunately we manged to hold them at 1-1 as Roma trounced Frosinone 3-0 to reduce the gap to 1 point.

Suddenly it's Crapi's title to lose We were doing a damn good job of doing just that !

1 point the lead going into the final game. We are away at Milan and Roma away at Napoli. We also have the distraction of that Champion's League semi final in midweek.

What a fixtures on that last day!

28 games unbeaten, wow! Shame it had to end in a big game like that though

Squeaky bum time indeed at Carpi! Don't blow it now after doing so well to get in front!

28 games unbeaten, wow! Shame it had to end in a big game like that though

Squeaky bum time indeed at Carpi! Don't blow it now after doing so well to get in front!
    Don't exaggerate ... it was only 27 games unbeaten (and 1 of them was with the sweeper)

But more on that after we get this season over.

Life’s A Lottery

Quick decisions are unsafe decisions. Sophocles

That Sophocles dude was spot on. I had a big decision to make on the Feyenoord game and it was one that I was going to sleep on. The problem is that with the Milan game now a title decider on the Sunday, do I risk all my top players for the Feyenoord game on the Monday. Even inside Carpi, the camp was devided.

Stefano - The league has to be the priority over a semi final. We are in pole position to lift the bigest prize in Italian football, why on earth would you risk that for a game that we might not win. We have to beat them by 2 goals. Only 3 teams have done that to Feyenoord this season (both the Manchester Clubs and AZ)

Shevchenko - Playing in the Champions League final is the ultimate goal for any footballer. Only a very small percentage of the very best manage it. Carpi might never have another chance, we have to go for it. Besides, we have full 3 days to recover. Most of the lads will be fit again

I went home to sleep on it and decided that the squad rotation that had got us to this point would see us to the end come what may. Besides, 7 players had not recovered full fitness from the weekend and were therefore dropped. Kolokoudias and Selke were both fine and woul lead the line, so no space for club captain Milevsky. Keeper Rinne and Strasser were the others to survive, although the latter was moved to central midfield so that Chalobah could start.

I was not at all sure that I had made the right decision, especially when Feyenoord came out of the blocks looking for the away goal jugular. Rinne had to save from Beerens and we were given a huge let off when a Kramer free kick came crashing off the cross-bar. After that, we got more into the game which was turning out to be much better than the first tie. Both keepers were kept busy, although Vermeer was in the thick of the action, saving from Kolokoudias and Chalobah. The first half remained goalless and there was still all to play for.

Van Bronckhorst was the first to ring the changes, Basacikoglu being replaced by Gino Dekker in the 52nd minute. We followed on the hour, Artymatas replaced by Hallberg and a huge cheer when Milevsky came on for Kolokoudias. We had our captain back, not that he changed much to begin with. 75 minutes gone and you started to sense that the Dutch would be very happy to play out for the draw. Diemers replaced Eghan to shore up the midfield. While they were getting that sorted, Demitriou to Selke and onto Hallberg. Hallberg to Komen whos pass was deflected to Chalobah. He chips over the top …. Milevsky on the half volley ….. GOAL ….. Carpi go mental !

But now I had a bigger problem ….. 12 minutes to avoid an energy sapping extra time 3 days before the title decider. It was a problem that I didn't manage to resolve. At 90 minutes it was 1-0 on the night, 1-1 on agregate and there would be another 30 minutes to play.