View Poll Results: How should Brits vote in the referendum on 23rd June?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay in the union

14 40.00%
  • Leave the union

16 45.71%
  • Don't know

2 5.71%
  • Don't care

3 8.57%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Politics

vCash
    It's not terrible for smaller nations - even such existing in Great Britain such as Wales - However, if said trade deals do become a law then there would be little benefits for the smaller nations.

We should have never accepted it but somehow the Lisbon Treaty passed. This was the biggest mistake of our countries.

I think it's the USA + partners (Israel etc.) who see the EU as a threat - rising tensions from every part of continental Europe are not a coincidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACossu View Post
    We should have never accepted it but somehow the Lisbon Treaty passed. This was the biggest mistake of our countries.
    The day democracy was shown to be a crock of shit was when we voted No to this only to be 'asked' to re-vote until we said Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    You try and move to USA, Australia, Canada, even Uruguay, New Zealand, any developed non EU country.

Do you think you can just rock up and claim a house, benefits, child support, money for your 4 wives, free healthcare?

No is the answer to that mate. You need a visa at least, you need to be bringing money with you, you need a job secured or a sponsor in place before you even apply.
    It cost my folks $100k to move to Australia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    The day democracy was shown to be a crock of shit was when we voted No to this only to be 'asked' to re-vote until we said Yes
    Ripping with that one.

316'sRegen Unattached

vCash
    Aren't those adds based on what you've been googling? Are you gone Ed Norton in fight club?

316'sRegen Unattached

they pumped a few quid into that today i'd say

vCash
    Why would anyone not have AdBlock on a browser these days

vCash
    61% at Sunderland vote LEAVE

The £ just took a battering with that result!

My prediction is 55%+ overall to remain - think the leave campaign got a knocking in past few days otherwise I thinkthere would have been 2-3% in it

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    So, as I go to bed, it looks like leave will take the vote.... but Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay.... and I bet you that this will lead to a new referendum and Scotland leaving the union..... why would they remain a part of the UK if their desires and their will aren't respected..... They'll leave and rejoin the EU on their own

Now, hopefully the pound doesn't drop too far and the EU payments to NIR and Wales can be replaced without having to cut services or raise taxes... it's going to be some interesting times ahead.... hopefully some of the predicted doom and gloom doesn't come to pass and everything goes smoothly....

Although any result that makes UKIP happy makes me suspicious..... we have their kind over here too

Good luck to you all

vCash
    Going to bed extremely disappointed and worried for the next couple of years and the future. This was not what I voted for and now the task is to convince me and all the other people who voted to try and stop this is right and words and leave voters will not convince me. What will convince me is proving me wrong and proving that it was the right decision so it is pointless anyone who voted leave to try and convince that it was the right decision to leave the EU.

vCash
    I am surprised . . . .

But this is a clear message what people think about immigration and if this (and previous) govt's did something about our benefit system I do not think we would have seen this vote go the way it has

We could be fucked here . . . .

But at least there will be CM!

vCash
    The benefit system is an odd reason to leave, in or out its the same system.

vCash
    It will change surely...

vCash
    Possibly, question is why didn't it change before now? Benefits/social welfare isn't an EU directive though, it's different country to country and on the whole self governed.

Going to be an interesting 3 months before the UK actually leaves the EU

vCash
    I work in the only Country in Europe which still is healthly... Switzerland ! and it´s not in the EU...

You did the right choice ! I see a brillant future for GB within only 5 years without EU.

EU is the new German Panzer which slowly kills us.

vCash
    Brilliant future?

Our country is a mess, the policies leave voted on we're policies the government could sorted out inside the EU but chose not too. This wasn't about the EU this was about punishing the main parties for poor leadership and now everyone has to suffer. So thanks

vCash
    so naive

vCash
    Can not see many things get better for the UK people now. The "upside" is deciding for your own about immigration but if that's the one big concern for brits they may as well be isolated in their longing for the past days.

vCash
    I wasn't expecting this but I know the countries who voted predominantly to remain will be feeling particularly sour. There is little hope for United Kingdom and even less so for the likes of Scotland and Northern Ireland. I can only wonder if this will in turn spark a chain reaction to people wanting to form alliance or break one for that matter from people who do not distill the same views as them.

Is it a good move in Britain's favor? I think it's too early to tell but early signs say nay.

What does it mean for Ireland? Is there possibility of a United Ireland, c'mon lads - b'grand.

vCash
    Democracy at it's finest again. How aren't there laws to pull politicians (anywhere) up on lying like this

316'sRegen Unattached
    The sky isn't going to fall and Farage deserves praise for his 25 years of campaigning against this EU nonsense. UKIP aren't in government, they just connected with the public on this one issue.

A glorious day for democracy. A great day for the British people

Now, I need to point out a few things that I told you over the last month.

We will vote to leave. (pretty obvious one to start )
    why?
    because Leave people care more passionately about the issue and will get their vote out more strongly than stay supporters (this exact thing happened)
    David Cameron won't be about for too long after it happens.

Now I'm not psychic, the reason I can analyse and see these things is that I don't spend my Tuesday nights watching a vans trophy 3rd round replay.
    I couldn't name you 6 players from last seasons Champions League final, I didn't even watch it.
    I spent the last year at least following this closely every step of the way. These are the type of things that I am interested in and spend my time learning about and researching.

Each to their own and all that, I know a lot of people enjoy knowing everything there is to know about football, or cycling, or formula 1, or World of Warcraft for that matter

Yesterday was my cup final.

AND WE WON!

316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by ACossu View Post
    I wasn't expecting this but I know the countries who voted predominantly to remain will be feeling particularly sour. There is little hope for United Kingdom and even less so for the likes of Scotland and Northern Ireland. I can only wonder if this will in turn spark a chain reaction to people wanting to form alliance or break one for that matter from people who do not distill the same views as them.

Is it a good move in Britain's favor? I think it's too early to tell but early signs say nay.

What does it mean for Ireland? Is there possibility of a United Ireland, c'mon lads - b'grand.
    Northern Ireland will be fine, but thanks for the concern

Turn off the news channels now and stop repeating the doomsayers constant fear pedalling.

We voted to leave, now let's get on with it.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste117 View Post
    Brilliant future?

Our country is a mess, the policies leave voted on we're policies the government could sorted out inside the EU but chose not too. This wasn't about the EU this was about punishing the main parties for poor leadership and now everyone has to suffer. So thanks
    How do you know what people voted on?
    You don't.

vCash
    Did you not read a few posts up where I said, your not gonna convince me by telling me all this. The only way I am going to be convinced when/ if it pays off further down the line and only then. I didn't vote for this so of course I'm not gonna be happy as far as I'm concerned this country is a mess now

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 21