Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Manager - Discussion

It is supposed to be tougher but at the same time, there should be improvements made to each club as we go on in a 'rich' economy. It's true that we've yet to see the benefit of such an economy yet though. I was under the impression that chairmen usually invest in expanding stadiums each season which in turn would help with gate receipts, etc.

Also - The bigger teams don't tend to get managed as we make our managers start from Div.5.

That's fair enough, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out but it'll need a fair bit of patience I think.

The chairman input is a relatively new thing, they invest in the stadium and there's also cash injections every so often, although I've not seen one for a while thinking about it.

nick1234 is offline Hot Prospect for the Future

Quote Originally Posted by jcr909 View Post
    Probably not my place to say as I'm new to the GW but I can't see how it can survive with such a huge gap (financially) between the smallest and biggest clubs, and the smallest clubs being too small in terms of generating income. The 25 limit will help a bit as the top teams won't be able to hoard all the best players but some of the smaller ones will never be able to afford one anyway and their managers are unlikely to stick around for too long in my experience.

Of the other GWs I've played in the only one still going (80 teams and up to season 22) is there I'm part because the teams are mostly at a similar level and the smallest at least can generate enough income to compete.

I've not read through the thread so this may have been brought up before or may have been the intention in the first place to make it more difficult (for some teams).
    It is an interesting point and certainly some managers will see it as too challenging.

However, I think it fairly accurately represents the real world. Any team in the 5th tier of any country has to sign youngsters and sell them on at a profit to survive. The same is true here.

Signing 30-something internationals might pay off in the short term, but it will eventually be financially crippling as it should be.

Definitely it's more representative of the real world, I guess the issue is whether that's what people want out of a game like this. One way to find out!

Didn't everyody had the same budget at the start of the game? I'm thinking, even if you just took over a team in midseason you should have a decent squad that you can sell now.

Anyway i'm selling my best two players to balance my finances as I am 3.5 mil in debt so I think next season will be tougher than the last. You just have to make compromise here.

Yup, part of it will be bad management of finances. I have 20M in the bank because I always buy low and sell at a profit. There were some who jumped straight into buying big names which means big wages.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

I don't know about expanding stadiums..... a lot of the teams play in decent sized stadiums, but they only have 1,000 people come to watch.....

Redknapp69 is offline Member of the Month
    Social Media Mod

This season your Chairman expects you to gain promotion.

eek - only just promoted to Div 2 and pressure on already for Celtic!

Yeh we all had the same money but we didn't all have the same stadiums which is proving a massive difference. Take Celtic for example

certainly going to be a challenge. last season was difficult , this one is set to be worse.

Redknapp69 is offline Member of the Month
    Social Media Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    Yeh we all had the same money but we didn't all have the same stadiums which is proving a massive difference. Take Celtic for example
    People do not have to turn up to the stadium and generate cash - I could be struggling wise with poor crowds

Obviously like the style of footie being played though

Is there a way to sign players for free? Not free agent players but really for free. I need a player so I can sell another one as I'm already on the minimum of 21.

Afraid not - Anyone unattached in the game still command a percentage of their valuation.

Then I'm stuck with this players for the season, and a budget of -400k. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post
    Then I'm stuck with this players for the season, and a budget of -400k. Cool!
    I guess you missed my posts on here and on the SM site about never leaving yourself with only 21 players then...

I took over a squad with 35 players. Obviously I have transfer listed a bunch of players in order to meet squad size requirements. But not all players generates offers. Am I supposed to throw players away on free transfers or can I wait for an actual offer? Asking price is set to minimum.

I would stick the players up for face value and wait for the offers to come in. It does take time so you need a bit of patience.

Don't go to the trouble of releasing players as you'll just cost yourself money that way.

Hi Guys,

Getting a werid issue with the game.

None of the players have their real names. Just "Player 123456" etc.

It asks to load a "data pack" do I need to load this for it to have the real names again?

Do you have other game worlds on the go already?

Click game world on the menu then player database. Then click 'load data pack'. Make sure you click 'automatically load the default data pack every time I log in'.

A question similar to Nick1234.

My mate recently took over Saham in division 5. When he took the team on they only had 21 players & a negative balance. Any pointers on how to turn the negative balance around so he can then start wheeling & dealing?

If he can't afford to buy anyone, & all of his players in turn retire, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by lank View Post
    A question similar to Nick1234.

My mate recently took over Saham in division 5. When he took the team on they only had 21 players & a negative balance. Any pointers on how to turn the negative balance around so he can then start wheeling & dealing?

If he can't afford to buy anyone, & all of his players in turn retire, then what?
    I don't know how much in debt they are, but he will get a decent bonus at the end of the season (more than 1million probably) so if that takes him into the black then he will be able to start wheeling and dealing.

If he is more in debt than that, he might be best off looking for another team who are solvent.

It's worse than I thought, he's 4.5m in debt.

Mark, how would you feel if he was to swap teams? At present he's going to get disillusioned as there's not even a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

I think the remaining clubs in this division have even worse finances. I'm happy to see how it plays out but in 3 to 4 seasons time a high proportion of the squad will be past it.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryS View Post
    I think the remaining clubs in this division have even worse finances. I'm happy to see how it plays out but in 3 to 4 seasons time a high proportion of the squad will be past it.
    I remember that the last time that I checked, it was still possible for El Jaish to get back in the black because they have 25 players and could sell guys for 5.6m and 7.4m.

I think Mark allowed another manager to join in Division 4 though which seemed sensible.