Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Division 4 - Results

vCash
    Nkana FC 1 v TP Mazembe 2

Following a poor performance in their previous fixture, manager Bradley demanded a reaction from his players and thankfully they provided it to upset the odds against top of the table Nkana.

Mazembe started the match very brightly and star player Jesse Lingard opened the scoring with a tidy finish. However the home side soon found their rhythm and after levelling the scores through a well taken penalty started applying incessant pressure. However the away side held firm and it was Jack Cork who smashed home in the second half to clinch victory.

The 3 points means that Mazembe are now certain of at least a playoff place however they are still relying on other teams to slip up in the automatic promotion race.

vCash
    TP Mazembe 1 v New Saints 1

Closely fought contest between 2 sides with plenty still to play for at both ends of the table. Mazembe handed debuts to Jeremy Gelin and Vinicius Junior due to a number of players being unavailable.

Bradleys men took the lead early in the second half thanks to Spanish frontman Gerard Moreno. However the home team could not add to their advantage and New Saints found the equaliser about 10 minutes later.

The point was good enough to move Mazembe back up into the automatic promotion spots with 3 games left.

vCash
    The match ended 2 - 2 between Nkana FC reserves and Bolívar in their Division 4 fixture.

Bentancur scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

ünder was also on the scoresheet for his side but picked up a minor injury.

Automatic promotion is still on the cards for Wright and his team, however their poor recent form has allowed the clubs behind in the table to close the gap.

vCash
    Nkana FC got back to winning ways as they outclassed Vancouver Whitecaps and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Havertz scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Caicedo with two goals was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The league title is still very much on going into the final two games four points ahead.

vCash
    HJK 1 v TP Mazembe 1

A vital 2 points dropped in the promotion race for Mazembe as they couldn't find the winner against a stubborn HJK outfit.

Plizzari in goal for the home side produced a man of the match performance as he kept out efforts from Moreno, Lingard and Calvert-Lewin to earn his side a point. Although DCL did find a way through in the 2nd half to tie the score.

It is still all to play for as we enter the final 2 fixtures.

vCash
    Nkana FC outclassed Antigua Barracuda and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Bazoer scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Praet was also on the scoresheet for his side.

This win secured the division 4 title for Wright and his fantastic side.

Wright will no doubt be keen to keep celebrations to a minimum as they are due to welcome his former team to the title party on the last day of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyefc View Post
    Nkana FC outclassed Antigua Barracuda and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Bazoer scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Praet was also on the scoresheet for his side.

This win secured the division 4 title for Wright and his fantastic side.

Wright will no doubt be keen to keep celebrations to a minimum as they are due to welcome his former team to the title party on the last day of the season.
    Very well done pal. Well deserved.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bradley31 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Cheers Bradley, well done to you too, it's been a good battle to the end! :-)

Hope the last fixtures go your way mate!

vCash
    A record crowd turned out for the title party at Nkana Stadium. Thankfully for the manager and his team it went according to plan as Nkana FC outclassed Wright's former club AS Trenčín, beating them 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Caicedo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. He finished a great campaign with 16 goals from his 16 games.

Two of Nkana's other stars, Fornals and Bentancur were also amongst the goalscorers.

It's been a wonderful season for Wright and his team, but after a break they will get back to the hard work that will be required to make an impression in division 3.

Congratulations to everyone in the Division and good luck for next season! :-)

vCash
    Bradley - Unlucky mate, I was rooting for you! :-(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyefc View Post
    Bradley - Unlucky mate, I was rooting for you! :-(
    Cheers pal, can't get much closer. Will have another crack at it next season. All the best!

vCash
    Finally Antigua Barracuda are off the mark in the league with a first win.
    A 1-0 away win against AS Kaloum Star, thanks to a winner from Razvan Marin.

Time to push on now, and start to move up the league

vCash
    Cotonsport 2 v TP Mazembe 3

A ding dong tussle ended with a narrow victory for the away side thanks to a hat trick and man of the match showing by Jesse Lingard.

Mazembes cause was not helped by the sending off of full back Biraghi after a nasty challenge but they managed to hold out for victory.

The victory puts us back into the top 10 and a point behind the playoffs.

Busy in here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    Busy in here
    I'm still playing, although not finding much success. In division 4 with Antigua Barracuda, hopefully be able to push on a bit this season.

El Jaish welcome dweatherston11 and his team Antigua Barracuda to their ground. A record attendance in the stadium as we begin life in division 4. It was 50/50 and we nicked it through Marius Wolf as the game finished 1-0. I'll gladly take a season of nicking 1 nil wins!!

Even though gate receipts have gone up, our wage bill needs to be re evaluated as while we took a weighted gamble going into the red to drive home last season a negative balance sheet will see this team right back where I found them.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Newly promoted Sydney FC drew 1-1 at KS Skenderbeu. We dominated the game thanks to an early goal from Livermore. Mbokani had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half and then out of nowhere the ref gave the home side a penalty in 82 minute! Bailey tucked it away for a share of the spoils.

Disappointed to lose after being the better side but what can you do when the ref is a homer!

Trencin knock us back to reality. 2 - 0 is the final result.
    Didn't look into the stats, although I usually watch the match like a nerd... I knew I had lost as I've been getting 'a new unbeaten record' message every game and there was none this time. I think I might jump ship at the end of the season come what may. Go back division 5.

vCash
    Sydney FC record their 1st win of the season with a 2-0 home win against Central.

New signing Mbokani grabbed both goals to secure the win although stats show Central where unlucky.

vCash
    Got my first win of the season, a 2-1 win over CPU side.

Marin and Ait Benyasser with the goals had us 2 ahead before a Chavez red had us under pressure, but we held on.

Looking to sign a new player soon, finances available for a decent addition to the squad.

El jaish got absolutely hammered by Deportivo Mongomo. There really was never going to be any other result as the gulf in class player wise was telling.

Chairman wants me to save off relegation... Here's hoping...

Another win and clean sheet for el jaish as we won 2 nil in front of a record attendance of 4000ish people. Not enough gates to cover the wage bill though. I was hoping the mail chairman would boost the covers but naw. We're still in the black but I may be forced to sell my stars... Although I should sell and rebuild with the intentions to assault the title next season.

El Jaish defeated rivals Team Scrabble 2-0. On review of their team the midweek cup match took it's toll on them. We've a big match against a massive side, All Ain.

vCash
    A 4-1 home win at Skenderbeu was followed up by a 1-0 win on the road at Cotonsport. An excellent result, with Leigh Griffiths banging his 4th of the season already.
    Been a decent start to the season for Antigua Barracuda, playoffs look possible, but I'm certainly not expecting to push for promotion.

The Cup saw me get a bye into the next round.

El Jaish are delighted to nick a draw against Al Ain. Away against a far superior side. We managed to score against the run if play. All the stats were against us apart from the one that mattered 1-1.