Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace

vCash

Rest in Peace

RIP Jocky Wilson

My fav darts player as a kid. Was like the WWE good guy vs bad guy match when he played Bristow.

Legend of the oche.

vCash
    Tragic day for all volleyball fans, especially for the italians fans. The 37 years old midle-blocker and a legend in his national team Vigor Bovolenta dies today in a hospital in Macerata after a fall in game provocated by a stroke or cerebral spill in a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    RIP Jocky Wilson

My fav darts player as a kid. Was like the WWE good guy vs bad guy match when he played Bristow.

Legend of the oche.
    Agreed absolute legend of the game and a true character too. RIP Jocky.

vCash

Mike Wallace, the legendary CBS News broadcaster, interviewer and "60 Minutes" icon, has died, last Saturday. He was 93.
    RIP

vCash
    No news about it here, but the legend died.

R.I.P. Jack Tramiel, the creator of Commodore computers. One more thing people may not know is that he was born in Poland.

vCash
    RIP The maker of Commodores.
    My first computer was a very old, used commodore.

vCash
    I loved my Commodore computers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ozRooster View Post
    I loved my Commodore computers.
    +1

CM93/Italia & Sensi Soccer on my trusty Amiga 600. Games of my youth. RIP Commodore maker.
    Long live 00/01 Happy 20th Birthday 00/01

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    +1

CM93/Italia & Sensi Soccer on my trusty Amiga 600. Games of my youth. RIP Commodore maker.
    Ditto, ah the memories!

vCash
    The C64 was my first ever computer, ahh memories! RIP.

vCash

RIP Jack Tramiel

Will forever be grateful for Commodore.. My C64 was the business back in the day, And recently spent a good few hours reminiscing with friends about the amount of time spent playing games on it.

Mervmeister Unattached
    Amiga 3000 u beast!! Used to love playing games like The Lemmings and The Blues Brothers game on this haha. R.I.P.

vCash
    Amiga ruined my life
    RIP

vCash
    Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini died Saturday after collapsing on the pitch during a Serie B match against Pescara.
    The 25-year-old forward collapsed to the ground in the 31st minute as medical personnel rushed onto the field to treat him.

Morosini was treated with a defibrillator before being taken in an ambulance to Pescara's Santo Spirito hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.
    Players and fans were crying as Morosini was taken from the pitch and transferred to the hospital. The match was called off by officials.

All Italian football league matches this weekend have been postponed to allow the country to deal with this tragedy.

RIP

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Awful news.
    Happening all too often now isn't it.
    RIP

vCash
    You're right Ebfatz. It seems that over the past decade or so players have regularly lost their life on the pitch. Before it was practically unheard of. Maybe it's something to do with their training schedules nowadays.

Morosini wasn't helped by the stupid cops at the game who had blocked in the ambulance delaying his arrival at the hospital. Who knows? He could still be alive if it wasn't for them.

R.I.P Morosini.

vCash
    I honestly beleive players are getting 'too fit' for their own good, that fit that some body parts cant handle the pressure and strain the are put under...

.... this is why I refuse to train too hard

RIP Morosini

Lo.Fi Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    I honestly beleive players are getting 'too fit' for their own good, that fit that some body parts cant handle the pressure and strain the are put under...

.... this is why I refuse to train too hard

RIP Morosini
    Can't tell whether or not you're joking but that's got nothing to do with it. Players have died of on-the-pitch heart attacks right from the start - we just didn't hear about it much. In the 1970s, Perugia's Renato Curi died like this also. My step-brother has also died whilst jogging from a heart attack at 16 years. They are freak occurances.

RIP Morosini. I didn't ever see you play, but for all lovers of calcio italiano and professional footbal in general we will feel the loss.

vCash
    The first sentence is not a joke nor is it derogatory

vCash
    Cardiff City Football Club were deeply saddened to learn on the passing of former manager Eddie May on Saturday April 14th, aged 68.

RIP Eddie - Do the ayatollah

21. Adam Yauch (MCA) of the Beastie Boys as died today... I'm guessing it was from the cancer he'd been fighting... but no official cause of death yet

vCash
    Absolutely gutted about that news. Only 47. Left daughter and wife alone.

Why does God hate talented people is beyond me :/. Warm: Fuck you to you Gods. Kratos was right about his wrath against you.

Beastie Boys had great influence on electronic/trip-hop industry. Without Yauch Beastie Boys are as good as dead . Sad, sad day .

R.I.P. Adam.

vCash
    RIP MCA

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    48 year old Rashidi Yekini has passed away on Friday due to mental illness. He is Nigeria's all-time record goalscorer and is famous for his iconic celebration against Bulgaria in 1994.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2886/...as-passed-away

vCash
    Very sad news

Yekini is a legend of my beloved Vitória de Setúbal. He scored 93 in 122 club appearances, including a league's top goalscorer award in 1993/1994 with a total of 34 goals in 32 matches.
    He was the first Nigerian player to score a goal in a World Cup and he also lead the Super Eagles to the 1994 African Cup of Nations title.

Rest in Peace Rashidi. We will never forget you.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast