Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 670

Thread: U.S. Politics

  1. Ya, FOX cutting away at that part wasn't cool..... expected, but still not cool

  2. Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    That video wasn't Putin addressing western governments, it was the western media he was talking to:

    I posted the full version of this speech on my FB yesterday

    People don't seem to understand... the world needs a strong US and a strong Russia, both equally powerful, to balance each other out..... the US got greedy when the soviet union collapsed and when Russia went through difficult financial times (an when their puppet Yeltsin was in power)..... but with the US/NATOs constant advancements and Eastward expansion into former Soviet countries (that it promised never to expand into), Russia does what it needs to do to maintain the balance of power

    Unfortunately, Trump would let Russia get away with too much, which is why Putin would love him being President....

  3. This is the full one btw..... he isn't wrong


  4. #179

    Join Date
    11-06-14
    Posts
    558
    vCash
    500

  5. #180

    Join Date
    11-06-14
    Posts
    558
    vCash
    500
    I'm probably only making my true feelings be known here at the moment because I'm drunk but I'm from Wisconsin so I don't think any amount of alcohol(or sobriety) will ever make me backtrack from what I'm about to say.....my plan is to re-quote this post whenever I'm tempted to spend energy posting a new thought in this thread.


    When I signed up for this forum I got a lot of flack for being an American with opinions about a sport that is loved by everyone else on this forum.

    I fell in love with the sport before I began paying attention to American politics(both of which took place in the 80's)

    My honest drunken feeling is that I know more about your favorite sport than anyone here does about American politics.
    (since I realize I don't know most of you on a personal level I'd be more than happy to hear why I should give a shit about the opinions floating around about American politics)

    If you you don't agree with that last statement know this:
    from my personal experiences...the same people that support Donald Trump in this country are the same people that believe football/soccer is plays a large part in the decline of Western civilization.

    I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I began this campaign season as an Anti-Hillary voter(besides a sports forum, the only other place I talk about politics is a music forum)

    there is nothing that has made me fall in love with Hillary than Donald Trump's own words

    Even if I I were to all of a sudden believe 100% of the conspiracy theories involving Hillary, the words that come out of Trump's mouth will convince me to get out and vote for her instead of staying home like I did in the last election.

  6. I may know a great deal about American politics too, seeing as I've been paying attention for 20+ years.... as your politics often affect we Canadians the most

  7. #182

    Join Date
    11-06-14
    Posts
    558
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    I may know a great deal about American politics too, seeing as I've been paying attention for 20+ years.... as your politics often affect we Canadians the most

  8. #183
    316'sRegen Unattached
    people who support trump are anti soccer?



    This thread is amazing.

    "conspiracy theories" about hillary

    absolutely amazing.

    [drops the mike and walks out]


  9. #184
    316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Unfortunately, Trump would let Russia get away with too much, which is why Putin would love him being President....
    So he would have a terrible temper was the previous thing that would mean he is the wrong choice, he would try to bully Putin and cause more problems was what i thought you were saying about him.

    Now he would be a pushover and Putin would take advantage of him.

    Which is it ??

  10. #185

    Join Date
    21-12-14
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    1,362
    vCash
    8824
    I thought you dropped the mic and walked out?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    So he would have a terrible temper was the previous thing that would mean he is the wrong choice, he would try to bully Putin and cause more problems was what i thought you were saying about him.

    Now he would be a pushover and Putin would take advantage of him.

    Which is it ??
    You misunderstood.

    Trump has a tendency to lash out at those who anger/annoy him. That can be used against him.

    Trump has hinted that he won't live up to NATO commitments. That could give Russia the incentive to push the envelope more, knowing that the US might not be there.

    Also, TIK's point was that he was made fun of because he was talking soccer as a Yank and was essentially told that he's not from England so his opinions on English soccer were not as valid as an Englishman's... but now that he's talking about the politics in his own country people who aren't American are acting as if they know more than he does

  12. #187
    316'sRegen Unattached
    Thanks, I was unaware of any of the previous with elitist Englishmen

    obviously i didn't ever say any of that to TIK because he probably does know more about soccer than me anyway

    I was more just laughing at the twisted version of things that is being posted in the last few days. I'm calling out obvious ones so being a foreign observer is now the argument

    I'm following the news, it isn't about me "knowing more" than anyone all that I'm doing is following the news around the election.

    Have you seen the skewed versions of news that TIK is posting though, it ludicrous. You don't have to be an American to see that, just look up the real news story.

  13. #188

    Join Date
    11-06-14
    Posts
    558
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    people who support trump are anti soccer?
    from personal experiences this always seems to be the case...

    I assume the connection is IGNORANCE

  14. #189
    316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_In_Klinsmann View Post
    from personal experiences this always seems to be the case...

    I assume the connection is IGNORANCE
    Hey there may be a few ignorant people that support Trump.
    I much prefer people who are maybe ignorant than people who take the truth and bend and twist it into lies that suit what they are trying to make people believe. The sad thing is that they "drink their own coolade" and start believing those lies as the truth.

    Anyone who supports Hillary is now choosing to ignore her criminal past, her hawkish tenure as Secretary, the dishonest and borderline illegal operations that the Dems ran against Sanders in the primaries. Wilful ignorance. You can't be unaware of the scandals of this woman, unless you deliberately choose to ignore them.

    You think I know nothing about your politics and shouldn't be allowed to speak on the matter, completely contrary to your first amendment
    SILENCE THE DISSENTORS! - that's a good communist response.

    What's funny about it is that Trump has come out and repeated about the mainstream media the same thing that I have been saying here for weeks in his latest speeches.
    But yeah I wouldn't know anything about it

  15. I don't believe that Hillary has any criminal record...... innocent until proven guilty is the legal standard..... you might think she's a criminal, but until she has been proven to be so in a court of law, she isn't... of course "they" must be protecting her, which is why she hasn't yet had to face any criminal charges

    Also, the DNC did nothing illegal during the primaries.... they were biased towards Hillary of course, but a) they did nothing but toss around some poorly thought out ideas about how to attack Bernie, and b) they have no influence in state primaries which are run by the state governments.... the only place they had any influence whatsoever was during the caucuses, where Bernie actually did better.... so that theory about rigging things against Bernie is not even close to being accurate

    First Amendment states that everyone has the right to speak..... nowhere does it say that everyone's opinion has to be listened to or accepted as valid

    And I love that Trump over the last two days has been laying the groundwork for "If I lose, it's because the election was rigged!".... completely ignoring the fact that actually rigging enough states and enough votes would be next to impossible in the US voting system.....

    5% of Americans polled said they'd rather vote for Harambe than either Trump or Clinton

  16. #191
    316'sRegen Unattached
    "they" - AG Loretta Lynch, FBI director James Comey (you saw that broadcast right?)

    If you asked Bernie I think he might have a different opinion on the whole primary thing. It's about the "super delegates" CF, that's the main gripe.

    He says "rigged" a bit too much the Trumpster but I enjoyed his attacks on the NYTimes, Washington Post, CNN etc, that was fun and they really do need to be called out, the coverage has been extremely biased.

    Anyway, I shall exercise my freedom of speech whether you North Americans like it or not

  17. This why it's so difficult to figure out exactly what Trump's stand on issues is....

    Muslim Ban

    Spoiler!


    Defeating ISIS

    Spoiler!


    Voting for the Iraq War

    Spoiler!


    Taxes

    Spoiler!


    Immigration

    Spoiler!


    Guns

    Spoiler!


    Japan and Nuclear Weapons

    Spoiler!


    Climate Change

    Spoiler!


    US National Debt

    Spoiler!


    Abortion

    Spoiler!


    Minimum Wage

    Spoiler!


    Money in Politics

    Spoiler!


    Torture, Terrorism, Willingness to violate US and International Law

    Spoiler!


    Visas for Highly Skilled Workers


    Spoiler!


    There are so many more..... but I'm tired of gathering these.....

    The point I'm trying to make is that no one (not even Trump and his campaign apparently) knows what his positions are on important topics..... he flip-flops and changes his mind so much.... he clearly just tells his audience of the day what they want to hear..... it's populism, rather than a principled political stance.... say what you want about Clinton, but at least you know where she stands on the issues of the day, whether you agree with them or not

  18. Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    "they" - AG Loretta Lynch, FBI director James Comey (you saw that broadcast right?)

    If you asked Bernie I think he might have a different opinion on the whole primary thing. It's about the "super delegates" CF, that's the main gripe.
    Yup... the FBI director said that there would be no charges laid because what she did wasn't criminal

    Bernie did give his opinion... he said he wasn't pleased, but that he didn't think anything was rigged and that all his supporters should unite behind Hillary

  19. #194
    316'sRegen Unattached

  20. To summarize:

    -They were careless in their handling of classified emails and should have known better.... but nothing malicious on her part or on her staff's part

    -0.003% of all emails we recovered were classified

    -State Department was lax in their handling of classified material

    -No direct evidence that any of her email severs were hacked or leaked, although the possibility exists. Other people she corresponded with may have been hacked.

    -FBI recommends to the AG that no charges be laid as no reasonable prosecutor would pursue a case such as this due to lack of maliciousness or intent.

    -There is no case to support bringing criminal charges in this case for a variety of reasons, usually because of malicious intent or overtly treasonous actions. Those factors do not exists here

    What was the point in posting this except to show that a ridiculously thourough investigation by the FBI resulted in no evidence of criminal activity?

  21. #196
    316'sRegen Unattached
    Bullshit man.

    You see the bit around 4:20

    When he says:

    "X amount of emails in X amount of email chains were found to contain Classified info at the time of being sent"

    BOOM! That is illegal my friend.
    Intent does not matter in these cases. Whether you intend to illegaly share classified info or you do it "by accident"
    the negligence is still illegal. Fact.

    Nearer the end, at around 13:10 he says:
    "There IS evidence that potential violations of statutes have taken place"

    And you are adding bits on there to what the guy said CF. He didn't give a reason why any "reasonable prosecutor" shouldn't prosecute. He said that he couldn't find a precedent for the case.



    No-one else watched this video, so you just gonna try and invert what was said.

    Also, Bernie did endorse Clinton, obviously under duress from the party establishment. I say that's obvious because the very next day he quit the party and called for action on the party being biased against him the whole campaign.
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 04-08-16 at 11:23 AM.

  22. #197
    316'sRegen Unattached
    As for your list there I am reading through it but the first one contains the half sentence we talked about ages ago, not a good start with the half truth disinfo CF

    Clicked a few of the other ones, Politico etc. Of course they are going to be biased, that was what my last post, and Trump himself said yesterday, the media has been totally against him but politico is a known white house media operation CF, we've been over this.

    Anyway I'll read the rest of them today

  23. Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    Bullshit man.

    You see the bit around 4:20

    When he says:

    "X amount of emails in X amount of email chains were found to contain Classified info at the time of being sent"

    BOOM! That is illegal my friend.
    Intent does not matter in these cases. Whether you intend to illegaly share classified info or you do it "by accident"
    the negligence is still illegal. Fact.

    Nearer the end, at around 13:10 he says:
    "There IS evidence that potential violations of statutes have taken place"

    And you are adding bits on there to what the guy said CF. He didn't give a reason why any "reasonable prosecutor" shouldn't prosecute. He said that he couldn't find a precedent for the case.



    No-one else watched this video, so you just gonna try and invert what was said.

    Also, Bernie did endorse Clinton, obviously under duress from the party establishment. I say that's obvious because the very next day he quit the party and called for action on the party being biased against him the whole campaign.
    How the hell did you get that from that video?.... he clearly states that nothing criminal occurred, and that any breaches of statute were carless, but not criminal in nature... and that there is no way they would recommend criminal charges in this case.... and that they would only recommend charges in similar cases where there was malicious intent or treasonous activity, but not for simple carelessness....

  24. Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    As for your list there I am reading through it but the first one contains the half sentence we talked about ages ago, not a good start with the half truth disinfo CF

    Clicked a few of the other ones, Politico etc. Of course they are going to be biased, that was what my last post, and Trump himself said yesterday, the media has been totally against him but politico is a known white house media operation CF, we've been over this.

    Anyway I'll read the rest of them today
    Since the majority of those statements and flip-flopping positions are a matter of public record and easily verifiable, it's not a matter of what you think.... when you say A, and then the next week you say B, and then 2 days later you say C, and then a couple of days after that you say that you never said A, B, or C, and what you mean is D.... it's pretty obvious.....

    I'm simply presenting, using his own words, how his positions have changed depending on the audience and the time of day and his mood.... not dis-information... just evidence that even he doesn't know where he stands.... it's not about "the media being against him", or about biased website.... it's about a man who says whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and panders to his audience of the day

    The Japanese nukes is a perfect example.... Sean Hannity of Fox News.... the most pro-Trump news outlet.... he admits that he thinks Japan should have nukes.... then when Clinton points it out in a speech, he attacks her and calls her a liar.... this is the same sort of "I can't be shown to be wrong so I must attack!" attitude that my alcoholic ex-mother in law had.... it's not a good way for a president to be

  25. #200
    316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    How the hell did you get that from that video?.... he clearly states that nothing criminal occurred, and that any breaches of statute were carless, but not criminal in nature... and that there is no way they would recommend criminal charges in this case.... and that they would only recommend charges in similar cases where there was malicious intent or treasonous activity, but not for simple carelessness....
    I gave you direct quotes and times

    The last person to do this (or something similar) was looking at 30 years before he got a presidential pardon.

    There is no ambiguity here, mishandling of sensitive information, especially classified documents, is illegal CF, there is no 2 ways about it mate.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •