We need a USA Election thread

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Yes, I seriously doubt it.... while I don't underestimate the retardedness of American voters, I am much closer to the action over here and pay a great deal of attention to US politics

No way that Trump is elected President. Unless Hillary is killed while campaigning and he gets in by default.

316'sRegen Unattached

well if you want a side bet, I'm good for 20.

I keep an eye on US politics as well and there seem to be a great deal of people supporting him as well as the Clinton's criminal enterprises having a little light shed on them.

(I reckon DT would be better odds to be killed as well)

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    There are a good deal of middle-aged, white Republicans supporting him.... and they are vocal.... but that's about it.... if you look at electoral college votes (such a stupid system, but that's a discussion for another day), even the most optimistic surveys show him getting at least 30 votes too few to be elected.... and that's the high estimate. Unless something drastic happens, Hillary will easily win the election.

Both have high disapproval ratings.... 55% for Hillary and over 70% for Trump
    Trump has almost none of the black vote and almost none of the Hispanic vote, and won't get them
    Trump has almost none of the female vote, and won't get it
    There are many Republicans who are not going to vote for Hillary (of course) but won't vote for Trump either

The Republicans, in order to get anywhere close to the Presidency again, need to make significant inroads with women, blacks, Hispanics, and other "minority" sections of the population... they cannot win solely on the middle-class white man vote (although they have a slight edge there) and the evangelical right-wing bible thumpers.... and Republican politicos and strategists have been complaining that Trump has essentially undone all the work that they have put in to trying to build bridges with these groups over the past 8 years..... almost like he's a Democratic plant sent to destroy what was left of the Republican base (hey, he is good friends with the Clintons and donated tons of money to them and their foundations.... )

Plus Trump is a loud-mouthed liar with no substance. He's unstable and dangerous. Hillary might be corrupt too, but welcome to US politics.... nothing new there.... but at least she's predictable.... better the devil you know, than the devil you don't

vCash
    Maybe the Empire should have kept the USA under control and stopped the fuckers ever wanting Independance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ste117 For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Lol... your empire collapsed, just like the US empire is collapsing.... just like all empires collapse.... hang on and enjoy the ride

316'sRegen Unattached
    Seems like all they talk about across the pond is race

I have seen many black/Hispanic and women at the Trump rallies while watching the coverage. It isn't just the white man who is behind him. A lot of disenfranchised people of all persuasions are fed up with the establishment and see Trump as being outside of that. Clintons are obviously firmly part of the establishment, bullying the AG Lynch into ignoring Hillary's email crimes just yesterday.

I heard the theory that he was a ringer, but you should listen to his most recent speeches because if he was a Clinton plant, he wouldn't be saying the things he just did

I think it will be interesting to see how the Bernie supporters react to their voice being silenced by the utterly disgusting "super delegates" (yes Bernie wins the popular votes but Hillary gets the delegates) will they vote for Trump as the Bernie message was closer to Trumps than what Hillary has been saying, talking about taming the banks and getting a grip of Wall St, stopping corruption etc. Then he gets beaten by corrupt party delegate systems!

If I didn't know any better I would think you were a paying member of the Democrat party

This:

Better the devil you know

...is where I think things have changed. I don't think that is a popular opinion over there from what I've watched.
    Are people not thinking more along the lines of "Well we've had Clintons and Bushes (same crime family) for decades, let's try something else because clearly they weren't great"?

Anyway, the offer stands. Have me a bet if you're certain

(and we'll get a US Election thread for more of this chat later)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Lol... your empire collapsed, just like the US empire is collapsing.... just like all empires collapse.... hang on and enjoy the ride
    Sure did, one thing that gets me is people moaning about immigrants in this country when we conquered half the world and we had our empire yet they are moaning about immigrants. Some from the same nations who helped save our arse during the first and second world war.

vCash
    The world is heading back into the dark ages again though, the emergence of Trump shows that.

316'sRegen Unattached

probably never actually listened to any of his speech or read any of his manifesto.
    You are again just repeating the television sound bytes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post

probably never actually listened to any of his speech or read any of his manifesto.
    You are again just repeating the television sound bytes.

Yet again assuming because my opinion is different from yours and therefore is wrong, I honestly don't know why you support clear xenophobes like him, you must want a world built around racial hate, degrading people, everyone living in the country they are born in.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Because the US election breakdown is all about race..... it's a massive, massive factor... and just because you see the odd people from various races and ethnic groups in the crowd at rallies, doesn't mean that the majority of those groups support him

Trump's "unfavourable" ratings among registered Hispanic voters is hovering around 90%

Trumps support among registered black voters is at 1%.... that's not a typo... 1%

Trump supporters want someone who "tells it like it is"..... except independent fact checking reveals that almost 3/4 of what he says is factually untrue
    Trump supporters want someone outside the establishment... so they vote for a guy who funds the establishment and contributes behind the scenes
    Trump supporters are Republicans who want someone with Republican values.... but he has been on record multiple times over the years saying the complete opposite of what Republicans normally stand for

Essentially Trump has tapped in to feelings of frustration and disenfranchisement with the political system and he's playing it for all it's worth.... he's a showman and knows how to work his audience.... but that's all

Bernie supporters will never, never, never vote for Trump. They'll either support their Democratic candidate, or they will stay home..... but my guess is they vote for Hillary because they would hate a Trump victory.... oh, and Bernie didn't win the popular vote.... Hillary ended up with 55.28% of the vote

vCash

Go on CF, have a bet with Chris

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    For $20 Canadian.... I'm too poor to wager 20

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    almost like he's a Democratic plant sent to destroy what was left of the Republican base (hey, he is good friends with the Clintons and donated tons of money to them and their foundations.... )
    Maybe I'm paranoid but I've been saying that from the start - Trump is running to make sure Clinton wins. He might not be consistent in many things but he's been pretty consistent over the years in supporting the Clintons.

316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste117 View Post
    Yet again assuming because my opinion is different from yours and therefore is wrong, I honestly don't know why you support clear xenophobes like him, you must want a world built around racial hate, degrading people, everyone living in the country they are born in.

Even when you are outraged that I don't listen to your repetition of the TV that tells you Trump is bad and dangerous, he's a RACIST! I still find it funny.

You are just repeating the talking points that the TV puts out.
    Check this out, we were talking about Trump. Hillary and Bernie there but not once was immigration mentioned.

The wall chat is a gimmick, designed to get the attention on Trump and it worked.
    The muslim immigration comment was edited so you never heard the full sentence he said and then the news media ran with half a sentence and told everyone that DT said something completely different than what he actually did.

Apart from all that, the debate in the US election was immigration about 3-6 months ago, if you were watching or knew anything at all about it you would know that.

Seeing you are fixated on the immigration issue though, it is not racist to control your borders, it is common sense.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I would just input that even though Donald Trump is a loud mouth bigot - he's not half as bad as that witch Hilldawg.

I mean, at least he's honest right? He doesn't give a fuck he say's what he wants, which will ultimately stop him from getting presidency but Hillary is a clear supporter and instigator of war crimes, corrupt bureaucracy and probably will become the biggest arm's dealer this side of the world if she's given the White House. Don't think there's much hope in either, but maybe Trump will actually focus on "making America great again" and not starting WWIII.

316'sRegen Unattached

Lightbulb U.S. Presidential Election 2016

It's time for the American public to pick their next president.

Seems like it will be Trump vs Clinton, barring any skulduggery at the conventions this month.

Who do you think will win and why?

316'sRegen Unattached

vCash

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    oh this thread is going to generate some warnings

316'sRegen Unattached

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post

Even when you are outraged that I don't listen to your repetition of the TV that tells you Trump is bad and dangerous, he's a RACIST! I still find it funny.

You are just repeating the talking points that the TV puts out.
    Check this out, we were talking about Trump. Hillary and Bernie there but not once was immigration mentioned.

The wall chat is a gimmick, designed to get the attention on Trump and it worked.
    The muslim immigration comment was edited so you never heard the full sentence he said and then the news media ran with half a sentence and told everyone that DT said something completely different than what he actually did.

Apart from all that, the debate in the US election was immigration about 3-6 months ago, if you were watching or knew anything at all about it you would know that.

Seeing you are fixated on the immigration issue though, it is not racist to control your borders, it is common sense.
    Does it matter when it was. Does it matter what I read, listen too. At the end of the day all the information comes from website, media outlets, TV. If it never we wouldn't know very much. But hey you know it all and therefore everyone else is wrong and other opinions that are different to yours are false and full of bullshit. Whatever, the fact remians I think you put your loyalty in people who are looking to destroy the world we live in with bullshit Nationalism.

Nationalism is dangerous and dangerous in putting people against each other and dividing people. I don't want to live in a divided world or country and see nationalism as the biggest contribution towards that so yeah I hate nationalism and see as the devil of politics.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ste117 For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached

No argument you ever put forward is based on anything factual was my point Ste.

I don't think I "know it all" I think you are making statements based on zero knowledge of the topic.
    Did you follow the primaries and caucases? I was watching this race when there were 17 candidates on the republican side.

I've followed it all the way and seen what the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world have been putting out, compared with what was actually said and what really happened at the time.

Yes the information will always come from media outlets, websites and so on, but if you read more than one viewpoint you tend to get a better idea of the truth of the situation.
    Discernment of what you are actually viewing is also required.

Every time I have a discussion with you all you do is spew forth the talking points that you are supposed to according to the leftist propaganda handbook.

I don't care if you disagree with me, in fact I welcome it and I'll never try and stop anyone from having their say. The big mainstream news channels not only stop people having a say if they don't like what they are saying, they edit and manipulate what those people actually ARE saying, to skew the public opinion in the desired way.

That's what pisses me off about you, the stuff you put as an argument says to me that you don't have your own objective opinion based on looking into anything in detail.
    Just once I'd like to see you argue your point based on that.

316'sRegen Unattached
    And I have no loyalty to Donald Trump either. I just hate Hillary Clinton as she is a criminal witch.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3