Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokemon Go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 316'sRegen View Post
    I'm a dick for keeping up on current events and reading?

I called them freaks because they looked like PS3 characters, kind of assembled in square formation facing each other, some standing on their own as well or sitting on the benches and stuff but a few of those square formations about. They were all mesmerised by the phone, not really even talking much to one another.

They looked like your character did when you paused PSHome and the character stood there with the device held up.
    Also a bit like zombies. Freaky.
    Do you just read my posts and then decide that I said you were a dick for it? Because I am pretty sure I never. I see the word freak as offensive to those that actually like this game and as you seem to want to single people out for playing it the way they do you are including me in that, because if I ever wanted to to where more than one person is grouped then you will be calling me a freak too. so then I merely pointed out that they may think the same because you play a 15 year old game. Highlighting the fact that just because they choose to that doesn't make them a freak or freaky in anyway.

vCash
    But back on topic people miss the main thing this game is doing, it is getting people out and about doing exercise instead of sat on their arses all day.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    Yup... all these nerds and geeks finally getting out of their mom's basement and remembering what fresh air is..... I have no complaints aboot that.

vCash
    only thing is it flattens the battery on your phone quickly. I was looking at my phone to and from the stadium today nearly constantly.

316'sRegen Unattached

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think a bit of common sense is needed when playing the game. I don't have it but I'll admit I played Pokemon when it was first released as I was in school at the time and had the cards, etc.

I'd think of it as a bit like geo-caching - A bit of fun to get you outdoors but I would be sensible about the areas to go and only go places that you are comfortable enough to go to. So a bit of common sense not to go walking into roads, down dark streets, railway lines, cemetries, etc!
    Get those cards on eBay mate, it will go massive now. I had all the first collection and seen them going for 1,750GBP!

vCash
    For all you know, there may be a football manager variant in future that requires you to watch matches at stadiums in order to view players' hidden attributes or unlock their special abilities.

vCash
    I think it's actually 20 years since it was released. Not that far off the 15 years since CM 01/02

Quote Originally Posted by Bevchenko View Post
    Get those cards on eBay mate, it will go massive now. I had all the first collection and seen them going for 1,750GBP!
    Don't think I have them anymore - Think my lovely old mother sold them at a feckin car boot sale.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drown View Post
    For all you know, there may be a football manager variant in future that requires you to watch matches at stadiums in order to view players' hidden attributes or unlock their special abilities.
    Now that I would play!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think it's actually 20 years since it was released. Not that far off the 15 years since CM 01/02

Don't think I have them anymore - Think my lovely old mother sold them at a feckin car boot sale.
    Car boots. I loved them.

vCash
    Like Ste, been playing it when out. Catching them when near, and walk usual routes. Not perfect, and in the end, doesn't do much but add something to do on an otherwise routine walk.

vCash

316'sRegen Unattached
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they are wankers

vCash
    That's not my opinion. Just found it amusing!

vCash
    I have been taking the kids out on walks to play this. They love it.

I took them to York last week and I saw loads of Dads playing this walking around with their kids. I am all for it

vCash

Summarize it nicely. Get a life. Replacing one monitor with another, but on phone is STILL starting into monitor. In fact even more dangers involved when staring into phone screen xD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12