Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: CM 01/02: 10 years of work and editing

vCash
    This weekend might turn out to be the greatest weekend of the year :-)

vCash
    How come I've never noticed this topic before? Tremendous job, man!

Since you said a new version would be released this weekend, I'll wait for it. If I spot anything, I'll let you know. I guess I'll test this with a Tapanified 3.9.68 version, has anyone encountered any issues using this DB with this setup so far?

And indeed Felgueiras were in the Portuguese Second Division in 01/02. What was the team in their place in the ODB? Was it Marco?
    Last edited by doom_master; 14-04-18 at 09:04 PM.

vCash

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I get that you greatly increased Cristiano Ronaldo's PA, since he's the beast we all came to know, but how come he is such a beast right off the bat? He was 16 years old in 2001, and he starts off as possibly Sporting's best player, despite being 16 years old

The same goes for Messi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luessenhoff View Post
    you are a cm0102 Legend Luessenhoff!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fabio Paim For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you! great work!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to XiaoNan For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @ doom_master:

Well, as I usually say: don't open the editor and start judging, but start playing instead - more than once and more than just one season - and then judge.
    The editor is only the tool required to create the game experience, it is not to be equated with the in-game experience itself. That screenshot you posted doesn't say that much at all, if you get what I mean.
    You could create a player with fantastic attributes and likewise CA, only to be very dissapointed by his performances, or the other way around.

Ronaldo may already look like a semi-beast at the start, he'll only become the total killer after a season or 2-3 though. Now, I do agree that he looks very much over-developed at such a tender age and he often gets to play a number of matches in the first season for Sporting (which didn't happen in reality), but tweaking him has been a lenghty process and unfortunately there's a very fine line between a young future W.O.R.L.D. C.L.A.S.S. player living up to his full potential on one hand, and the same player underperforming forever on the other hand. Earlier versions of him (with less impressive starting attributes) all proved unsatisfactory. Tried many different approaches but this one is the one I'm the most satisfied with.

He is one of the only players, if not the only one, that, once fully developed, can nearly always guarantee you a 1 goal per match ratio or more in a traditional 4-4-2. Changing his settings or reputation even in the slightest way will make his performances deteriorate. The way he has been programmed now is a golden combination that delivers. I think he is a good compromise between a guaranteed world class attacker and a player that still needs to develop somewhat in order to reach his full potential. I readily admit that ideally, he should have been somewhat less imposing at the start, but I haven't succeeded in doing that, without seriously compromising his future performances. I'm not gonna try again, I've done enough so this will be it. Also see my post on him of 09-06-17, 10:25 AM in this thread:

On Ronaldo: I think he is perfect the way he is now. He may look overpowered at that age at the start of the game but someone that would go on to attain what he has should not come without some magical starting ability. I did take into account his frail physique when he was younger, he will have to work his strength up through hard work, and he definitely will. One thing I did do though was making him a 100% striker (forward) from the start whereas he started out as a right attacking midfielder in the early days of his career. The problem with this game is that the game mechanics will almost always make managers prefer to play players that are capable of being midfielders and attackers … - even when they are far less adept at being midfielder - exclusively in midfield. That way he will never reach his ridiculous goalscoring statistics. But if a player is technically only a striker, but able to play on either side of the field (left, centre and right) AND if he is ridiculously good, he will still be placed in a more midfield-oriented position from time to time, as is the case with Ronaldo. But given his insatiable hunger for goals and fame, you can say his natural position is to play upfront, as his career has proved. The way this game works comes with its limitations, which means at times certain choices have to be made that are not 100% ideal, but my construction of Ronaldo has been carefully thought-out. Trust me, I know what I’m doing.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got it Thanks for the answer, and great job!

Btw, using 3.9.68 I also ran into an error when selecting the Swedish Second Division, as other users did. Other than that, with every league but that one selected, I ran two seasons without any problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by doom_master View Post
    Got it Thanks for the answer, and great job!

Btw, using 3.9.68 I also ran into an error when selecting the Swedish Second Division, as other users did. Other than that, with every league but that one selected, I ran two seasons without any problems.
    Like you mentioned, I encountered the same problem when loading up all leagues on the 3.9.68 Tapanified version of the game, and just unselecting the Swedish Second Divison solved the problem. My previous save lasted 10+ seasons without crashes or bugs. On 3.9.65 I could select all leagues without problems however, the game also never crashed. Once I had a save of over 100 seasons, so I if had the choice, I would never go to 3.9.68 if I didn't have to.

Going to start a new save now, with the new update ofcourse, which I believe should have it's own thread in the Download section by now. Luessenhoff's work is absolutely amazing, but too many people don't know about it because it is pretty well hidden here. If CM01-02 is the best game of the series, then the Luessenhof-data makes for the best version of that game. It made the game nearly perfect, within it's own limitations ofcourse, but 100's times better than the ODB.

Thank you, Luessenhoff!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubinja For This Useful Post:

GFRay is online now 0102Bet Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Amazing update mate! Will certainly play this one as I'm an ODB hardcore fan so this is heaven for me

One thing though: I was browsing through some players and came to Edgar Davids from Juventus. He has remarkable low technique (15) to start with which I think is a bit unfair. He was a typical street soccer player who participated in many tournaments and had his own street soccer tour on YouTube. His technique was fabulous and deserves a higher value than the 15 you're giving him. It's nothing big, but just happened to raise an eyebrow for me!
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Join the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current stories: The Rookie That Shook The World..., The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story and The Almere Boys: A Tale Of Friendship And Football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubinja View Post
    Like you mentioned, I encountered the same problem when loading up all leagues on the 3.9.68 Tapanified version of the game, and just unselecting the Swedish Second Divison solved the problem. My previous save lasted 10+ seasons without crashes or bugs. On 3.9.65 I could select all leagues without problems however, the game also never crashed. Once I had a save of over 100 seasons, so I if had the choice, I would never go to 3.9.68 if I didn't have to.

Going to start a new save now, with the new update ofcourse, which I believe should have it's own thread in the Download section by now. Luessenhoff's work is absolutely amazing, but too many people don't know about it because it is pretty well hidden here. If CM01-02 is the best game of the series, then the Luessenhof-data makes for the best version of that game. It made the game nearly perfect, within it's own limitations ofcourse, but 100's times better than the ODB.

Thank you, Luessenhoff!
    I second this!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910