Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: CM 01/02: 10 years of work and editing

Links dont working anymore...

Does anyone have an active link for this.

It's in the first page, mate. Here'ya go:

https://www81.zippyshare.com/v/ViVyGtOF/file.html

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Paiva View Post
    It's in the first page, mate. Here'ya go:

https://www81.zippyshare.com/v/ViVyGtOF/file.html

Cheers
    It just comes up 403 forbidden.

*EDIT* nevermind fixed the issue.
    Last edited by Rufc4eva; 30-04-20 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Sorted issue

works for me, maybe its your AV

Added Sendspace Link

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dnq3iy

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiShagilko View Post
    works for me, maybe its your AV

Added Sendspace Link

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dnq3iy
    Zippyshare is blocked in uk for some reason, had to use a vpn to download it.

I don't know if Luessenhoff amended the team finances in the game but having just loaded up his database and chosen Carlisle as my tough start imagine my surprise to find them sitting with a £8.5 million transfer budget, especially as in the real world the most they have ever paid for a player was £140,000! Michael Knighton's last throw of the dice obviously...

They had, for reasons inexplicable, £5m in the bank in the 68 database.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    They had, for reasons inexplicable, £5m in the bank in the 68 database.
    Strange, they were on the verge of administration in the real world. Possibly Knighton was talking about some sort of investment at the time the game came out...

They did go into administration, and were bought in summer 2002. Knighton isn't listed as the chairman in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Tsigalko is there.

He's just been renamed to his real name; Maksim Tsyhalka
    His real name is written in the cyrillic alphabet, and when romanized the spelling can vary. H is pronounced as 'g' so Maxim Tsigalko (or Tsigalka) is fine.

Hi.
    I have always been playing odb, but now I recently downloaded this update. So now I have this stupid question, how do I get it in the game? Where do I put the files etc.?

Dear Lüssenhoff, I just wanted to both congratulate and thank you for this massive undertaking you have carried out in improving the quality of the 2001/2002 database. In particular, I really appreciated your dedication to including lesser known players from smaller footballing nations which of course improves the international competitions and of course we all appreciate the large number of corrections to more well known players involved in the big European leagues.

Although I agree with many of your changes, I have made many additions of younger players between the ages of 15 -18 that you have left out based on the criteria that at the start of 2001 these players were not signed with professional clubs. This is a reasonable criteria but I feel that the game has more longevity and lends its self better to playing lets say a 15 year career when there is a larger crop of known players still around to buy and play. Once all the known players start to retire and the generic regens start overpopulating game, I begin to lose interest. I have added over 300 15-18 year olds that although had no club at 2001, they at some point in their career managed to play in one of the top 6 European leagues. As an example, when player x has lets say only made their professional debut in 2004, I create a future transfer from a small obscure club to their first actual club to occur in 2004 so that they are not available in the transfer market and thus keeping the game more realistic. Something similar has been done with Messi in your database.

Playing a database from further in the past in my opinion plays better because there is more longevity in the game with known players appearing further as you go over 10 years in to your career. I also think that for this type of database it does not make any sense to use the -2 option in the potential attributes when we know in reality how good everyone eventually turned out to be.

I have had a lot of fun with your database. Thank you for your contribution. Hope that you might think about doing a 2011/2012 database with the same quality as your 2001/2002.

Taylex.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to taylex18 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by taylex18 View Post
    Dear Lüssenhoff, I just wanted to both congratulate and thank you for this massive undertaking you have carried out in improving the quality of the 2001/2002 database. In particular, I really appreciated your dedication to including lesser known players from smaller footballing nations which of course improves the international competitions and of course we all appreciate the large number of corrections to more well known players involved in the big European leagues.

Although I agree with many of your changes, I have made many additions of younger players between the ages of 15 -18 that you have left out based on the criteria that at the start of 2001 these players were not signed with professional clubs. This is a reasonable criteria but I feel that the game has more longevity and lends its self better to playing lets say a 15 year career when there is a larger crop of known players still around to buy and play. Once all the known players start to retire and the generic regens start overpopulating game, I begin to lose interest. I have added over 300 15-18 year olds that although had no club at 2001, they at some point in their career managed to play in one of the top 6 European leagues. As an example, when player x has lets say only made their professional debut in 2004, I create a future transfer from a small obscure club to their first actual club to occur in 2004 so that they are not available in the transfer market and thus keeping the game more realistic. Something similar has been done with Messi in your database.

Playing a database from further in the past in my opinion plays better because there is more longevity in the game with known players appearing further as you go over 10 years in to your career. I also think that for this type of database it does not make any sense to use the -2 option in the potential attributes when we know in reality how good everyone eventually turned out to be.

I have had a lot of fun with your database. Thank you for your contribution. Hope that you might think about doing a 2011/2012 database with the same quality as your 2001/2002.

Taylex.
    Share it?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrFoo For This Useful Post:

Plus one, I'm also interested in trying it.

The gaming experience is definitely enhanced if you add more high profile players born between 1986 - 1982 to Lüssenhoff´s database and just use the future transfer option to allow them to start their career in the actual year that it occurred in real life. For example, you can add Oliver Giroud born in 1986, put him in some obscure club and programme a future transfer for 2005 to Grenoble which is where and when he made his professional debut. I have done this with many players that were born between 1986 - 1982 and went on the play at world cups or in on of the top 6 European leagues. The benefit of this has been that 10 years in to a career there still many recognizable names around playing and less random regens with generic names over populating the game.

Quote Originally Posted by taylex18 View Post
    The gaming experience is definitely enhanced if you add more high profile players born between 1986 - 1982 to Lüssenhoff´s database and just use the future transfer option to allow them to start their career in the actual year that it occurred in real life. For example, you can add Oliver Giroud born in 1986, put him in some obscure club and programme a future transfer for 2005 to Grenoble which is where and when he made his professional debut. I have done this with many players that were born between 1986 - 1982 and went on the play at world cups or in on of the top 6 European leagues. The benefit of this has been that 10 years in to a career there still many recognizable names around playing and less random regens with generic names over populating the game.
    Great, upload your edited database mate.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. But I was wondering if a Data update for this month is going to drop like in previous years, and if so what date? I had a quick look on the site but don't see anything. Cheers!

It just does not make any sense leaving a player like nigel de jong out of the database just because he started playing professionally in 2002. He was born in 1984 and I dont think it is unreasonable to include him so I did.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718