Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: CM 01/02: 10 years of work and editing

vCash
    That's due to trying to install it over a saturn patch. You'll need a clean .68 installation no patches for it to work

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10247

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I didn't donwloaded yet but it looks great!
    If you need help with brazilian teams i can give you a few hints.
    Great job!

vCash
    Just noticed something, have you considered adding Michael Dawson to Nottingham Forest? He was in the 2001/2002 and made his debut that year, albeit late in April, but it was the 01/02 season when he made his first team appearance.

But I wanted to ask another question, I assume this database is not compatible with Tapani patch? I am asking mainly because I would like to try and play the game in higher resolution, like 1280x800.

vCash
    Hi Luessenhoff

In the original database a player like Kaka is a fairly good player, but in real life he turned into a beast and won the ballon d'or, have you modified him so he turns out a beast like in real life or just a little better then the original version?

Also a player like Pirlo has a workrate of 12, I believe that this is a little too poor, since he worked is ass off in real life and probably worked more on the pitch then most other players?

once again thank you for all your work, it's amazing !

vCash
    Does anyone have any screenshots they want to share, of how their best modified players turns out? or performes?

vCash
    Has anyone tried patching this? If yes which works? and is it even possible using some of the newest patches?

vCash
    @ TelcontarTargaryen: good and valid point, I'll start grooming him for the next update.

@ Marc1986: regarding Kaka: why don't you just play him and discover him in-game rather than asking that here? Trying provides so much more fun than debating here. Regarding Pirlo: I don't agree with your point that he used to work his ass off. He wasn't exactly a lazy ass either but his work rate seemed only average to me. I put a lot of work into Pirlo finetuning him. In my book, he excelled through his brilliant vision and passing, not his work rate. Let us say he was definitely not the work horse type, the others worked for him (work horses are players like Perrotta and Gattuso). He also lacked the speed to chase every player in possession of the ball. He was a very determined player though, but that's not a synonym for 'ferocious work horse'.

Edit: I might add also that, for instance, increasing a player's work rate will not necessarily make him perform better for you. In fact, the contrary could very well be the case, because it will influence how the player acts and reacts. Many people only judge players based on attributes. Of course these do matter, but higher isn't always better. In my approach to achieve more realism, I've not only taken into account the visual attributes, but also the actual performances of the player. If you use Pirlo the right way, you will notice he will be the brilliant playmaker that he is / used to be. And on a sidenote: In most cases, he will only start to get called up in 2002 or 2003, just like it unfolded irl.

In other words: try out the players, don't judge based on their attribute values only
    Last edited by Luessenhoff; 15-02-18 at 11:17 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luessenhoff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Luessenhoff, do you plan any major updates in the near future? I am planning a new playthrough, but would wait if the new update will be out soon.

vCash
    Hi Midnight Toker, not in the coming weeks.

I think the next update will come in 6 - 8 weeks.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789