View Poll Results: Player of the Season (Season 3)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • AJ

5 18.52%
  • Baz

0 0%
  • BobMem

2 7.41%
  • ebfatz

1 3.70%
  • gazzas1uk

2 7.41%
  • Janis89

4 14.81%
  • Redknapp69

2 7.41%
  • trunky

0 0%
  • Goofy

2 7.41%
  • Bevchenko

0 0%
  • Dermotron

0 0%
  • evesham

0 0%
  • Erkifino

0 0%
  • merkezekrem

0 0%
  • Fods

2 7.41%
  • batman

1 3.70%
  • pyromyst

0 0%
  • Jesus

4 14.81%
  • Papalzru

0 0%
  • vinjwoods

0 0%
  • Kaneman

0 0%
  • Shermaldo

0 0%
  • felixsjo

0 0%
  • loyal_royal1

0 0%
  • Liam

1 3.70%
  • samsami

0 0%
  • Craig Forrest

0 0%
  • Robaldo1

0 0%
  • Mr Green

0 0%
  • ZanSnake

1 3.70%
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 808687888990
Results 2,226 to 2,247 of 2247

Thread: CM Vipers - Season 4

vCash
    Me, too!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    It's a win, a much needed win. Well done all. Pity about another lack of a clean sheet and Baz! While I'm injured you tear it up...and then I come back and it's a 6!

Oh well...see if I'm really fit next time.

#LBU
    Standard stuff...less pressure when one is "Injured"

#LBU

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hornbloweroafc View Post
    Absolute SCENES in the away end when PedroM rose like a Salmon at the end!

Great win and I got an 8!!!!! Enjoying this run in the team, long may it continue!
    ahahahahah amazing win! this is the way!!! happy for the goal and the victory! let's continue!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PedroM For This Useful Post:

vCash
    onwards and upwards!!!!!

gotta seal that auto promotion....sod the playoffs!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash

For such a big game, The Gaffer wasn't half gutted to lose both BobMem and Redknapp69 to injury, joining pyromyst on the sidelines as 2nd placed CM Vipers headed to Bramall Lane to take on 1st placed Sheffield United. Having looked as though they'd fallen out of the promotion race, the Vipers had somehow turned their fortunes around to move back into second place and close the gap on the league leaders to four points, thanks to a run of 11 games unbeaten, the last 9 all being victories!

All credit to the three injured lads though, they've all turned up for the game to cheer their teammates on, 19 of which are under contention to play. As expected, The Gaffer has turned to the duo who scored the goals to turn the game around at AFC Wimbledon, colml and PedroM to replace Redknapp69 and BobMem. There could also have been four other changes after Kowalinho, Baz, Dermotron and AJ registered a 6. Fortunately for Dermotron and AJ, they have no competition to speak of at the moment (with merkezekrem, Fods and Janis89 having been AWOL for some time now) so they get to keep their spots in the side. The same cannot be said of Kowalinho and Baz though who make way for Erkifino's first start of the season and trunky. The two are named on the bench with only GFRay missing out on the squad as he remains behind ebfatz and Craig Forrest in the pecking order for right-back.

The players looked nervous but soon seemed to be up for the game having been reassured that they can beat the table toppers. After all, they were beaten 3:1 at the Snake Pit earlier this season when Dermotron and a Redknapp69 brace won three points. They've won once and they can win again!

Though Sheffield United had the first chance of the game when Erkifino was forced to push away a low drive from Hanson, the Vipers soon settled into the game nicely as AJ drew a fumble from Simon Moore before powering a header over the bar from London35's cross.

With play being fairly distributed across both sides, the Vipers thought they had found a breakthrough when hornbloweroafc laid out a pass to the right for ebfatz who immediately squared it to Bevchenko. Feeding it to colml in the area, he drove it into the net! But there was just one problem... The assistant referee had raised his flag for offside as London35 had somehow got involved into an offside position!

The Vipers left winger soon nearly made amends as a long ball into the area from Bevchenko for AJ resulted in a knock down for London35 who unleashed a volley at goal but sent it over the bar.

But a minute later, the Vipers were left shell shocked as PedroM was caught throwing a punch at McNulty, leaving the referee with no choice but to send him off! The Gaffer was furious as there was no explanation as to why PedroM had acted in such a manner! The Vipers would now have to play 52 minutes with 10 men and to make matters worse, there was no recognised centre half on the bench! With Bevchenko picking up a potential groin problem, he was sacrificed to make room for Craig Forrest in the team who had to fill in at centre-back.

Sheffield United then saw Coutts receive a pass from Wilson and placed the ball into the net but this time, they had the goal disallowed too!

Approaching half-time, hornbloweroafc had the last action of the half as he managed to latch onto a loose ball and attempted a low shot with his right foot, but Moore did well to save and hold on to the ball.

What could the Vipers do now but try to see the game out without conceding? Sheffield United made a change four minutes into the second half, putting on Rittenberg and Smallwood for Duffy and McNulty while gazzas1uk was booked for clattering into Fleck. Fortunately, the wall did its job in blocking the resulting free-kick and colml cleared it from danger.

After Erkifino had saved and deflected a shot from Rittenberg, the Vipers countered with Craig Forrest playing a ball in for AJ but O'Connell was able to win the ball in the air. Flicking it out wide to Wilson, he was chased by Craig Forrest as Lafferty then received the pass before crossing into the box. Smallwood played it out to the other end and Fleck drove it back into the box where Erkifino was helpless to stop Coutts from scoring this time.

The Vipers tried to respond immediately with ebfatz breaking up the pitch and collecting a ball from AJ. He shot at goal but Moore deflected it clear. Fleck cleared it and the Vipers again tried to build up an attack but a one-two between gazzas1uk and Dermotron went wrong as Fleck intercepted and diverted the ball to Hanson who had no hesitation in chipping it on to Coutts. Coutts took the ball into the area and squared it sideways to elude Erkifino and allow Smallwood to tap into an empty net.

With only 15 minutes left, The Gaffer brought fresh legs on as samsami took over from hornbloweroafc but the Vipers were pinned back with a Coutts cross met with a header from Lafferty which Erkifino parried away. Countering, the Vipers saw colml's clearance picked up by AJ who fed the ball for London35 but his cross went out of play.

One last roll of the dice saw Felix come on for London35 but the hosts were keeping possession too well now, though Wilson was booked. Erkifino beat away a shot from Hanson and AJ saw once more chance as Moore turned the ball behind. colml aimed the coner for the near post and as AJ headed down for Felix, Smallwood made a good sliding challenge. He tried to run with the ball but was held back by Dermotron who was booked for the trouble.

That allowed Sheff Utd to have one last attack with Fleck rifling in a half-volley from a Coutts cross which Erkifino parried away.

There was simply nothing the Vipers could do and they can clearly point to the moment when PedroM lost his head that ultimately cost them the game and though there are still 8 more games to play, potentially the title.

The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ayy... close one. Erk needs some games in reserve team not first team after that long absence

But now we need to secure promotion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kowalinho For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Bouncebackability next game, just hope Sheff U slip up at some point.

PedroM from hero to villain in two games!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hornbloweroafc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Should of subbed me on earlier it seems, 100% passing whilst I was on the pitch!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    * PedroM has cost us the league
    * Send him to train with the youth team
    * Tar him in feathers

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    *hopes PedroM learns from his mistakes
    *thinks Gazzas had a blinder

Sh*t happens in games, on the bright side we're still 6 points clear of Charlton, Come on you Vipppeeeerrrrsssss

20. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Think we can forget about winning the league now, and just focus on securing automatic promotion. It's the naughty step for PedroM!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Had the most passes, most completed passes and even two key passes. How on earth did I get a 6?

Aside from that, goatdammit CF, lazy bastard!

Ah well, we'll win the league next year. Now let's just make sure we go up!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Pedro was only looking out for me. The talking point is him not my concession of two goals.

A bit rusty... Although when a keeper makes a key header it looks good.

Glad to have had a chance. Unhappy with the loss. Room for improvement. Game of two halves. Horses for courses.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I notice that London35 had just above 50% passing accuracy, 100% missed shots and 0 won headers? I bet he is holding the gaffer as ransom to keep his spot on the line up!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    * I'm really using Pedro to cover up my 10th booking of the season and 2 game suspension

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

GFRay is online now Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Tough loss but we should be fine for automatic promotion!

#SupportsFromTheStands

32. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Sorry for the 5 guys, but I'm no DC..... my limited skill set just isn't suited for that position

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ugh - what a horrible game

Let's focus on promotion now as the title may be out of sight

Still in my sick bed but busting to get back!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Oh dear. The calm head was missing at the back...

With me injured, and Dermo and Pedro suspended, the next match might be a bit tricky for the defence...
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    Looks like this #LBU guy will need to fill in elsewhere again

GFRay is online now Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    Oh dear. The calm head was missing at the back...

With me injured, and Dermo and Pedro suspended, the next match might be a bit tricky for the defence...
    Mate the whole #RBU is fit and eager to fill in where needed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Mate the whole #RBU is fit and eager to fill in where needed!
    What he said.

Look at my tackle rate in that game. I'm a more than worthy centre back.
    Also wants to point out to the Gaffer that I was a centre forward before converting to a right back. Stick me in up top to keep AJ on his toes!!

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 808687888990