Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: October 2016 Data Update Technical Queries

vCash
    If your graphics processor doesn't allow you to play in 16bit color there isn't a whole lot you can do. There may be some firmware for the model of card to allow this though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Humble_Ry View Post
    Hi Guys

New to this and really couldn't believe that Champ Man 01/02 was still out there nevermind the updates.

anyway i have installed the game, the SI Patch and the Oct 16 data but can't get it to run.

I have tried changing compatibility to service pack 3 xp but no joy.

had an error message saying make sure directx is installed properly and 16 bit graphics can't run.

i am on windows 10

any help would be greatly appreciated, can't wait to tell my friends about this
    basically i click on the short cut, it flashes black then says can't utilize graphics, check direct x etc -
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Try this, go to the Championship Manager 01-02 folder and run CM0102_GDI.exe (right click and select Run As Administrator first). This should allow you play in windowed mode. You can make a direct shortcut onto the desktop instead of the CM0102.exe shortcut
    Cheers will give it a whirl just uninstalled and going through it again to make sure.
    Hi

Perfect thanks, working a treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano.338 View Post
    I began having this problem too since I reinstall my system on my computer. I reinstall Directx but it still says I don't have directx when I tried to play in windowed mode. Fullscreen works, but I'm not interested
    Launching cm0102 GDI works, but then you can't apply Tapani's patch.

I know it's possible for it to work, because it used to perfectly work, but I just can't find how.
    If your graphics processor doesn't allow you to play in 16bit color there isn't a whole lot you can do. There may be some firmware for the model of card to allow this though
    Ok, got a Solution to this. Go to the Display page in Settings below and change icon size from 125% to 100% to work around this issue

Last edited by Dermotron; 08-08-17 at 11:06 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hello, received the disc today and I as far as I am aware I have followed the step by step guide that came with the disc to install said game.

I am running the installation on windows 10 and the initial installation worked fine in as far as I can take over a team and run it as season 01/02 with the players of that season.

On each step of the installation I ensured I was able to see 3.9.60 in the top left and thereafter 3.9.68 then 3.9.68T after step 4.

On each occasion I have went into the game and every time the game still shows 01/02 players.

At step 4 (Tapani patch) I made sure it started in 2015 as instructed but no matter what even after all the extraction and uninstalling re-installing (4+ times) I am unable to update the game.

I have read through a host of threads but cant seem to find one yet which talks about initial installs and being unable to effect any update despite the laptop telling me that the installations and updates have been successful.

I'm sure there are threads however could you point me in the right direction.

Cheers

vCash
    Go to Championship Manager 01-02 folder, find cm0102.exe, right click, properties, Compatibility, tick Run As Administrator. (may as well set Compatibility to XP Service Pack 3 also)

Go to Championship Manager 01-02\Editor folder, find cm0102ed.exe, right click, properties, Compatibility, tick Run As Administrator.

If still no joy do this:

Go to Program Files (x86), find Championship Manager 01-02 folder, right click, Properties, Security, Edit, highlight Users and change their permissions to Full Control and Modify to Allow. Then hit Apply and OK. Then copy the data files to the Data folder again and Copy and Replace all files when asked

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Uninstalled and re-installed, carried out the changes you suggested however still the same issue.

I went as far as again installing the Step 4 of the instructions and all that changed was season 01/02 to season 15/16.

Go to Championship Manager 01-02 folder, find cm0102.exe, right click, properties, Compatibility, tick Run As Administrator. (may as well set Compatibility to XP Service Pack 3 also)

Go to Championship Manager 01-02\Editor folder, find cm0102ed.exe, right click, properties, Compatibility, tick Run As Administrator.

If still no joy do this:

Go to Program Files (x86), find Championship Manager 01-02 folder, right click, Properties, Security, Edit, highlight Users and change their permissions to Full Control and Modify to Allow. Then hit Apply and OK. Then copy the data files to the Data folder again and Copy and Replace all files when asked

vCash
    Are you sure are just copying the whole folder of data files to the Data folder? You need to copy the files into the folder, then select Copy and Replace and check the box for 'do this for the next X conflicts'

Open the folder with the data files on the disc, press CRTL+A and then CRTL+C. Open the Championship Manager 01-02\Data folder and press CTRL+P. You should get the copy and replace msg after that

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yes, I'm copying and overwriting however I have since managed to get it working. Each time I previously attempted to extract the files it said the path already existed and would only allow me to open the folder without extracting the files. I was able to copy and paste the 26 files each time however apparently the program didn't like that as when I clicked extract this last time I changed the extraction destination which was a new folder I created and had never been used before. This gave me the same 26 files but when I copied them into the data folder it seems to have fixed whatever the issue was.

cheers for the assistance.

Are you sure are just copying the whole folder of data files to the Data folder? You need to copy the files into the folder, then select Copy and Replace and check the box for 'do this for the next X conflicts'

Open the folder with the data files on the disc, press CRTL+A and then CRTL+C. Open the Championship Manager 01-02\Data folder and press CTRL+P. You should get the copy and replace msg after that

vCash
    Good to hear you are up and running

I sent you step by step instructions through Ebay as well

vCash
    Ah, it was in a zip folder on the disc then? Yeah you'd need to extract the files first.

Glad to hear you are up and running. To start in 2016 there is this patch - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9049

vCash

Unhappy Data October update not working

Hello,

i have recently purchased the game again after along period without it in my life, but have done everything you have told me to do via the piece of paper you provided with the game but for some reason the game is not working right!

#the start date is 2015 but history of leagues etc and the players are all form 2001/02 i.e. Seamen is about 40+ years old.

can you help please?
    have i done something wrong?

Thanks
    Chris

vCash
    Hello,

i have recently purchased the game again after along period without it in my life, but have done everything you have told me to do via the piece of paper you provided with the game but for some reason the game is not working right!

#the start date is 2015 but history of leagues etc and the players are all form 2001/02 i.e. Seamen is about 40+ years old.

can you help please?
    have i done something wrong?

Thanks
    Chris

vCash
    If you start in 2015 Seaman will be 40+ old since his age in game will now match his real life age. Since you bought the disc, if you bought it from our eBay account there is a data update to match real life players, they will have the current ages.

If you want to play the original game but perhaps with color attributes, run the cm-patcher again, uninstall and then re-install but change the start year to 2001.

If you have added the data update, you've not done the Run As Administrator part of the installation guide http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

vCash
    Please help guys..

I am running the October 2016 data update patched with Tapani 2.21.1, my start year is 2016. and the game keeps chrashing June 25th. I have made french league playable with England, Spain, Italy, Germany.
    I have had a brilliant first season with FC United winning league and FA Cup, so I would do anything to keep playing this save. Can someone please help? I have tried "holidaying" past it but does not work. Please save my game?

vCash
    You need Saturns patch to run game from 2016

vCash
    Are there anyway to save/fix this game, so I can keep on playing?

vCash
    Can i un-patch the game and then move past the date and then re-patch the game?

vCash
    No. You'll have to start over in 2015

vCash
    Hi, please advise...
    everytime when loading new season, the game quits after various error messages, currently v3.9.68T wc_oceania_league..cpp 1055 (didnt load any oceania stuff!)
    It happens with several game loads, with any tapani patch, without patches

v 3.69 installed, compatibility set to Win98.
    Having Win7 installed and playing for years until now.

Thanks

vCash
    if it says v3.9.68T it has a Tapani patch applied. And you've started in 2016. Only 2015 works with a Tapani patch

vCash
    Hello,

I have a problem, I think it is the last update but not sure. Never have the problem before.
    I try two differents game before coming here asking help.

In the two games, when I finish the first year, after the june updates, I have an error message about "v3.9.68T wc_ocean_league..cpp 1055". I click okay, and when I do "continue the game", game shut down.

Have you an idea to fix the problem ?

Sorry if it is already treated in the forum but by quick searching I did not see anything.

Thank you for your help

Geoffrey

vCash
    If you started in 2016 you can only do that with Saturn's latest patch (go to downloads section)

So that sounds like your problem

Confirm which year you started in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    If you started in 2016 you can only do that with Saturn's latest patch (go to downloads section)

So that sounds like your problem

Confirm which year you started in
    Yes I started in 2016. I tried to load my previous games but I have error message but i succeeded to launch a new one so it is probably normal.

I'll see if it is ok at the end of the season.

Thank you for your answer and for all the work done here !

vCash
    You may as well "Holdiay" thorugh until the next seaon to check than waste your time

vCash

v3.9.60 Index ..ccp 5773

Just uninstalled CM01/02, reinstalled and downloaded the update. copied the files to the data file (replacing existing) started game got the above error, clicked through and got to setting my name then game crashed. Any thoughts?

vCash
    You've not installed the 3.9.68 patch (242.exe)

Step 2 here http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3863

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast